Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why the complaining about the recruiting class?

Started by arkjay19, January 28, 2007, 09:11:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkjay19

But now those lower ranked players are lower ranked because neither does this offense or this defense need highly ranked players.  Defensive needs size and speed, offensive line needs size, and we need running backs with speed.  This players aren't highly ranked but fit Herring and Nutt's systems perfectly. 

atekido

January 29, 2007, 03:58:05 pm #101 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:00:49 pm by atekido
bo boo booo booo  stop yalls crying.  we are so horrible we suck in the sec nutt needs to go.  the worlds gonna end......

and yet we beat out LSU and auburn in the SEC west :P  doesnt matter how.  fact is we did.  you guys put down the recruits because their not high profile stars.   and dont have 45897943857 stars by their name.  last time i checked you people sit on your butts watching the game.  their probly isnt a single person on this board more talented that the worst rated player arkansas has.

so why do yall complain so much?  really.  its getting old.

hogsanity

These players are good solid players.  Not the Heralded/HYPED hs players, but solid players, and that is how you build depth.  Several classes of good solid players, witha few "stars" thrown in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2007, 04:01:07 pm
These players are good solid players.  Not the Heralded/HYPED hs players, but solid players, and that is how you build depth.  Several classes of good solid players, witha few "stars" thrown in.
And yet we struggle with depth year in and year out everywhere except RB.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Bgarbutt

January 29, 2007, 04:19:47 pm #104 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:21:48 pm by Bgarbutt
Quote from: atekido on January 29, 2007, 03:58:05 pm
bo boo booo booo  stop yalls crying.  we are so horrible we suck in the sec nutt needs to go.  the worlds gonna end......

and yet we beat out LSU and auburn in the SEC west :P  doesnt matter how.  fact is we did.  you guys put down the recruits because their not high profile stars.   and dont have 45897943857 stars by their name.  last time i checked you people sit on your butts watching the game.  their probly isnt a single person on this board more talented that the worst rated player arkansas has.

I don't know I pretty sure I can type better than they can by now. I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't claim to have more skill then the current recruits however we were just wonding if its alright if we could select some of the players that the professional scouting people view as better athletes, and maybe some of those that have really good statistics, I don't know maybe ma bye that would help our depth. And until we actually beat LSU and win the west and maybe an SEC champ we will continue to complain. Whats getting old is nine years with the same coach and 30yrs with the AD and still getting piss poor results. DONT give me 10-4 as results.SEC champ is results, bcs bowl wins are results hell bowl wins would be a enough for me at this point to show improvement.Until actual change occurs ya better get used to the complaints.
We must all fear evil men.

But there is another kind of evil we must fear most.

And that is the indifference of good men.

The Name is Brian Garbutt and I stand by what I say

Bgarbutt

January 29, 2007, 04:30:02 pm #105 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:32:38 pm by Bgarbutt
Quote from: IMAballHawg on January 29, 2007, 11:55:13 am
Quote from: Bgarbutt on January 28, 2007, 10:12:27 pm
Quote from: razornole on January 28, 2007, 09:57:33 pm
10 wins outta a 14 game season is what 70%
Yeah but the more telling numbers are
38% against Ranked teams
0% SECCGs
28% in bowls
and about 50% in the sec

Now now,
lets be fair, so far Nutt has won 52.7% of his SEC games.
I sincerely apologize for my egregious rounding of the statistics to favorably support my position that Nutt is a sub par coach.
52.7% in the SEC
We must all fear evil men.

But there is another kind of evil we must fear most.

And that is the indifference of good men.

The Name is Brian Garbutt and I stand by what I say

hoggystyle78

For all you people out there saying that recruiting isn't an exact science, answer me this, How come is it that the teams at the top of the recruiting lists for the last few years, Texas, LSU, USC etc. happen to be the same teams that finish the year ranked highly? Recruiting may be an inexact science but excuse me if losing 6 of the top 10 players in our own state and recruiting against the likes of ASU and La. Tech doesn't excite me. More mediocre BS from Scrotum and MSM cronies. I wonder how S. Carolina and Rutgers, 2 powerhouse programs with great tradition,are whipping our ass in recruiting? Oh, that's right , they have real football coaches who work their asses off to recruit, while we have an ignorant buffoon who is more interested in playing pick up BB games. Give me a break, until Scrotum is gone along with JFB, we will always be 8-9 in potential!, what a cluster****!

Razorhogs

Quote from: arkhog9 on January 28, 2007, 09:11:54 pm
The tight ends, running backs, and offensive line could go two or three deep, but everyone complained about lack of depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Plus, lack of good special teams had a huge part in costing Arkansas the last 3 games of the season.

