Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JR and Henry see it a Bama win

Started by Jim Harris, September 21, 2006, 11:54:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Hogg

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 01:26:32 pm
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 21, 2006, 01:23:03 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 01:18:37 pm
I read through most of it, but truthfully I got bored with it. Sounded like the same ole same ole that I hear from other HDN bashers. Infatutated more with the dislike they have for the coach, than their expectations for a pretty good team.  It was a little more veiled, but you could still see and hear their agenda.  The agenda, IMO, wasn't to discuss the Alabama game, but how HDN is not a good coach.  Again, same ole, same ole!
Can you dispute any of the facts that they mentioned?  Facts don't have an agenda, they are what they are.  Why don't you posts some facts that show that HDN IS a good coach instead of just dismissing the entire article because the writers disagree with your take on HDN?  If this bores you, then you must really hate the same old sunshine that they pump form the hill.  Its not only repetitive, but false. 

Can you dispute the fact that I didn't say that I thought HDN was a good coach?  You assumed because I don't get into bashing him that I think he is a good coach.  I said I am bored with the bashing, and for that matter, even talking about him, and would rather talk about the Arkansas Razorback football team. I dismissed the article, not because I necessarily disagreed with it, but I've heard everything that was in the article over and over again. 

It is nearly impossible to talk about the Razorback football team without commenting on the poor job the coaching staff has done for the last 8 years.  It is the at the core of all of the team's problems.  My only hope is that the new guys on the staff can get it done because the msm have proven that they can't. 

As for an agenda, I think the nuttsucker side has had a monopoly on that for several years now.  It's about time someone in the media had an agenda to point out what's wrong instead of the agenda to keep nutt employed.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: JD Hogg on September 21, 2006, 02:28:37 pm
I read through most of it, but truthfully I got bored with it. Sounded like the same ole same ole that I hear from other HDN bashers. Infatutated more with the dislike they have for the coach, than their expectations for a pretty good team.  It was a little more veiled, but you could still see and hear their agenda.  The agenda, IMO, wasn't to discuss the Alabama game, but how HDN is not a good coach.  Again, same ole, same ole!
Can you dispute any of the facts that they mentioned?  Facts don't have an agenda, they are what they are.  Why don't you posts some facts that show that HDN IS a good coach instead of just dismissing the entire article because the writers disagree with your take on HDN?  If this bores you, then you must really hate the same old sunshine that they pump form the hill.  Its not only repetitive, but false. 

Can you dispute the fact that I didn't say that I thought HDN was a good coach?  You assumed because I don't get into bashing him that I think he is a good coach.  I said I am bored with the bashing, and for that matter, even talking about him, and would rather talk about the Arkansas Razorback football team. I dismissed the article, not because I necessarily disagreed with it, but I've heard everything that was in the article over and over again. 

It is nearly impossible to talk about the Razorback football team without commenting on the poor job the coaching staff has done for the last 8 years.  It is the at the core of all of the team's problems.  My only hope is that the new guys on the staff can get it done because the msm have proven that they can't. 

As for an agenda, I think the nuttsucker side has had a monopoly on that for several years now.  It's about time someone in the media had an agenda to point out what's wrong instead of the agenda to keep nutt employed.

You have the right to appreciate bashing as much as I have the right to dislike it!  No argument here.

007 License To Squeal

September 21, 2006, 02:33:49 pm #52 Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 02:36:03 pm by 007 License To Squeal
Quote from: jdhoover on September 21, 2006, 02:16:43 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 21, 2006, 01:21:57 pm
Quote from: jdhoover on September 21, 2006, 01:19:51 pm
Th
Quote from: mtpockets on September 21, 2006, 12:24:37 pm
One of the best articles I have read about this team.  I truly feel that Jr. and Henry have tapped the pulse of Hog Nation.

The might have the pulse of Hogville, but not Hog Nation.  Like it or not most fans do not want HDN fired.

There is absolutely NO way you could know that. Here's one thing I can prove:  Every week, more fans are turning to the "darkside".

You are wrong.  More fans are not going to the darkside.  What will you do when the Hogs go 8-4 this year.  You "Darksiders" can cry for a few more years and say "He did just enough to keep his job in 2006".  If you spend more time supporting the Hogs and less time finding reasons to hate, your life will be better.

