Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DOC SADLER

Started by BRC0180, January 25, 2007, 10:02:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mword

I wouldn't want Doc Sadler coaching the Hogs. I see him as another Stan Heath. I knew when he left UTEP for Nebraska, he was going to fall on his face.

BRC0180

Quote from: schweine on January 29, 2007, 10:04:38 pm
I wouldn't want Doc Sadler coaching the Hogs. I see him as another Stan Heath. I knew when he left UTEP for Nebraska, he was going to fall on his face.

And how do you make that comparison?

HawgG

Doc Sadler is a good HC in my opinion.He has a good class coming in and talent is what helps you win games more then X's and O's. That comes from the mouth on John Wooden.

As for as Heath goes I will say it once again, that this is the last season that his job will be in questioned at Arkansas.For everybody wanting him gone remember the magic number is 20.That will get them into the NCAAT and the threat of losing his job will be over.

The Hogs will start rated in the top 15-20 next season with a very favorable home schedule and they will have plenty of games on National TV, which the big time recruits love.In order words Arkansas basketball is 6 more wins away from getting back to national status.

yraciv

You've got to consider how empty the talent level at Nebraska is this season.  Doc's team will get better!  They did lose to Texas by 1 on the road last week.  Doc is a good coach, so give him a pass this year.  They did just outplay KS in the 2nd half, and yes they were still playing starters.  He knows the talent isn't there yet and is working w/ what he has.

mbgrulz

Quote from: BRC0180 on January 29, 2007, 10:04:34 pm
I like Coach Heath.  He just has not been able to guarantee that the hogs will play with great passion/effort, every time they touch the floor.  Regardless of your talent level, you can give great effort, if it is demanded of you.  Thats why we all like Doc.  His kids play hard or their is hell to pay.  It is a privaledge to play Division I basketball for the Razorbacks.  Do you think a player at Kansas, A&M, Nebraska, would cuss their coach and walk off the bench?(epecially an underachieving waste of talent that plays hard when he wants to.)  Townes may walk off/cuss Self, Gillespie, Sadler, but he better be doing it on his way to the bus station.  Those 3 coaches would not even put him on a plane, much less the playing floor the next game.
i guess doc's team will have hell to pay.

i dont care how bad you are, if you are a major school and you let a team come into your house and  thump your ass like that, you aren't all your cracked up to be.

i didnt know much about DS, but i saw all i needed to know tonight. he wouldnt be much of an upgrade from SH, and at the bare minimum, SH can recruit.

BRC0180

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 29, 2007, 10:30:00 pm
I like Coach Heath.  He just has not been able to guarantee that the hogs will play with great passion/effort, every time they touch the floor.  Regardless of your talent level, you can give great effort, if it is demanded of you.  Thats why we all like Doc.  His kids play hard or their is hell to pay.  It is a privaledge to play Division I basketball for the Razorbacks.  Do you think a player at Kansas, A&M, Nebraska, would cuss their coach and walk off the bench?(epecially an underachieving waste of talent that plays hard when he wants to.)  Townes may walk off/cuss Self, Gillespie, Sadler, but he better be doing it on his way to the bus station.  Those 3 coaches would not even put him on a plane, much less the playing floor the next game.

i dont care how bad you are, if you are a major school and you let a team come into your house and  thump your ass like that, you aren't all your cracked up to be.

i didnt know much about DS, but i saw all i needed to know tonight. he wouldnt be much of an upgrade from SH, and at the bare minimum, SH can recruit.

wanker.  He is playing with a glorified NAIA team.  He got the job late in the summer.  He would not have lost James Anderson.  Stan did.  You can't get the best player in your state?  Thats recruiting?  Stick to something you know about. 

hawgtahm

Quote from: HawgG on January 29, 2007, 09:50:18 pm
Quote from: hawgtahmIf we're going to pull the trigger on Heath, then there are other coaches that I would look at, i.e. Mark Turgeon or even Tubby Smith (assuming the rumors of his impending availability are true).

