Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uh oh, looks like USC is gonna be in BIG trouble

Started by TXrazorback, September 14, 2006, 08:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mbgrulz

Quote from: HornetHog on September 14, 2006, 09:02:28 pm
V Young should have won the H Trophy anyway.
yeah, and texas should have had to buy only 1 NC ring. and that ring should say, if i werent a freak, texas would never have won this.

dont be fooled, SC will get off scott free. saying the NCAA will punish USC is like saying bush will sanction an oil company. they make each other lots and lots of money and that is all these people care about.

louisianahawg

September 14, 2006, 10:05:19 pm #51 Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:12:05 pm by louisianahawg
If USC beats the living day lights out of Nebraska will you guys ease up on Nutt?  Just curious.  I for one think USC should be #1.  Who is going to beat them this year?  Cal, Oregon, Ohio St?  No one will beat the Trojans. They will be in trouble though.  Most of the players are paid.

Junkyard Hog

I bet they get off.  We would get a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

The_Bionic_Pig

This sounds vaguely familiar ....is Southern Cal coming on Tennessee's schedule anytime soon? If so I bet I know who made that call...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

sidvicious

it was a very good and well written article.  great reporting.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 09:20:17 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 09:03:43 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 09:02:03 pm
Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 08:53:31 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 08:51:11 pm
USC is a Top Tier Program............................Nothing will happen....................Again
You guys crack me up.  You want everything to be a conspiracy... 

The NCAA has to prove that the coaching staff knew...  If something was happening under your nose and you never acknowledged it and later people found out tell me how anyone would prove you knew it was going on.

All they have to do is prove that he took the money.................They can still punish USC if the staff didn't know.................And it has nothing to do with a conspiracy, it's the truth about a top tier program today
Has the NCAA ever punished a school for a player taking money from an AGENT without them knowing???

Uh yeah..............If they prove that he took the money, then they rule him ineligible..............
Which means they forfeit every game he played in last year as well as his Heisman Trophy...........I would say that punishes the school, would'nt you ?
That is great but has it ever happened???  Examples please...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 08:35:58 pm
USC will not be held accountable for Bush's contact with an AGENT.  We are not talking about a booster or anyone that has any ties to the university.

Yes they very well could be.  Alabama had to forfeit games in the mid 90's and I believe was also put on probation for this very thing. 

Bacon out...

brichte

Did Chris Webber do this and they stripped Michigan of those games.

pigture perfect

Like another famous USC grad, They get away with murder.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tejano Jawg

So if we get a W for last year's USC game, does that mean we can retro-actively qualify for a bowl?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: murray-vegas on September 14, 2006, 08:28:20 pm
Quote from: wooo on September 14, 2006, 08:25:13 pm
We are gonna be 2-0 against USC!

we are back on track!

Can someone tell me how we'd be 2-0 against them? I thought Bush played last year and not this year.

Dale will spin it as a moral victory, now that this has come out..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Lando Calrissian

Vandy, you better watch out!

You've got a 2-0 steamroller headed your way!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

pigture perfect

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 15, 2006, 01:11:53 am
Quote from: murray-vegas on September 14, 2006, 08:28:20 pm
Quote from: wooo on September 14, 2006, 08:25:13 pm
We are gonna be 2-0 against USC!

we are back on track!

Can someone tell me how we'd be 2-0 against them? I thought Bush played last year and not this year.

Dale will spin it as a moral victory, now that this has come out..
To my old friend. I'm Man enough to say...You were right and I was wrong.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Root Hog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 15, 2006, 01:08:11 am
So if we get a W for last year's USC game, does that mean we can retro-actively qualify for a bowl?

Yeah.  This one:

Atreyu

Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 08:46:19 pm
Quote from: krack1925 on September 14, 2006, 08:45:07 pm
I do hate houston.... after those games I had enough hate to go around.  You don't let agents on the sidelines.  t even talks in the artical about Pete thought something was going on but didn't make the call....  What can the NCAA do to Bush... take awa his birthday???  What?  I realy want to know cuase I can't think of anything.

If they knew he was taking money they are supposed to do what Oklahoma did.... But they didn't. 

Burden of proof lies with the NCAA.  Try to prove that USC KNEW he was getting money.

The article clearly states that USC's running back coach knew about alot of this. He should have told someone. Therefore, USC knew about it.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

ben_hoggin

does this mean were bowl eligible for last year?

opps posted before i read all the previous posts

Redemption_Kings

Can they really strip his heismen away and if so who would they give it to.

Vince Young

bigghurtt

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on September 15, 2006, 01:16:29 am
Vandy, you better watch out!

