Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama forum talking smack!

Started by subliznime, September 17, 2006, 08:11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wincrimson

brichte

I think its because we "hog nation" envy bama. Our programs have had similar styles and we watch Bama get all the accolades and we wish we were them....That being said I hate bama and hope we kick the $%#@ out of them.

PigKahuna

I guess it is just me.  I hate the Crimson Tide more than any other SEC school.

Michael Porkleone

I have a lot of friends from Bama..they are all pretty cool....however, I dislike the team almost as much as any other team...

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

pigture perfect

There are at least 4 others I hate worse than Bama. I do relish beating them. When we do we get to claim the "red hat w/a white A is ours.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogninja

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 18, 2006, 10:35:40 pm
I guess it is just me.  I hate the Crimson Tide more than any other SEC school.

Sorry, Has to go to the Ugly Orange of Tenn(spit) and Texa$$.

wincrimson

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 18, 2006, 10:39:47 pm
There are at least 4 others I hate worse than Bama. I do relish beating them. When we do we get to claim the "red hat w/a white A is ours.

Never. :P

Ours has a "script A" on it.

Maiale

I'd like to know how can we get people to hate Arkansas?

Other than Clinton haters, no one gives a s#&t if we W/L... it's like a cow's opinion, it's moo.  ;)

JIHawg

I don't hate Alabama.  Now Houston Nutt, that's a different matter.

Tideboy

Funny quote from an Auburn grad:

Quote"I hate the University of Alabama because the envy of its football legacy has driven Auburn people insane, to the point Auburn has become a huge athletic department with a vestigial university attached, all in an effort to duplicate what probably will never be duplicated - the success of that coach whose name we do not speak." - Arlo and Janis cartoonist Jimmy Johnson
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

maniax22bolts20

AU- Those We Do Not Speak Of . The Village.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I hate Alabama  because they hide behind Mississippi because they fear us and Chuck Norris.

www.chucknorrisfacts.com
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

oldbooniehog

Here's why I hate Bama.

Bama fans have a lot in common in Texass fans....the same kind of smug, arrogant superiority complex.

However, they have a lot fewer teeth, a lot more mullets, a lot more prison tattoos, and smoke a lot more cigarettes than Texass fans......and that's just the women Bama fans I'm talking about.

That's why I hate Bama.

oldbooniehog

Izual65

I don't mind'em that much, they're humble enough to put their IQ's on the side of their helmets. But the vast majority of their fans are arrogant pricks.

geoffhog

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 18, 2006, 10:29:09 pm
They are annoying, smug and are living in the past.
You pretty much nailed it there. They beat you and its because they are great. You beat them and its all part of a grand conspiracy between the SEC, NCAA, CIA and the Pope to bring them down, just because were all jealous.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

jman

1995.  JJ meaders catch.  Next week, Bama throws a cry baby fit on the SEC and demands the officials be disciplined for arkansas's OUT RIGHT, HARD FOUGHT WIN at alabama. 

ROLL TIDE ROLL, ROLL TIDE ROLL, AROUND THE BOWL AND DOWN THE HOLE, ROLL TIDE ROLL!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I don't hate Alabama more than I do having Dale as our coach.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

oldbooniehog

Here's my favorite Bama fan story of all time.

It was the very first time Bama's basketball team played at the U of A, back in the Barnhill arena days.

I was down in the student section with some of the crazies.

Two Bammer fans came shuffling in, dragging their knuckles on the hardwood.

We started to rib them in a fashion we thought was downright good-natured.

Their response? Classic Bammer...........

They stopped right in front of the student section, and one of them paused a second to switch the dip from one side of his lower lip to the other.

He glowered at the student next to me, who was wearing the classic Hog Hat.

Hog Hat student said something to the Bammer fan, who managed to stand fully erect and get his knuckles up off the floor and who said back in an accent so thick, you'd not believe it in a Jeff Foxworthy skit, "Oh YEAH? Well yew got a HAWG on yore HAYD......."

I kid you not. That's what he said as a witty comeback....."Oh YEAH? Well yew got a HAWG on yore HAYD."

