Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How nice would this have been against LSU

Started by Mr. Hog, February 01, 2007, 10:30:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbug

anybody got video of Hogs vs Vandy I think???...Hogs moving left to right....Mustain throws a TD pass to the right endzone front pylon...Best pass I've seen a Hog QB make since Brad Taylor..or maybe even Joe Ferguson....

c'mon...somebodys gotta have it...

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Redbug on February 04, 2007, 10:07:24 am

anybody got video of Hogs vs Vandy I think???...Hogs moving left to right....Mustain throws a TD pass to the right endzone front pylon...Best pass I've seen a Hog QB make since Brad Taylor..or maybe even Joe Ferguson....

I remember the pass, but the thing is to be honest, I don't want to watch the video cause it brings all my anger back up.  I hate it when a hugger says how Mitch did not prove anything, but whe he was on the field, it was so obvious how he possessed a field presence we have not had under center in quite some time.  If anyone truly knows football, they know what it is I am speaking of.  The USC game, when Mitch came on the field, he had a swagger about him that most successful QB's had in some manner of their play.  The confidence he trotted out there with slowly faded as the year went on, which caused more and more struggles as he was pressing.  It is obvious now, after hearing all the bs that was going on, that Mitch knew Nutt was just waiting on him to make a mistake in order to get Casey in.  Not bashing Casey, not his fault, but everyone knows that as a QB or even a pure shooter in Bball, that when they press and play in a way to not make mistakes.....it takes them out of their game.  It takes that extra something they have over the players around them.

missippihog

Where is the picture of that dead horse again?

Redbug

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on February 04, 2007, 10:14:09 am

I remember the pass, but the thing is to be honest, I don't want to watch the video cause it brings all my anger back up.  I hate it when a hugger says how Mitch did not prove anything, but whe he was on the field, it was so obvious how he possessed a field presence we have not had under center in quite some time.  If anyone truly knows football, they know what it is I am speaking of.  The USC game, when Mitch came on the field, he had a swagger about him that most successful QB's had in some manner of their play.  The confidence he trotted out there with slowly faded as the year went on, which caused more and more struggles as he was pressing.  It is obvious now, after hearing all the bs that was going on, that Mitch knew Nutt was just waiting on him to make a mistake in order to get Casey in.  Not bashing Casey, not his fault, but everyone knows that as a QB or even a pure shooter in Bball, that when they press and play in a way to not make mistakes.....it takes them out of their game.  It takes that extra something they have over the players around them.
You are DEAD ON with that post...

one phrase says it all....he had the LOOK and PRESENCE of a WINNER

MarylandHog

Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 06:20:25 pm
Quote from: MarylandHog on February 03, 2007, 06:10:47 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on February 03, 2007, 06:06:44 pm
You were the 1 wanting to make a big deal out of the interception on the next drive?  So maybe that?

Also Please post a link of that play.

How was I making a big deal out of it? My first post said, "Will you post a video of the next series". Then you rode in on your white horse to save the day.
My point was, seeing it work one series didn't mean it would work the rest of the year. I've seen a draw play on 3rd and 14 work before, but that doesn't mean I want to see it run all the time.
If I had the video, then I wouldn't have requested somebody else to post it.

For future use,

I ride a Black horse when wanting to cruse, and a tank when wanting to save the day.
My bad, perhaps a white hat?

I say MM was not the only 1 to play a part in the Int on the next series.  I believe that the D had the receivers confused as much as MM might have been.  I have not spoke to any of them on this. But I know that DW made an adjustment to the D-backs and went back to his route on the long throw.  MM saw this and hit DW for a long gain. 
Were the other players not going to play next year too?

Also,  you have no proof as does any1 else if the HUNU would have worked or not.  The facts are this, the Best QB we have ever got out of High School is gone.
Bye

What is the HUNU? What proof do you have that the HUNH would have worked?

The 1st O/C HDN has ever had is gone.
And?

We had more season tickets sold this year then ever before. 
Wow

JFB said it would never work.
And?

That drive on this thread was why we brought Gus and the S-4 to the HILL.
Who was brought in to run the next series?

If it worked in that game, what makes any1 think that it would not have worked again?
If it didn't work in that game, like the next series, what makes anyone think it would have worked?

