Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn and Tulsa first major D-1 college to offer #1QB in state for 2008!!

Started by WILL CLINTON, February 02, 2007, 12:58:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: football-writer on February 05, 2007, 06:25:28 pm
Quote from: perfectgame on February 05, 2007, 06:12:15 pm
not if the player makes the contact

True...HOWEVER...if a scholarship WAS offered...it's a violation....

No it isn't.  That just flat out isn't true.  How in the hell did Tennessee and Arkansas offer DeAnthony Curtis last week then?????
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogstuff

Prior to Gus going to Tulsa, no one would have cared if Tulsa offered an Arkansas high school player.  Prior to him going to Tulsa, Arkansas would be critizied for competing against Tulsa for a high school recruit.   Guess what, nothing has changed.  If we recruit this kid, we are going to have much more serious competion than Tulsa. 

Zen_Hog

Yeah this isn't true, because I know a couple of juniors who has already gotten an offer, one of which is from Tennessee.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogstuff on February 05, 2007, 06:32:29 pm
Prior to Gus going to Tulsa, no one would have cared if Tulsa offered an Arkansas high school player.  Prior to him going to Tulsa, Arkansas would be critizied for competing against Tulsa for a high school recruit.   Guess what, nothing has changed.  If we recruit this kid, we are going to have much more serious competion than Tulsa. 

that's the whole thing.  We already have much stiffer competition than Tulsa.  I wasn't trying to say that just because tulsa offered him, he was the "next big thing".  I'm amazed that Arkansas isn't recruiting him as hard as some other teams is all.  And no, I'm not talking about teams on the same level of Tulsa. I'm talking about other top level BCS schools. I wasn't trying to make Tulsa sound like Ohio St. or any other BCS conference school.  But to me, any school who can compete for a National Championship, is a major college.  They may be classified as a "mid-major", but so was Boise St.  Can you really call Boise St a "mid-major"??

The thing is, Houston Nutt said he was going to build a fence around the state to keep the best talent at home. 

He says that he only wants kids there who want to be hogs.

They why the wait??  To me, it's not that fact that they aren't the first to offer, they can't change that.  My question is why weren't they the first??  Why wouldn't they be??  How could they not already have broken down the film (as one poster earlier suggested) and decided to offer like Tulsa??  How could they be so up to date on DeAnthony and the DE, but behind on the QB?

ceegar

duby- the only excuse they might have at this point is that they like another QB better.  I dont know why else they would wait but does the guy want to play BB or Fb.  Coaching staffs have their reasons for doing what they do.  Same could be said for Mike Johnson and why Butch at UNC did not get him and he was from there.  Lots of what ifs and shoulda couldas out there in recruiting.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: ceegar on February 05, 2007, 08:54:42 pm
duby- the only excuse they might have at this point is that they like another QB better.  I dont know why else they would wait but does the guy want to play BB or Fb.  Coaching staffs have their reasons for doing what they do.  Same could be said for Mike Johnson and why Butch at UNC did not get him and he was from there.  Lots of what ifs and shoulda couldas out there in recruiting.

Yeah, you're right.  They may be on another QB.  In all honesty, and this is just my opinion, Jim's football talent couldn't be utilized at Arkansas with Nutt as coach.  Maybe that is why they haven't offered, I honestly don't know.  But his baseball talent could be very well utilized.  He really wants to play both at the next level.  The thing that people on here don't get, even though I have posted it thousands of times, is that this kid has a very bright future outside of athletics.  School, the academic side, will be VERY, VERY important to him.  Probably as much as or more than the athletic part of it. 

Boner

I remember when SMU was the first to offer Matt Stafford.

There are more players that are offer-worthy for Tulsa than there are for Arkansas.

If you think about it, all players should get offered by the crappy schools first, the middle of the road schools next, and the powers last.