The Hog Hat wearer said back, "Wow. I'm surprised you noticed I've got a HAWG on my HAYD. You're really Astute, did you know that? That's A-S-T-U-T-E........have somebody look it up and read the definition to you when you get back to Alabama."

oldbooniehog

frathog

Bama--35
Ole Miss--10. Ooops, I meant "Arkansas--10"

quote from a tide forum.

clever

arkhogball

It was a man from Fordyce, AR that made them what they WERE!!!!

RootnShoot

I think the animosity comes from early in our SEC days when they were a yearly hurdle we couldn't really jump. As we got better we knew it but no one else did (the whole "no one respects us"), before we beat them they were a reminder of how poor our team was.
There are more important things.

jeffrey271991

I hate Alabama because I have to live in this God forsaken place.  I also believe their fans are more obnoxious than the tea sippers at Texass.

PigPusher

I love to beat them, I love to annoy Bama fans, I love to watch them lose.   They are annoying, smug and are living in the past.

Why do you hate Alabama? I have a small writeup on the blog and am interested in seeing some of you post any personal thoughts on this week's opponent.

Where did this come from?  When did we start hating Bama?  They always play us a good game, but hate?  I don't think so.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

imahoggie

i dont hate bama...... but tidE Slobs Pigs kNobs is one of the funniest things i have ever seen.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

PigKahuna

Like I said, maybe it is just me.  Go give your Bama buddies some hugs.

wincrimson

PorkOpine, where in Alabama do you live? I live in Tuscaloosa now b/c I attend UA but I'm originally from Andalusia.

PigPusher

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 18, 2006, 11:21:13 pm
Like I said, maybe it is just me.  Go give your Bama buddies some hugs.

They why do you hate them?  Do you hate other teams also?  Do you hate Coach Nutt?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

wincrimson

I really don't understand where the Bama hate comes from. We've played each other very few times, and I don't know of any glaring, bad experiences between the two teams (ex: pre-game fights, backhanded scandals, etc).

I actually pull for the Hogs when they're not playing my beloved Crimson Tide.

wincrimson

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 18, 2006, 11:28:32 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on September 18, 2006, 11:22:05 pm
PorkOpine, where in Alabama do you live? I live in Tuscaloosa now b/c I attend UA but I'm originally from Andalusia.

Jackson.  Working at Boise Paper Co. and there are many Hogs fans here that got their start in either the Crossett or Ashdown paper mills.

Jackson? Cool. I know where that is... Well, it's good to know that you like West Alabama.

RTR & WPS

PiggoBitttys

There's no particular team in the SEC I especially want to beat. I want to beat the best teams the most.

strawhog

subliznime

As i search through my ESPN College Football Encyclopedia from last year: 
Since 1961 we are 6-9 against bama, since we entered the SEC its been 6-8 They won in: '92, '93, '94, '96, '99, '01, '02, and '05....

geoffhog

Quote from: wincrimson on September 18, 2006, 11:24:27 pm
I really don't understand where the Bama hate comes from. We've played each other very few times, and I don't know of any glaring, bad experiences between the two teams (ex: pre-game fights, backhanded scandals, etc).

Don't take it personally. My dislike for Bama starts and ends on the football field. I've spent a lot of time working in Alabama and always enjoyed myself. I'd love to come down and do some hunting sometime. Its just a football thing.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Tider27

Looks like I need to jump in here.

Im not here to talk smack and get banned...but why are you guys of all people talking smack?

Both of our teams havn't proven much yet...so let THEM settle it out the field?

jeffrey271991

OK maybe not hate but I am definitely indifferent.  However, it is always a good game but their fans for the most part are the most unrealistic homers on the planet.  They can never remember losing(IE: 98 game).  It might not be that bad here in Alabama but its not that great either.  Northwest Arkansas has spoiled me forever.

subliznime

Ok i see this chart and on the espn college football encyclopedia in my hands from 05 it says we played Ole Piss and we lost 13-17 im confused can anyone confirm?

mtownhog

I don't hate alabama fans, but I don't see how they can justify calling us trash

Doug

subliznime, I have NO idea of what you just said.  Try using punctuation, please.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Brer Hog

'cause they ain't Arkansas...

plus they live to lord their NCAA gridiron success, produced by the vision of determined Arkansas native, over all the college football world. 

