Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rank your despised programs

Started by The Marmot, January 26, 2007, 09:17:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marmot

Just a little distraction from the usual talk around here. Rank your top five most despised sports programs, whether football, basketball, track, lacrosse, whatever. This was inspired by the Duke vs Clemson thread. Mine are:

1. Tennessee FB
2. Duke BB
3. Kentucky BB
4. Alabama FB
5. Michigan FB
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

holman24

texas  any sport
oklahoma football
lsu   football
N.C. basketball
dallas cowboys

hawgslop00

1. Oklahoma - Football
2. LSU - Football
3. Yankees - Baseball
4. Southern Cal. - Football
5. Ohio State - Football

LSPRazorbac

Texas-any sport
Ohio State-any sport
Miami-any sport
Michigan-any sport
and any non-BCS school that cries about BCS system

hognelson

Texas - all sports, even gymnastics
LSU - FB
Duke - BB
Memphis - BB
Michigan - FB

hogfan064

1. Texas
2. North Carolina
3. Southern Cal
4. Boise State
5. Clemson

jbcarol

Quote from: heater on January 26, 2007, 09:17:04 am
Just a little distraction from the usual talk around here. Rank your top five most despised sports programs, whether football, basketball, track, lacrosse, whatever. This was inspired by the Duke vs Clemson thread. Mine are:

1. Tennessee FB
2. Duke BB
3. Kentucky BB
4. Alabama FB
5. Michigan FB

Gut check.  Who did you root for Duke vs. KY, 1998 (not '92) Regional Finals, where Magloire gave Wojo the figure-four leg lock and KY came back from 17 down and sent Duke's #1, NBA star lineup home early.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

fourthcrusade

1. Tennessee / Texas (any orange other than OkState)
2. Duke
3. Southern Cal
4. ANYTHING MURRAY STATE
5. LSWho / Memphis

Pigskin_Porker

1. Texas - Any sport
2. LSU - Any sport
3. Alabama - Football
4. Washington Redskins
5. Oklahoma- Football
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

Nashville Fan

January 26, 2007, 09:26:08 am #9 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:30:22 am by Nashville Fan
1 NY Yankees
2 Duke Basketball
3 ND Football
4 Tiger Woods Golf
5 Duke LaCross

Opps - I thought it was who do you think is the most despised. I personally like Tiger.
Pittman or Bust!

STRILE

Funny how most of these programs dominate their sports.  Do we hate them or are we just jealous?

1. Miami Hurricanes
2. Ok St Cowboys
3. LSU Tigers
4. Notre Dame
5. Ohio State
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

zebra

Texas-baseball
Texas-football
Notre Dame-football
Alabama-football
Indiana-basketball

All these programs have something in common, they need to get over themselves.

The Marmot

Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2007, 09:24:32 am
Quote from: heater on January 26, 2007, 09:17:04 am

1. Tennessee FB
2. Duke BB
3. Kentucky BB
4. Alabama FB
5. Michigan FB

Gut check.  Who did you root for Duke vs. KY, 1998 (not '92) Regional Finals, where Magloire gave Wojo the figure-four leg lock and KY came back from 17 down and sent Duke's #1, NBA star lineup home early.

In that game, KY... Its tough for me to root for Tennesse FB or KY BB, even in post season play, but I try and let my SEC love overcome.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

AllenEagle06

Why all the hatred for Texas? I'm a fan of the Razorbacks, but I'm also a Longhorn fan.

razorsharphawg

1.) Oklahoma Sooners - Football
2.) Dallas Cowboys - Football
3.) Texas Longhorns - Any sport
4.) U.S.C. - Football
5.) Every NBA team besides the Bulls or Spurs

IowaHog

1.  Notre Dame
2.  Texas
3.  Duke
4.  Miami
5.  The rest of the SEC when we play them
"Dorks.  They look like a couple of dorks". 
-Quentin Tarantino, apparently when asked about Hooten and Danny...

