Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama forum talking smack!

Started by subliznime, September 17, 2006, 08:11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfancb

Because I live in Alabama and their fans are sorry.  Auburn fans have alot more class than the elephant fans.  There is a guy at work that won't shutup.   After this weekend he can try to make every excuse why his team got their ass whooped!

cbjagman

I like to beat Alabama, however, that applies to ALL our opponents. Other than that, I have no problem with the state; in fact, I have family that I'm very close to that live in the "heart of Dixie".

hogsNbeer

Not too many teams I hate...If any?   The Crimson Tide have a winning tradition...What's not to like about that?  I wish to hell our program had half the winning tradition as the TIDE!

HatfieldHog

I don't hate Alabama, or LSU, or Tennessee, or anybody else in our league.  They are rivals, but I root for them when they play some one outside our league.

The word hate may be a little strong!

"...can't we just all get along?...."

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Nashville Fan

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 18, 2006, 10:35:17 pm
12 National Championships to 1.  And that's not counting 1964.  ROLL TIDE!!!
I guess you are not counting all of the track and field NCs the hogs win every year.
Pittman or Bust!

HamShank

I only hate Bama one week per year and this is that week.  It's nothin' personal.

camden5r

I do not hate Alabama. Tennessee and Texa$$ is a different story. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Nashville Fan

People from Bama drive very slow on the interstates through Nashville. This is very irritating; but, not enough to cause me to hate. More like a strong dislike during travel times and when they play AR in football.
Pittman or Bust!

Butchforheadcoach

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 18, 2006, 10:29:09 pm
I love to beat them, I love to annoy Bama fans, I love to watch them lose.   They are annoying, smug and are living in the past.

Why do you hate Alabama? I have a small writeup on the blog and am interested in seeing some of you post any personal thoughts on this week's opponent.

I kinda like Bama and thier 1057 claimed NC's in football.  I also fell sorry for them they are stuck with a crappy nutt like coach.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: Butchforheadcoach on September 19, 2006, 01:15:48 pm
I love to beat them, I love to annoy Bama fans, I love to watch them lose.   They are annoying, smug and are living in the past.

Why do you hate Alabama? I have a small writeup on the blog and am interested in seeing some of you post any personal thoughts on this week's opponent.

I kinda like Bama and thier 1057 claimed NC's in football.  I also fell sorry for them they are stuck with a crappy nutt like coach.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing1.html
Shows here AL only have 4 NCs AR has 43
Pittman or Bust!

kitshicker

I have alot of relatives that live in Alabama, most are decent people, the others are all tide fans ;)

Nashville Fan

Oh that's right the NCAA does not have a championship for football! Every other sport but not football. My bad.
Pittman or Bust!

wincrimson

I kinda like Bama and thier 1057 claimed NC's in football.  I also fell sorry for them they are stuck with a crappy nutt like coach.

CMS has won 13 of his last 15. I rest my case! ;)

TOM "tbw1"

Like some of you, I worked in and around Tuscaloosa in the 80s until 1991.  There was not any kind of rivalry at that times except the 1980 Sugar Bowl.  I was there for the Sugar Bowl and all the eating places were crowded.  My family and I shared a table with some older Tide fans because  of the press of people.  At the end of the meal, the Alabama gentleman took the check and paid it because he said he wanted us to have good memories of our trip. 
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

DeltaBoy

I hate BAMA 1 Week a year and this is it. Why Because they take..

and put it on a board and stand and Hollar Roll Tide.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Conway Cool Daddy

I don't hate them, but I seriously dislike them because their O Line holds on every freaking play. They never get called on it. Is it because the SEC offices are in Bama?

Look at the disparity in calls. Bama leads the SEC in least calls against and opponents penalties.

If you don't believe me, watch them tackle our defense on Saturday.

