Previous topic - Next topic

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: wincrimson on September 19, 2006, 10:20:33 pm
Quote from: Reaganite on September 19, 2006, 10:12:50 pm
Hey Win,  is your D better than USC's?

Watch this: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRa3uv_lKwg

3:50 worth of scouting you'll need.

Seeing your crowd "roar like he threw a 70 yard touchdown pass" while down 44-7 speaks volumes about the Kool-Aid that Broyles and Nutt have forced down the throat of Hog fans. Dude, it was USC's third string. He led you to a whopping 20 against Utah State and 21 versus Vandy. Any videos of those games?

Not meaning to flame, but usually when your trying to prove a point you don't put up a video of you getting totally pwned at home. I still can't believe the crowd was cheering like that. My tail would've been gone by then, much less up cheering like a virgin school girl.

I seriously doubt that anyone on Hogville was up acting a fool like that. I'm seriously contemplating punching myself in the face for watching that.

Don't get me wrong, I think MM is/will be a good QB. But putting up that vid... Well, wow. Just wow.

Oh Lord.  Who let the Tide fans in here? 

Hey, I heard going to play Bama in their house gave folks from the civilized world Deliverance flashbacks.  Is that true anyone?  :P
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

wincrimson

It might be surprising to some of you, but the Crimson Tide have the best record in the conference over the past 15 games at 13-2.

*I have to do a little bragging before Saturday. If you know what I mean! :(

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:36:25 am
It might be surprising to some of you, but the Crimson Tide have the best record in the conference over the past 15 games at 13-2.

Did you know in the last 7 games that South Carolina has the best record at 6-1?  Weird huh?

Nashville Fan

Impressive. Hope it is a good game. To me, it seems like the AR AL game is traditionally the hardest hitting game of the season for AR. Always leaves us banged up for a few games.
Pittman or Bust!

wincrimson

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 20, 2006, 08:38:08 am

Did you know in the last 7 games that South Carolina has the best record at 6-1?  Weird huh?

That can't be right. They've lost to Mizzou and UGA.

wincrimson

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 20, 2006, 08:40:23 am
Impressive. Hope it is a good game. To me, it seems like the AR AL game is traditionally the hardest hitting game of the season for AR. Always leaves us banged up for a few games.

It's always a GREAT game. One of the best games in the league year in and year out...

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:41:49 am

It's always a GREAT game. One of the best games in the league year in and year out...

Why do so many Bama fans see Arkansas as a joke though?  I mean HDN is 4-4 against Bama and has won 2 of the last 3 in the series.

wincrimson

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on September 19, 2006, 11:25:37 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on September 19, 2006, 11:06:15 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 19, 2006, 06:26:06 pm
Quote from: Factual Fiction on September 19, 2006, 05:57:15 pm
because they have a beach........................

They are on the coast, I don't know if I would call it "a beach"..

It's a beach.

The beaches of AL and the FL panhandle are the most beautiful in the nation IMO.

FL has Pensacola and Destin and yes those are some of the best beaches in the nation, especially Okaloosa Island, you have Perdio Key nothing but bikers and broken glass on the beach.

The Alabama beaches aren't as commercial as the panhandle beaches. That doesn't take away from their beauty, though. And I didn't say that I would go to AL over FL... I go to FL because I'm an hour away from Destin but 2 1/2 hours away from Orange Beach, AL.

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:41:19 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on September 20, 2006, 08:38:08 am

That can't be right. They've lost to Mizzou and UGA.

I'm talking about SEC games only, sorry for the confusion.  They ended last year with wins over UK, Vandy, UF, and UT and opened this year with a win over MSU. 

wincrimson

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 20, 2006, 08:44:36 am

Why do so many Bama fans see Arkansas as a joke though?  I mean HDN is 4-4 against Bama and has won 2 of the last 3 in the series.

I honestly don't know. I certainly don't see it that way. And keep in mind, it's hard to judge a fanbase by a couple of loons on internet message boards. Most Tide fans know this will be a tough game for us and respect the Hogs.

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:48:17 am

I honestly don't know. I certainly don't see it that way. And keep in mind, it's hard to judge a fanbase by a couple of loons on internet message boards. Most Tide fans know this will be a tough game for us and respect the Hogs.

Auburn thanks of the Hogs in the same way, yet they forget those 3 a$$ kickings we gave them early in HDN's career. HDN is 4-4 against them also.  I hate Auburn! What a pointless place on this earth it is.

Nashville Fan

Let's face it, we have a losing record in the SEC under Nutt. If AR wants respect, they have to start beating top 25 teams. Only way they are going to get it.
Pittman or Bust!

wincrimson

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 20, 2006, 08:50:02 am

Auburn thanks of the Hogs in the same way, yet they forget those 3 a$$ kickings we gave them early in HDN's career. HDN is 4-4 against them also.  I hate Auburn! What a pointless place on this earth it is.

Yeah, they do.

I remember being at the Arkansas/Barn game in 2002 when Fred Talley ran like the sun wasn't going to come up the next day. I believe he had over 200 yards rushing? It was great!!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:52:06 am

Yeah, they do.

I remember being at the Arkansas/Barn game in 2002 when Fred Talley ran like the sun wasn't going to come up the next day. I believe he had over 200 yards rushing? It was great!!

yeah awsome performance. One of the greatest ever at Arkansas.

He had 180 at the half. Ended up with 241 but could have easily had more.

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on September 20, 2006, 08:52:06 am

Yeah, they do.

