Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ASU vs MIZZOU

Started by hawgjowls, March 02, 2005, 12:44:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgjowls

saw in the dem-gaz today where they are playing and will be in arrowhead stadium and counts as a home game for ASU.  wonder where they got that idea?
maybe biggus will go watch it and we can get live reports.

WindyCityHog

Really?  A "home" game against Missouri at Arrowhead?...ala Louisiana-Directional that the Hogs are playing?  How pathetic is that?...That should be enough to warrant the Sun Belt dropping down to 1AA....

Big Papa Satan

Pretty sorry that these rinky dink schools are doing an end-run on the NCAA by skirting the rules like that.

Arkansas shouldn't be helping La-Monroe like that, either.

hawkeyefan17

I am so mad that this game is happening I can't even describe accurately how I feel.

Missouri is playing Arkansas State because they backed out of a contract they had with Iowa to play them. They don't want to play us now but when the contract was made Iowa was down and they were fine with it then.

I hate Missouri, always have. I don't blame Arkansas State for agreeing to play Missouri, it will help them but Missouri has shown themselves to be very un-classy (if that's a word) in this situation of backing out on Iowa. They don't want to play us in basketball anymore either, I don't know why we are not very good at basketball and they don't want to play us even still. Instead they pick Arkansas back up. I don't really know if them dropping Iowa and picking up Arkansas in basketball are related but it seems to me the two things are. I could be wrong.

Missouri needs a sure win to help their sorry football program and they went to Arkansas State to get it because they sure wouldn't have found one in Iowa and they know it.

We were willing to schedule Nebraska for a series a few years back when we were hurting and they won't play us either. Iowa has always been willing to go get a good non-conference game (Arizona State the past two seasons, should have been Missouri starting this year and Syracuse starting next season) The Arizona State and Missouri agreements to play those games occurred long before Iowa recent success. We also played Kansas State a couple years back before their recent slide.

Missouri is so weak I feel bad for them that they feel they have to duck Iowa..

Arkansas State and the other Sun Belt schools should be forced to stand on their own and not skirt the rules they way they do but I can't blame them for agreeing to play the Missouri game at Arrowhead, it will help them so I can't blame them.

WindyCityHog...wouldn't that be Louisiana- (insert city here) now? didn't those schools change their names?

WindyCityHog

No idea....I think it's Louisiana-Monroe we're doing the same for....and I thought those WERE the name changes (as opposed to NE Louisiana and SW Louisiana)....I don't keep up with that type of thing...

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Phil on March 04, 2005, 09:36:40 pm
Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 02, 2005, 01:46:14 pm
No idea....I think it's Louisiana-Monroe we're doing the same for....and I thought those WERE the name changes (as opposed to NE Louisiana and SW Louisiana)....I don't keep up with that type of thing...

Where the hell did several people get the idea that one of the Little Rock games is a "home" game for Louisiana-Monroe? This is the Razorbacks' home game just like it has been for the last 75 years with these cream-puff teams scattered around the South. We aren't doing L-M or any other school any favors here other than a "10 year agreement" to play them in LR...just to piss those people off down there by letting them have a weak sister game to fulfill our "obligation" to them for the next 20 years.

For NCAA purposes it counts as a home game for L-M.  New NCAA rules require certain attendance levels to remain in D-1.  The LR game will count toward their number.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

pioneerhog

And to think he is listed as an administrator and you had to prove that to him.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 04, 2005, 09:58:32 pm

Read the link.  It is played in Little Rock.  It counts as a home game for them for NCAA purposes.  In fact, although I'm not sure, I believe I read we will be wearing away jerseys.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 10:04:10 pm

Read the link. It is played in Little Rock. It counts as a home game for them for NCAA purposes. In fact, although I'm not sure, I believe I read we will be wearing away jerseys.
I do believe your right. Did we give some team a home game at Little Rock this past season?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Phil on March 04, 2005, 10:14:56 pm

Read the link.  It is played in Little Rock.  It counts as a home game for them for NCAA purposes.  In fact, although I'm not sure, I believe I read we will be wearing away jerseys.

Read the other link. Louisiana-Monroes'. It says that it is a RAZORBACK HOME GAME. They ought to know.

Whatever. 

riccoar

Yes it is a home game for us but LM gets to count the attendance towards their home total attendance to meet Div 1A standards as set by the NCAA  maintain status.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Phil on March 04, 2005, 10:18:30 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 10:15:47 pm

Read the other link. Louisiana-Monroes'. It says that it is a RAZORBACK HOME GAME. They ought to know.

