Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe McKnight..

Started by dotnet, December 15, 2006, 11:23:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG RED UMP

he made the USA Today all american team in today's paper........does not list Arkansas as among
his favorites...FWIW
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

oswilliams

yraciv

watched him on cox sports tonight! Looked very impressive leading his team to a state championship, but got injured late after carrying two piles of 3 or 4 players for a 9 yard gain.

kkparks_3

Maybe we should recruit his girlfriend.  ;D
Go Hogs !!!

diehardrbackfan

December 28, 2006, 01:40:29 pm #54 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:10:13 pm by diehardrbackfan

TX HOG

I bet we could find him one  :)

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Joe McKnight is scheduled to visit Arkansas on February 2, 2007. That is big time in my opinion. He is giving us the last shot at getting him! If we can WOW him on that weekend then he is ours, without a doubt. This could be huge, guys and gals! First, we have to take care of Wisconsin, and do it impressively, in my opinion. Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

HighonSwine

Quote - "I like how Arkansas uses 2 running backs."  We have a shot if the visit holds up.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Correct you are! If the visit does go down as planned, we have a very good shot at him. The fact that he is still considering us is extremely promising. That means he is thinking about being on the team and he wants to see what it is like being with the team. D-Mac and Felix, along with Mitch and Ben, throw in London Crawford as well, they need to do a number on Joe. If we do not throw everything at this young man, well.....Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Hog Fan from Camden

I've had my doubts about us even having a chance at Joe.  Things are really looking up!  Don't let the Nutt near him.  Maybe on his way out, let him say Hi!   ;)

gopigsgo

Tammany Tom

Quote from: uglyuncle on December 25, 2006, 08:40:58 pm
Look, I don't know you, and I know you don't know me.  You might not want to talk so much until you know who it is you are talking to.

Unless something has changed in the last few days, he (by he I mean Joe McKnight himself) said that he was going to USC.  I know that is what HE said.  My source isn't as good as YOUR OPINION, but he did personally tell my nephew (a good friend of his) that he was going to USC.  This isn't one of those "told nephew's friends, cousin, Aunts, brother, blah blah blah..."  So, I am just going on what HE personally said just days ago to a buddy of his.

But, you are right, I haven't talked to you personally about it...nor have I talked to the Rivals guys about it.  So, maybe I don't know what I am talking about. 

So, I say again, unless something changed on his trip to USC he has every intention of going to USC.

How in the world you got that I was trying to stir up trouble or be negative is beyond me.  How was anything that I said being negative?

Go back and read my post.  I rarely if ever state anything emphatically.  I don't have just a load of sources...but this one is about as good as it gets.  If he has changed his mind so be it.  It still doesn't change what I said...I'll say it again so you don't misinterpret me..."UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGED ON HIS TRIP OUT THERE, HE HAS EVERY INTENTION OF BEING A TROJAN."

I don't cause trouble on here...I don't call people out on here.  You should maybe try to act the same.

I don't know who your sources are, but we have numerous sources down here and no one, not even Joe McKnight, himself knows where he is going as of today. We do, however, have several people that are extremely reliable in their information that believe that in the end McKnight will choose LSU. I have a couple of sources, one being my next door neighbor who played at Curtis and is a very good friend of J.T. Curtis. He says that McKnight is not showing any favorite right now. However, know this: Curtis grads have always waited to the end to announce where they are going and Curtis has been very, very good to LSU.

What we do know as fact is this: McKnight has set visits for Ole Miss on January 12th, USC on January 19th, and LSU on January 26th. He is seriously considering a visit to Arkansas on February 2nd. He had set up a visit to Notre Dame, but has decided against that.

It was presumed at one time that McKnight was heading to USC, but several things have changed and it doesn't appear right now that McKnight is leaning in that direction. We hope that he stays home, but right now nobody knows where Joe is going to play next year.

dotnet

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 28, 2006, 06:44:34 pm
Look, I don't know you, and I know you don't know me.  You might not want to talk so much until you know who it is you are talking to.

Unless something has changed in the last few days, he (by he I mean Joe McKnight himself) said that he was going to USC.  I know that is what HE said.  My source isn't as good as YOUR OPINION, but he did personally tell my nephew (a good friend of his) that he was going to USC.  This isn't one of those "told nephew's friends, cousin, Aunts, brother, blah blah blah..."  So, I am just going on what HE personally said just days ago to a buddy of his.

But, you are right, I haven't talked to you personally about it...nor have I talked to the Rivals guys about it.  So, maybe I don't know what I am talking about. 

So, I say again, unless something changed on his trip to USC he has every intention of going to USC.

How in the world you got that I was trying to stir up trouble or be negative is beyond me.  How was anything that I said being negative?

Go back and read my post.  I rarely if ever state anything emphatically.  I don't have just a load of sources...but this one is about as good as it gets.  If he has changed his mind so be it.  It still doesn't change what I said...I'll say it again so you don't misinterpret me..."UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGED ON HIS TRIP OUT THERE, HE HAS EVERY INTENTION OF BEING A TROJAN."

I don't cause trouble on here...I don't call people out on here.  You should maybe try to act the same.

I don't know who your sources are, but we have numerous sources down here and no one, not even Joe McKnight, himself knows where he is going as of today. We do, however, have several people that are extremely reliable in their information that believe that in the end McKnight will choose LSU. I have a couple of sources, one being my next door neighbor who played at Curtis and is a very good friend of J.T. Curtis. He says that McKnight is not showing any favorite right now. However, know this: Curtis grads have always waited to the end to announce where they are going and Curtis has been very, very good to LSU.

What we do know as fact is this: McKnight has set visits for Ole Miss on January 12th, USC on January 19th, and LSU on January 26th. He is seriously considering a visit to Arkansas on February 2nd. He had set up a visit to Notre Dame, but has decided against that.

It was presumed at one time that McKnight was heading to USC, but several things have changed and it doesn't appear right now that McKnight is leaning in that direction. We hope that he stays home, but right now nobody knows where Joe is going to play next year.

Brantly, the number two qb in the nation, had been committed to Texas since the summer.  When he took his visit to Texas (he is from Florida), he realized that it was too far away from home for him.  He is now committed to Urban Meyer.  A lot of things can change.

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

jpghog

I think we have a shot at him.  I think we have a shot at anyone who is visiting.  Let me start by saying I have lived in Arkansas my whole life, and I would not want to live anywhere else, but I do not think there are that many people out there who would waste an official visit to see Arkansas.  If they are just trying to get a free trip, they'll go to Miami, SC, ND or some place like that. 

Ugly Uncle

I hope you are correct.  As I say, my info is a few days old...but I do know that not long ago he WAS saying USC.  Ill try to get my nephew to call him to see which way the wind is blowing today.
Retired Radio Host

Hugehogsfan

I see that Rivals is showing us on top of his list, now I know that doesn't mean squat, but at least we are in the hunt.  LET GUS TALK TO HIM!!!  I am just happy that the #1 back is at least giving us a chance. 

501Ben

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on December 29, 2006, 05:02:20 pm
I see that Rivals is showing us on top of his list, now I know that doesn't mean squat, but at least we are in the hunt.  LET GUS TALK TO HIM!!!  I am just happy that the #1 back is at least giving us a chance. 

They list in alphabetical order when the teams receive the same interest. He has Arkansas, USC, LSU, and Ole Miss all with medium interest.

Hawgballz

Quote from: 501Ben on December 29, 2006, 06:54:05 pm
Quote from: Hugehogsfan on December 29, 2006, 05:02:20 pm

They list in alphabetical order when the teams receive the same interest. He has Arkansas, USC, LSU, and Ole Miss all with medium interest.

Yea, but we get the last visit on Feb. 2nd just 5 days before signing day.  WOW, what a finish that would be if DMac, Felix & the coaching staff could pull this young man into the fold.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

mbgrulz

i just hope he doesnt get fed up with the whole process and committ before the visit.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: imtad16 on December 24, 2006, 03:44:08 pm
Heres the deal Ungly uncle if you didn't hear or notice the Host of rivals radio who has a lot of insight and sources says Joe McKnight probably wont go to USC. Just face it you dont know what your talking about. A guy who knows whats up says he isn't going to usc. And you(ungly uncle) for some reason think he is going there. I don't know where he will go, but I do know that USC has 4 phenomenal freshman running backs and already have a commitment from another top ten running back Marc Tyler as well as Broderick Green. By my count that is 6 good running backs, while McKnights other schools don't have near the log jam at his position, the others might have upper classmen at RB, but not 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen. But hey what do I know or what do the qualified experts know who say he is leaning away from USC at this point. Ugly Uncle you know what I can't stand? When people make ridiculously bold predictions with no real factual basis behind them. And I know all you really wanted to do was be negative in some way.
Hmm, been wrong much lately?  I think you might just owe your Uncle an apology.  But I bet he doesn't get it...

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 28, 2006, 06:44:34 pm

Looks like Ugly did.  Ready to apologize yet?