USCPimP

I hate them Because they are so stupid, Thats why. makes me feel i want to  :puke:

whatsshakinbacon

I don't hate them...In fact, I find the Alabama fans usually the most intelligent fans in the SEC...despite the broadbrush we want to paint them with.  The ones I've met tend to understand the intricacies of football better than your average college fan and if there is a group that can't stand mediocrity, they are it.

But that said, I want to beat the living snot out of them more because of their history.  Let's face it, a win of Alabama is much sexier than one over Florida...

Bacon out...

Conway Cool Daddy

September 19, 2006, 02:20:53 pm #168 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:21:57 pm by whatsshakinbacon
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 19, 2006, 02:19:50 pm
I don't hate them...In fact, I find the Alabama fans usually the most intelligent fans in the SEC...despite the broadbrush we want to paint them with.  The ones I've met tend to understand the intricacies of football better than your average college fan and if there is a group that can't stand mediocrity, they are it.

But that said, I want to beat the living snot out of them more because of their history.  Let's face it, a win over Alabama is much sexier than one over Florida...

Bacon out...
I wouldn't know. The Hogs have never beaten Florida.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 19, 2006, 02:20:53 pm

But that said, I want to beat the living snot out of them more because of their history.  Let's face it, a win over Alabama is much sexier than one over Florida...

Bacon out...
I wouldn't know. The Hogs have never beaten Florida.

That cuts to the quick...

Bacon out...

HogHillbilly

I don't hate them..................I just want to beat them, cause they have been talking trash AGAIN
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hawgasaurus

Because they are #1 in the nation now for pregnant teens...  That used to be our title, what happened to us???
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

CrimsonPirate

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 18, 2006, 10:35:17 pm
12 National Championships to 1.  And that's not counting 1964.  ROLL TIDE!!!

No. That is counting 1964. It's 1966 that we can't count because of the 10-10 Tie one for the Gipper game (ND vs. Mich. St.). This link doesn't count 1941, which is suspect because we were only 9-2.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/alabama/championships.php

Btw, looking for a good game on Saturday. And, remember...hate is such a strong word. ;) ;D

Anson Marlow

Predicting 2,3,4 td victory Saturday. 
/list]

Sao Ming

I predicted Hogs 52 - USU 10...predictions mean nothing.   Let them talk.   No big deal to me.  It's up to the coaches and players to avoid an outcome like that. 

Winner

that's why they're fans.  we had about half this board picking Arkansas to beat USC as outrageous as that was. 

SPAL

Quote from: Anson Marlow on September 19, 2006, 03:26:39 pm

why shouldnt they, our defense is incapable of stopping the run, bamas strength.

Anson Marlow

Granted we lost to Vandy at home last year(we were bad last year), how can you only manage 13 pts vs Vandy(which is not vandyof last year) in front of 92,000 and expect to win by a landslide on the road?  
/list]

tailgate

Keep in mind that Vegas has the Hogs as 2 point favorites. Regardless of what the Tide fans think, most knowledgeable football fans believe that the Hogs will win.

Roll in that Tide Fans, your proud program is an underdog to the lowly Razorbacks.

hogsNbeer

I agree with the other poster.... We actually had some people on this board that thought we'd beat Southern Cal......  If I was them, I'd probably think the same thing....... Our D hasnt' stopped anybody yet.......oh, yeah-- Utah State didn't score...Big whooooooop!!!!!!!!!!  Vandy and Southern Cal ran all over us.... Let's stick to our mediocre program, and let the others talk about us...... Until we beat them, that's all it takes to stop them...

DoubleJ

Why are they so high on themselves???  I know we're not playing well, but they aren't exactly Auburn now are they (I'm sure they'll love that)? 

the donger

First play from scrimmage 80 yard TD again? I can see it happening with our run D.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 19, 2006, 04:00:32 pm
Quote from: the donger on September 19, 2006, 03:57:39 pm
First play from scrimmage 80 yard TD again? I can see it happening with our run D.

Don't even say that.  I'm going to be paranoid all week now.