Now, Arkansas goes out gets 2 special teams players, people gripe; Arkansas gets many defensive players to build defensive depth, people gripe, and Arkansas continues to sign talented running backs, good lineman from instate, and gets two talented quarterbacks, yet still, people gripe.

Strong armed quarterbacks, fast running backs, big tight ends, talented offensive lineman, huge and fast defensive lineman, hard hitting safeties, blazing linebackers, two special teams players, and one corner.  What else do you want?

Why are you complaining?  No, this class isn't massively talented, but it addresses all the weaknesses that this year's team had and it seems they're doing a pretty good of preventing those problems from coming up again.  Fans just want to gripe about anything involving Nutt now.

I agree with you 100%

Gosnellhog

Quote from: arkhog9 on January 28, 2007, 09:11:54 pm
The tight ends, running backs, and offensive line could go two or three deep, but everyone complained about lack of depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Plus, lack of good special teams had a huge part in costing Arkansas the last 3 games of the season.

Now, Arkansas goes out gets 2 special teams players, people gripe; Arkansas gets many defensive players to build defensive depth, people gripe, and Arkansas continues to sign talented running backs, good lineman from instate, and gets two talented quarterbacks, yet still, people gripe.

Strong armed quarterbacks, fast running backs, big tight ends, talented offensive lineman, huge and fast defensive lineman, hard hitting safeties, blazing linebackers, two special teams players, and one corner.  What else do you want?

Why are you complaining?  No, this class isn't massively talented, but it addresses all the weaknesses that this year's team had and it seems they're doing a pretty good of preventing those problems from coming up again.  Fans just want to gripe about anything involving Nutt now.
They want Rivals to say they recruited a top 10 class..they wouldnt care if we sign 10 long snappers and 10 holders as long as some national recruiting guru said we had a top 10..
Give me the kids that dont mind working (not show up and expect to play)...

UAPORK

When I read your description of our recruiting class, I thought you must have gotten it confused with another school.  2 strong armed QB'S???? We wrestled one away from Rice...There's a few players in this group, and no doubt some will overachieve......but it is what it is in total.......and that is WEAK.

Buck Ocean

QuoteYou can argue 2 stars versus 4 stars all day.  What matters is that in 9 years Nutt has NO SEC championships, NO top ten finishes and NO BCS bowl games.  Overall, Nutt is not getting it done in the recruiting department.  Unless, of course, you are content to be middle of the pack in the SEC.

Bingo.

QuoteWhy the complaining about the recruiting class?

1.Not offering guys until their senior year.
2.Offering kids who 'had a great Houston Nutt football camp' scholarships.
3.Pulling offers to 5 star athletes the week before they visit
4.Not going after the Top 10 in each respective state
5.Contacting and courting the best athletes in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Tennessee without offering them.
6.Having chaos errupt in the athletic department for all for the recruits to see
7.Losing the Top 3 recruits out of state.
8.Losing 3 of the Top 20 recruits in the state to Auburn.........yuck!!!!
9.Commits from only 60% of the Top 10 recruits in the state

Think like a Jedi

Steef

Quote from: atekido on January 29, 2007, 03:58:05 pm

and yet we beat out LSU and auburn in the SEC west :P  doesnt matter how.  fact is we did.  you guys put down the recruits because their not high profile stars.   and dont have 45897943857 stars by their name.  last time i checked you people sit on your butts watching the game.  their probly isnt a single person on this board more talented that the worst rated player arkansas has.

Please go look at the final rankings of teams. Please notice where Florida, LSU and Auburn are in relation to us. You are hanging your argument on an SEC West title. To be fair, there is some accomplishment in that. And it's better than we've done the previous two years...uh...previous eight years.

But we had some help. And when it came crunch time, we couldn't close the deal. I think that makes us...first loser.

Better than last loser. But how many top recruits want to come here? Hmmm.

Bottom line. If you're a 4.65 recruit for Arkansas, trying to catch that 4.40 recruit for Tenn., it's six points for Tenn. No amount of 'polishing' is gonna change that.

We DID have the best year in HDN's Hog career. The recruiting has not/ is not reflecting it. There's a reason for that.

UnionChristian#3

ill take a 3-4 star recruit from texas over a 4-5 star recruit from arkansas anyday.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

Steef

Quote from: UnionChristian#3 on January 29, 2007, 07:32:50 pm
ill take a 3-4 star recruit from texas over a 4-5 star recruit from arkansas anyday.

Huh? :-\