Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FACTS about Malzahn's departure--For the HDN ardent supporters

Started by TULAWHOG, January 25, 2007, 08:09:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TULAWHOG

FACT1: Malzahn was Rivals Offensive Coordinator of the Year.
FACT2: Malzahn made approximately $150K/year.
FACT3: Houston Nutt publicly said that he was turning the offense over to Gus and that Gus would call the plays (not signaling the plays that have been predetermined--logical inference from "turning the offense over to gus")
FACT4: The HUNH was ran sparingly (I believe only once and for a TD w/MM, but this does need to be verified) in the first game and was not ran again.
FACT5: HDN initiated interest in David Lee as a "co-offensive coordinator" and HDN publicly said it was unclear on who would actually call the plays and said something like "could be either" (maybe not an exact quote, but pretty close).
FACT6: HDN expressed the interest in David Lee prior to Malzahn showing any interest in Tulsa.
FACT7: Frank Broyles said that the "experts" say that Malzahn's offense would not work in the SEC.  NOTE: it would later be determined that Frank indicated that he was the expert at a Dallas alumni meeting; however, to my knowledge there was no news/journalist media there so we can only go by what the few people say that attended but their stories were substantively the same.
FACT8: Malzahn leaves for Tulsa, a much less prestigious program than Arkansas and the smallest enrollment of any school in Division 1 football.
FACT9: Malzahn had said publicly that Arkansas was his "dream job."
FACT10: D. Lee takes over as new O.C. making 2 times Malzahn's salary at $300K/year.
FACT11: HDN was documented in the papers as telling QB Leach when he was recruiting him a couple years ago that he was making the change from D.Lee to someone new (R. Wittke) because he wanted to go back to the "passing offense" he had at Boise.  Leach said that D.Lee leaving was one of the primary reasons he signed with Arkansas.
FACT12: D.Lee said on Drive Time Sports that he would be "calling the plays" but HDN's the head coach and if it is 3rd and 2 and he says "give me a run," he's the coach and I'll give him a run.
FACT13: There is no record that Nutt/Broyles offered Gus anymore money or control of the offense to help keep him at Arkansas.

Now, my questions to those who thinks this is about a guy who just wanted to leave and if he didn't want to be here, he could just go:
1. Why would Nutt or a good coach start looking for a co-offensive coordinator/someone else to call plays when he had the offensive coordinator of the year on staff who hadn't expressed any intention of leaving?

2. Why would you hire a guy to replace the Off. Coordinator of the year with a guy, whom, you fired/released before due to his inadequate knowledge in the passing game, just to hire him again 4 years later to help improve your passing game? 

3.  Why wouldn't you make a incessant effort to keep the Off. Coordinator of the year by offering more money or assurance of calling plays or assurance that his philosophy would be implemented more?

4. How could you not, at least, offer to double his salary to $300K--the same you are paying his replacement?

5. How do you know the HUNH offense would not work at all whenever it was it was tried but only one time?

6.  Do you have any evidence that the running game would suffer or that Felix or McFadden would get less touches?

7. Why would Malzahn leave his Dream Job, for less money and go to a weaker conference with lesser talent to work with and a less prestigious program?

8. In light of these facts and your answer to the aforementioned questions, how can you reasonably deduce that Malzahn was not "forced out" or "railroaded?"

I, like many others, know the answer to these questions, but it would really help some of those who actually question the improprieties of this program, if you (huggers/ardent supporters, whatever) could shed light on these issues.

One other question that I ommitted: Why Hire an offensive coordinator and "turn him loose" with the offense, if you didn't think his offense would work in your conference??

TULAWHOG

Bump: Come on huggers, this is important since so many are confused about the facts and that it is all about arrogance.

PigKahuna

Why is it so important to a lot of the Darksiders to try and convince Huggers you are right?  Just let it go and believe what you believe.

SigPig

Its called beating a dead horse- or as Rick says- beating a horse to death

Frank and Swine

Because letting it go is the same as turning a blind eye to the problem or condoning it.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 08:18:15 pm
Why is it so important to a lot of the Darksiders to try and convince Huggers you are right?  Just let it go and believe what you believe.
It's not about being right or wrong.  It's about a program that is being led by a Coach and AD that are allowing the program to ruin.
Here's what has happened since Malzahn left:
-We lost the #1 prep QB in the nation last year and our second leading receiver, both ALL SEC Freshmen in some capacity.
-Lost 6 of 10 best recruits in Arkansas.
-Lost Freddy Barnett to Memphis.
-9th in recruiting or worse in the SEC.
All of this after a winning season. There are problems up there and they need to be addressed and held accountable for and not pumped with sunshine.  It hasn't been sunny in a while.

