Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, I guess it also means we're too scared to go on the road

Started by Jim Harris, March 11, 2005, 03:51:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Arkansas is simply saying we're not playing in the NIT because we can't guarantee the ticket's required to be sold to have a home game, and also is saying we're not about to be sent to Alltel Arena to play UALR.

If Arkansas and UALR played at Alltel, I guarantee more than 10,000 seats would be sold.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Lanny

3-31 road record could have been a major factor is this decison besides the team quitting on Heath.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hogaddict

drake that game would have sold out no matter which arena they played in.  With the 3 or 4,000 that UALR brings to some of their games the Hog fans would have filled in the rest of the seats.  That's not the reason we pulled out even if that's what they are saying.  They are protecting Heath.  IF he had lost to UALR then he'd be out.  Now he doesn't have to worry about that.  He does have to worry about winning next year though.  He'll be gone if we don't go to the tourney.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WindyCityHog

It's all about protecting Heath IMHO....Lord....Nolan is getting his jollies >:(

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

V B Porkers

Lanny

The University of Arkansas has just painted a yellow stripe down their back.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Macgyver_Hawg

Coaching at the University of Arkansas in 2005 is the BEST job in America, hands down.