Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uh oh, looks like USC is gonna be in BIG trouble

Started by TXrazorback, September 14, 2006, 08:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TXrazorback

Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

RazorRaider

$100k in benefits for him and his family? This could get ugly.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

TXrazorback

According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

wooo

We are gonna be 2-0 against USC!

we are back on track!

TXrazorback

RhodeHog

TXrazorback

I think it is kind of strange that Yahoo! is reporting this and there is nothing on ESPN

RazorRaider

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

JamesWParks

I just find it hard to believe USC had a hand in this.  Why would they do ALL of that and risk jeopardizing their entire program?  It was obviously agents trying to suck up to Bush, and they knew they could afford to do it because Bush was going to make millions.

Bush made the money, go after him, not USC.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

murray-vegas

Quote from: wooo on September 14, 2006, 08:25:13 pm
We are gonna be 2-0 against USC!

we are back on track!

Can someone tell me how we'd be 2-0 against them? I thought Bush played last year and not this year.

wooo

it that the Jamie Parks that I know?

the Jamie Parks with all Razorback knowledge?

Brand X Hog Fan

Holy Crap! That figures . . . and they are on Arkansas about the Springdale Four?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Pignominious

I don't care for USC.  Let 'em burn for all I care.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

wooo

yeah-you're right

"1-1 against USC"

We're back on track!

is that better?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: JamesWParks on September 14, 2006, 08:27:40 pm
I just find it hard to believe USC had a hand in this.  Why would they do ALL of that and risk jeopardizing their entire program?  It was obviously agents trying to suck up to Bush, and they knew they could afford to do it because Bush was going to make millions.

Things like this go on a lot more than you thing...(although, this one is huge in magnitude!!)
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

antonio65

IF they punish Arkansas for a booster giving players jobs and paying them too much then they should ding USC for all this. Agents on the side lines and at practices. Payments and trips for player and family. Come on.

riccoar

hawgball

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: wooo on September 14, 2006, 08:30:21 pm
yeah-you're right

"1-1 against USC"

We're back on track!

is that better?

Oh thank god. We were really only 5-6 last year. Give Nutt tenure.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawg23

just reported it on ESPN...its easy to run a top program when u pay off all the recruits.!
"Was like a full crowd scene at the food lines"

pioneerhog

This is USC, nothing will happen. It will be swept under the rug.

Pork Twain

USC will not be held accountable for Bush's contact with an AGENT.  We are not talking about a booster or anyone that has any ties to the university.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawgz4Life

September 14, 2006, 08:36:10 pm #22 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:14:27 am by Hawgz4Life
ESPN LOOOOVES USC...they aren't going to break thier necks to make thier darlings look bad. Nothing will come of this, except maybe a stiff fine and a slap on the wrist....it's USC, for Pete's sake. No pun intended...

arkrzrbacks

krack1925

"lack of institutional control"

This could get real bad, and should.  However the NCAA will not want to do anything the the golden cashcows of the west.  Thing is, if they pull bush they have to forfit games right???  NO national championship.  They didn't win the first one... LSU did, now no second one either....   Not just no Two-Pete.  It is NO-Pete...  God i hate pete caroll.

Pork Twain

Quote from: krack1925 on September 14, 2006, 08:38:54 pm
"lack of institutional control"

This could get real bad, and should.  However the NCAA will not want to do anything the the golden cashcows of the west.  Thing is, if they pull bush they have to forfit games right???  NO national championship.  They didn't win the first one... LSU did, now no second one either....   Not just no Two-Pete.  It is NO-Pete...  God i hate pete caroll.

Name me one time that a univeristy has gotten in trouble for a player having ties to an agent behind their backs.  This was not a booster so it is not even close to what happened with us.

Why do you hate him???  Because he is a great college coach that has kiced our asses two years in a row???  You should hate HDN for letting him do it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

JamesWParks

Quote from: Yindao on September 14, 2006, 08:31:06 pm

Things like this go on a lot more than you thing...(although, this one is huge in magnitude!!)

Oh I know stuff goes on, trust me.  Many, many programs do some under the table things, but I don't believe USC did something to this extent.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

HDale

Has Pete Carrol started the "cloud spin" yet?
Has he asked for a two year pass?
I will always hate the Dork

krack1925

I do hate houston.... after those games I had enough hate to go around.  You don't let agents on the sidelines.  t even talks in the artical about Pete thought something was going on but didn't make the call....  What can the NCAA do to Bush... take awa his birthday???  What?  I realy want to know cuase I can't think of anything.