jbcarol

1. Florida BB
2. Louisville BB
3. UCLA BB
4. UTEP (formerly Texas Western) BB
5. Arizona BB

Florida would take all 5 slots if eligible.  While Sutton was at KY, Mr. jb was on assignment in Lexington and witnessed the game.  Coming out of the half the KY Cheerleaders were doing that five-high standing pyramid that may be banned now for safety reasons.  The Florida players could not wait another five seconds or could not condescend to go around.  They surrounded the exterior men holding up the pyramid and moved in on them like they were blocking out on a free throw attempt.  They upset the pyramid and the top girl fell hard with the wildcat mascot barely able to break the fall but she was hurt as well as next tier girls.  The Flordia players laughed and started their warmup routine.  Rupp Arena is like a moat without water separating the crowd from the playing area.  The 5000 or so sitting closest to the action are not likely to mount much of a threat.  But many of the remainder rose as one and stormed toward the court.  It was thwarted by Lexington's finest but was dangerously close to being one of the most tragic events to happen in college sports.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

John Futrall

1). The Ohio State Buckeyes (FB)
2). Notre Dame Fighting Irish (FB)
3). New York Yankees (BB)
4). St. Louis Cardinals (BB)I know I'll get blasted for this
5). Anything LSU

mannequin99

1)  Duke Anything
2)  Tennessee
3)  Longhorns
4)  Lakers
5)  Yankees/Red Sox.

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

H-O-double g

1. Kentucky BB
2. Tennessee FB
3. Ole Miss BB & FB
4. N.Y. Yankees
5. St. Louis Cardinals

kitshicker

1. Yankees
2. Longhorns
3. Miami Hurricanes
4. Lakers
5. Ohio St.

Pigskin_Porker

How can you be a Razorbacks fan and root for anything Texas Longhorns.  Burnt orange and cardinal don't mix!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

jbcarol

Quote from: Nashville Fan on January 26, 2007, 09:26:08 am
1 NY Yankees
2 Duke Basketball
3 ND Football
4 Tiger Woods Golf
5 Duke LaCross

Opps - I thought it was who do you think is the most despised. I personally like Tiger.

Great addition wtih Duke LaCrosse!  Nobody is the good guy in that situation are they?

STRILE

Come on.  Somebody pick a team that doesn't dominate their sport.  This thread should actually read:  List the programs you are most jealous of.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

arkjay19

1. New York Yankees
2. Notre Dame football
3. Texas everything
4. Los Angeles Kobes
5. Tulsa football (sarcasm)

STRILE

Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2007, 09:44:43 am
1 NY Yankees
2 Duke Basketball
3 ND Football
4 Tiger Woods Golf
5 Duke LaCross

Great addition wtih Duke LaCrosse!  Nobody is the good guy in that situation are they?
I don't know about good and bad.  I don't think having strippers over makes you a bad guy, it is just a mistake in judgement.  This is common amoung 20 year old kids.  The stripper in question, well she should put behind bars for a very long time.  And throw the DA in as well. 

jbcarol

Quote from: fourthcrusade on January 26, 2007, 09:25:13 am
1. Tennessee / Texas (any orange other than OkState)
2. Duke
3. Southern Cal
4. ANYTHING MURRAY STATE
5. LSWho / Memphis

I loved your sigline noting that Ark beat UK on the road in '92.  Mr. jb lost the in-house bet and got the courtesy of wearing a Hog Hat while speaking to some university students in KY.

AllenEagle06

Quote from: Pigskin_Porker on January 26, 2007, 09:43:18 am
How can you be a Razorbacks fan and root for anything Texas Longhorns.  Burnt orange and cardinal don't mix!
I don't know why I do. It's not like Arkansas and Texas are rivals or anything.

Nap

Miami Hurricanes (too many thugs)
Dallas Cowboys (Jerry Jones & T.O.)
Washington State Cougars (I grew up a Husky fan in Seattle)
Texas A&M Aggies (from our SWC days & I live in Austin)
LSU Tigers (I hate Louisiana.  Period.)
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

Pigskin_Porker

They used to be rivals!  I have family in Ft. Worth who get an earful from Longhorns fans when we occasionally play in FB/BB, etc.

jbcarol

January 26, 2007, 09:54:11 am #31 Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:26:45 am by jbcarol
Quote from: STRILE on January 26, 2007, 09:47:01 am
Quote from: jbcarol on January 26, 2007, 09:44:43 am
1 NY Yankees
2 Duke Basketball
3 ND Football
4 Tiger Woods Golf
5 Duke LaCross

I don't know about good and bad.  I don't think having strippers over makes you a bad guy, it is just a mistake in judgement.  This is common amoung 20 year old kids.  The stripper in question, well she should put behind bars for a very long time.  And throw the DA in as well. 

