Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!!

Started by LA HAWG, January 25, 2007, 06:45:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

I just think that with all that is going on with the football program, Stan is getting a free pass this year.  We are freaking 2-4 in the SEC with losses to Ole Miss, Georgia at home and South Carolina.  WTH.  We see now that Bama is WAY overrated.  Oh yeah we beat Marist  ::) Stan Heath is a joke and will never get Arkansas basketball back to where it should be. 

Fire away fourthcrusade.  ;)

Granny fan

JFB can't fire him and not HDN.  According to Nolan there is a different set of standards.

razorhead69

hogfan064

Quote from: Granny fan on January 25, 2007, 06:50:08 am
JFB can't fire him and not HDN.  According to Nolan there is a different set of standards.

Let's see, HDN wins the West and Heath can't win on the road.  I'd say we got plenty reason to fire Heath at this point.

Hoggy Potter

5-35 in SEC road games says it all.  I couldn't believe that stat when I saw it on the news.  Just awful!!

Just Play to Win Baby!!!

hogfan064

Quote from: Hoggy Potter on January 25, 2007, 06:58:40 am
5-35 in SEC road games says it all.  I couldn't believe that stat when I saw it on the news.  Just awful!!

The "We can't fire Heath unless we fire Nutt" arguement has grown old.  Noone and I mean noone in the SEC would put up with 5-35.  We all know he's not getting the job done.  We all know he never will.  If we all know this then why keep him.  Take Nutt completely out of your mind and you'll find the truth about Heath somewhere in the back.

Granny fan

I agree that Heath does need to go.  The only reason I think he hasn't is the accusation that Nolan made.

hogfan064

Quote from: Granny fan on January 25, 2007, 07:08:11 am
I agree that Heath does need to go.  The only reason I think he hasn't is the accusation that Nolan made.

The problem with that accusation is that Arkansas has had nothing but black coaches for nearly 25 years now.   Some schools have yet to hire a black coach in any sport!!

zebra

clifflee4mvp

Get Heath outta here! No consistency. No progress. No ability to win on the road. No ability to make it to the tourney and when he does he loses in the first round to Bucknell. He's got about 100 juniors this year. All of which are very talented in their own ways and he can't seem to find the right mix to win. It's pathetic.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Shaddox

It's okay we can't hire good coaches here at Arkansas...We don't have the budget for that...

jbakr428

The basketball team has so much talent that is wasted.   Stan does a bad job of keeping them focused and intense from game to game.  All the blame falls on him.

davis01

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 25, 2007, 06:45:15 am
I just think that with all that is going on with the football program, Stan is getting a free pass this year.  We are freaking 2-4 in the SEC with losses to Ole Miss, Georgia at home and South Carolina.  WTH.  We see now that Bama is WAY overrated.  Oh yeah we beat Marist  ::) Stan Heath is a joke and will never get Arkansas basketball back to where it should be. 

You can't fire Stan if you don't fire Houston.

TMc

You have to move on Heath.. he can't get it done.. This is the firing everyone should be obsessing over.

hogfan064

Quote from: davis01 on January 25, 2007, 08:20:53 am
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 25, 2007, 06:45:15 am

You can't fire Stan if you don't fire Houston.

It truly is sad that Hog basketball has come to the point that we can't even fire a guy for doing a poor job.

It's even more sad that in America you can't fire a man who's doing a poor job because he's black.

clew

Broyles
              /         \
          Nutt       Heath

The Axis of Evil...Destructors of Razorback Athletics
Pure as the dawn

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on January 25, 2007, 08:22:50 am

They have to be counting the SEC tournament or something.  We play 8 road SEC games per year.  That would make 32 and now we've played three this year.  Someone has their record wrong.

Did they mean 5 losses out of 35 attempts?
Horrible, no matter how you slice it.

The bad thing is this team is so freaking close to being really good. They just can't get over the hump

mattfromhuntsville

Mentally weak coach ='s meantally weak team

hogfan064

They have to be counting the SEC tournament or something.  We play 8 road SEC games per year.  That would make 32 and now we've played three this year.  Someone has their record wrong.

I think they are including all road games, not just SEC games.  So the Texas game for instance would count as a "L"  I might be wrong on this and I'm to lazy to look it up. 

What does that say about me that I'm to lazy to dial up a web address and look this up? 

razorpimp

Where is fourthcrusade?

His avatar has HDN's playbook as a tecmo bowl screen, but says we will definitely go 10-6 and possibly 11-5 in the SEC....he always attacks Houston Nutt but stands up for Stanley. 

Heath is terrible, maybe he can be a camp counselor at a fat camp or something since he is such a nice guy, please just leave!

TRUHOG718

January 25, 2007, 08:32:08 am #21 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:34:27 am by TRUHOG718
While I cannot defend Heath I will say this. I fault Heath for not getting our guys to play with fire every night. He sets double standars for players and will allow players like Weems to learn on the job despite his horrod play at times but will not let Michael Washington to do the same. That could be why we dont play hard at times because noone is scared of losing their starting job for more than 2 minutes. Win or lose if you play hungry every night I can accept that. But Ive been a Hog fan forever and we never had a problem with our guys playing hard even when we sucked.

As a coach you have to instill that passion into your players by any means necessary or bench them. It may be to late in the season now to make drastic changes and some of this could have been nipped in the butt months ago. What I will not ever fault Heath for is game preparation. We know, the team and the coaches know our achilles heal is turnovers. Now if Weems and Ervin cannot handle the heat get them out the kitchen because they only seem to respond after being benched.

WIll the real Sonny please stand up
This may come as a suprise to most but I am at wits end not with Ervin but Weems. Half of the time hes out there hes asking for an alley oop or shooting threes. He plays sub-par defense and stands around during the motion offense more than anything else. Hes good for  5 minutes and then disappears for 10 and plays like a walkon during his bad stretches. I think the problem is Weems let that juco player of the year thing go to his head and is being exposed.
Wake up its not Heaths fault, we do not have a deep a bench as everyone thought and question I ask is when will we get this turnover thing corrected. If ever. HEath has some more to learn about igniting the fire in his players but I would not fire him this year. There still is a lot of basketball ye to be played. WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

litmachog

Ole Miss and South Carolina have a combined 3 conference wins and two of those are against us.  We were boasting about out two BIG WINS in conference and both of those teams are 2 & 3.  That's not too impressive to me.

jbakr428

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 25, 2007, 08:30:12 am

I think they are including all road games, not just SEC games.  So the Texas game for instance would count as a "L"  I might be wrong on this and I'm to lazy to look it up. 

What does that say about me that I'm to lazy to dial up a web address and look this up? 
they may be including the tourney

Hoggy Potter

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 25, 2007, 08:30:12 am

That is SEC ONLY!!
Just Play to Win Baby!!!

Barman91

There is simply no excuse for the state of our basketball program.  I struggle to think of any other program that has won a national title and, then, disappeared from the national scene.  Incredible.  What a free fall in the relatively short period of 12 years!  BOBBY!!!!  COME TO US!!!!!!!!  HAPPINESS IS LUBBOCK IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR!!

gduchar

maybe heath could beg antonio gates to come back and play for him again...if not he needs to be gone.

HogHillbilly

Heath is getting another free pass because of the Nolan mess................