Tubby Smith has a hard time recruiting to Kentucky,arguable the most prestigious College Basketball program in the nation.
That is why UK fans complain so much about their program not being where it should always be.

Tubby would very much struggle at Arkansas, very much so.

Tubby Smith[/b] went 16-0 in the SEC in '03 (long after Pitino's recruits were gone). I will not mention his national championship in order to appease the "but Pitino..." critics, but he has been to 6 sweet 16s and 3 elite 8s at Kentucky.

The "Haven of Kentucky (AAAHHHHH, organ music and a bright light busting through the clouds)" aside, he took Tulsa to TWO sweet 16s in his 5 years there, and then took Georgia to their only consecutive 20 win seasons (with a sweet 16 to boot).

Jim Harris

43-8, really? Hell, sign him up then.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

NuttinItUp

Hogz87

My dad had the pleasure of playing basketball with Doc Sadler in high school at Greenwood, and the two have remained friends.  He said he'd love it if Sadler was the next basketball HC for the Hogs.

Mister_BS

Quote from: Hogz87 on January 30, 2007, 01:06:21 am
My dad had the pleasure of playing basketball with Doc Sadler in high school at Greenwood, and the two have remained friends.  He said he'd love it if Sadler was the next basketball HC for the Hogs.
you don't hire friends, not when millions of dollars are at stake.

Biggus Piggus

Nebraska trailed 43-8 in a home game.  Doc has a lot of work to do yet.  Heath never had one that bad even in his first season.  NU is a basketball coaches' graveyard.
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 30, 2007, 04:19:09 am
Quote from: drakehog on January 29, 2007, 01:26:55 am
Quote from: BRC0180 on January 25, 2007, 10:27:19 pm
Gillespie would not leave A&M for the Arkansas job.  Would not even consider it.

right. Staying in Aggieland where basketball will always be third fiddle to football and spring football is his dream job.

4th fiddle behind football recruiting season

oh, yeah, how could I forget the season where the Aggies have claimed the most championships? ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

dirtydoghog

Quote from: BRC0180 on January 25, 2007, 10:02:59 pm
If there were a change on the hill in men's basketball, this is our guy.
If he were here you:
*would not have lost at South Carolina last night
*would have went from the bus to BWA for practice if you did
*would not have players cussing coaches/walking off

Look at his pedigree, track record.  He almost beat Texas with 1 player and walkons.  Not near the personnel the hogs have.

This is Doc's dream job.  Is loved by HS coaches/Juco coaches in the region.  Would bring toughness back to Hog Hoops.

We can get Doc.  We can't get Self.  Doc has beaten Anderson. Scott Sutton is not the answer.  

No thanks, even we can score more than 16 points in a half at home.

BRC0180

Ok if we have an opening call Gillespie.  The first words are thanks but no thanks, but you need to hire DOC.  Who do you think brought Doc to UTEP? 

Gillespie has a better job.  Has unlimited resources/money.  Is home.  He ain't talking to you, much less coming.  So why not get the guy he and Self would recommend.  He could do what Stan can't:  Recruit our region.

mbgrulz

Quote from: BRC0180 on January 29, 2007, 10:37:12 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on January 29, 2007, 10:30:00 pm

wanker.  He is playing with a glorified NAIA team.  He got the job late in the summer.  He would not have lost James Anderson.  Stan did.  You can't get the best player in your state?  Thats recruiting?  Stick to something you know about. 
Something i know about? HAHAHAHAHAHA. bless your heart.

ORU seemed to be able to get their glorified NAIA asses ready to play kansas. that's all that ORU is.

how do you let a team come into your house and do that to you? i can understand Kansas beating them, but they laid down and took it.

Doc may have peeked in life as a patsy sutton luggage carrier.

Stan is by no means a the next coach K, but going from stan to DS would do absolutely nothing for the program.