Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is a Fact!!

Started by U.P. HOGG, February 07, 2007, 02:31:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

U.P. HOGG

February 07, 2007, 02:31:07 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:59:16 pm by U.P. HOGG
Guys,

USC, FL, ND, TENN, TEX, LSU, ALB, AUB, etc... will always, I repeat, ALWAYS be the top recruiting schools in the country and untill we get a high profile coach, we will not compete with them.  You have teams like South Carolina creep up to 4th best class.  Why?  HC Steve Spurrier, thats why.  Look at what Butch Davis did in his small amount of time.  They have the #21 best class in the nation and landed a couple of studs as of late including the best Defensive guy in the country in Marvin Austin. 

We, the razorbacks, missed out on Butch Davis, big time.  We had a chance to get rid of Nutt and land him.  Recruiting is won by coaches, and we don't have the coaches that know how to get it done and close deals like other coaches.  I am greatfull for all of the new Hogs coming to AR, and hope that they turn out to be studs and I will be cheering hard for them, on the other hand, I hate that we lost in-state recruits like we did.  What the hell is Danny doing offering Green a chance to be a FB.  WTH are we thinking.  You don't offer a stud recruit to be a FB. Give me a break.  OUR RECRUITING WILL NOT CHANGE UNTILL THERE IS A CHANGE ON THE HILL!!

One more thing.  Seeing all these recruits going to all the top schools, what are some of these kids thinking going to schools where they have to compete for the backup job or worse, knowing that some of these schools already have the best or second best qb or rb already there, yet, they still go knowing that their position is loaded.  Don't get me wrong, I know some of them love competition and want to win a NC, but couldn't they get some serious playing time somewhere else and as a football player, I would want to play as much as possible.  Can you believe that ESPN is reporting the FL is going to use a 2 qb system.  I know they did that last year and won a NC, but now they have 4-5 qbs that are studs (According to rivals and scout), and as a big time player, would you want to come in and play your junior year and play in a 2 qb system.  I guess so if you want to win a NC and not care about playing time.   Just food for thought. 

GO HOGS!!

U.P. HOGG

Am I wrong, would a great coach not change things here or would he?

U.P. HOGG

One more thing,  Ron Zook, at Illinois, has a top ten class this year after Illinois only won 4 games last year.  4 GAMES!!! 

U.P. HOGG

February 07, 2007, 02:41:47 pm #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:45:15 pm by U.P. HOGG
One more thing,  Ron Zook, at Illinois, has a top ten class this year after Illinois only won 4 games last year.  4 GAMES!!! 

Babbitt

Another fact: Houston D (for DUMBA$$) NUTT is MORON!!!

U.P. HOGG

wooo

horse$hit.

auburn, lsu, TN, and USC have all sucked hind tit in the past as well. We can recruit as good as auburn, lsu, tn, usc ect...

When nebraska. oklahoma, penn st, clemson, Georgia, TA@M, Colorado get back on top, are you gonna say "we can't compete/recruit with them" as well??

- we can
- we are not
- we need to

horse$hit, horse$hit, horse$hit

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 02:45:03 pm
horse$hit.

auburn, lsu, TN, and USC have all sucked hind tit in the past as well. We can recruit as good as auburn, lsu, tn, usc ect...

When nebraska. oklahoma, penn st, clemson, Georgia, TA@M, Colorado get back on top, are you gonna say "we can't compete/recruit with them" as well??

- we can
- we are not
- we need to

And how did they get back in to dominance.  COACHING!!  And, no its not HorseS#$#.  Its true.  These colleges get the best kids year after year.  The order may be different, but the results are the same.  NEB had a great coach, which = great recruiting classes.  All the teams you mention, are teams that are usally in the top 15 if not higher.  BTW, CO?  Since when where they ever consistent with recruiting since 1990?

hogfan064

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 02:41:47 pm

No he doesn't.   Illinois is 18th in Rivals and 23rd in Scout.

Melhog

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 02:45:03 pm
horse$hit.

- we can
- we are not
- we need to

You are correct Wooo.  LSU had two winning seasons in the 10 yrs prior to Saban's arrival if I'm not mistaken.  USC hadn't competed for a nat'l championship in 20+ years before Carroll arrived.  Excuses are like a$$holes...everybody's got one.  Until we as fans and this administration stop accepting excuses for being second best, nothing will change. 

