Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe McKnight

Started by razordan, February 06, 2007, 02:04:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razordan

Anyone heard about our chances of getting him?

cityhog

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

seriously?  not a chance.

hogfan064

Break & Run

LSU but most likely USC.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Oliver

Quote from: razordan on February 06, 2007, 02:04:22 pm

McKnight is Grit's double secret silent commitment to us.

Since 1894

Reported that his top three are LSU, USC and Florida State.  Will declare tomorrow but most think he will stay close to home (LSU). 

I don't think we are in the running anymore.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

rasorback4life

Why would we want an all american?  That is crazy!
Mediocrity Rules!!!

Tammany Tom

Believe it or not the talk is that USC is out of it. It is down to LSU and Ole Miss. Most people close to the situation are saying LSU right now. Les Miles and Pete Carroll both visited Joe last Thursday night. Les was there for about 1 hour. Pete was there for a little over 3 hours. The word is that Les brought Billy Cannon's Heisman Trophy with a Joe McKnight name plate over Cannon's and told him that this was his future calling. Kevin Faulk of the New England Patriots called McKnight while Les was there and told him the importance of the top Louisiana recruit to stay instate and play for LSU. Word is that McKnight was very moved by all this and is LSU bound. The talk is that he decided that Los Angeles was just too far away and that he wanted to play closer to home. Coach O at Ole Miss and and a few other Ole Miss recruiters have done a very good job at getting him to look up there seriously.

LSU is on a major roll in recruiting this week. First on Sunday, we get the Number 3 ranked recruit out of Alabama and Rivals 100 member Sidell Corley (DE) that Saban really wanted bad. Then on Monday morning we get Stefoin Francois (Saftey) Rivals 100 member. And today we get 5 star WR Terrence Toliver from Hempsted, TX that picked us over Florida. To put icing on the cake tommorrow we get 5 star Chad Jones and hopefully 5 star Joe McKnight.

hogfan064

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 06, 2007, 02:35:16 pm
Believe it or not the talk is that USC is out of it. It is down to LSU and Ole Miss. Most people close to the situation are saying LSU right now. Les Miles and Pete Carroll both visited Joe last Thursday night. Les was there for about 1 hour. Pete was there for a little over 3 hours. The word is that Les brought Billy Cannon's Heisman Trophy with a Joe McKnight name plate over Cannon's and told him that this was his future calling. Kevin Faulk of the New England Patriots called McKnight while Les was there and told him the importance of the top Louisiana recruit to stay instate and play for LSU. Word is that McKnight was very moved by all this and is LSU bound. The talk is that he decided that Los Angeles was just too far away and that he wanted to play closer to home. Coach O at Ole Miss and and a few other Ole Miss recruiters have done a very good job at getting him to look up there seriously.

LSU is on a major roll in recruiting this week. First on Sunday, we get the Number 3 ranked recruit out of Alabama and Rivals 100 member Sidell Corley (DE) that Saban really wanted bad. Then on Monday morning we get Stefoin Francois (Saftey) Rivals 100 member. And today we get 5 star WR Terrence Toliver from Hempsted, TX that picked us over Florida. To put icing on the cake tommorrow we get 5 star Chad Jones and hopefully 5 star Joe McKnight.

Why would he choose Ole Miss over LSU?  No way that happens. 

Tammany Tom

Quote from: hogfan064 on February 06, 2007, 02:36:48 pm
Why would he choose Ole Miss over LSU?  No way that happens. 

Our thoughts exactly.

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

HatfieldHog

Nutt does not want 5 star players, they are Primadonna's!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

tigerLSU

Latest news is that he eliminated USC
Its down to LSU and OLE pISS
how ironic will it be if he chooses olepiss!!

IF we did land him, we have a great shot at winning the recuiting battle and passing UF for the #1 spot

Pignominious

That is kicking butt and taking names for sure.  It looks like our four game slide against LSU may get longer.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

StoernerJonesFan

We have about the same chance of landing him as we do of firing Houston and Frank...all on Nat'l Signing Day. 

About 0 or -150% (that's negative 150 percent, to clarify)

HogNuttz

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 06, 2007, 02:11:02 pm

McKnight is Grit's double secret silent commitment to us.

So in other words, he has not considered Arkansas in some time.

Must be nice to get 5 star recruits every other day.  We get one every other year and then we manage to chase a few of those off when Broyles doesn't allow Nutt to pull their scholarship offer.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

JD Hogg

I've never understood why we don't recruit Louisiana harder.  Can someone give an explanation as to why we ignore them?