Just my opinion.

Actually, there are several posters on this board who have "turned" within just the last few weeks.
And by the way, it's not hate that makes us a thorn in Nutt's sack, it's our love of OUR program.  Some of us don't like seeing Nutt drag the entire FB program down.

Do you really think the 32-34 SEC record is good enough to keep Nutt around?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

tobs54

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 21, 2006, 02:33:49 pm
Th
One of the best articles I have read about this team.  I truly feel that Jr. and Henry have tapped the pulse of Hog Nation.

The might have the pulse of Hogville, but not Hog Nation.  Like it or not most fans do not want HDN fired.

There is absolutely NO way you could know that. Here's one thing I can prove:  Every week, more fans are turning to the "darkside".

You are wrong.  More fans are not going to the darkside.  What will you do when the Hogs go 8-4 this year.  You "Darksiders" can cry for a few more years and say "He did just enough to keep his job in 2006".  If you spend more time supporting the Hogs and less time finding reasons to hate, your life will be better.

Just my opinion.

Actually, there are several posters on this board who have "turned" within just the last few weeks.
And by the way, it's not hate that makes us a thorn in Nutt's sack, it's our love of OUR program.  Some of us don't like seeing Nutt drag the entire FB program down.

I assume that you also blame NUTT for the lack luster performance of the basketball team the last few years as well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: joedirt on September 21, 2006, 01:35:51 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 21, 2006, 01:32:20 pm
Quote from: tobs54 on September 21, 2006, 01:29:03 pm
A loss to anybody is disappointing, or else we aren't real fans.

No that's semantics.  I mean it would be underperformance.  This Alabama team should not be able to come to Fayetteville and beat us.  They are not good.

Biggus, I graduated from Sheridan.  The words you are using are too complicated for me.

IF you really did graduate from Sheridan (that's an oxymoron isn't it?) your name is dead on perfect. Although, I bet there are a lot of Joe Dirt's from those parts.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

joedirt

Yeah, and from what I hear, Memphis is a tropical paradise.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: joedirt on September 21, 2006, 01:35:51 pm

I graduated from Sheridan. 

Ms. 007 and I spent our first night as a married couple in Sheridan over 34 years ago.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: opineonswine on September 21, 2006, 03:02:38 pm

Funny.  Facts are facts. 

You're right about agendas.  There are two in Arkansas right now.  There is one by the huggers to turn every questioning of the failures of HDN into a personal vendetta against "their man".  Of all the nerve....he's Houston Nutt.  He's a sorry football coach.

Then there is the agenda of the darksiders who are sick and tired of losing and NOTHING Houston Nutt can do, maybe not even winning, is going to de-rail their agenda of getting rid of him.

The problem is there is a significant % of the population that is of the darksider bent, for whatever reason.  And because of that, we have a sharply divided program where the head coach has lost the confidence of the majority of fans. 

Time for a change when you lose a big portion of your constituency.

That is the best summation I've seen yet.  +1 for you!

WestMemphisHogFan

Funny.  Facts are facts. 

You're right about agendas.  There are two in Arkansas right now.  There is one by the huggers to turn every questioning of the failures of HDN into a personal vendetta against "their man".  Of all the nerve....he's Houston Nutt.  He's a sorry football coach.

Then there is the agenda of the darksiders who are sick and tired of losing and NOTHING Houston Nutt can do, maybe not even winning, is going to de-rail their agenda of getting rid of him.

The problem is there is a significant % of the population that is of the darksider bent, for whatever reason.  And because of that, we have a sharply divided program where the head coach has lost the confidence of the majority of fans. 

Where did I mention that I support HDN?  So we have digressed to the point where if you do not bash HDN or not like bashing he is deemed "YOUR MAN"?  I only said I was bored with the bashing.

Your post did make sense about the two agendas.  But I honestly do not think that at this moment I fit in either one.  I would not say that HDN is my man.  I have said for months that I am going to see how this season plays out.  Nor am I ready to say that nothing HDN or the team does will cause me to not want to get rid of him. 

Some people are so ready to get rid of HDN, that they jump on anyone that doesn't bash him.  I am not going to bash him, nor anyone for that matter, but my lack of bashing does not mean anyone knows my stance. 

little hog

Give me a break!!!  Nutt is a terrible coach.