That's true, but consider Jose Canseco.  He doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good story, might do anything for money, but if you work through it there is some truth in there.

Hawgvillain

1. NY Yankees (they are just bad for baseball)
2. USC Football
3. LSU Basketball
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Notre Dame Football

Bomis Hawg

1) Texas hoops, football, baseball, lawn darts.
2) LSU Football & Basketball -- anyone coached by Les Miles and John Brady have my hatred
3) Texas A&M Football -- Fans are decent, but I hate seeing them win anything.
4) Kentucky Basketball -- If you hated Texas in the SWC days, you have to add the Wildcats
5a) Memphis Hoops -- Calipari, Enough said.  Those frickers thought Ark wasn't good enough to play
5b) Chicago Cubs -- token add because I'm a fan of the Cardinals

rare71

1. Whatever team Terrell Owens plays for in the current week!
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. NY Yankees
4. Tennessee FB (fulmer)
5. Big 10 football (all of 'em)
Class of 2002.....better late than never!!!

Jim

Quote from: rare71 on January 26, 2007, 09:57:35 am
1. Whatever team Terrell Owens plays for in the current week!

I'm with you.  I'm just hoping he doesn't leave Dallas and sign with the Chargers or Bears.  LOL

My other 4 would be:

Miami Hurricanes
NY Yankees
LSU football (yeah, I'm jealous)
Friends...I hated that program.  ;)

HokieHawg

1.) Texas - all sports and existence, period.
2.) LSU - all sports and existence, period.
3.) Virginia - all sports and existence, period.
4.) Boston Red Sox - bandwagon fans and too much unwarranted attention
t5.) Notre Dame - too many verbal BJ's, bandwagon fans, Charlie Weis
t5.) Springdale High School :P

combsj

Texas - all things related
ND Football

HaWg 10

U of Texas anything
Cubs
Astros
Jeff Gordon
Yankees
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

HeathWimp

Frank Broyles - World's Oldest Man Competition
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

ark30inf

1) All teams with Texas in the name
2) Louisiana Tech
3) Penn State (white helmets)
4) Alabama
5) Ohio State

I don't like the Mets, Lakers, and I don't like the Steelers until they can afford a logo sticker for both sides of the helmet.

jbcarol

Quote from: HeathWimp on January 26, 2007, 10:25:50 am
Frank Broyles - World's Oldest Man Competition

That's great!  Mr. tells me that Coach Rupp was forced to retire at age 70 due to a state law dealing with an age ceiling on university employees.  He still did his TV show under the theme of "Now, here's what ah'd have done if ah was still in chawge and directin' these fine boys."

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: STRILE on January 26, 2007, 09:45:24 am
Come on.  Somebody pick a team that doesn't dominate their sport.  This thread should actually read:  List the programs you are most jealous of.

Not jealous of any of them.  I'll explain my picks

1) Texas--was taught to despise them at an early age
2) Ohio State--I hate how they emphasize THE in the Ohio State.  Just a pet peeve. 
3) Miami--Thug University need I say more
4) Michigan--I dunno just something about them that I don't like
5) Non BCS teams that cry about the BCS system.  Build up your program and join the BCS and quit your whining

ZAP743

1.)LSU/Notre Dame
2.)Washington Redskins
3.)Philadelphia Eagles
4.)NY Yankees
5abc)LSU/Duke B-Ball/Notre Dame

dp14

dfresh

1. ND Football
2. Duke Basketball
3. Phat Phil Football
4. Arky State Everything
5. Texas Everything

Jim

LSPRazorbac,

Absolutely LOVE your sig line!!  I burst out loud laughing at it!!  As Homer Simpson would say:

"It's funny 'cause it's true!"

Brilliant! :)

Dugann

1.  Texas
2.  Alabama
3.  Tennessee
4.  USC
5.  LSU
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

pigfeet

#1 The Murray State Mafia

NUFF SAID