U.P. HOGG

And since when have we been able to recruit with AUB, LSU, USC, TN.  Give me a break.  We should be able too recruit with these teams, but we can't and wont untill we get a high profile coach.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 07, 2007, 02:48:47 pm

No he doesn't.   Illinois is 18th in Rivals and 23rd in Scout.

Just heard ESPN label them as a top 10.  Regardless, they won 4 games last year and they have a good recruiting class?  Why?  Coaching.

razornole

ok IU is still ranked higher then the big 10 game winning SECW Champs with idiots running the show
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

hogfan064

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 02:50:29 pm

Just heard ESPN label them as a top 10.

Link?

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 07, 2007, 02:51:12 pm

Link?

Just turn on ESPN2 and they just had it posted on the TV.  I will find the link,  I'm sure its on ESPNU. 

Mr. Prozac

Since this thread led with a Fact...
Per Scout, Arkansas' recruiting classes ranked as follows from 2002-2007 (as of the time of this post):

National   SEC
2002      24          8
2003      23          8
2004      27          6
2005      32          9
2006      30          8
2007      32         10

I was surprised that we were so consistently at around 8th in the SEC. (average national ranking is 28)...Just thought it was interesting.

hogfan064

Quote from: razornole on February 07, 2007, 02:50:51 pm

ok IU is still ranked higher then the big 10 game winning SECW Champs with idiots running the show

Noone is denying that, but if he's going to state Illinois has a top 10 class then he's got to prove it because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

hogfan064

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 02:52:30 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on February 07, 2007, 02:51:12 pm

Link?

Just turn on ESPN2 and they just had it posted on the TV.  I will find the link,  I'm sure its on ESPNU. 

I'm at work, so that isn't happening.  Probably Tom Lugenfill's(sp?)  I'll take your word for it.

wooo

you are correct Nutt is not getting it done, but to say Arkansas can not recruit with them is plaion wrong.

again,

- we can
-we are not
- we need to

Those teams you mentioned are not always on top and we are not second chair to any of them. They (the teams you mentioned) all have really good coaches right now that are getting it done. We do not.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 02:53:44 pm
you are correct Nutt is not getting it done, but to say Arkansas can not recruit with them is plaion wrong.

again,

- we can
-we are not
- we need to

Those teams you mentioned are not always on top and we are not second chair to any of them. They (the teams you mentioned) all have really good coaches right now that are getting it done. We do not.

Again, I'm saying that untill we get a high profile coach, we will not compete with these schools. Thats what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we will never be able too.  Did I say that up there? No.  Untill we have the Coaching staff of the Ron Zook, Charlie, Steve, Urban etc.., we will not compete.

wooo

your first sentence  of the original statement does not reflect this.

I agree that we need a new coach cuz HDN is not recruiting at that level

hogfan064

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 02:54:37 pm
Heres your link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/columns/story?columnist=luginbill_tom&id=2754877

Yep, just as I thought.  Luginbill's rankings usually differ from the others.  He's very high on South Carolina from listening to him weekly on a local show.

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

U.P. HOGG

Here let me fix that sentence.

wooo

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 02:31:07 pm
Guys,

USC, FL, ND, TENN, TEX, LSU, ALB, AUB, etc... will always, I repeat, ALWAYS be the top recruiting schools in the country.
  You have teams like South Carolina creep up to 4th best class.  Why?  HC Steve Spurrier, thats why.  Look at what Butch Davis did in his small amount of time.  They have the #21 best class in the nation and landed a couple of studs as of late including the best Defensive guy in the country in Marvin Austin. 

We, the razorbacks, missed out on Butch Davis, big time.  We had a chance to get rid of Nutt and land him.  Recruiting is won by coaches, and we don't have the coaches that know how to get it done and close deals like other coaches.  I am greatfull for all of the new Hogs coming to AR, and hope that they turn out to be studs and I will be cheering hard for them, on the other hand, I hate that we lost in-state recruits like we did.  What the hell is Danny doing offering Green a chance to be a FB.  WTH are we thinking.  You don't offer a stud recruit to be a FB. Give me a break.  OUR RECRUITING WILL NOT CHANGE UNTILL THERE IS A CHANGE ON THE HILL!!