Quote from: joedirt on September 21, 2006, 01:14:07 pm
Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 21, 2006, 12:54:49 pm
Quote from: joedirt on September 21, 2006, 12:25:58 pm
When are people going to get off of Houston's "I called that play" comment?  He was poking fun at himself.  Anyone with half a brain can see that.  Talk about beating a dead horse.....damn!

I can tell you exactly when people are going quit talking about Nutt's infamous "I called that play, brutha" statement.

People will quit talking about that comment only when and if the Hogs quit being a mediocre team under the "leadership" of HDN.

If the Hogs beat Auburn at Auburn, and go to a major bowl game this season, people will stop talking about what HDN says and how he acts after wins over equally-lousy teams.

Until the Hogs show something on the field under HDN, his comments and antics will continue to be talked about because, quite frankly, those comments and antics are more interesting than the mediocre brand of football that's been put onto the field for a long, long time.........

You asked when.....and that's when.........

oldbooniehog

Seems to me that some darksiders are scared that the Hogs are showing a little improvement this year and are hanging on to comments made by Houston LAST YEAR.  Maybe I put it wrong saying he was poking fun at himself, but he was just dishing back what had been served to him  and it made the darksiders cry......for going on a year now!

007 License To Squeal

The Hogs have shown little improvement is right!

little hog

Funny.  Facts are facts. 

Great post!  +1

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: opineonswine on September 21, 2006, 03:21:45 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 03:11:45 pm

Funny.  Facts are facts. 

Where did I mention that I support HDN?  So we have digressed to the point where if you do not bash HDN or not like bashing he is deemed "YOUR MAN"?  I only said I was bored with the bashing.

Your post did make sense about the two agendas.  But I honestly do not think that at this moment I fit in either one.  I would not say that HDN is my man.  I have said for months that I am going to see how this season plays out.  Nor am I ready to say that nothing HDN or the team does will cause me to not want to get rid of him. 

Some people are so ready to get rid of HDN, that they jump on anyone that doesn't bash him.  I am not going to bash him, nor anyone for that matter, but my lack of bashing does not mean anyone knows my stance. 

Where did I mention I thought you were a hugger?  I was merely addressing your criticism of the article.  I see it as symtomatic of a growing part of the Hog constituency.  I didn't view it as "dislike for the coach".  Who cares whether he's liked or not...that's not the issue.  The fact that we are not progressing, and in fact regressing, in our quest to be a competitive college football program is the issue.  And, as I said, the facts are the facts.  J.R. and Henry were presenting facts that some people want to ignore.

You are right.  You didn't say you thought I was a hugger.  There could have been a veiled insinuation  ;D, but I apologize. 

I do not believe that we are progressing the way that we need to.  But we are 2-1 this year.  Did anyone with realistic expectations expect us to be anything but that right now?  I am excited about the year, and will wait until the end of 2006 to see if the changes that were made in the coaching makes a difference in our record.  Then I will make up my mind. We have not looked sharp in the two wins, but I expect a break out game this week against Alabama.

joedirt

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 21, 2006, 03:20:31 pm
The Hogs have shown little improvement is right!

A little improvement, not little improvement (although not MUCH improvement).

I quit.....

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 03:26:01 pm
.....but I expect a break out game this week against Alabama.

Are you Houston Nutt?  For 2 weeks in a row he has said, "I think we can really take off now".  Your statement  sounds a lot like NuttSpeak to me.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 21, 2006, 03:29:39 pm

Are you Houston Nutt?  For 2 weeks in a row he has said, "I think we can really take off now".  Your statement  sounds a lot like NuttSpeak to me.

Nope, not HDN.  Wouldn't mind making his 1.5 though.  Just a fan that still has my hopes up. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: joedirt on September 21, 2006, 02:56:13 pm
Yeah, and from what I hear, Memphis is a tropical paradise.

It is, compared to Sheridan.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 03:34:40 pm

Nope, not HDN.  Wouldn't mind making his 1.5 though.  Just a fan that still has my hopes up. 

I was kidding....I'll be in the upper deck Saturday cheering for the Hogs to win.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 21, 2006, 03:37:53 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 03:34:40 pm

I was kidding....I'll be in the upper deck Saturday cheering for the Hogs to win.

