Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who else wished that Vanderbilt would have made that field goal?

Started by Oliver, September 16, 2006, 03:09:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kratter

Quote from: HolcombeHog on September 16, 2006, 03:28:44 pm
Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 16, 2006, 03:09:27 pm
It would have fixed our problem, permanently.  I know I would be smitted for this if they still existed but I never thought our program would reach this low of a level.

This is sad.....

How is this more sad than supporting mediocrity for 9 years???
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004

Oliver

Quote from: gmb_79 on September 16, 2006, 03:33:05 pm
Some of you folks posting replies need to get a grip.  You (and I) may not agree with his opinion, but he is entitled to it.  The namecalling, etc. doesn't do anything to strengthen your argument.

Thanks man.  I'm not asking people to agree with my opinion.  I was extremely saddened by the fact that it took a last minute field goal miss for us to win against Vanderbilt.  If being saddened by something that is unacceptable doesn't make me a Hog fan, then I'm not so sure I want to be associated with the university.  I really didn't want us to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just wanted us to look good against a crap team!!!!!!

Soooie21

I can't believe any hog fan would want them to lose, so that maybe the head coach will be fired...

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorhead69 on September 16, 2006, 03:27:32 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on September 16, 2006, 03:17:55 pm
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on September 16, 2006, 03:11:08 pm
It would have fixed our problem, permanently.  I know I would be smitted for this if they still existed but I never thought our program would reach this low of a level.

Are you kidding??  Go post on a Vandy board or something...if you wish the Hogs to lose then don't be a Hog fan!  If you want a team to lose then you are not a fan of that team...

Isn't hoping to keep or supporting HDN in effect wanting Arkansas to lose?  He has cost us so many games over the years.  You are basically supporting keeping a losing coach and our program a losing program.

Ugly you know I love ya. But that was the dumbest thing I ever heard you say.
Glad we one. Never want us to lose.

And no I don't like HDN.

I wasn't clear.  I would never hope that Arkansas would lose.

What I was saying is that still supporting HDN is the same or worse than hoping for a loss.  You are supporting a losing coach that cost us games.

I was responding to the people calling the original poster a non fan...a non fan is someone that supports HDN.
Retired Radio Host

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 16, 2006, 03:14:48 pm

We don't need fans like yourself.

Amen!
WOO PIG

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Oliver

Pork Twain

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 16, 2006, 03:36:40 pm
Quote from: razorhead69 on September 16, 2006, 03:27:32 pm

Are you kidding??  Go post on a Vandy board or something...if you wish the Hogs to lose then don't be a Hog fan!  If you want a team to lose then you are not a fan of that team...

Isn't hoping to keep or supporting HDN in effect wanting Arkansas to lose?  He has cost us so many games over the years.  You are basically supporting keeping a losing coach and our program a losing program.

Ugly you know I love ya. But that was the dumbest thing I ever heard you say.
Glad we one. Never want us to lose.

And no I don't like HDN.

I wasn't clear.  I would never hope that Arkansas would lose.

What I was saying is that still supporting HDN is the same or worse than hoping for a loss.  You are supporting a losing coach that cost us games.

I was responding to the people calling the original poster a non fan...a non fan is someone that supports HDN.
I can agree with that as well.  HDN is one of the worst tings to ever happen to the hogs
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 16, 2006, 03:40:23 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on September 16, 2006, 03:38:42 pm
Takes a sorry fan to ever root for the hogs lose

A sorry fan is happy with our win today.
Nice to know you would have been one of the few here that would have been just as happy with a loss.

WilsonHog

I don't wish that we would I lost, but one think is crystal clear.

An Arkansas fan interested in having a championship program in Fayetteville can either support the program or HDN - but not both.

The two are mutually exclusive.

harbingerofhog

I'm just gonna call this what it is...crap.  The freakin' title of the thread is: "Who ELSE WISHED that Vandy would have, lets just say it, won the game"  You lost me on the "who else wished" and "i didn't want us to lose" part.  My problem with your opinion isn't that it's shamefull and wrong, it's that you're gutless in defending it.  If you want us to lose, just say it, and don't be scared off by fonts on a screen.

Gushugger

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 16, 2006, 03:35:29 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 16, 2006, 03:14:38 pm
Quote from: SAUhogfan on September 16, 2006, 03:13:23 pm
I sure was cheering for them to make that field goal.  Wouldn't you take a loss to get rid of a cancer like Nutt?  It's kind of like cutting off the little toe to save the entire body.

I do see your point--we need this cancer eliminated.
Treat cancer with radiation not amputation. He is feeling plenty of heat right now. If it causes him to win, then he no longer is cancerous.
'

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: BigPapaHawg on September 16, 2006, 03:38:35 pm
Quote from: PigKahuna on September 16, 2006, 03:14:48 pm

We don't need fans like yourself.