You've got a 2-0 steamroller headed your way!

sorry genius, bush wasn't at usc this year.

does anyone actually pay attention?

werehog

Yahoo is a dying web browser. It is desperate for publicity, so it rehashes a story that several months old. USC will be punished for this. Yeah, sure. Dwayne Jarrett will also be declared ineligible.

hoggerdinger

Yahoo sports investigators???????  Google better get their crap together or their sunk.

hogfan13

Pork Twain

September 15, 2006, 07:22:35 am #71 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 07:24:06 am by BeoPig
Quote from: Atreyu on September 15, 2006, 01:25:57 am
I do hate houston.... after those games I had enough hate to go around.  You don't let agents on the sidelines.  t even talks in the artical about Pete thought something was going on but didn't make the call....  What can the NCAA do to Bush... take awa his birthday???  What?  I realy want to know cuase I can't think of anything.

If they knew he was taking money they are supposed to do what Oklahoma did.... But they didn't. 

Burden of proof lies with the NCAA.  Try to prove that USC KNEW he was getting money.

The article clearly states that USC's running back coach knew about alot of this. He should have told someone. Therefore, USC knew about it.
Reporting the facts and proving them are not the same thing.  Why is this so hard to understand???  Look at the OJ trial.  We all know he was guilty but it couldn't be proven in court.

Was the deal at Alabama an AGENT???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Junkyard Hog

If we got a W for the USC game last year, we would still be 5-6 and not bowl eligible.

hawgmania

Kevin Burnett
Sherwood, AR

UhOhioHog

September 15, 2006, 08:00:40 am #74 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:02:13 am by TexasHogfan
$100k for a Heisman?

How much did OJ get for his?

Probation coming to South Central.  Go Bruins!!!      8)

:razorback:

HogFaninGA

It does seem that USC is immune from accountability.  The NCAA always protect the big boys like Notre Dame, USC, ect., but pick on us, Bama, SMU (death penalty in the 80's), and many many more.  There is certainly favoritism in the NCAA ranks or so it seems.

kitshicker

If this had happened at Arkansas...we'd be eaten alive

Tylerhog

When some poor kid drives up in a new hummer to practice do you really think the coaches wouldnt wonder where he got it. I heard about A. Peterson driving one at Oklahoma and I dont think there is any way he nor his family could have bought it. He was test driving it, for a year!

hogfan064

This could lead to us beating Southern Cal in last year's game

17-70 Hogs Win!!

hogfan13

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on September 15, 2006, 07:48:33 am
If we got a W for the USC game last year, we would still be 5-6 and not bowl eligible.
But it would be a W

hogfan13

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on September 15, 2006, 07:48:33 am
And find someway to get another W from last season

Hawgz4Life

V Young should have won the H Trophy anyway.

He was getting paid more anyways...

Sao Ming

Forget the Heisman, what about the possibility of OU getting their 8th National Title?

Pignutx32

Quote from: BeoPig on September 15, 2006, 07:22:35 am
Quote from: Atreyu on September 15, 2006, 01:25:57 am

Reporting the facts and proving them are not the same thing.  Why is this so hard to understand???  Look at the OJ trial.  We all know he was guilty but it couldn't be proven in court.

Was the deal at Alabama an AGENT???

It doesn't matter who it was....that is the "institutional control" part.  The University is supposed to stay in control of all of it's players and make sure that they are abiding by all of the rules of the NCAA.  If a player breaks those rules then the "institution" is no longer in control of that player.

plus...the article says that these people were on the sidelines and at practices...do you think that the Coaches don't know who is on their sidelines and at their practices?  Do you think that just anybody can gain access to those places?

cbjagman

My beat is that it will never happen(penalties). My bet is that the "rubbers" will slide out (no pun intended) of whatever might be looked at by the NCAA. Come on, guys and gals. They're one of the big "haves" of the NCAA and trust me when I say that the NCAA always takes care of its own. Just about have to be caught on video doing something wrong for the eliteist programs of the organization to be penalized at all. Then, and only then, when punishment is due it turns out to be a slap on the wrist.

mbgrulz

most likely they can never prove that a coach knew about what was going on, but they can prove that a coach should have known, and that would make him just as guilty. turning a blind eye doesnt make you innocent...but i guess being USC does.

hawgfan_18

good i hope their program falls apart, you want to think team is good because they have good coaching and great recruiting like USC then makes you think when you hear of something like this, like i said i hope this ruins their football for 10 years.  i dont' know why maybe because they've embarassed us 2 years in a row but when miami was winning or ohio state won the national championship or even texas for that matter it was fine, hogs weren't winning but it wasn't a big deal.  USC winning makes me sick. they're too cocky, this should bring them back to earth...