One more thing.  Seeing all these recruits going to all the top schools, what are some of these kids thinking going to schools where they have to compete for the backup job or worse, knowing that some of these schools already have the best or second best qb or rb already there, yet, they still go knowing that their position is loaded.  Don't get me wrong, I know some of them love competition and want to win a NC, but couldn't they get some serious playing time somewhere else and as a football player, I would want to play as much as possible.  Can you believe that ESPN is reporting the FL is going to use a 2 qb system.  I know they did that last year and won a NC, but now they have 4-5 qbs that are studs (According to rivals and scout), and as a big time player, would you want to come in and play your junior year and play in a 2 qb system.  I guess so if you want to win a NC and not care about playing time.   Just food for thought. 

GO HOGS!!

thats what I was yellin' horse$hit about

SPAL

u must be forgettin the recruiting cloud

also, the springdale guys have killed this recruiting class...

oh and in case u forgot, u cant recruit to podunk fayetteville...ask rick.

U.P. HOGG

Well, are they not always in the tops of the country year after year?

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 07, 2007, 03:00:24 pm

See Prozacs post.  Its is average year after year.

snoot hoggy hog

Everybody knows why those schools get the top recruits:  Location, Girls, and Payola.  Saying Arkansas has the facilities to bring in top tier talent is like Iraq being a great location for the SI swimsuit shoot because of the sand. 

wooo

correctomundo!

why would a player go to Fayetteville when he could go to major metropolitan areas such as Norman OK, Auburn, AL, Tuscaloosa, AL, Oxford, MS, Columbia SC, Baton Rouge, LA, Lincoln, NE.

no way we can compete with those nightlife cities

;)

tkhog

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 07, 2007, 02:52:46 pm
Quote from: razornole on February 07, 2007, 02:50:51 pm

Noone is denying that, but if he's going to state Illinois has a top 10 class then he's got to prove it because I'm not seeing it anywhere.
It's on ESPNU Signing Day Insider or whatever they call it... We're not even in the top-30.

Soooie21

USC, ND, etc. will also recruit better, but Arkansas has to keep their top instate players....and not let these schools get them..

wooo

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 03:01:10 pm

NO

LSU sucked pre Saban
Auburn was mediocre pre Tubs
USC sucked for almost 20 years pre Carroll
Texas was mediocre pre Brown
OU pre Stoops was not that great

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on February 07, 2007, 03:02:57 pm
Everybody knows why those schools get the top recruits:  Location, Girls, and Payola.  Saying Arkansas has the facilities to bring in top tier talent is like Iraq being a great location for the SI swimsuit shoot because of the sand. 

That's funny.  I thought that Broyles said our stadium was the final piece of the puzzle for our great facilities. 

IMO, I think that southern girls are the nicest piece of ass around.  Probably more disease free than Southern Cal.

OKhogfan1959

Arkansas is producing more and more talent..The right coach would recruit Texas harder and dominate in Arkansas..Nutt is done in Arkansas...HS coaches are done with him and his staff.

SPAL

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 03:03:14 pm

correctomundo!

why would a player go to Fayetteville when he could go to major metropolitan areas such as Norman OK, Auburn, AL, Tuscaloosa, AL, Oxford, MS, Columbia SC, Baton Rouge, LA, Lincoln, NE.

no way we can compete with those nightlife cities

;)

can u imagine this picture....Dave van horn, Jonny mac, and dale all arrive at the water cooler. Houston fresh off his 34th ranked recruiting class, says to the other guys..."boy, i tell ya...its just hard to recruit to this town...just cant do it, nothing to offer young men.."

what woudl the response be.?

U.P. HOGG

February 07, 2007, 03:08:30 pm #37 Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:11:10 pm by U.P. HOGG
Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 03:04:43 pm
Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 07, 2007, 03:01:10 pm

NO

LSU sucked pre Saban
Auburn was mediocre pre Tubs
USC sucked for almost 20 years pre Carroll
Texas was mediocre pre Brown
OU pre Stoops was not that great

I don't think so.  Find what the top classes where for 80-present.  You'll find those schools around the top.  OU was good before stoops.  Texas always had good-great talent. 

Look, the same schools are there year after year.  It doesn't have to be USC every year, TX every year. It might be Miami here and FSU there and NEB there.  But for the most part, the same schools are there along with the same coaches.

wooo

February 07, 2007, 03:09:04 pm #38 Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:11:24 pm by wooo
This is Auburn's record over the past few years.