Since 1894

Because we are Arkansas and we LOVE the option.  DMac will win the Heisman as a slash (/) - Quarterback / Running Back.

Everything is being set up for a DMac for Heisman run, hope the U of A doesn't forget the PR this time.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Factual Fiction

FACT: ARKANSAS DID NOT HAVE A QB THAT COULD HIT THE BROADSIDE OF A BARN.................

PigKahuna

Quote from: TULAWHOG on January 25, 2007, 08:23:18 pm
It's not about being right or wrong.  It's about a program that is being led by a Coach and AD that are allowing the program to ruin.
-We lost the #1 prep QB in the nation last year and our second leading receiver, both ALL SEC Freshmen in some capacity.
All of this after a winning season. There are problems up there and they need to be addressed and held accountable for and not pumped with sunshine.  It hasn't been sunny in a while.

Your thread is clearly meant to try and convince Huggers that you are right. 

What I'm confused by is that if 70-80% of the state is anti HDN and Broyles, why do you guys waste so much time an energy trying to convince that last 20-30%??

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Factual Fiction on January 25, 2007, 08:23:27 pm
FACT: ARKANSAS DID NOT HAVE A QB THAT COULD HIT THE BROADSIDE OF A BARN.................
FACT: How do we know whenever every receiver is covered and there are only two of them on a given play that are actually eligible to receive a pass...courtesy of HDN max protect.

Fletch

I think the answer to your last question and some of the others is that Nutt was forced to hire Malzahn as OC but never really intended to "turn him loose" or was forced by JFB to not turn him loose. He wanted Lee all along and Lee had job security last year but that changed when he learned that Parcells may be leaving the Cowboys. So Nutt did what he wanted to do all along and hired Lee. IMO Lee will be a Nutt yes man as OC just like Nutt is a Broyles yes man. One big happy family. They just had to screw Gus to get there. IMO of course.
I feel like $100

TULAWHOG

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 08:25:20 pm

Your thread is clearly meant to try and convince Huggers that you are right. 

What I'm confused by is that if 70-80% of the state is anti HDN and Broyles, why do you guys waste so much time an energy trying to convince that last 20-30%??
I'm not trying to convince you of anything that you shouldn't see yourself.  I just want answers to those questions that are reasonable that's all.  If you want to support a coach that will put personal vendettas and personal interests before the program, that is YOUR perogative.  However, you should at least be aware that you support a coach that is self-serving and more importantly you should ADMIT IT.  Then, I'll be happy because I know you have know good reason to still support HDN in light of the facts.

hoghevn

NO, THE FACT IS, In all of Nutt's NINE YEARS, he hasn't been able to develop a passing game.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, quit blaming the passing game on the players.  In almost 10, 10 YEARS!!!!  Arkansas could NOT pass the ball due to Nutt's COACHING!!!! HELLOOOOOOO  WAKE UP!!!!

Sloppys

"Lost Freddy Barnett to Memphis"?  What in Hades does that have to do with Gus leaving???? Talk about reaching!

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Fletch on January 25, 2007, 08:26:55 pm
I think the answer to your last question and some of the others is that Nutt was forced to hire Malzahn as OC but never really intended to "turn him loose" or was forced by JFB to not turn him loose. He wanted Lee all along and Lee had job security last year but that changed when he learned that Parcells may be leaving the Cowboys. So Nutt did what he wanted to do all along and hired Lee. IMO Lee will be a Nutt yes man as OC just like Nutt is a Broyles yes man. One big happy family. They just had to screw Gus to get there. IMO of course.
Fletch, your opinion is very reasonable in light of the facts and probably very close to the truth.

Factual Fiction

FACT: THE QB'S PASSING SUCKED IN THE BOWL GAME....................

HoopS

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Sloppys on January 25, 2007, 08:29:39 pm
"Lost Freddy Barnett to Memphis"?  What in Hades does that have to do with Gus leaving???? Talk about reaching!
Freddy had all of the intentions of being a Razorback, throughout his entire recruiting process until recently.  How do you know that wasn't because of the crap that's going on that started when Malzahn left.  Besides, I was just naming bad things that had happened since his departure, not all are direct consequences of it.  However, those things happened and the Malzahn situation certainly didn't help.

Oliverhogman

Obviously this will not be answered.  Maybe they can ask Dudley about it tonight during the interview.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Factual Fiction on January 25, 2007, 08:32:27 pm
Fact, so did the Special Teams the last three games but I guess Shibest is still around isn't he?  Why don't we get a co-special teams coordinator??

blue

Tulawhog, may I use some of your points tommorow on DTS?