I remember that like it was yesterday....eeeeek!

Landonhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 19, 2006, 03:30:08 pm

why shouldnt they, our defense is incapable of stopping the run, bamas strength.

False.  At least, not yet...

Darby has averaged only 56 yards a game, thus far...  They've actually had more success with their passing game.

Hawaii, Vandy, and La Monroe...  They're as big of a mystery as we are...   :razorback:

BattleHawg

I agree with 'bama winning by 2 tds.

BH

artyhog

I do not hate Bama.  They have some very nice fans.  Every school have their loser fans.

While sationed in Alabama in the mid 80's, I wore my Razorbacks items all over town and noone gave me too much grief.  Maybe that was a good thing.  I was not my gentle self then.  HAHA

As I get older, fewer and fewer things seem to get me crazy.

evangelist

Alabamer is real pretty country to drive through.....   ;)

dotnet

Quote from: tailgate on September 19, 2006, 03:36:19 pm
Keep in mind that Vegas has the Hogs as 2 point favorites. Regardless of what the Tide fans think, most knowledgeable football fans believe that the Hogs will win.

Roll in that Tide Fans, your proud program is an underdog to the lowly Razorbacks.

The first half is right.  I don't know that I'd say most knowledgable football fans are picking Arkansas.  I think the majority are picking Bama in this one.

HogFaninGA

They will probably win, but not by 3 TD's.  I don't think Bama's offense is capable of that.  On second thought, if our defense doesn't improve dramatically then they could.

Winner

Quote from: Anson Marlow on September 19, 2006, 03:31:33 pm
Granted we lost to Vandy at home last year(we were bad last year), how can you only manage 13 pts vs Vandy(which is not vandyof last year) in front of 92,000 and expect to win by a landslide on the road?  

Just curious, what score did you predict for the Arkansas-Vandy game?

Butchforheadcoach

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 19, 2006, 01:23:07 pm

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/champs_listing1.html
Shows here AL only have 4 NCs AR has 43

1057 Nc's was a joke.  Get a sense of humor jerkoff

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 19, 2006, 03:30:08 pm

Just because Bama can't pass well doesn't mean they're good at running.  Of course with our defense, they probably don't have to be.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

wincrimson

But that said, I want to beat the living snot out of them more because of their history.  Let's face it, a win of Alabama is much sexier than one over Florida...

Bacon out...

Here here! ;)

no one

Quote from: tailgate on September 19, 2006, 03:36:19 pm

Those same experts thought we would only lose by 8 to USC>

Factual Fiction

trufanofhogs

I don't hate Alabama. Actually, I am rather ambivalent about them. I perceive both football programs to be similar at this time. Nutt is 4-4 against the Tide. They had a good season last year, we didn't. But, sometimes that has been the other way around the last several years. As an old Hog fan from way back, No one on our schedule get my attention like Texas. Our games with Alabama are always competitive, and we win our share. Why hate them? 

Factual Fiction

because they have a beach........................

Anson Marlow

Guys it is not as bad as some think.  Nutt is a goof ball, but he has good players and show up and do our part it will take care of itself.

Hogs 24

Bama 10
/list]

Winner

Quote from: Anson Marlow on September 19, 2006, 06:05:19 pm
Guys it is not as bad as some think.  Nutt is a goof ball, but he has good players and show up and do our part it will take care of itself.

Hogs 24

Bama 10

You're complaining about Bama fans picking a two touchdown win and you pick us to beat Bama by two touchdowns?

Hog Gumbo

See,  Bama fans have seen the light. They hung over 40 on team that we all should been famliar with, uLm, nevermind that it(rout) started in the middle of the third quarter and was competitive till then. They are suffering the same thing we suffer from, when we actually use our paid hos like we are supposed to, If we had won the Utah St. game big and then had the Vandy game our perceptions would be different.

We beat ULm good last year, it meant nothin.

20-17 Ark.