Shizzle

I was listening to Rivals Radio earlier today and they had a caller asking about Mcknight. They told the caller that JM said he would shock the world when he announced. Take that for what its worth, that what they said.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

BigPoppaHog

Quote from: JD Hogg on February 06, 2007, 04:14:31 pm
I've never understood why we don't recruit Louisiana harder.  Can someone give an explanation as to why we ignore them?

Look at your avatar. That's the reason.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: JD Hogg on February 06, 2007, 04:14:31 pm
Same reason we ignored BG. Someone on the UofA staff actually has to contact kids before they will come here. Otherwise you can't really call it recruiting, more like walking on with a scholarship. :)
Pittman or Bust!

Cajun Hog

hogsNbeer

Has anybody noticed LSU's recruiting......  Even though LA is a rich recruiting ground, Les has gone out of state and has 16 commits out of a total of 26.......  This is what happens when you are good...and you actually work at recruiting...

LLPL

QuoteLes brought Billy Cannon's Heisman Trophy with a Joe McKnight name plate over Cannon's and told him that this was his future calling

Recruiting violation if true. Goes back to the same rule about not being able to put a players name or picture on the jumbotron in the stadium during a visit or games. Also can not have a jersey with his name on it to show.

Those suckers are pesky.

Tammany Tom

February 06, 2007, 05:19:54 pm #23 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:22:14 pm by Tammany Tom
Quote from: Shizzle on February 06, 2007, 04:26:27 pm
I was listening to Rivals Radio earlier today and they had a caller asking about Mcknight. They told the caller that JM said he would shock the world when he announced. Take that for what its worth, that what they said.

He did say that and it did make a lot of LSU fans very uneasy. All signs a week ago were against JM going to LSU. However, all signs over the last several days have been much more pro LSU. A lot of people that were saying LSU's chances of getting JM, a week ago, was 30-40%. Now, those same people are saying LSU's chances are 70-80%. One very good sign for LSU is the fact that JM is announcing his decision tommorrow in the Curtis Gymnasium with the student body and school staff all present. Announcing for any school other than LSU in front of a mass of people that are all LSU fans would not be very popular. If JM was making his announcement in a local New Orleans TV Station's news room then I would be very, very worried.

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 06, 2007, 04:55:34 pm
Has anybody noticed LSU's recruiting......  Even though LA is a rich recruiting ground, Les has gone out of state and has 16 commits out of a total of 26.......  This is what happens when you are good...and you actually work at recruiting...

Miles has proven over the past 2 years that he can recruit extremely well. All the people that keep saying that Miles will fall on his face when Saban's recruits are gone are going to have to re-think that position. LSU is going to be loaded for the next 5 years.

Miles has received commitments from 4 of Texas' top 25 recruits. He has gotten 2 of Alabama's Top 6 recruits. He got the number 3 ranked recruit out of Michigan. He has got 4 star recruits out of both Georgia and Florida for two years in a row. He has gotten virtually every single recruit in Louisiana he was after for two years in a row (especially if JM signs tommorrow). The man knows how to convince outstanding football players that live out of state to come to LSU.

THHAWG

I'm sure he just can't wait to get to the hill and become the best blocker that he can be.  Of course he expects to redshirt and bulk up some as a freshman.  Bet he is very excited.

PHill94

They are going to play for LSU, Not for coach Miles. I'm sorry but if Nutt took over after Saban then he would be a national champ right now.

arkbengal

February 06, 2007, 05:47:38 pm #26 Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 05:49:21 pm by arkbengal
Quote from: PHill94 on February 06, 2007, 05:33:36 pm
They are going to play for LSU, Not for coach Miles. I'm sorry but if Nutt took over after Saban then he would be a national champ right now.

No disrespect, but can't let that one go. With all the discussions going on here (Hogville), what in the world would make you even think that?

I know Miles has taken a lot of criticism, but some of the comments are starting to smell a little stale lately, i.e.:

1) He's not that good of a coach. Result - his 2 year record is better than Saban's and he has not lost to a nobody like Saban did several times.
2) Well, maybe, but he's winning with Saban's players. Guess what - he's signing better players than Saban did. This year's class will likely be the best in LSU history - even better than Saban's #1 class of 2001. And he's not just getting them from LA either.
3) Well, he hasn't won a MNC yet. True, and he may not. A lot of things have to happen to do that. Ask Pete Carroll - it's not easy to win it even if you have the best players or team. I doubt very much that Saban could have won a title at LSU last year with the road schedule as it was - he didn't do much before in years when the tough games were on the road.

