Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN IS ON THE BUZZ RIGHT NOW

Started by football17, February 09, 2007, 08:51:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SexyBeast77

Wally,

"You're the head coach. You make 1.2 million dollars."  (implied, you can decide who starts and the play if you want........instead of blaming Gus

HogBaptist

Quote from: Boner on February 09, 2007, 09:11:45 am
Everyone who can't believe that HDN actually had to come on the radio, is the same people who complain that he hides and never talks.  You *** that a lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with the BAC, yet complain when HDN presents himself on the radio completely vulnerable to the guy who just critisized him in the paper.

i didn't see anyone complaining about him coming on the radio...i just saw laughter.

Bomis Hawg

They played the entire interview on the net.  I am going to assume they let it run a little long then went to the end-of-the hour break. 

allyoucaneatbuffet

Wally thanks tommy for stepping in, wally said HE was VERY angry

Bazzell AMAZED the hc of a national program would call in...Bazzell sounds like his faith in nutt is slipping.

Tommy said Justin Acri kept texting and saying "LET WALLY AND NUTT GO AT IT!  GO AT IT!"

Tommy just mocked hOuston's "i can't hold a press conference every time a rumor surfaces" comments

Babbitt

Quote from: hawgibalboa on February 09, 2007, 09:04:54 am
Way to go Coach Nutt!  Good to see him stand up against the idiotic sports writers.

Good Morning, TERESA!!!

proud2bpork

Wally just said he was glad that Tommy cut it off because he was getting mad.  Glad to see Wally getting pissed.

jtnhogs

I think there's NO WAY that he made that call without clearing it with JFB first.

They are in panic mode.

JDHogg

Everyone who can't believe that HDN actually had to come on the radio, is the same people who complain that he hides and never talks.  You *** that a lack of communication is one of the biggest problems with the BAC, yet complain when HDN presents himself on the radio completely vulnerable to the guy who just critisized him in the paper.

So then what the hell is a 'sports information director' for?
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

LA HAWG

HogBaptist

Quote from: football17 on February 09, 2007, 09:12:14 am
What also pisses me off is that Tommy bashes HDN all morning, and then when HDN gets on the air, TOmmy buddies up with him...

can you call in?  you should call in and trash tommy

John Futrall

Quote from: SuperHog on February 09, 2007, 09:07:31 am
Quote from: elksnort on February 09, 2007, 09:05:20 am
Would you prefer HDN come on the radio show or not? This is a question not a statement.

IMO-if Nutt doesn't have anything to hide, then why does he feel the need to defend himself?

IMO- If Nutt doesn't say anything to defend himself, then what is he trying to hide? (sarcasm alert)

HDN is in a no-win situation right now, plain and simple (this is not sarcasm). Wally said earlier this morning that this is a PR nightmare for the FBAC, and all people want more than anything is accountability and truth. I couldn't agree more, and I think what you're seeing is the slow "turn" of the media on HDN (i.e. Wally, Bo, etc)

I haven't heard a word of HDN's rant today, but for him to go on the radio to defend himself was 1. odd, and 2, took some cahones to do.   While I respect his intentions, he probably could've done this a better way.

All that being said, I think (and hope) that his days as coach of the Razorbacks are numbered. 

1CavHog

Wally is the man! Only a complete dumbass would call in to a morning talk show. All this will do is draw more attention to the whole situation. Wally - 1. Nutt - 0. Damn I would hate to be Nutt's PR people right now.

fu-man-soo

February 09, 2007, 09:14:01 am #112 Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:15:41 am by fu-man-soo
If anyone read sigpig's post the other day it seemed as if something may be going on.  now all of the sudden after months and months dale calls in a radio show.... hmmm, does he now all of the sudden realize that jfb aint gonna be around forever and he may actually need other support?

i dont think his strategy worked but it seems it may be his intention

sig- if you are out there can you comment

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=114530.0

LRCentralTiger

The only thing the discussion on the radio proved to me was, Houston is never in control.  He will delegate and then blame if things get sticky.  "Gus you tell them why", he was setting Gus for confrontation with the parent.

I have a new found opinion of the jerk Wally Hall.  I never cared or read Wally but now, I think he is 100% on target.  Go Wally!!!!!!!!  Where are you MIKE????

pikehog

Tommy admited he cut it off because it was getting to heated and he was not going to have it continue.

The program director Justin Acri was texting Tommy telling him to keep it going and they would not do it.

I bet ACri will replay it on his show at 10:00.

booogaga

do y ou think houston said enough for a fireing . like nolan did?
GO HOGS!

hawgXi

February 09, 2007, 09:15:17 am #116 Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:18:44 am by hawgXi
contemporaneous notes:

Tommy smith:  we have houston nutt on the line.  Let's get him on here with bazzel and wally and clear the air.