1995 8-4 5-3 2nd West
1996 8-4 4-4 3rd West
1997 10-3 6-2 t-1st West
1998 3-8 1-7 6th West
1999 5-6 2-6 5th West
2000 9-4 6-2 1st West
2001 7-5 5-3 t-1st West
2002 9-4 6-3 t-1st West   
2003 7-5 5-3 3rd in West
2004 13-0 8-0 SEC Champs

LSU
Season Coach Overall Record Conf. Record Bowl Game Final Ranking
1990 Mike Archer  5-6  2-5   
1991 Curley Hallman  5-6  3-4   
1992 Curley Hallman  2-9  1-7   
1993 Curley Hallman  5-6  3-5   
1994 Curley Hallman  4-7  3-5   
1995 Gerry DiNardo  7-4-1  4-3-1  Independence Bowl   
1996 Gerry DiNardo  10-2  6-2  Peach Bowl  12
1997 Gerry DiNardo  9-3  6-2  Independence Bowl  13
1998 Gerry DiNardo  4-7  2-5   
1999 Gerry DiNardo  3-8  1-7   

2000 Nick Saban  8-4  5-3  Peach Bowl  22
2001 Nick Saban  10-3  6-3  Sugar Bowl  7 
2002 Nick Saban  8-5  5-3  Cotton Bowl   
2003 Nick Saban  13-1  7-1  Sugar Bowl  1 
2004 Nick Saban  9-3 6-2 Capital One Bowl 16
2005 Les Miles 10-2 7-2 Peach Bowl 5 

ICEman

I'm tired of meeting our needs... nothing sexy about meeting your needs to get to seven win seasons.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

wooo

LSU

wooo

LSU

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 03:09:04 pm
This is Auburn's record over the past few years.

1995 8-4 5-3 2nd West
1996 8-4 4-4 3rd West
1997 10-3 6-2 t-1st West
1998 3-8 1-7 6th West
1999 5-6 2-6 5th West
2000 9-4 6-2 1st West
2001 7-5 5-3 t-1st West
2002 9-4 6-3 t-1st West   
2003 7-5 5-3 3rd in West
2004 13-0 8-0 SEC Champs

LSU

I'm sorry, but those look like pretty damn good year there.  That SEC Championship looks nice too.

U.P. HOGG

That doesn't say anything about there recruting classes.  Are you telling me that they had good recruits and lost or did they have bad ones and lose.   How did they do recruiting wise, not winning record wise.

U.P. HOGG

I don't care about win loses, however some of those records aren't so bad.  AUB 1st in sec for how many years, 4 including an SEC Championship. That sounds nice.  I'm talking about recruiting though, not wins and loses over the years.

wooo

U.P. HOGG

wooo

it appears that we will have to agree to disagree.

- we can recruit with ANY school
-  those schools you mentioned are not always on top (they have sucked in the past as well)
- they have good coaches now
- we need a good coach now

SUMMARY:

the schools will not ALWAYS be on top. If they lose their current coaches they risk falling to mediocre again.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: wooo on February 07, 2007, 03:20:30 pm
it appears that we will have to agree to disagree.

- we can recruit with ANY school
-  those schools you mentioned are not always on top (they have sucked in the past as well)
- they have good coaches now
- we need a good coach now

SUMMARY:

the schools will not ALWAYS be on top. If they lose their current coaches they risk falling to mediocre again.

I agree.  Look, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I believe that you understand what I'm saying here.  You know what I'm saying when I say that certain schools are towards the top year after year.  Some times, they will be below average for 1-4 years, but, they seem to come back.  Again, we can recruit with these schools, just not untill we get the right coach.

BigPoppaHog

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on February 07, 2007, 02:52:35 pm
Since this thread led with a Fact...
Per Scout, Arkansas' recruiting classes ranked as follows from 2002-2007 (as of the time of this post):

National   SEC
2002      24          8
2003      23          8
2004      27          6
2005      32          9
2006      30          8
2007      32         10

I was surprised that we were so consistently at around 8th in the SEC. (average national ranking is 28)...Just thought it was interesting.

As Frank said we are only 7th or 8th in potential in the SEC