Sorry for the rant, but Miles has probably exceeded everyone's expectations so far and the Tiger fans are glad to have him. And, to paraphrase his comments from the Tennessee game, he's "recruiting his ass off".

hoghearted

Quote from: PHill94 on February 06, 2007, 05:33:36 pm

Nutt is a master of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. He could have a team roster full of NFL future hall of famers and not know what to do with them.

Fact is, we are saddled with a moron.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Shizzle

JM impressed me tremendously in the Army game. I wish he would leave the SEC entirely. Tulsa JM Tulsa
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

SPAL

i would love it if he picked ole miss. Ole miss will likely pass Arkansas in the west in the coming years anyway.

Pigskin_Porker

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 06, 2007, 06:08:34 pm
i would love it if he picked ole miss. Ole miss will likely pass Arkansas in the west in the coming years anyway.

Man I hope you're wrong on Ole Miss.  That would be a sad, sad time in Razorback football.
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

SPAL

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on February 06, 2007, 06:11:23 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 06, 2007, 06:08:34 pm

Man I hope you're wrong on Ole Miss.  That would be a sad, sad time in Razorback football.

Ill go a step further and say Ole miss will beat Arkansas in 07.

HogNuttz

Any word yet on where he is going?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

311Hog

I saw a special on Joe McKnight, it basically said the kid has been living on his own most of his life.  IE living with friends and that the Hurricane wiped them out. I dunno i got the feeling that Louisiana isnt exactly his "home", more of a place with alot of bad memories.

I wouldnt be suprised if Ole Miss gets him and he is a bad ass to be sure.

TheMediocreEra

On the rivals front page it says McKnight is keeping quiet... it doesn't matter, He's not going to Arkansas.

HogNuttz

Quote from: TheMediocreEra on February 07, 2007, 09:12:24 am
On the rivals front page it says McKnight is keeping quiet... it doesn't matter, He's not going to Arkansas.

I'm not counting on it, but was waiting for him to shock the world.  I hope he goes to Florida.

arkbengal

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 07, 2007, 09:06:57 am
Any word yet on where he is going?

11:00 ESPN or ESPN-U. Although some reports apparently on Rivals now that USC coaches text messaged Marvin Austin (DT recruit) that McKnight would be a Trojan. No one knows for sure yet.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: arkbengal on February 07, 2007, 09:18:40 am
11:00 ESPN or ESPN-U. Although some reports apparently on Rivals now that USC coaches text messaged Marvin Austin (DT recruit) that McKnight would be a Trojan. No one knows for sure yet.

Ask yourself one question when reading a quote on Marvin Austin. Why would a North Carolina signee text the USC coaching staff telling them that JM was going to USC?

To counter that, Stefoin Francois just called in said he talked to JM this morning and said McKnight was signing with LSU.

We will find out for sure in 20 minutes. The JM press conference is on ESPNU at 11:00 am.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 06, 2007, 02:56:12 pm
Nutt does not want 5 star players, they are Primadonna's!

See ya

That's pre-Madonnas. We don't need no kids that are gonna turn into Madonnas.
Go away, batin'

NATEHOGG216

hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahaha

I don't know who is more delusional, you guys thinking we have a chance at this kid with our bs lame duck football staff or Frank and his thinking there is only 5% upset
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Tammany Tom

FWIW:

McKnight's mom is wearing Gold at the press conference.

311Hog

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 07, 2007, 10:54:24 am
FWIW:

McKnight's mom is wearing Gold at the press conference.

odd i guess that guy at the US army all star game was wrong, when he said that Joe McKnight didnt know or live with his parents or something of that nature.

Table Rocker

10:02 a.m.
McKnight to USC?

Rivals.com's Greg Ladky is on-site covering Marvin Austin's decision later today. Austin just received a text message from the USC staff stating that Rivals.com No. 2 prospect Joe McKnight will be a Trojan.

per cnnsi.com

Tammany Tom

The NO media is saying it looks like bad news. Saying USC. Saying Joe has a maroon sweater. Very sad if true.

Tammany Tom

JM looks extremely stressed out. Doesn't look good for us right now.

Tammany Tom

Oliver

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 07, 2007, 11:11:31 am
McKnight to USC. Damn.

Look at it this way...if Miles had been able to get him to commit to LSU at least he wouldn't have been stupid enough to run him off after one year. 

In all seriousness, sorry about your loss.

311Hog

McKnight to USC. Damn.

Hard to compete when USC breaks out the "Reggie Bush" package my friend. A new house and $$ for the parents is hard to turn down.

HogHillbilly

McKnight to USC. Damn.

But you were so confident..............What happened ?

PC is one of the best recruiters out there..........Then there is Nuttless
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG