Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keck goes to..........

Started by Gushugger, September 15, 2006, 01:42:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gushugger

bigguy551122

well its official micheal keck picks missouri over arkansas.
perfection is all i expect.

311Hog

Redemption_Kings

WTH are ru talking about.

Who's Micheal keck and pick M over AR in what

Adam Stokes

bigguy551122

football . defensive end from missouri  75th ranked player in america

Redemption_Kings

got it............what are his player stats

HogFaninGA

That sucks.  Doesn't surprise me though.  

bigguy551122

2005 (Jr.) 147 tackles and 12 sacs . considered by most as the number one defensive end in america

mizzouman

Since 1894

Quote from: Redemption_Kings on September 15, 2006, 01:43:39 pm
WTH are ru talking about.

Who's Micheal keck and pick M over AR in what

There is an informed fan!!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Shizzle

Suprise Suprise Suprise, I doubt we end up getting one recruit in the top 500 in America.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Hudge

If I was a young stud I'd probably pick not to come to AR either. Especially with Herring as DC.

HogFaninGA

Yeah we know.  there are 2 other posts saying it.  it is not surprising. congrats to MO on a nice pickup--Thanks Nutt

cbjagman

Well, another one bites the dust...........................That stinks!

Smiter Man

Oliver

Quote from: bigguy551122 on September 15, 2006, 01:46:56 pm
considered by most as the number one defensive end in america

And people are surprised we didn't get him?  We didn't have room on staff to hire his high school coach, too.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 15, 2006, 01:51:24 pm
Quote from: bigguy551122 on September 15, 2006, 01:46:56 pm
considered by most as the number one defensive end in america

And people are surprised we didn't get him?  We didn't have room on staff to hire his high school coach, too.

We might after the Vandy game.

Choctaw Hog

ap89

wow
the guy doesnt wanna play for fans that boo their own players
AMAZING!

Oliver

Quote from: mudboy on September 15, 2006, 01:59:37 pm
wow
the guy doesnt wanna play for fans that boo their own players
AMAZING!

So he goes and plays for a school like Mizzou.  He obviously didn't watch Missouri basketball games before and has never, ever run into Quinn Snyder.

Gushugger

No, no that's not it.  He doesn't want to play for Houston and Reggie.  That probably has more to do with it.

nwarazfan

Yep, the fans will be blamed for him choosing Mizzou.  This staff and their mouthpieces always have an excuse for recruiting failures.  Can't wait to hear how its our fault this time.

HoopS

What?!  Shocking he wouldn't pick to leave Missouri to come to Arkansas where we have had a losing record 2 years running, fresh off another beating on the tube, amid discontent for our coach and in fact, some of our fans actually hope we lose tomorrow. 

What else could a kid ask for?

Oliver

Quote from: HoopSlap on September 15, 2006, 02:04:52 pm
What?!  Shocking he wouldn't pick to leave Missouri to come to Arkansas where we have had a losing record 2 years running, fresh off another beating on the tube, amid discontent for our coach and in fact, some of our fans actually hope we lose tomorrow Houston Nutt

What else could a kid ask for?

mizzouman

By the way, Keck graduates in December and will enroll at Mizzou in January.

Hog6

Quote from: HoopHog on September 15, 2006, 01:43:50 pm
No...everyone (except ODUS) knew he was square in Mizzou's camp.

I think it was pretty clear once he announced he was going to do the press  conf at his school.  When he visited for the USC game he said (at least) that he liked it at Ark and especially had good chemistry with the people.  I thought we at least had a chance.  He looks like a solid player.

artyhog

I understand that he would be a good recruit for the Hogs.

He is from Missouri and stayed in state.  Not a big shock.

If he was from Arkansas, then it would be a bigger deal.

BattleHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on September 15, 2006, 02:08:19 pm
By the way, Keck graduates in December and will enroll at Mizzou in January.

thank you, mizzouman.

BH

mizzouman

For what's it's worth, there have been several Missouri High School athletes that hold pressers to  let everyone know where they are going to college only to pick an out of state school. 

HognotinMemphis

Surprising. After he visited during USC weekend and watched the game, I can't believe he did not commit to Nutt that weekend.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Gushugger

September 15, 2006, 02:16:43 pm #31 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:11:31 pm by Gushugger
/

Craig O Squeal

But...he could have had Gatorade after practice, the best grass (field) in the country, massages...

Hog6

Quote from: mizzouman on September 15, 2006, 02:12:16 pm
For what's it's worth, there have been several Missouri High School athletes that hold pressers to  let everyone know where they are going to college only to pick an out of state school. 