Factual Fiction

Quote from: TULAWHOG on January 25, 2007, 08:34:33 pm
Fact, so did the Special Teams the last three games but I guess Shibest is still around isn't he?  Why don't we get a co-special teams coordinator??

That is a FACT..................................so FACT Arkansas could have won 13 games w/o  a passing game.............................

Whatsup

Fact. Every Quarterback, LSU, Florida and Wis faced Sucked against the Top pass defenses in the national. Gus is overrated. He was 4 of 15 at winning high school championships. He didn't get to the championship the majority of those years.  Shiloh is a private school who had twice as much talent as anyone they played. Mitch won it all only 1 year out of 4(3 because of injury). I've heard several people say 'what about the Colts. They run the spread, the HUNH'. Comparing Springdale high school to peyton and the colts. To those I say Hey buddy, I've got a line on some Mitch Mustain sweat on a used towel.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Oliverhogman on January 25, 2007, 08:33:59 pm
Obviously this will not be answered.  Maybe they can ask Dudley about it tonight during the interview.
Exactly and it's these questions that need to be asked on Drive Time and asked from the media to the athletic department?  These are the important questions and we are entitled to the answers as fans, season ticket holders and contributers to Arkansas athletics.  Why would we want to contribute to a coach who is self-serving and has hidden agendas that remove the best talent from the program and replaces it with lesser?

hOUSTon NUTT

Fact:  Gus Malzahn was the first to call David Lee.  How's that grab ya!

TULAWHOG

gride216

Quote from: Factual Fiction on January 25, 2007, 08:36:57 pm

That is a FACT..................................so FACT Arkansas could have won 13 games w/o  a passing game.............................

FACT.... players dont even need a coach.. oh wait never mind.. running around in circles.. you guys are good at that.

Factual Fiction

FACT...........running in circles make you dizzy......................

PigKahuna

TransAmHawg

PigKahuna, I guess now that the Nutt gang has run him off it does not matter why? The facts aren't important? You sound like the cop on south park, " Move along people, nothing to see here." No matter what there is to see.   
Just a guess but I'd bet a diet coke,RR bet, that your one of the people who still whine that ALGore won in 2000. That there was no WM-D's. If you don't have the answers to his questions then why post?
You whine about the darksiders but you don't want to debate this. You want to close your eyes to the Mafia style work of the great fearless leader. I for one will never let it go until Frank, Dale and the MSM are removed from power.
  How do you feel about the priest molesting boys? Not my church why should I care?
  Maybe you think thatBush got us into the war but beings we are there and it was his call no one should debate why or how long we should stay.
  My point is it's a free country and this message board is for the free debate of issues. If you don't want to debate this one. Then I'm forced to say," Move along people. There nothing to see, or read here."

Only thing I see that you got wrong is that the HUNH was used kind of in two different series in the USC game once with RoJo and once with MM. Both resulting in a touchdown each. With RoJo as QB and MM. That tells me that it will work even with a wide receiver at QB. Hello, Frank?
  Huggers just hate a good sound debate of facts.
Any takers?
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Factual Fiction

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 08:42:04 pm
Maybe you two should get a chatroom and duke it out.

FACT..............chatrooms will get you in trouble.......................

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Factual Fiction on January 25, 2007, 08:36:57 pm

It's also a FACT that there is more to a passing game then just a QB's talent.  A passing game is successful by scheme as much as it is anything else.
SEE: Texas Tech, BYU, Hawaii, Rice made a transformation from an all run team to a team that could pass in ONE year. These schools have less talent than us yet their QBs somehow are efficient in the passing game and I wil not believe it is because the TTech or Rice QBs are more talented than Dick or Mustain.
Nice try, the QBs are as good as the scheme and offensive game plan.

Frank and Swine

We already have one. His name is Houston Nutt. The HC is responsible for all aspects of the team, not just the offense. He stated after the LSU game, that they hadn't practiced much on fielding punts and maybe they should spend more time on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he coaches the kickers. It was hard to notice improvement there wasn't it?

PigKahuna

Are you attacking me?  I can't tell if you calling me a south park character and a whiner and someone who doesn't care about child molestation is being derogatory....   I think it is.

Factual Fiction

FACT.......our QB's did not pass as good as the guys you listed..........................

Factual Fiction

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 08:45:35 pm
Are you attacking me?  I can't tell if you calling me a south park character and a whiner and someone who doesn't care about child molestation is being derogatory....   I think it is.