HDN:  No one was rude to malzahn
HDN:  We've always been 7th 8th or 9th in recruiting
HDN:  Hiring of lee was not behind anybody's back
HDN:  to get Lee, we had to hire him as a co coordinator
HDN:  If you think I'd put a player out there that was injured, nothing farther from the truth.
Wally:  are you saying he didn't have a separated shoulder?
HDN:  Kid did not have a separated shoulder or we would not have played him
HDN   McFadden had a sprained shoulder not serparated.
HDN:  Planned on using him as a decoy
HDN:  don't like people getting down on arkansas & my players
HDN:   Disappointed by wally hall he has been a friend of mine for a long time
HDN:  Wally has not talkied to me about this.
HDN:  Wally is hearing this from the internet or somebody's mother
HDN:  Gus changed the play when williams didn't get to start in southern cal game.
HDN;  damian's dad came in and ask why damian didn't start after I told him he would, so I said: Gus called a different play. 
HDN:  Gus, you tell him why he didn't start..
HDN:  Not one time did he tell him not to run the hurry up
HDN:  I'm the CEO, and I did say get the ball to mcfadden 25 or 30 times a game

Wally:  I respect you for calling in.

HDN:   I've always been a fighter

HDN:  You're saying things that are not true

Wally  you're saying things are not true

HDN:  We're looking for the next anthony lucas to come out of this.

HDN:  Would love to have had ziemba or codi burns, but when you lose their recruiting coach in the middle of recruiting what do you expect.

HDN:  When you win 10 your should not have to make excuses

HDN:  Florida has over 300 scholarship athletes a year.

HDN:  But let's have this love and passion for what being a razorback is all about.

HDN:  Ask urban myers about what the florida players have to say. About arkansas football.

HDN:  Got this article sent to me pretty early this morning, and just thought I'd try to get on.

Tommy:  I think what you and wally are doing helps clear the air

Tommy: what you're doing now clears the air quite a bit. I appreciate having you on.

Tommy; these web sites, people on the internet.....

Wally: I stand by what I wrote.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

proud2bpork

This shows you Tommy's colors........a couple minutes before HDN called in, Tommy talked about the HDN quote where he said he walked into homes with lamented articles on coffee tables and Tommy said that's because they hate you (HDN).   It's funny that he didn't bring that back up with HDN.

WilsonHog

Boner, name me the last Razorback football coach that had to go on the radio in Arkansas to defend himself.

You can't because it has never happened.

The Sports Editor of the only statewide newspaper in Arkansas is OPENLY attacking our football coach.

That speaks volumes about where we are.

Pig Power

Boner,
The fact that your HC had to call in to a radio morning show to dispute things written about him tells me that Wally is right. Did he ever have the "stones" to come forward in the press when all of these events actually took place? No... Dale thought he could be an ostrich and stick head in the sand hoping that all of this would go away on its own..... Wally called him out and poor Dale got his feelings hurt.....

Babbitt

snort

What puzzles me is how did Nutt know to call in?  Does he listen every morning?

allyoucaneatbuffet

pikehog

they jsut said they were archiving it.

hogsanity

So let me guess, now HDN is stupid for going on the radio?  OF course he was a coward for never going on the raido or being in a position to be asked tough questions.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

allyoucaneatbuffet

"INTERVIEW IS ARCHIVING AND WILL BE RE-AIRED EITHER TODAY OR MONDAY"

First caller mocks houston

"I CALLED THAT RADIO STATION BROTHA!"
and all hosts guffaw in laughter...

the tide is turning..........................

pikehog

Dugann

rofl tommy said wow wally this would been a blood bath if i wasn't there between you..I could tell wally that you was getting mad.....wally said yea my face was getting a little red there.... go go go wally
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Silver Hog

This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

This can ONLY be good for the darksiders!

Coacht

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2007, 09:04:34 am
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 09, 2007, 08:59:31 am
Nutt':
"DID I WANT BURNS AND ZEIMBA BUT THE FACT IS WHEN YOU LOSE THIER RECRUITING COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!
[/b]

break

LOSE?  It was freakin stupid, Houston, to run off Gus at the end of recruiting season.  STUPID.

If he would of made MM, DW, and GM happy....he could of bought him 4 years with the fans, instead he has turned everyone against him. $1.2 Million buys REALLY STUPID!
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 09, 2007, 09:16:05 am

Boner, name me the last Razorback football coach that had to go on the radio in Arkansas to defend himself.

You can't because it has never happened.

The Sports Editor of the only statewide newspaper in Arkansas is OPENLY attacking our football coach.

That speaks volumes about where we are.

