Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

most disliked coach? (besides nutt)

Started by Sanctified Swine, January 26, 2007, 01:24:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanctified Swine

just curious in all of sports which coach makes you guys puke and why

For me - I cannot stand Brady at LSU or Fulmer weeeezzalls

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

longtimeHogfan

Phat Phil Phulmer followed closely by----->

HDN.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogfan064

1.Little league soccer coaches. 
2.Roy Williams
3.Jim Tressel
4.Any of the Bowdens
5.Joe Paterno

Albert Einswine

Theresa P. 

Wait, she's not a coach,  she just uses a coaches computer to harrass certain Razorbacks.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

H&D

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 26, 2007, 01:26:56 pm
2.Roy Williams
3.Jim Tressel
4.Any of the Bowdens
5.Joe Paterno

Just a few questions:

1. Jim Tressel?  Good Guy, Great Coach! Everything Houston Nutt is not.

2. The Bowdens?  Have you watched "We Are Marshall"? Bobby Bowden is a great guy.

3. Joe Paterno?  What do you have against that poor old man, who by the way is still ten times the coach we have.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

92VolGrad

mword

Barry Switzer

I can't think of anyone that is coaching now that I dislike.

Hog Realist

With the crap Saban is pulling in recruiting going after every committed prospect.  Telling LSU recruits that the coaches there havent done a thing and he is responsible for everything there and they are incompetent.  Then bragging about how he is going to be the next coming of Bear Bryant to Luther Davis and Will Blackwell.  Its sickening and I want nothing more than to see him fail

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hog Realist on January 26, 2007, 01:32:58 pm
With the crap Saban is pulling in recruiting going after every committed prospect.  Telling LSU recruits that the coaches there havent done a thing and he is responsible for everything there and they are incompetent.  Then bragging about how he is going to be the next coming of Bear Bryant to Luther Davis and Will Blackwell.  Its sickening and I want nothing more than to see him fail

He's a great coach.  I didn't need any of the information that you posted to make me want to see him fail.  Something about that dude has always made me want him to fail. ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Tide1

Why such hatred for Saban. Just because Bama has the balls to fire a mediocre coach and then spend the cash to get one that is actually committed is no reason to bash. Is it wrong to tell recruits who have committed but not signed LOI, that you are the better coach and look what you are going to do with the program. If Nutt could recruit half as well as Saban, the Hogs would be a force to reckon with in the SEC

Hog Realist

January 26, 2007, 01:41:52 pm #12 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 01:43:32 pm by Hog Realist
i take it you have not read the article where he visited with Luther Davis and Will Blackwell.  I have respect for coaches who win with class.  Not with ones who try to carry on with the demeanor and character of Nick Saban who lies more than Saddam Husseins Iraqi propaganda man.  i dont want to hear that you did this and you did that.  If you want to tell me about your school then go ahead but don't belittle the school I am committed to in an effort to get me to sign with you.  Oh wait, only thing he knows about Alabama is that they are paying him $4 million a year.   I have no respect for a man who prostitutes himself and his achievements like a Thai brothel

Dugann

hmmmmmmmmmm   pete carrol or nick sabin
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

pigfeet

H&D

Quote from: Tide1 on January 26, 2007, 01:38:10 pm
Why such hatred for Saban. Just because Bama has the balls to fire a mediocre coach and then spend the cash to get one that is actually committed is no reason to bash. Is it wrong to tell recruits who have committed but not signed LOI, that you are the better coach and look what you are going to do with the program. If Nutt could recruit half as well as Saban, the Hogs would be a force to reckon with in the SEC

Good point, Colin Cowherd was talking about Urban earlier and how FL is getting all of these verbal commits to other schools to change their minds and go with FL, that is why they are NC and probably on their way back and we are stuck here in mediocrity land with Nutt.  Nutt says he only recruits players that want to be hogs, well guess what Nutt all the "successful" coaches recruit players that will win games.  Who cares who the kid grew-up cheering for.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Tone

Dislike
Pete Carroll-erogant
Saban
Roy Williams-for some reason, can't put a finger on it.

John Brady-He is a nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously, I had time to talk to him this past summer and he was very open, honest about his contract, the whole Skip Bertman and Smoke Lavell issue, players like him also.   

Tide1

January 26, 2007, 01:49:14 pm #17 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 01:51:29 pm by Tide1
I have read what you say. But unless a recruit has signed the LOI, he is free game. Recruiting is not for weak at heart. No recruit is safe until he signs on the dotted line. You harp on Saban but what about Florida "stealing" the defensive kid from Notre Dame afte he was comitted. And don't forget that Nutt hired a kids HS coach inorder to get him to the Hogs even though he was already committed to the gators. (DW) So do not throw rocks until you move out of your glass house.

hogfan064

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on January 26, 2007, 01:30:53 pm
2.Roy Williams
3.Jim Tressel
4.Any of the Bowdens
5.Joe Paterno

Just a few questions:

1. Jim Tressel?  Good Guy, Great Coach! Everything Houston Nutt is not.

2. The Bowdens?  Have you watched "We Are Marshall"? Bobby Bowden is a great guy.

3. Joe Paterno?  What do you have against that poor old man, who by the way is still ten times the coach we have.

1. I don't like Tressel because he coaches a school I don't like.  The sweater vests annoy me

2. Terry Bowden has some major flaws.  Tommy Bowden makes more excuses than Nutt and has cried several times after losses.  Both only have jobs due to daddy.  Bobby has let thugs come into his university for years just so he can win. "Boys will be boys"

3.  Paterno, may still be a better coach than Nutt, but that doesn't mean I have to like the guy.  I've never been a fan of Big 10/North schools and this guy is the God of northern coaches.  He needs to retire, but is to stubborn to realize it.