FACT.....................I did not join that club with Chef..............................

woodworth

Quote from: TULAWHOG on January 25, 2007, 08:09:31 pm
FACT3: Houston Nutt publicly said that he was turning the offense over to Gus and that Gus would call the plays (not signaling the plays that have been predetermined--logical inference from "turning the offense over to gus")
FACT4: The HUNH was ran sparingly (I believe only once and for a TD w/MM, but this does need to be verified) in the first game and was not ran again.
FACT5: HDN initiated interest in David Lee as a "co-offensive coordinator" and HDN publicly said it was unclear on who would actually call the plays and said something like "could be either" (maybe not an exact quote, but pretty close).
FACT6: HDN expressed the interest in David Lee prior to Malzahn showing any interest in Tulsa.
FACT7: Frank Broyles said that the "experts" say that Malzahn's offense would not work in the SEC.  NOTE: it would later be determined that Frank indicated that he was the expert at a Dallas alumni meeting; however, to my knowledge there was no news/journalist media there so we can only go by what the few people say that attended but their stories were substantively the same.
FACT8: Malzahn leaves for Tulsa, a much less prestigious program than Arkansas and the smallest enrollment of any school in Division 1 football.
FACT10: D. Lee takes over as new O.C. making 2 times Malzahn's salary at $300K/year.
FACT11: HDN was documented in the papers as telling QB Leach when he was recruiting him a couple years ago that he was making the change from D.Lee to someone new (R. Wittke) because he wanted to go back to the "passing offense" he had at Boise.  Leach said that D.Lee leaving was one of the primary reasons he signed with Arkansas.
FACT12: D.Lee said on Drive Time Sports that he would be "calling the plays" but HDN's the head coach and if it is 3rd and 2 and he says "give me a run," he's the coach and I'll give him a run.
FACT13: There is no record that Nutt/Broyles offered Gus anymore money or control of the offense to help keep him at Arkansas.

Now, my questions to those who thinks this is about a guy who just wanted to leave and if he didn't want to be here, he could just go:
1. Why would Nutt or a good coach start looking for a co-offensive coordinator/someone else to call plays when he had the offensive coordinator of the year on staff who hadn't expressed any intention of leaving?

2. Why would you hire a guy to replace the Off. Coordinator of the year with a guy, whom, you fired/released before due to his inadequate knowledge in the passing game, just to hire him again 4 years later to help improve your passing game? 

3.  Why wouldn't you make a incessant effort to keep the Off. Coordinator of the year by offering more money or assurance of calling plays or assurance that his philosophy would be implemented more?

4. How could you not, at least, offer to double his salary to $300K--the same you are paying his replacement?

5. How do you know the HUNH offense would not work at all whenever it was it was tried but only one time?

6.  Do you have any evidence that the running game would suffer or that Felix or McFadden would get less touches?

7. Why would Malzahn leave his Dream Job, for less money and go to a weaker conference with lesser talent to work with and a less prestigious program?

8. In light of these facts and your answer to the aforementioned questions, how can you reasonably deduce that Malzahn was not "forced out" or "railroaded?"

I, like many others, know the answer to these questions, but it would really help some of those who actually question the improprieties of this program, if you (huggers/ardent supporters, whatever) could shed light on these issues.

One other question that I ommitted: Why Hire an offensive coordinator and "turn him loose" with the offense, if you didn't think his offense would work in your conference??

FACTS 3, 5, 6, and 11 are, at least in part, the opposite of facts.

Granny fan

It's about an egomaniac and the fact Gus was "High School."

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Tula, thanks for the post.

My contribution:

FACT: "Ignore" works great with Kahuna.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TransAmHawg

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on January 25, 2007, 08:39:05 pm

Fact:  Gus Malzahn was the first to call David Lee.  How's that grab ya!

To use the great Hugger line. Source? Called for? Link?

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
                             4windshawg

TULAWHOG

Quote from: woodworth on January 25, 2007, 08:47:51 pm

Wrong, he said these things in public and there is evidence of it.  Some of it was on the video Bo Mattingly cut w/the Mustain interview and some was on the news video related to Malzahn's departure and the Leach recruiting was documented in the paper (and it is accessible on the internet) where it quotes nutt and Leach saying these things.

hog caller

i don't think Dmac will win the Heinsman this year. they gave him second so Brady Quinn wouldn't stand a chance to accidentally get enough votes to capsize their choice. Brady will go in the draft before troy does . DMAC didn't have the rushing yards a couple of other backs had this year .plus a couple of Qbs out there are possible top candidates this year also. Adrian pet eresen is still trying to decide if he is coming back next year or not if he does so long Heinsman. i just hope DMac has a good year with no injuries.

gride216

Quote from: woodworth on January 25, 2007, 08:47:51 pm

I don't know.. I think 6 and 11 have even been .. well ok kinda confirmed by Rick Shaffer himself, or at least he was not able to totally dispute them.  I am sure you were listening right?

