Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC is struggling....Tennessee just got rocked by Texas

Started by batmanfan, November 24, 2007, 08:51:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Only teams left undefeated are Ole Miss, who has played cupcake city, and Vandy, who is probally the 2nd best team in the East this year.  However they are having trouble with Bradley at the moment.

Arkansas' lose to Providence wasn't good but we aren't alone.  So far the team has grown from that defeat, and hopefully Welsh will continue to play well at point like he did today.  I guess we'll find out how much we have improved when we play Missouri on Wednesday night.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

hogballplayer30

Quote from: batmanfan on November 24, 2007, 08:51:12 pm
Only teams left undefeated are Ole Miss, who has played cupcake city, and Vandy, who is probally the 2nd best team in the East this year.  However they are having trouble with Bradley at the moment.

Arkansas' lose to Providence wasn't good but we aren't alone.  So far the team has grown from that defeat, and hopefully Welsh will continue to play well at point like he did today.  I guess we'll find out how much we have improved when we play Missouri on Wednesday night.

I agree with you about Welsh.  Even though it sucked to lose to Providence, testing and changing are what those type of games are for.  Smart move in Pel's part to play Ervin off the bench, he played better.

blacksuit

Texas shot 64%, four players over 20 pts  :o

DJ Augustin is really good.

hawgwild1087

November 25, 2007, 02:17:28 pm #5 Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:22:04 pm by hawgwild1087
I was surprised to see MSU get owned by Southern Illinois the other day.  I thought they had the type of team that would go deep in the tourney this year.

South Carolina/George Mason will be an interesting game today.  With all the transfers they have coming in, theres no telling how good USC is gonna be.

Pignominious

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on November 25, 2007, 02:17:28 pm
I was surprised to see MSU get owned by Southern Illinois the other day.  I thought they had the type of team that would go deep in the tourney this year.

South Carolina/George Mason will be an interesting game today.  With all the transfers they have coming in, theres no telling how good USC is gonna be.

I'm starting to think that Stansberry is a less with more guy.  They always seem to look really good on paper but then they in explicitly lose games like that.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

jrparrish

it's not just the SEC...other big teams have lost too

Adam Stokes

Anyone still think Texas postponed our game because they were afraid to play us?  I never thought they were, I just want the reason for why they did postpone the game.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on November 25, 2007, 04:19:06 pm
big 'w' by byu against l-ville the other night huh?

That was so huge!  It isn't that we played well or they played bad, we were just ahead 5 or 6 points the entire game.  The are missing their star player for the season which hurt Louisville, but I didn't rationalize the LSU win because Dorsey was gimpy.  Take em' where you can!  We hung with UNC until the final 4 minutes.  With 4 minutes to go we were down by 2 but they pull away with our guards in foul trouble.  Nonetheless BYU is doing much better than I could've anticipated.  We have a ton of cupcakes on this years schedule, but we do have Michigan State on the road, so I hope we can do well there.  But my love for BYU is still #2 on my list behind the hogs!

h0gfan6

Miami of Ohio beating Mississippi State 29-24 at halftime.

Adam Stokes

So today MSU lost to Miami of Ohio and SC lost to George Mason.  Will the madness ever stop?  They are killing our RPI!!!

Beaverfever

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on November 25, 2007, 02:17:28 pm

You'd think with ben hansborough on their team they wouldn't lose a game.

kuhog

I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago that the SEC is going to struggle this year. And this is the year Arkansas can take advantage. However, I didn't expect to see the SEC struggling at this extent. If we keep this up, the SEC will be lucky to get 4 teams in the NCAA tourney.

HawgG

Tennessee saw what happens when you press a talented team with a great PG.

BTW it has been said before and it s so true, ranking are soooooo overrated this time of the year.

I would like to see the rankings come out sometime in late January or early February.