Ditto: 'round the bowl and down the hole...roll Tide roll 

subliznime

September 19, 2006, 12:54:57 am #140 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:56:52 am by subliznime
i found the error 1993 look it up; after a 2-0 start after an smu and south car. win. we lose to bama at bama 3-43. im crunk give me a break.

scruf

Without a doubt, Bama has a great football tradition. One of my all-time favorite moments of college football came when Alabama won their last National Championship. Who could forget George Teague running down a cocky Miami receiver and taking the ball away from him?(Other than the Longhorns, I can't think of a team I hate more than Miami!) It's ironic that Bear Bryant is an Arkansan and Alabama fans have so much hate for our state, much less our team, but I digress. The simple truth is that both schools are not where they want to be and Bama is further away than we are. Since the game is in Fayetteville, I'll say 24-10 Hogs. If it were in Bama, 17-14 Hogs. They're not that good, and we're a better team than 50-14.

Go Hogs!

HAWGTROT

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 18, 2006, 10:53:28 pm
Here's why I hate Bama.

Bama fans have a lot in common in Texass fans....the same kind of smug, arrogant superiority complex.

However, they have a lot fewer teeth, a lot more mullets, a lot more prison tattoos, and smoke a lot more cigarettes than Texass fans......and that's just the women Bama fans I'm talking about.

That's why I hate Bama.

oldbooniehog
Dang,what a crackback on the Bama women.LOL

go hogues

Ole Piss
Misstake
Auburn
Tennessee
LSU

I loathe these teams and their fans way more than Alabama's.  I usually root for the Tide when they are not playing us.  They do have some obnoxious fans who live in the past.  But we have an obnoxious Athletic Director who lives in the past.  
All that being said, I hope we make a statement against them this weekend. Go Hogs!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

subliznime

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 18, 2006, 10:35:17 pm
12 National Championships to 1.  And that's not counting 1964.  ROLL TIDE!!!
AND YOU MAKE ME WANNA ....  :puke:

hawaiianhogster

I enjoyed watching them get beat in Hawaii. They are loud and obnoxious. Sweet home Alabama is all they know how to sing.

Roadrunner

I love to beat them, I love to annoy Bama fans, I love to watch them lose.   They are annoying, smug and are living in the past.

Why do you hate Alabama? I have a small writeup on the blog and am interested in seeing some of you post any personal thoughts on this week's opponent.

They are typically some of the most redneck fans you will encounter and most tend to think that they are still on top of the world.  Someone once said they're like the old wrinkled up, heavily made-up actress who still thinks she's hot. LMAO
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Maiale

September 19, 2006, 11:00:24 am #148 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:03:19 am by Maiale
Quote from: wincrimson on September 18, 2006, 11:24:27 pm

There is no real "bama hate".  The hate stems from knowing deep down we could and should be mentioned in the same breath as anyone in the SEC.  What holds us back is... well you read the posts too, it's not hard to figure out.

This program is the little engine that could but without the happy ending.  We want so much to be ranked and mentioned but just when you think the corner is turned, a fumble happens, a penalty here, a blown 4th down call there, a guy gets arrested for weed, a long time supporter of your program does boneheaded things to get the long arm of the NCAA to swing hammers at Arkansas, lack of discipline leads to embarrassment at a low level bowl, a plane arrives and takes off back to Lincoln with empty cargo, more money is thrown at the problem....

It just goes on. 
We don't hate anyone, not Bama, not Tennessee (ok yeah we do), not Florida, not even Nutt.
We are impatient for this "National Championshp program under construction" myth we were promised and sold out to.............. hook......... line........... sucker.  Meanwhile, coach after legitimate coach walk by with no Help Wanted sign to entice them with our One point FIVE million smackers.  (Coulda raised TWO...)

If there's another Bear floating around Fordyce, we WILL chain his ass to RRS with no parole.

MJ2

I really like their lead cheerleader..... that Shirley Q. Liquor woman.... Roll Bama Roll.....