BTW:  that is just how I heard it on DTS and in no way represents the truth or the interest of Hogville.net or their affiliates, nor does it represent the actual truth as said by anyone on air or in print.

TULAWHOG

I'm not going to quote it all, but those three lines in question to be "facts" can be verified through the media.

tannerspapa

Fact Nutt IS the head coach and Malzahn got run off. Malzahn was forced on him as many of you say, and Frank withdrew his support of Malzahn and sealed GMs doom.

Nutt can run Malzahn off. that is his perogative as HC. Was it stupid, i think so, but only time will tell for sure. He hired David Lee as OC, again that is his perogative. I look for a passing game that is primarily play action, a refined wildcat (incorporate a read) and just a little bit of downfield passing and probably in a desperation mode.

Who knows this RH's third year. We are not far from having the kind of defense that just needs the offense to score two to three touchdowns a game. I am not going to discount these Hogs just yet. We got Louis Campbell, T ROCK and RH , and Bobby allen well they can carry him. Look for improved play next year especially at Linebacker. It will be interesting to see if Hewitt goes back to safety.

For the record i think it was chicken droppings the way the whole Malzahn deal was handed; but whether HDN gets away with it or not will primarily depend on RF donations and season tickets sold followed by next years results.  I will kind of follow Malzahn but he has moved on and we should as well.

Sloppys

Quote from: TULAWHOG on January 25, 2007, 08:33:36 pm
Quote from: Sloppys on January 25, 2007, 08:29:39 pm
Freddy had all of the intentions of being a Razorback, throughout his entire recruiting process until recently.  How do you know that wasn't because of the crap that's going on that started when Malzahn left.  Besides, I was just naming bad things that had happened since his departure, not all are direct consequences of it.  However, those things happened and the Malzahn situation certainly didn't help.
My understanding was that Freddy still wanted to be a Razorback but never met academic requirements.

abraHAM_lincoln

How dare you cloud the issue with facts...???    LOL    Facts only interfear with the 100% emotion driven attitude of the nutthuggers, and their goal of perenial medicrity.

TransAmHawg

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 25, 2007, 08:45:35 pm
Are you attacking me?  I can't tell if you calling me a south park character and a whiner and someone who doesn't care about child molestation is being derogatory....   I think it is.

No you should read closer I said you are like the cop saying that when it's obvious there IS something to see. That it's ok for people to not care about the priest. that I'd bet you were not YOU ARE. It's no wonder you don't want to answer the questions you probably read them wrong.

4windshawg

TULAWHOG

Quote from: tannerspapa on January 25, 2007, 08:59:59 pm
Fact Nutt IS the head coach and Malzahn got run off. Malzahn was forced on him as many of you say, and Frank withdrew his support of Malzahn and sealed GMs doom.

Nutt can run Malzahn off. that is his perogative as HC. Was it stupid, i think so, but only time will tell for sure. He hired David Lee as OC, again that is his perogative. I look for a passing game that is primarily play action, a refined wildcat (incorporate a read) and just a little bit of downfield passing and probably in a desperation mode.

Who knows this RH's third year. We are not far from having the kind of defense that just needs the offense to score two to three touchdowns a game. I am not going to discount these Hogs just yet. We got Louis Campbell, T ROCK and RH , and Bobby allen well they can carry him. Look for improved play next year especially at Linebacker. It will be interesting to see if Hewitt goes back to safety.

For the record i think it was chicken droppings the way the whole Malzahn deal was handed; but whether HDN gets away with it or not will primarily depend on RF donations and season tickets sold followed by next years results.  I will kind of follow Malzahn but he has moved on and we should as well.

Right, but you can't deny that we lost some major collateral issues: Mustain and D. Williams and who knows how many other recruits once Malzahn left and stopped recruiting and they caught wind of this mess.
Our recruiting is horrible this year and there is no excuse for Houston.  We'll see how this move paid off when DMAC and Felix are gone.
Besides, we already lost from the move and continue to do so.  How could D.Lee be anything more than a puppet for Nutt with playcalling? 
Don't you see, Nutt never wanted an off. coordinator and he only got one to appease the fans and get some recruits.  Once he got the recruits and won some games with those players and coordinator, he forces them out so that he can be the coordinator again. 
It's self-serving in the most blatant way and he puts the university and his team/players second.