Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Auburn-Hogs Game Thread? (**WATCH ONLINE NOW**)

Started by allyoucaneatbuffet, February 07, 2007, 06:41:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: HawgG on February 07, 2007, 09:23:26 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on February 07, 2007, 09:09:03 pm
just not alot of effort out there today.

gotta question the drive of the team. In spots they were great. Like Always we get a good lead and then let up.

Well this is basketball and leads are not safe with the 3 pt shoot.

I do get where you are coming from.I also think that the one big piece missing from this team is a Go-To man.Ervin tries to be that guy.but his abilities are not made for that title.

This is a better team then last year's team except for the title Brewer had and gave up when he left for the NBA.

This is anywhere from an average to good team.They will never be anything more then that IMO, because what they are missing can only be found in recruiting.

sadly, brewer was NEVER the go-to guy... against MSU in 05, at LSU in 06, at KY in 06, at OM in 06....  it seems that any time Ronnie had a chance to make the 'game winning shot' and have us 'turn the corner'... we didn't.   closest "im taking the game over" moment was last year with bama at home, the amazing 3 point play he made to get us the lead with 20 sec left.

HawgG

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffetsadly, brewer was NEVER the go-to guy... against MSU in 05, at LSU in 06, at KY in 06, at OM in 06....  it seems that any time Ronnie had a chance to make the 'game winning shot' and have us 'turn the corner'... we didn't.   closest "im taking the game over" moment was last year with bama at home, the amazing 3 point play he made to get us the lead with 20 sec left.

Yeah Brewer pissed me off to with his disappearing acts in big ball games, as did Ferguson missing something like 20 straight game winning baskets.

Now allyoucaneat, you know how big Ronnie was for this program last season in games against Florida, Alabama, and Tenn in which he saved the program from missing the NCAAT again.

He was far from perfect most of his career, but in those program changing games down the stretch last season he was the difference.

clew

Quote from: HawgG on February 07, 2007, 09:44:08 pm
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffetsadly, brewer was NEVER the go-to guy... against MSU in 05, at LSU in 06, at KY in 06, at OM in 06....  it seems that any time Ronnie had a chance to make the 'game winning shot' and have us 'turn the corner'... we didn't.   closest "im taking the game over" moment was last year with bama at home, the amazing 3 point play he made to get us the lead with 20 sec left.

Yeah Brewer pissed me off to with his disappearing acts in big ball games, as did Ferguson missing something like 20 straight game winning baskets.

Now allyoucaneat, you know how big Ronnie was for this program last season in games against Florida, Alabama, and Tenn in which he saved the program from missing the NCAAT again.

He was far from perfect most of his career, but in those program changing games down the stretch last season he was the difference.

program changing??? you can't be serious...
Pure as the dawn

HawgG

Quote from: PhotHOGrapherprogram changing??? you can't be serious...

Let me explain it.

It would have not been good for this program to go 6 straight seasons missing the NCAAT.We didn't stay long, but we were there.

Making the NCAAT helped this team land a future star in Patrick Beverley.

Making the NCAAT last season allowed this program to get the ear of future program changing recruits like, Willie Warren, Rotnei Clark, Storm Warren, Greg Monroe, DeAndre Liggins, etc,etc.

Make the NCAAT again and we get some of these players to put with Beverley and the future looks very salivating.

It's all about the future my man and making the NCAAT for the 2nd straight year I think that you could be a proud HOG PAPA again.