Don't think that's the norm here in Arkansas, course we as a state know how to pick a side and stick to it!  Maybe it's in the genes.

OnYourToes

What HS does he go to?

Now I have yet another reason to disown the state in which I live.
Why did I not stay in Arkansas??
Oh yeah, I was 8 when we moved, on your own and under 10 years old is a tough combination. . .
Anyway good luck to him, I hope the Hogs win big and show him what he missed out on, I think he will get that at his first game in Columbia, the atmosphere doesn't even begin to compare with Fayetteville on game day!!

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Gushugger

He's a great athlete and seems to be a great kid.  I wish him the best.  Hope his teammate comes though.  But I think he's going where Keck goes.

hogsanity

This is typical of some.  I cant believe he stayed in his home state and chose not to come to AR.  Yet Ar is supposed to keep every recruti in state.  No one gets em all to stay, and no one gets em all to leave.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gushugger

September 15, 2006, 02:21:04 pm #37 Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:12:29 pm by Gushugger
l,

James K. Pork

Tonight on PravdaRap.  Message Boards influence recruit's decision!

I based my decision on message board posters.  Hogville was nasty to their coaches.  Tiger Board was 100% in support of Pinkel.

You know, my choice didn't come down to the potential of the program, honesty of the recruiter, or the ability of the coach.  hIm told me Nutt sucked, so I chose Mizzou.

AFWarrior83

G-R-E-A-T news! He picked a Big 12 team over an SEC team... The sad part is I don't know if we could beat Mizzu -Ick!
Hogville member since 2005.

Hog6

Quote from: Gushugger on September 15, 2006, 02:21:04 pm
Can someone please tell me who is upset with Keck choosing Mizzou?  I'm hearing a lot of talk but not seeing where it was said.

He was a pretty good prospect and liked his visit (yes, even though it sucks we lost to USC on the visit) and he'd been telling folks that his top two were Mizzou and Ark.  I'm not that upset but it would have been a nice addition.

BattleHawg

Quote from: James K. Pork on September 15, 2006, 02:22:03 pm

I based my decision on message board posters.  Hogville was nasty to their coaches.  Tiger Board was 100% in support of Pinkel.

You know, my choice didn't come down to the potential of the program, honesty of the recruiter, or the ability of the coach.  hIm told me Nutt sucked, so I chose Mizzou.

I hope u are kidding...

you think WE at hogville are why Keck chose mizzou?!

BH

James K. Pork

Quote from: BattleHawg on September 15, 2006, 02:25:38 pm

I hope u are kidding...

you think WE at hogville are why Keck chose mizzou?!

BH

Nope, I'm predicting the spin if this topic comes up tonight on Chuck's show.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogsanity on September 15, 2006, 02:19:38 pm
This is typical of some.  I cant believe he stayed in his home state and chose not to come to AR.  Yet Ar is supposed to keep every recruti in state.  No one gets em all to stay, and no one gets em all to leave.

You are pure genius. Tell us some more.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

mizzouman

From what I've learned is that Keck picked Mizzou over Ark because of the distance from home to campus and he believes in Pinkle more than Nutt.  It wasn't anything the Razorback program did.  He very much enjoyed Fayetteville, but thought that it was best to play for Pinkle and be closer to home.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Gushugger on September 15, 2006, 02:19:37 pm
He's a great athlete and seems to be a great kid.  I wish him the best.  Hope his teammate comes though.  But I think he's going where Keck goes.

I suppose you are talking about Steven Collins, both Mizzou & AR are interested, but neither has offered yet.  I think it is a lot more likely that Mizzou will offer now.  Also, I wish Keck well on the decision he made.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Since GM was recruiting Keck, I certainly hope you are not questioning his honesty and if you are then please inform the rest of us on the exact "dishonest thing" you are referring to.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 15, 2006, 02:22:12 pm
G-R-E-A-T news! He picked a Big 12 team over an SEC team... The sad part is I don't know if we could beat Mizzu -Ick!

Judging by how bad the sheep stalkers took the rebs to the woodshed, I'd say it would be rather close

Maybe if hdn rights the ship to a glorious 7-5 season, we can all find out in another "bigtime" bowl game match up  ::)

Hawgballz

Quote from: mizzouman on September 15, 2006, 03:48:49 pm
From what I've learned is that Keck picked Mizzou over Ark because of the distance from home to campus and he believes in Pinkle more than Nutt.  It wasn't anything the Razorback program did.  He very much enjoyed Fayetteville, but thought that it was best to play for Pinkle and be closer to home.

The distance from home thing seemed to really have a big effect on him.  He will be a quality addition to the MU class.  Hope we can find another one like him to bring into the Razorback family.

PigPen

LMAO