Amen!

Praise Satan!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

CiriusPorker

Oliver

Quote from: harbingerofhog on September 16, 2006, 03:43:45 pm
I'm just gonna call this what it is...crap.  The freakin' title of the thread is: "Who ELSE WISHED that Vandy would have, lets just say it, won the game"  You lost me on the "who else wished" and "i didn't want us to lose" part.  My problem with your opinion isn't that it's shamefull and wrong, it's that you're gutless in defending it.  If you want us to lose, just say it, and don't be scared off by fonts on a screen.

Alright, I will admit this.  I didn't want us to lose until the field goal try by Vanderbilt.  I am a huge Hog fan and it hurts that we look this bad week after week.  I would have preferred that we won by 28 points like we should have this week.

Pork Twain

WilsonHog

Oh, BTW......for those folks whose sole contribution to this discussion is to personally attack a poster, do not make the mistake of thinking you have freedom of speech here.

The First Amendment has no application here.

mad hog

I kinda wish they would have made the FG, not so the Hogs would lose though. I just wanted to see Gus and Mitch pull the game out of the crapper with under a minute left and minus our last time out thanks to our brilliant HC.

You got lucky in more ways than one today Houston.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 16, 2006, 03:35:29 pm
Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 16, 2006, 03:14:38 pm
Quote from: SAUhogfan on September 16, 2006, 03:13:23 pm
I sure was cheering for them to make that field goal.  Wouldn't you take a loss to get rid of a cancer like Nutt?  It's kind of like cutting off the little toe to save the entire body.

I do see your point--we need this cancer eliminated.
Treat cancer with radiation not amputation. He is feeling plenty of heat right now. If it causes him to win, then he no longer is cancerous.

He can't make up 8+ years of mediocrity with a win against one of the worst teams in the SEC.  You huggers will never get it.  Your love for Nutt is another form of cancer to our program.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 16, 2006, 03:47:15 pm
Oh, BTW......for those folks whose sole contribution to this discussion is to personally attack a poster, do not make the mistake of thinking you have freedom of speech here.

The First Amendment has no application here.

I hope you don't mind, but to add to what you're saying.  Slander and Libel are NEVER protected under the first amendment.

PLAYBOAR

I'm glad we won.  Period.  Anybody that truly believes Nutt would be removed before the season is over is merely deluding themselves.  Having said that, I believe this is HDN's last year regardless (unless he wins 9 games... which won't happen).  So you guys just be patient.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

joco

Never would I wish that on the Razorbacks and it was driven home to me watching the game with my 7 year old son.  He doesn't know all the drama surrounding this season, all he knows is that these are the Razorbacks and they are his team.  I would never teach him to route against them.

Mr. Hogback075

ugly thats a very far stretch....

wanting the team to win or lose has nothing to do w/ Nutt.  bash nutt all you want, most folks wont care, but don't let the players hear us wishing them to lose.  it's not fair to them.

we have what we have this year folks...gonna have to live w/ it.  I've heard enough of this "cut off our nose to spite our face crap" and all you traitors who were preaching Vandy win need to stop, get behind this TEAM and wish them the best or shut up.

Everybody's heard all the "fire nutt" talk for weeks.  WE KNOW how you feel, don't ram it down our throats to make a point.  And to all those who wanna post "shut up hugger" posts to me, know that i am not a nutt hugger, i don't care if he is here or not, but he is now and i want the team to win everytime they step to the field.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

harbingerofhog

September 16, 2006, 03:58:08 pm #75 Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 04:07:47 pm by harbingerofhog
Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 16, 2006, 03:46:21 pm
Quote from: harbingerofhog on September 16, 2006, 03:43:45 pm

Alright, I will admit this.  I didn't want us to lose until the field goal try by Vanderbilt.  I am a huge Hog fan and it hurts that we look this bad week after week.  I would have preferred that we won by 28 points like we should have this week.
Finally, I agree with you.  If that's what you wanted to say, then your post should have read: "We should be ashamed we didn't hammer Vandy by 28"...not "Who else wishes we had lost".

edt

no it dang sure wasn't pretty, but you sorry sacks of hocky that wish the hogs would have lost should be kicked off this board for good. Just because you want Nutt gone is no excuse for wanting the hogs to lose.

go hogues

It was ugly, but this win will help us with morale against BAMA and we can now go into that one with a clear head, win and then have two weeks to heal and rest up for Auburn.  GO HOGS GO
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

98hogs

LSUfan20

This is the worst case scenario for any Hog fan.  Today's game did nothing but prolong Nutt's tenure while demonstrating how mediocre he has made your team.

pigture perfect

I have faith and believe in redemption. I think what has most of us upset here is that we will not have that signature loss that will ensure Nutts departure and Gus's promotion. Save the big groans and moans until after a loss. If we lose to MSU, I'll gripe as loud as anybody. Man it gets dull listening to all this negative junk about a Vandy win. Maybe it's time we start talking about a Bama loss for next week.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TuckFexas

Do I want Nutt gone? Yes. Do I ever WANT the hogs to lose. F*ck no. That's ridiculous.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

gat_sr

Quote from: HolcombeHog on September 16, 2006, 03:28:44 pm

This is sad.....