Whatever. 

Yeah, uh huh. ;D

You do realize I was correct? 

pioneerhog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 10:23:18 pm
Quote from: Phil on March 04, 2005, 10:18:30 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 10:15:47 pm

Whatever. 

Yeah, uh huh. ;D

Mr. fatty i don't think he will ever realize it.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Phil on March 04, 2005, 10:50:02 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 10:23:18 pm

Here Mr. Fatty, why don't you call Louisiana-Monroe Sports Information Director Judy Willson 342-5463 and tell her.

Read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.  I'll help you - start with the first three words:

"For NCAA purposes it counts as a home game for L-M.  New NCAA rules require certain attendance levels to remain in D-1.  The LR game will count toward their number."

See, we're both right.  Isn't it glorious?

pioneerhog

OK what is being said here is, yes this is actually a home game being that it is being played in Little Rock, but L-M is counting the attandence towards the average home attendece for the NCAA rule that all D-1 schools must average at least 15,000. So yes it is a ARK home game but we can only count one game on a neutral ground on our yearly attendence average, SO we are letting L-M count it towards theirs. Maybe this will help someone understand this a little more.

RebelliousHog

In 2004 the ULM game counted as home game for ULM. As other shave posted, it was deal we made to always play in the Rock and helps ULM home attendence figures. The reason that the ULM schedule for 2005 show us as the home team is because THEY were the home team in 2004. It was all in the papers before the game and during the summer.

And no, I don't like bending the rules. If ULM, ASU and the like cannot be self-sustaining they need to be in 1-AA. no one is cheating here,but it just isn't right somehow.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Yup, Phil, they are alternating just like normal home-and-homes, except we get to play all the games in Little Rock.  The NCAA passed this rule as workaround for their own rule, which was designed to force schools like Arkansas State out of Division 1-A.  But they did not have the balls to enforce it, so they allow these ** little schools to find a big partner and designate a road game as a home game for attendance-counting purposes.

Think about it.  A-State can have six home games, one of them at Arrowhead.  They can draw 5,000 per game at Jonesboro, 75,000 at Arrowhead, and the average is 16,667, above the NCAA minimum of 15,000.
[CENSORED]!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Phil on March 05, 2005, 08:28:52 am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 04, 2005, 11:07:40 pm

See, we're both right. 

And my apology to you Fatty. See, it isn't all that hard to say. :-*

It always gives me a warm fuzzy to admit when I'm wrong.

fayettevilledomer

The inferiority complex you people posses absolutely amazes me. Bitching about a game that will have absolutely no bearing on your next mediocre season seems a bit stupid don't you think?

Here you have Piggus talking about Arkansas State and their peers "skirting" the rules designed to send them back to 1AA, yet he is first in line for tickets when the UA plays against these very teams. It makes you wonder if he realizes that the UA would have only won 3 games last year if it weren't for the teams that slipped through this so called "loophole."

It's a damn shame that some people just refuse to be objective in following "their teams." It makes life much more enjoyable to sit back, take the good with the bad, and not attempt to rationalize every flaw the University of Arkansas department of athletics obviously possesses.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: fayettevilledomer on March 08, 2005, 09:35:12 pm
The inferiority complex you people posses absolutely amazes me. Bitching about a game that will have absolutely no bearing on your next mediocre season seems a bit stupid don't you think?

Here you have Piggus talking about Arkansas State and their peers "skirting" the rules designed to send them back to 1AA, yet he is first in line for tickets when the UA plays against these very teams. It makes you wonder if he realizes that the UA would have only won 3 games last year if it weren't for the teams that slipped through this so called "loophole."

It's a damn shame that some people just refuse to be objective in following "their teams." It makes life much more enjoyable to sit back, take the good with the bad, and not attempt to rationalize every flaw the University of Arkansas department of athletics obviously possesses.

Yawn....

...oh, did you have a point?

zzzzzzzzz.........

hawkeyefan17

I'm still mad that the game is taking place. It's so pathetic on Missouri's part.

UKhog1

you guys are all nuts i can't wait to piss someone off and have them critique everything i say

Pragmatic PiG

how's the weather in jonesboro ???

Biggus Piggus

What's YOUR inferiority complex?  What makes you blow up a minor discussion and turn it into some sort of Razorback psychosis?  Phil simply did not believe it was true that Arkansas State could go to Arrowhead Stadium and count it as a home game.  I recounted the tale as to why it is true.  It was a patch job on a D-1A attendance rule the NCAA is too chickenshit to enforce.
[CENSORED]!