Can you really fire Heath now after all this HDN mess ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Holy City Hog

January 25, 2007, 03:05:24 pm #28 Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 03:09:19 pm by Rookie
Unfortunately I witnessed that sad excuse for a basketball game last night in Columbia. The coaches can say all they want about how tough it is to win road games in the SEC, but it's a total fabrication in this case. There were, at most 5,000 in attendance last night. Of that group 50% were at least +65 years old. At first I thought I was at Luby's Cafeteria. At one point I could hear the old man two rows behind me snooring. I'm not kidding. With 5 mins to play the old man a few seats over (there were plenty to stretch out in) leans in & says, "We (USC) are awful, but you guys (Ark) play to the level of the competition." Well said Gramps.

seqco

Heath won with someone elses players at Kent State in 01-02' season and got the job from one run to the Elite 8, I questioned it when it happened. I guess I was right he can't do it at a great program like Arkansas who deserves better. I agree weak coach = weak players = mediocre team = FIRED!

hogmary

Who else did Ole Miss beat?  I thought they and USC were each 1-4 with the only victories for each against us.  Five and 35 on the road in the SEC is a firing offense in itself. 
I could not believe that Chuck Barrett said something on the radio this morning that I agreed with (rather, he agreed with me)...these players still don't get the motion offense, even after being schooled in it for a year and 1/2...they play better, make better decisions, make fewer turnovers and actually enjoy the game when they are playing a transition game.  Sonny Weems is made for running.  He is like Landis Williams was years ago.  He is a gazelle when they are running, but lost when they are playing a half court game.
Patrick Beverly and Charles Thomas are the only ones who seem to get the motion in the motion offense.   They keep making the same mistakes over and over and Heath keeps making the same excuses over and over...they're immature, they don't understand what it's like to play on the road in the SEC, we have so many new players.  Our starters are all juniors except Beverly.  Weems played in JC.  Ervin played 2 years at MSU (did they not play on the road in the SEC, Stan?), the others have been playing on this 5-35 team.  I think that Heath is the one who doesn't understand what it takes to win on the road in the SEC. 
We have experience and talent.  What we don't have is coaching.  I love the difference in defense that Cyprien has made and that Beverly loves playing defense. 
When we called a time out with 13 seconds left on the shot clock late in the game, I said I hoped Heath realized there were only 13 seconds left and reminded the team.  Of course not...same old same old...passed the ball around and threw up a wild shot as the shot clock expired.  And please, keep your word, Heath...keep the ball out of Gary Ervin's hands at the end of a close game. 
Even Mike Nail and Rick "Sunshine" Schaeffer seemed disgusted with the play of the team last night.  I don't think the problem is that the players don't care, I think that it's the fact that they are not getting the right direction from their coach. 
Van Horn said recently that it was possible to overcoach players and that with the talent he has this year, he is going to have be careful not to do that. He wants to get them ready and turn them loose.  When Weems got here, it was obvious that he was thinking about what he was supposed to be doing rather than just playing.   
LSU and Bama were both overrated when we beat them...the SEC West is no good this year.  Even in Coach Richardson's worst years, we beat teams like Bama and Auburn at home when they were legitimately ranked in the top 5...and we owned LSU.  Ole Miss has always been a tough road game for us...noticed that their coach didn't have to be educated about the rivalry with Arkansas...he read up on it himself.  I still don't think Heath understands the SEC and if he can't get it after 4 1/2 years, he's not going to.

stronguard

I have been singing this song for three years now.  I am sick of all the TOOLS who support our loser head coach.

STANLEY is a tool....

STANLEY must go.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

sickle

You ,people love him when the TEAM wins,but want to fire him when the TEAM loses.

Albert Einswine

Let's all settle down a little bit and focus!  Houston Nutt has seniority and therefore should be fired first,  then we can fire Stan.

Keep this in order people!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Richard_white

Quote from: sickle on January 25, 2007, 04:50:27 pm
You ,people love him when the TEAM wins,but want to fire him when the TEAM loses.

That is the way it goes.

Fans support a winning coach.  I don't care how he represents the University.  If he doesn't win get rid of his butt.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 25, 2007, 07:01:08 am

The "We can't fire Heath unless we fire Nutt" arguement has grown old.  Noone and I mean noone in the SEC would put up with 5-35.  We all know he's not getting the job done.  We all know he never will.  If we all know this then why keep him.  Take Nutt completely out of your mind and you'll find the truth about Heath somewhere in the back.