Around 230 that day. I think the final was 42-17. 

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

clew

Quote from: Bama Possum on September 19, 2006, 10:28:02 pm
Thanks for Coach Bryant, and you can keep the other coach. He's one of your alumni isn't he?

Ummm...no.  He's an OklaSU alum.
Pure as the dawn

Bama Possum

Didn't know where he was from, I just remember seeing some AFLAC trivia or something during the Vandy game about him being a starting freshman at QB or something like that.

HogHillbilly

They are complaining that our last touchdown in the Vandy game (the pass to Cleveland) was an illegal formation...................And the refs screwed up

Boy are they gonna be surprised when they see it first hand

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/5831061175
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

RazrRila99

Did you notice the last poster ont hat thread?  He mentioned that we had 12 on the field.

clew

MM scores so fast it just messes you up!
Pure as the dawn

Winner

brooks74

It's because they haven't seen that formation.  The end player on each side that is lined up on the LOS is an eligible receiver, we moved two tackles to the right side and out WR lines up on the line.  If you look at the play, Ugoh lined up flexed from the line and didn't run down field. They need to get some football knowledge, lol.  I hope we run it for another TD against them.

hogsanity

Wasn't this the same play we used against USC when they tackled Cleveland at the one right before ROJO scored?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogsanity on September 20, 2006, 09:51:21 am
Wasn't this the same play we used against USC when they tackled Cleveland at the one right before ROJO scored?

Yep.................And I bet we see it this Saturday also

brooks74

Yea, we have run it twice and both times it was very successful.  Hopefully, as teams start to recognize the formation, we do some different things out of it.

1stwordswerewoopig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 20, 2006, 09:41:31 am
it was not an illegal formation. if the closest man to the line on the right does not go downfield, than the person on the end of the line or closest to the line on the left is eligible. and vice versa.

Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with the man on the right.  Both men on the end of the line of scrimmage are eligible, where ever they line up.

The person snapping the ball could go downfield and catch a pass if he is the end man on the line of scrimmage.

When we shifted to that formation, Cleveland was on the end.  The two receivers outside of him were off the LOS.  Bama fans need to LEARN THE RULES!

brooks74

Quote from: 1stwordswerewoopig on September 20, 2006, 09:53:20 am
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 20, 2006, 09:41:31 am
it was not an illegal formation. if the closest man to the line on the right does not go downfield, than the person on the end of the line or closest to the line on the left is eligible. and vice versa.

Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with the man on the right.  Both men on the end of the line of scrimmage are eligible, where ever they line up.

The person snapping the ball could go downfield and catch a pass if he is the end man on the line of scrimmage.

When we shifted to that formation, Cleveland was on the end.  The two receivers outside of him were off the LOS.  Bama fans need to LEARN THE RULES!

I think "learn" is considered a cuss word in Bama ;)

HogHillbilly

Some of you guys are damn good at this...................A couple of yall need to go to that board and fill them in on that thread

dirthog

the only thing bama fans need to learn is that the bear aint gonna be resurected from the dead
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Patch

I know this is a rhetorical question since we're talking about bama fans, but how exactly do they think they're gonna "win in a rout"? Granted we suck, but bama is in the same boat if not worse. 

Nashville Fan

Does this mean that AR is being innovative on offense? God Bless GM
Pittman or Bust!

SemperHawg

I think its a good sign they are over there dissecting our scoring plays, shows that even fans of our opponents have noticed a difference in this offense compared to ones of years past.

WPS......Beat Bama

strawhog

We may not beat bama but I bet the offense will show up.

Qball

Posted September 15, 2006 11:59 AM 
"I rarely give Arkansas any thought. To me they're just another SEC west school we usually beat. Any team that plays Bama treats it like a rivalry. I have a friend from Mississippi and I asked him ,"Who do people from Miss make fun of?" Because in Bama we make fun of Miss people. He told me Arkansas. It's sad when you're the butt of Mississppi's joke. As far as the Razorslacks are concerned. They hate us cause they aint  us"

That's a quote from the Bama message board.  Pretty accurate if you ask me. 
Still love the hogs, but you can't say we're in their league as far as being a big-time D-1 football program.

strawhog

and alabama dont suck darn also?

DeltaBoy

This is great they are worried about the GUS BUS  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

strawhog

Yea I just hope that Gus hasnt let houston on the bus this weekend.

hog caller

anyone ever eat any elephant or what ever theheck the Alabama thing is.

saw a recipe the other day you might use

1 tbs of solid blocking

1tbs of hairy defence

i tsp of running back

1tsp of passing game

1tbs of kicking

1/4 tsp HDN

2tbs Gus
4tbs Mitch
4tbs DMAC

preheat the filed to 84 degrees and a potential for rain

bake for 21/2 hours or til the Tide is done in

ArchitectHog

LOL............i guess thats one way to look at it......... :) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:GO HOGS GO
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

SPAL

how dare u post this and make the mods work harder

mbgrulz

Quote from: hog caller on September 20, 2006, 10:51:17 am
anyone ever eat any elephant or what ever theheck the Alabama thing is.

saw a recipe the other day you might use

1 tbs of solid blocking

1tbs of hairy defence

i tsp of running back

1tsp of passing game

1tbs of kicking

1/4 tsp HDN

2tbs Gus
4tbs Mitch
4tbs DMAC

preheat the filed to 84 degrees and a potential for rain

bake for 21/2 hours or til the Tide is done in
you forgot to strain out the HDN! now you go on and get outta the kitchen! messed up the whole dinner