It's not sad. There are alot more people that thought that in the back of their minds then want to admit it

razor1

totally agree with you... 

PiggyBack

Which is worse, hoping that one loss ushers in a new coaching staff and a fresh start OR being so blindly loyal that your groupie-esqe love of a coach keeps him around and keeps the team mired in off the field controversy and on the field mediocrity?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Quote from: razor1 on September 16, 2006, 04:12:02 pm

totally agree with you... 
If you are happy with a coach like Dale that causes us to lose, then you aren't much of a fan. 

I'm glad they won because Mitch and the other young talent got some great experience.  Had RoJo started or had we not thrown the ball, I would have also hoped for a loss.

Bottom line is Dale needs to go, and a loss would have done that.

pigskinbyproduct

WilsonHog
Razorback Foundation Donor Since 1985
Administrator
Hogvillian

UA Alumnus, Class of 1985

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Who else wished that Vanderbilt would have made that field goal?
« Reply #66 on: Today at 03:43:24 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

An Arkansas fan interested in having a championship program in Fayetteville can either support the program or HDN - but not both.

This is the most concise point of the day! +1 to Wilson

PhoneMan

Guys! Vandy sucks, and we suck even more for it coming down to their field goal kicker missing the kick to win.  Right now I'd be fine w/ Malzahn being the head coach b/c we wouldn't do any worse.  We need a great defensive coordinator and a leader as a head coach.  All of our talent has been squandered and wasted by the HDN regime and it's time for change now.  I think Malzahn will be a dandy of a HC and we'd be stupid not to make him one NOW.

Calico_Hog

Junkyard Hog

harbingerofhog

Quote from: pigskinbyproduct on September 16, 2006, 04:21:36 pm
WilsonHog
Razorback Foundation Donor Since 1985
Administrator
Hogvillian

UA Alumnus, Class of 1985

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Who else wished that Vanderbilt would have made that field goal?
« Reply #66 on: Today at 03:43:24 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote

This is the most concise point of the day! +1 to Wilson
If there were a brown-nose +1, I'd give it to ya!

Porkette

No matter what the situation, a true Razorback fan NEVER roots for the Razorbacks to lose. If we had lost today, the appropriate line of thinking afterwards wouold be, the silver lining here is that Nutt may soon be gone.

But while the game is going on, real hog fans want nothing but success for your team. I personally wouldn't mind if Nutt were fired any time this season. I would actually be excited about it. But in the end, it's not about the coach at all. He's not technically even a Razorback; he's just an employee of the university.  It's all about the players who are out there fighting hard, and I'm excited they pulled out the win.
GO HOGS GO!

Michaelt

I think it should be simple. If you pull for another team to beat the Razorbacks, take anything Razorbacks off your avatar, and have your screen name changed to a non Razorbacks name, because IMO, if you're rooting against the Razorbacks, you are NOT a Razorbacks fan. It's that simple.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Hog Belly

You would rather see Arkansas loose to satisfy your wants??? You're pathetic! No more post from you. You're no fan. Get a life.

jabohog

Hog Belly

Quote from: PhoneMan on September 16, 2006, 04:23:05 pm
Guys! Vandy sucks, and we suck even more for it coming down to their field goal kicker missing the kick to win.  Right now I'd be fine w/ Malzahn being the head coach b/c we wouldn't do any worse.  We need a great defensive coordinator and a leader as a head coach.  All of our talent has been squandered and wasted by the HDN regime and it's time for change now.  I think Malzahn will be a dandy of a HC and we'd be stupid not to make him one NOW.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You're one of those "1 game a week" jokers that thinks he knows football. You can't get over Vandy's history! If you knew anything about football you would understand that Vandy is a good team. They have played with Michigan (which is 20 up in ND right now), Bama barely beat them. Please do your research before down playing a win to make the Razorbacks look bad.

Hog Belly

Not making too many friends here OMill!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm glad we won, but I will say it wasn't a "Hell Yeah, We are the Hogs Baby, Take that you braniacs, just know how lucky you were last year" Fist pumping kind of win.  It was more of a limp wristed "yay".  Kind of the same reaction when my wife told me she won 2 Clay Aiken tickets.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.