No one and I MEAN NO ONE in the SEC would put up with Nutt, either.  SEC West Division Champion not withstanding. 

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

HOG_INSURANCE

Thats just it, the team doesnt win, and we have not even come close to sniffing a championship....Of ANY kind!!!
Thank goodness my N.O. Saints are winning!

stronguard

No no no Tool.....this poster hasn't given love to STANLEY for 3 years or so.  I said that I could live with the effort that was given at the Bama and Florida games but I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting that.  No love for STANLEY here, just vitrol and contempt. 

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

deucea729

Not gonna happen as long as HDN has a job.  How could JFB possibly explain that one?

On second thought, that might get him in huge trouble and knock him out of power.  But I don't think we want to deal with the black eye our beloved university would have to take for years with the specter of racial tension.

HogSophist

Can you really fire a guy that has "improved" every year as the Head basketball coach, if you do not fire the head football coach for this record......

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy (gust of wind)
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

stronguard

STANLEY, NuttyBuddy, and Frank-enstein, must go......is that better?

UAfan

I really don't think Stan is the problem.  We have seen how good these guys can be and Stan has coached some very good games this year.  You can't coach intensity and that is what Arkansas has lacked in their losses.

MaconBacon

That's just what we need.........3 BB head coaches on the payroll and only one actually coaching.

Porkem

Amen brutha.  Let's fire em all.  5-35 says it all.  Did you hear the quote in the paper where he said "We're immature."  Can you believe this guy? IF JFB, who likes to pull the trigger, won't... what will that say about his handling of things on the hill?
Regarding the Nolan standards, I say bulls**t.  AD for life canned Danny Ford with the quote, "Mediocrity will not be tolerated."  Then apply the same standard to Heath.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Razorback88

I'm sick of Heath.  He can't win consistently.  But....

Don't give up on this year.  The SEC West is awful and there's a good chance we'll be tied for 1st after Saturday.  There's a lot of time left.

ICEman

I can only account for 3 road SEC wins during Stan's 4 1/2 years at the helm of the BBacks.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Since 1894

Hasn't he won 5 road games??

He will be cut in order to give HDN some coverage - IMHO,
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Pigskin_Porker

5 - 35 = unacceptable pattern of losing that has become habitual and possibly irreversible without a new coach!!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

The Truth

Quote from: Rookie on January 25, 2007, 03:05:24 pm
Unfortunately I witnessed that sad excuse for a basketball game last night in Columbia. The coaches can say all they want about how tough it is to win road games in the SEC, but it's a total fabrication in this case. There were, at most 5,000 in attendance last night. Of that group 50% were at least +65 years old. At first I thought I was at Luby's Cafeteria. At one point I could hear the old man two rows behind me snooring. I'm not kidding. With 5 mins to play the old man a few seats over (there were plenty to stretch out in) leans in & says, "We (USC) are awful, but you guys (Ark) play to the level of the competition." Well said Gramps.

Hilarious and dead on.

1-4 in our last 5 games, with our only win against a hugely overrated LSU team that just lost by 11 to Vandy AT HOME.

Arkansas is one of the worst teams in the SEC.

The Truth hurts.
The Truth hurts.

softballguy8

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 25, 2007, 07:01:08 am

The "We can't fire Heath unless we fire Nutt" argument has grown old.  No one and I mean noone in the SEC would put up with 5-35.  We all know he's not getting the job done.  We all know he never will.  If we all know this then why keep him.  Take Nutt completely out of your mind and you'll find the truth about Heath somewhere in the back.

I think it's time to use the "Huggers" argument against them. Nutt has been to bowl games in 7 of 9 years. Heath is 5-35 on the road, and been to the NCAA's 1 in 5. And it appears it'll be 1 in 6 this year. Nutt sucks, but Heath is worst than Nutt.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!