My tickets are up there also! Best seats in the house!

DoubleJ

True.  I think what he's implying (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) is that it isn't a great article simply because it looks like they got on here and printed what everyone here has been saying for quite a long time.

leavenworth1

September 21, 2006, 04:07:45 pm #71 Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:09:49 pm by leavenworth1
 Hog In Memphis: "I've been saying literally for years that Nutt peter-principled himself when he came to U of A. He was under-qualified but sold the "committee" ( a horrible way to hire a head coach) with his energy. By the way, energy and $1 will get you an Egg McMuffin.

His skills have not improved with on the job training as evidenced by his two worst seasons being his past 2 seasons. After 8 years, we're worse than we were when he got here in '98."

Me:
Wow, I actually completely agree with Hog In Memphis.  In a related matter, the reason the "I called that play BROTHA" comment enraged so many people is that you'll never hear the reverse of that: "That was my mistake, I cost the team with that play call".  Never.

Sorry, I screwed the "quote" function up. 

Dugann

good read, don't' see many Arkansas media folks tell it how they really see it. i enjoyed that read thanks for posting it. I do hope however they are wrong on their predictions of the game Saturday. :P

Arkansas 21 Alabama 17  Forrest Gump will not be returning kick offs for Alabama, and lets just hope Reggie's boys show up! go hogs!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

WhenPigsFly

September 21, 2006, 06:14:18 pm #73 Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:19:04 pm by WhenPigsFly
Sorry to beat this dead horse a little more, but ANYONE who actually HEARD the comment knows HDN was NOT making fun of himself.  The full quote was "It was a called play, Chuck....AND I CALLED IT!.....AND I MADE A LOT OF GOOD CALLS TODAY, BROTHA!!!....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"   The caps indicate when he was SHOUTING. He was not being self-deprecating, he was definitely gloating.  One week earlier in a newspaper article, he was quoted as saying playcalling is overrated.  You make the call.

By the way, if this was a one time thing, most of us would have forgotten it by now.

jdhoover

Th

Just my opinion.

And I have also had fans agree to my one request to let this season play out.  You were told there would be two bad years.  Up to that point, HDN was 20 games over .500 overall and had a winning record in the SEC.  He could have left the UofA high and dry with these two bad years coming and went to Nebraska.  He was convinced by UA to stay and was guaranteed that the next two years would not cost him his job.  Everyone knew that.  Since then he has had 3 solid recruiting years.  If the Razorbacks are anything less and 8-4 this year, I will be unhappy.  Until that point, I will support HDN and the program.  Period. 
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: jdhoover on September 21, 2006, 06:34:01 pm
Th

Just my opinion.

And I have also had fans agree to my one request to let this season play out.  You were told there would be two bad years.  Up to that point, HDN was 20 games over .500 overall and had a winning record in the SEC.  He could have left the UofA high and dry with these two bad years coming and went to Nebraska.  He was convinced by UA to stay and was guaranteed that the next two years would not cost him his job.  Everyone knew that.  Since then he has had 3 solid recruiting years.  If the Razorbacks are anything less and 8-4 this year, I will be unhappy.  Until that point, I will support HDN and the program.  Period. 

You summed up my thoughts exactly!  Thanks JDhoover!

WhenPigsFly

My fav Nutt quote is "The number three (or whatever) team in the nation (LSU) just beat us by two points.  So where does that put us?" 

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...........maybe four and seven???

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 02:11:10 pm
On that we can agree gorilla!
Then its settled.  Who are you rooting for in the Colts/Jags game? You aren't going to pick Peyton over Matt are you?

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 22, 2006, 04:13:54 pm
Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 21, 2006, 02:11:10 pm
On that we can agree gorilla!
Then its settled.  Who are you rooting for in the Colts/Jags game? You aren't going to pick Peyton over Matt are you?

I have been a huge fan of the Colts for several years.  Actually since Burlsworth signed with them.  However, I became a fan of the Jaquars when Matt signed with them.  If it is true that Matt's not playing, because of an injury, it will be a little easier for me to pull for the Colts.  It really is a tough call for me.  Can you imagine what Archie Manning went through when the Giants and Colts played against each other?  Now that would be a tough call.