Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most over rated college coach in America

Started by VolHogg, January 26, 2007, 03:55:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dp14

gotta be nutt
how bout spurrier?  some cheese with your whine?

aloha_kid

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on January 26, 2007, 07:49:56 pm
Fulmer and Miles

What is everyones deal with Les Miles.... I mean his career record is W-50 L-25 winning percentage .667 and over the past 2 years he is 22 and 4 with a whopping    .846 winning percentage. 

I could argue the same for Mac Brown.  Look at his resume'

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=614

Looking at his career he turns programs around.

Pigonometry

Without a doubt it is Mack Brown.  Has a top 10 recruiting class each eyar and still finds a way to lose the big game each year, except for the year he had Vince Young.  Even he couldn't mess that one up...........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Fletch

Quote from: opineonswine on January 26, 2007, 06:18:10 pm
Houston Nutt, no contest.
You first have to be rated before you can be over rated.
I feel like $100

razornole

Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

hawgwilde

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

aloha_kid

Quote from: Pigonometry on January 26, 2007, 08:50:28 pm
Without a doubt it is Mack Brown.  Has a top 10 recruiting class each eyar and still finds a way to lose the big game each year, except for the year he had Vince Young.  Even he couldn't mess that one up...........

Take a look at what he did at NC over his career.  Nutt had Matt Jones who was a much better athlete than Vince and we still haven't won a National Championship... So is Mack over-rated or is Nutt?

ur

HDN is only overated by his fans in this state. Everyone else in the country knows exactly what he is. Why do you think all the teams couldn't wait to play us BG(before Gus)? Vanilla offense.  Why did he not get any job offers? They know and some fans in this state know. 

hawgwilde

Quote from: ur on January 26, 2007, 09:45:44 pm
HDN is only overated by his fans in this state. Everyone else in the country knows exactly what he is. Why do you think all the teams couldn't wait to play us BG(before Gus)? Vanilla offense.  Why did he not get any job offers? They know and some fans in this state know. 

But, he was SEC C.O.Y.  Ask any Hugger, they'll tell you!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

hog caller

ur

Quote from: hawgwilde on January 26, 2007, 09:47:51 pm

And on that trophy, instead of his name, should be "thanks Gus and Reggie"

rlamb

Nuttless is so far ahead of Charlie "Fat Boy" Weiss that it would take light years to measure the distance between these 2 undrechievers.

razorbrass

Les Miles

Even great talent won't save him now that Jimbo is HC in training at FSU.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

aloha_kid

Quote from: hognelson on January 26, 2007, 04:07:47 pm
I think Les Miles is.  Has awesome assistants and gets awesome recruits there.

Thats called being a head coach.  You don't have to be the smartest guy, just surround yourself with smarter more talented people.  Just imagine if we had awesome assistants and awesome recruits (that stayed).

Mister_BS

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 26, 2007, 04:02:55 pm
Quote from: WarEagle on January 26, 2007, 03:56:50 pm
Charlie Weis

Right on the money. I think he's a great coach, but far overrated, at least in terms of what he's done at ND. He's done a good job, but the media props this guy up like he's friggin Woody Hayes.
To my knowledge, Charlie Weiss has never slugged an opposing player during a game.

As for being overrated, Weiss just got to Notre Dame two years ago. He just got the best QB in the country and only the Pope knows who else, so let's check him again in two more years.

dhornjr1

Nutt doesn't even deserve a mention. No one rates him highly except some blind Razorback fans.

My vote is on Mack Brown and Les Miles.

Porquemada

Quote from: ur on January 26, 2007, 09:50:41 pm
Quote from: hawgwilde on January 26, 2007, 09:47:51 pm

And on that trophy, instead of his name, should be "thanks Gus and Reggie"
Correction - it should say "thanks Darren, Felix, and Reggie". Why should Gus be on the trophy? McFadden and Jones were more instrumental in Nutt getting the award than Malzahn. Through no fault of his own, of course.

BILLYBOB

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Whatsup

Fans rating coaches. What credientials do you have to do this. How do think would Houston Nutt and his new SEC West Champion Ring would rate your armchair quarterback message board lifestyle. Who cares anyway, I'll do now like I did to Tony K all year long on MNF. CanTheKorn.Com. MUTE

TheMediocreEra

HOUSTON NUTT CANNOT BE A CANDIDATE HERE!

no one give him any credit outside of the huggers, and pat jones and jim treber here on oklahoma sports radio.

Charlie Weiss is a good coach but is overly hyped (what do you expect he's at Notre Dame)

But I think the most overrated coach as of right now is Spurrier.. he wasn't before he left for the NFL but now that he's back, he isn't the same.  But the media still hypes him, I mean look at how many of S.C.'s games this year were on T.V. for their record it was a ridiculous amount of games.

TheMediocreEra

Quote from: Whatsup on January 27, 2007, 11:08:29 am
Fans rating coaches. What credientials do you have to do this. How do think would Houston Nutt and his new SEC West Champion Ring would rate your armchair quarterback message board lifestyle. Who cares anyway, I'll do now like I did to Tony K all year long on MNF. CanTheKorn.Com. MUTE

care to explain why your posting on a message board then?

By the way, we aren't the only ones who can see that something called "the forward pass" would have one us at LEAST two more games, if not three.  Any average coach could tell you that.