The rest of them got fired or ran to Clemson.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IowaHog

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 09, 2007, 09:10:18 am
Did someone happen to record that?
Tell me someone recorded that- I only got home in time to get the last minute of it or so...  ???
"Dorks.  They look like a couple of dorks". 
-Quentin Tarantino, apparently when asked about Hooten and Danny...

allyoucaneatbuffet

NUTT'S QUOTES RECAPS

"WE NEVER BLAMED THE MEDIA"

"I WENT TO GUS AND SAID, ALEX WOOD IS INTERVIEWING WITH THE BENGALS AND I SAID WE NEED NFL EXPERIENCE LIKE DAVID LEE"

"NO ONE WAS RUDE TO GUS MALZAHN.  NEVER HAS BEEN RUDE"

"WALLY, IF YOU THINK FOR ONE MINUTE I PUT 1 PLAYER OUT THERE TO BE HURT??  TO SAY THIS KID WAS PLAYING WITH A SEPARATED SHOULDER, NOT TRUE.  HE HAD A SPRAINED SHOULDER!"

"WALLY HALL HAS BEEN A FRIEND OF MINE AND I AM DISAPPOINTED IN HIM"

"WALLY HAS SOMEBODY [AS A SOURCE] EITHER ON THE INTERNET OR SOMEBODY'S MOTHER...."

"DWILLIAMS MOM CAME TO MY OFFICE AND SAID 'WHY DIDNT HE PLAY"

"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING WALLY, NOT ONE TIME HAVE I EVER TOLD GUS DON'T RUN THE HURRY UP!"

"I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FIGHTER, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A WINNER"

"I ACCEPT 8TH 9TH RANKING, I DON'T CARE... WATCH THE NEXT JAMAAL ANDERSON COME FROM THIS GROUP"

"DID I WANT BURNS AND ZEIMBA BUT THE FACT IS WHEN YOU LOSE THIER RECRUITING COACH IN THE MIDDLE OF IT THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE!"

SuperHog

Quote from: booogaga on February 09, 2007, 09:15:01 am
do y ou think houston said enough for a fireing . like nolan did?

um, No.  Short of him saying something to the effect of Jesus Christ not existing, Nutt is STILL bulletproof.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

secfan30

Quote from: SuperHog on February 09, 2007, 09:04:05 am
Quote from: jtnhogs on February 09, 2007, 09:03:23 am
YOU'RE BLOWING IT 103.7!!!

they're not blowing it....that's the huggers pulling the plug.

I was in my car the whole time and not 1 commercial interrupted the interview. Wow all these conspiracy theorist over nothing. Who are the real spinners?

Are you serious!!! He destroys the best opportunity that we have had in 40 years to actually play with the big boys and after 2 years of nothing now that he is "Rock Bottom" and you want us to give him credit for talking to us without a coaches show?  GIVE ME A BREAK! 

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

311Hog

"always been a winner"

WTH IS HOUSTON HIGH?  2 games over .500 is NOT A WINNER.

secfan30

Quote from: IowaHog on February 09, 2007, 09:20:02 am
Tell me someone recorded that- I only got home in time to get the last minute of it or so...  ???
They will replay it again. Prob later today or monday.

AltaHog

Quote from: IowaHog on February 09, 2007, 09:20:02 am

The Radio Station will/does have a recording.

Silver Hog

Quote from: secfan30 on February 09, 2007, 09:21:21 am

I was in my car the whole time and not 1 commercial interrupted the interview. Wow all these conspiracy theorist over nothing. Who are the real spinners?
the commercials were on the internet feed. Im in Omaha today and missed most of the thing.

Michaelt

Houston on damage control? wow...
and he didn't do well with it either.

This is something that might turn the tide on what is going on up on the hill;
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

booogaga

i will be interested to see what wally writes in his column tommorow
GO HOGS!

pikehog

Tommy is getting slammed for interupting and not letting Wally and HDN discuss the matter.

IowaHog

Quote from: secfan30 on February 09, 2007, 09:21:21 am

It's a totally different experience over the web-feed.

allyoucaneatbuffet

third caller "ONLY REASON I BUY THE PAPER IS WALLY HALL.  HALF THE STATE AGREES WITH HIM......WHY IS WALLY THERE IF YOU [TOMMY] WON'T LET HIM ANSWER TOMMY!  WHY HAVE HOUSTON CALL FOR A ONE-SIDED TALK WITH NO REBUTTAL BY WALLY!

football17

Quote from: pikehog on February 09, 2007, 09:23:06 am
Tommy is getting slammed for interupting and not letting Wally and HDN discuss the matter.

as he should be.

pikehog

Quote from: booogaga on February 09, 2007, 09:23:02 am
i will be interested to see what wally writes in his column tommorow

He will most likely write some sort of apology......bank it.

allyoucaneatbuffet

fourth caller:  TOMMY, SHUT UP!  THAT WAS FRAZIER AND ALI AND YOU STOPPED THEM!

tommy is being roasted....

IowaHog

Quote from: 8728382 on February 09, 2007, 09:21:52 am

Are you serious!!! He destroys the best opportunity that we have had in 40 years to actually play with the big boys and after 2 years of nothing now that he is "Rock Bottom" and you want us to give him credit for talking to us without a coaches show?  GIVE ME A BREAK! 

Thank you- we had this discussion a couple of weeks ago- apparently not enough sack to have a call-in show....