We needed it against LSU, Florida, and Wisc?  We lost cause we could not pass, and needed to
pass.  And when time was needed most, when the HUNH is at it's best, we had the old HDN offense instead of the HUNH.
I thought we lost because of Special Teams?

hoghearted

Our lack of special teams play is only one aspect of why we lost those last 4 games.

No passing game to take the heat off DMac and Felix, using Peyton Hillis to field punts, pulling into our shell as the season went along (conservative playcalling), overuse of the wildcat are the other reasons.

The HUNH would have helped us out tremendously, especially as the clock wound down, to try and stretch the game out, and score.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

blue

IMO, the next time Hog fans are that "Electric", will be in their homes all over Arkansas when the announcement is made that HDN has not been retained.

hogfan x

Quote from: blue on February 04, 2007, 12:38:59 pm
IMO, the next time Hog fans are that "Electric", will be in their homes all over Arkansas when the announcement is made that HDN has not been retained.

I second that
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

ROBLYNNM

Saw this kid at lunch after church today and our entire family was all in agreement at what a shame it is that we lost him, due to the lack of leadership in our athletic department.  He is such a pleasant, quiet, young man and wherever he ends up, he will be an asset to their program. 

Porkahontas

What makes it so freaking pathetic to realize what we're giving up is to know what we're getting back in return.

We're about to return to the days of 3 plays and the defense knowing exactly what we're running by the formation and personnel on the field.

2007, a return to being mediocre.

Shame on you guys who are buying season tickets to support this crap.

Whataboar™

Quote from: ROBLYNNM on February 04, 2007, 04:09:19 pm
Saw this kid at lunch after church today and our entire family was all in agreement at what a shame it is that we lost him, due to the lack of leadership in our athletic department.  He is such a pleasant, quiet, young man and wherever he ends up, he will be an asset to their program. 
Mitch has definitely gotten a bum rap.
I never saw anything from the young man to make me think he was anything but humble.
It's indeed a shame so many fans aren't aware of the email and Nutt's disgraceful treatment of Mitch.
I'm not sure it will ever come out now, though.
But if it did, I think many letters to the editor calling Mitch selfish would have a different tone.
I don't wish bad things on Houston Nutt.
I just no longer have even a modicum of respect for the man.
The Lord has a way of evening things out in the end, though.
Good luck, Mitch. I wish it could have been different, pal.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

holtzhog

HDN was looking forward to 3 of 17 and loving it.

jneal56

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on February 04, 2007, 02:05:39 am
Quote from: jneal56 on February 03, 2007, 07:59:55 pm
Quote from: CCU Cougar on February 02, 2007, 01:31:08 am
I'd really like everyone to watch that video closely... pay attention to the little details. I have to admit, I had left at that point of the game and only heard the roars of the crowd from walking back to my dorm, but wow. Mitch never looked so good at any other point of the season. Granted, it wasn't USC's starting defense, but I'm not just talking about his physical skill out there. Mitch was smart. He was very heads up on every single play, such as the encroachment penalty, he took the snap and kneed the ball. I have never seen him play so smart.

I have always thought that Mitch looked so comfortable and cool while in the gun, and I could not figure out why they were not doing if more often. Then I thought about long and hard and figured it out. If we would have stuck with it and won only 7 ball games because we got behind and could not  rely on McFadden and Jones because we would have to hurry up down the field. I would have loved to see it more but the same people on here complaining now, would be complaining because McFadden and Jones did not get enough touches. There are so many overqualified coaches on here, (including myself) that I can not figure out why none of us are the head coach of a major D-1 program.

You are thinking too one way.  Do you not agree that it would have been another great weapon such as the wildcat, to be able to throw that in a series or two when the opposing defense my have just came off the field.  To be able to catch a defense toward the end of the half, when they need subs and be able to keep the defensive coach from being able to dictate to us what to do....This is the part I have such a problem with.

Yes, I would love to have seen this happen but it seemed like everytime we tried, we would go 3 and out (if it didn't result in a turnover). Cant win ball games going 3 and out no matter if it was runs or passes.
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: Redbug on February 04, 2007, 11:18:03 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on February 04, 2007, 10:14:09 am

You are DEAD ON with that post...

one phrase says it all....he had the LOOK and PRESENCE of a WINNER

Yes he did. But the only time I seen it all year was that series against USC and the OT against alabama. Maybe some in the Vandy game
"At least we are moral"