DeltaBoy

PHAT PHIL  :puke: :puke:

Momma says Fulmer is the DEVIL!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BILLYBOB

Fat Phil "can you put some extra cheese on that" Fulmer!

No contest.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

cosmodrum

Coach Conrad from "Dazed and Confused."

Oh, and Phil Fulmer.
Oh, and Bobby Knight.
Oh, and Tom Coughlin.
Oh, and Art Shell.
Oh, and Bill Belichick.
Oh, and John Gruden.
Oh, and Marty Shottenheimer.
Oh, and Mike Shanahan (even though he did impress me following the murder of Darrent Williams, but what can I do? I'm a Chiefs fan)
Go away, batin'

Hogsrcool

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on January 26, 2007, 01:24:08 pm
just curious in all of sports which coach makes you guys puke and why

Stan Heath.. :puke:  Why?  Because the man cannot coach at all and he is a subpar recruiter and we can do better.

How is that for a first post.

booogaga

the most hated coach besides houston nutt, is still HOUSTON NUTT. other than that its David Lee, he was part of starting this whole mess, who is going to bring the boring ass option game back next year. And Jim Lindsay, even know he isnt a coach he is still hated because of his wierd and strange layalty to FB
GO HOGS!

pigmania

Dale has at least 7 personalities and I hate everyone of them.

pigmania

I especially hate Dante. This personality tells Dale that he is the smartest coach in football and that passing the ball doesn't work.

Pigskin_Porker

Other members of MSM and Phil Fulmer/ Nick Saban
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

hawgwilde

Broyles
Spurrier
Stoops
Shiworst
D. Nutt
D. Lee
C. Vaughn
Markuson
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

Melhog

Shi-Worst hands down although I don't hate anybody. Just think he is a terrible coach.

StoernerJonesFan

No one pales in comparison.  At this point, ANY coach is less disliked than Nutt-a-licious.

HoggieStyle

Brady at LSU is a good call.
Philmer is a wet pile of loose stool.
Shibest is as embarrasing as Nutts.
Bob Stoops is an ash hole.
Tom Penders was a jerk.
Never liked Switzer.

That's enough for now.

Pigskin_Porker

"A wet pile of loose stool"  --  Funny stuff!!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

WarEagle

Charlie Weis really annoys me...and the way the media just kisses up to him, despite that he hasn't done that well at Notre Dame makes it even worse.

Nick Saban was pretty sketchy (at best) w/ all his arrogant denials of interest in the Bama job, then flying off and not even telling people about his decision in person.  Plus he coaches Bama.

Phat Phil is just plain slimy.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

Hogtropolis™

What does everyone have against Danny?  He has done a GREAT job with our running backs over the years.

I can't stand Jim Tressel and his sweater vest!

MHHog

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

go hogues

1. Tommy Tuberville
2. Calipari
3. Steve Spurrier
4. Stan Heath
5. Ed Ogeron
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HeathWimp

I forgot to mention the coach of one of the Giants, one of the 4th-grade flag football teams in Bryant.  It is obvious that he is too hard on his son, who is on the team.  Last year during a game, the son got stressed out after a bad play, and threw the ball at the coach's privates.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

dirtydoghog

John Brady
John Calapari
Mac Brown
Bruce Pearl
Rod Barnes
Jackie Sherryl
Gus Mahlzon (sp) -

Did I mention John Calapari?

stchane

For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

bigyellowdog

Fat Phil
Pat Summitt
Roy Williams
Slick Nick
Isaih Thomas
Phil Jackson

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: dirtydoghog on January 26, 2007, 03:28:50 pm
John Brady
John Calapari
Mac Brown
Bruce Pearl
Rod Barnes
Jackie Sherryl
Gus Mahlzon (sp) -

Just curious as to why you would have Gus on your list of MOST disliked coaches.  Please explain.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

PMCANALLY

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 26, 2007, 04:47:29 pm
John Brady
John Calapari
Mac Brown
Bruce Pearl
Rod Barnes
Jackie Sherryl
Gus Mahlzon (sp) -

You musn't know too much about him if you can't spell his name right.
TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

PMCANALLY

Quote from: PMCANALLY on January 26, 2007, 05:01:08 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 26, 2007, 04:47:29 pm
John Brady
John Calapari
Mac Brown
Bruce Pearl
Rod Barnes
Jackie Sherryl
Gus Mahlzon (sp) -

You musn't know too much about him if you can't spell his name right.
TeamTaylor--- u wanna fut wit me?

WPS!

d1nonlyhogfan

2.Roy Williams
3.Jim Tressel
4.Any of the Bowdens
5.Joe Paterno

So you hate winners.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

buckhawg

A question to all who listed football coaches.
If Arkansas were to hire someone off your list as a HC.  Say Steve Spurrier, Les Miles, Jim Tressel, Charlie Weiss, etc. ,would you quit rooting for the Hogs or are they hated because they are not Hogs?

RunDMCforHeisman

Sounds like everybody hates coaches who win National Championships or put their team in contention for Championships every year.  Ooohhh the envy.  I would take any of them coaches over ours.

hogs_smell_good

That yankee loudmouth from over rated notre dame.