Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Since Heath will be here next year, wonder who won't?

Started by Boarcephus, March 12, 2005, 07:54:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

In the Demozette today Stan all but said you can expect changes in either the staff or the roster or both before next year.  You can also read between the lines he believes there is a chemistry problem as well.   

I think Stan understands next year could easily be his last and he returns the entire team, less Jones, that folded this year.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him cut a couple players who he feels are the problem or are not cutting it on the court.  Question is, who do you see not coming back?  Would not surprise me at all for Modica or Jefferson to head elsewhere or perhaps Olu as well.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Kevin

flaska will be gone from the staff,  stan doen't have the guts to fire ronny (i am john's boy) thompson, and the other guy has been with him since kent state.  so bye-bye rob.  don't know whether that is right or wrong.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Method Ham

OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hogs86 on March 12, 2005, 08:27:01 am
flaska will be gone from the staff, stan doen't have the guts to fire ronny (i am john's boy) thompson, and the other guy has been with him since kent state. so bye-bye rob. don't know whether that is right or wrong.

I know little or nothing about his staff but evidently Thompson is a pretty salty recruiter.  He's the one who landed Townes.

I believe there will be some player turnover I just don't know who it's going to be.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Cajun Hog

flaska will be gone from the staff, stan doen't have the guts to fire ronny (i am john's boy) thompson, and the other guy has been with him since kent state. so bye-bye rob. don't know whether that is right or wrong.

If SH fires Flaska hen Stan should be fired on the spot.  Flaska is the one who got us in on Basset in Indiana.  Ronny was the one to bring Jefferson in ( SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT) for that.

Boarcephus

WilsonHog

Armon Bassett, a 6-1 guard from Terra Haute, Indiana.

PerryHog

In the same article stan also says there may not be any decisions.
I guess everything is just fine on the hill.

Boarcephus

Kevin

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 12, 2005, 08:57:47 am
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 12, 2005, 08:48:52 am
Armon Bassett, a 6-1 guard from Terra Haute, Indiana.

Hope he can shoot.

He has to be better then Jefferson.  I've seen better junior high PG then him.   ;D

PorcineSublime

At least he is not another swingman. Got a few of those already. WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Method Ham

OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

idochog

Quote from: Method Ham on March 12, 2005, 08:28:54 am
Flaska's wife is pretty much a hottie...

OK dangit, we want pictures.  Do you guys follow the message board code of ethics?  All women described as hotties require a photo!
I love Jesus!

idochog

Quote from: Method Ham on March 12, 2005, 10:34:30 am
Quote from: Hogs86 on March 12, 2005, 08:29:53 am
that is relevant

A weak attempt to boost your post total? Pro'bly so....

Really I think he just wanted another opp. for me to smite him! haha
I love Jesus!

Anon2

Wonder if Heath looked at the kid from Buffalo Island, Ballard I believe is his name?  No. 4 was popping those threes last night like crazy.  Think he is going to ASU.  What was I thinking, he's white.

Yoko Oinko

"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Anon2 on March 12, 2005, 11:49:53 am
Wonder if Heath looked at the kid from Buffalo Island, Ballard I believe is his name? No. 4 was popping those threes last night like crazy. Think he is going to ASU. What was I thinking, he's white.

And Preston Cranford is Black??? ...some of you will go to any length to make a case or argument against Stan Heath/Houston Nutt.  While I will disagree with you about certain things ....I still respect everyone on this board (Except Hog In Memphis) because you are my Hog Brother-en but when someone uses race as a focal point in their argument that is pushing it too far.  Please, please do not  refrain from making this into a black/white thing and continue to banter about coaching abilities instead.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Creole Hog on March 12, 2005, 08:33:48 am

If SH fires Flaska hen Stan should be fired on the spot.  Flaska is the one who got us in on Basset in Indiana.  Ronny was the one to bring Jefferson in ( SHOULD BE FIRED ON THE SPOT) for that.

so flaska should stay because he gots ins with a G that nobody has seen, that the hogs haven't signed, and will prolly not be eligible due to academics off the bat anyways? please, i hope flaska has done more than that.

thompson signed townes, unless flaska signed brewer, i'd say thompson contributed more successfully in recruiting being that the hogs only have 2 current players worth a dang   :(

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 12, 2005, 12:45:30 pm
Quote from: Anon2 on March 12, 2005, 11:49:53 am
Wonder if Heath looked at the kid from Buffalo Island, Ballard I believe is his name? No. 4 was popping those threes last night like crazy. Think he is going to ASU. What was I thinking, he's white.

And Preston Cranford is Black??? ...some of you will go to any length to make a case or argument against Stan Heath/Houston Nutt.  While I will disagree with you about certain things ....I still respect everyone on this board (Except Hog In Memphis) because you are my Hog Brother-en but when someone uses race as a focal point in their argument that is pushing it too far.  Please, please do not  refrain from making this into a black/white thing and continue to banter about coaching abilities instead.
i was thinking that was a cheap shot too, SH's back is against the wall, if their is a player out there with blue skin that can bust a zone or handle the rock, SH would like him to come here and help save his job, question is whether SH can get those types of kids to come here.....

Anon2

El Dog Hog

Ronny also works with the big men during practice. So Townes good and bad play, is due greatly to Coach Thompson. He's a good recruiter as well. I had to ref some soccer games this morning, and when I came home my dad said stan was going to get rid of an assistant. I thought flaska. I think we need kind of an older 'old school' guy that has been to the NCAA tourney too. It wont be long at all before RT gets a head job somewhere. IF, and a big IF we make a nice push next year, RT will probably get a job.

tophawg19

We need a coach whose attitude is if you can crawl you can walk if you can walk you can run ; if you can run then you shoot . shoot till 1 arm falls off then switch hands .If both fall off take a 5 min. break .then start all over . line drills for poor shooting line drills for poor rebounding .run bleachers for poor overall play .fear of coach does wonders for quitters
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 12, 2005, 12:47:19 pm
Quote from: Creole Hog on March 12, 2005, 08:33:48 am

so flaska should stay because he gots ins with a G that nobody has seen, that the hogs haven't signed, and will prolly not be eligible due to academics off the bat anyways? please, i hope flaska has done more than that.

thompson signed townes, unless flaska signed brewer, i'd say thompson contributed more successfully in recruiting being that the hogs only have 2 current players worth a dang :(

Townes was not academically eligible either out of high school and had to go to Hargrave Academy after the first time we signed him... so let's not get down on one guy for going after an academic risk and praise another for doing the same thing.  I have no idea who is the better assistant (kind of hard to tell on this Jekyl and Hyde team) but I'm not really impressed with any of these guys based upon how the team looked at the end of the year.