If they knew he was taking money they are supposed to do what Oklahoma did.... But they didn't. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: JamesWParks on September 14, 2006, 08:42:59 pm
Quote from: Yindao on September 14, 2006, 08:31:06 pm

Oh I know stuff goes on, trust me.  Many, many programs do some under the table things, but I don't believe USC did something to this extent.
Unless USC is hiring agents to represent the players behind their own backs they did nothing wrong.  If this was the UofA they were talking about you would be saying the university can't be held responsible but since it is a team that has handed us our asses the last two years you want to see them beat any you can.  That is sad...

Pork Twain

Quote from: krack1925 on September 14, 2006, 08:45:07 pm
I do hate houston.... after those games I had enough hate to go around.  You don't let agents on the sidelines.  t even talks in the artical about Pete thought something was going on but didn't make the call....  What can the NCAA do to Bush... take awa his birthday???  What?  I realy want to know cuase I can't think of anything.

If they knew he was taking money they are supposed to do what Oklahoma did.... But they didn't. 

Burden of proof lies with the NCAA.  Try to prove that USC KNEW he was getting money.

An old hog fanatic

I just can't imagine Pete and the boys allowing something like this to happen right under their noses.  ;)
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Pork Twain

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on September 14, 2006, 08:48:28 pm
I just can't imagine Pete and the boys allowing something like this to happen right under their noses.  ;)
Proof???

HogHillbilly

USC is a Top Tier Program............................Nothing will happen....................Again
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 08:51:11 pm
USC is a Top Tier Program............................Nothing will happen....................Again
You guys crack me up.  You want everything to be a conspiracy... 

The NCAA has to prove that the coaching staff knew...  If something was happening under your nose and you never acknowledged it and later people found out tell me how anyone would prove you knew it was going on.

krack1925

QuoteI just can't imagine Pete and the boys allowing something like this to happen right under their noses.  Wink
Proof???

you act like I or anyone else on here is just sitting on some photos of agents handing Bush money while Pete slalls him on the back.  No I have no proof. 
I will tell you on thing, Pete caroll is a good coach, and good coaches take care of details.  You are telling me that you think that He didn't know about this?  You are telling me that his #1 running back is partying it up in LV and Pete dosn't know?  You are telling me that he didn't know who was walking HIS sidelines during practice?  I don't cre what I can prove...  Did he know....  Yeah, he knew.  He might not have known that the family was playing two or three against the middle and taking money from them all but he knew something.

Pork Twain

Quote from: krack1925 on September 14, 2006, 08:57:31 pm
QuoteI just can't imagine Pete and the boys allowing something like this to happen right under their noses.  Wink
Proof???

you act like I or anyone else on here is just sitting on some photos of agents handing Bush money while Pete slalls him on the back.  No I have no proof. 
I will tell you on thing, Pete caroll is a good coach, and good coaches take care of details.  You are telling me that you think that He didn't know about this?  You are telling me that his #1 running back is partying it up in LV and Pete dosn't know?  You are telling me that he didn't know who was walking HIS sidelines during practice?  I don't cre what I can prove...  Did he know....  Yeah, he knew.  He might not have known that the family was playing two or three against the middle and taking money from them all but he knew something.
That is fine but now you have to prove it.  That is what I am saying is hard to do.  Knowing something and proving it are not even close to being the same.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 08:53:31 pm

The NCAA has to prove that the coaching staff knew...  If something was happening under your nose and you never acknowledged it and later people found out tell me how anyone would prove you knew it was going on.

All they have to do is prove that he took the money.................They can still punish USC if the staff didn't know.................And it has nothing to do with a conspiracy, it's the truth about a top tier program today

HornetHog

Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

bigred7987

I hate USC but I can't hate Reggie Bush.  I really don't think there is anything to this, he knew the money would be coming so its not like he had to take it then and thats it.  He's a smart guy so I doubt all of these allegations right now

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 09:02:03 pm

All they have to do is prove that he took the money.................They can still punish USC if the staff didn't know.................And it has nothing to do with a conspiracy, it's the truth about a top tier program today
Has the NCAA ever punished a school for a player taking money from an AGENT without them knowing???

JamesWParks

SMU was considered a top tier program, NCAA didn't have a problem shutting them down.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

TXrazorback

Quote from: JamesWParks on September 14, 2006, 09:07:10 pm

SMU was considered a top tier program, NCAA didn't have a problem shutting them down.

I don't think you can compare USC to SMU, but I am young, so i don't remember SMU ever being a top teir program

riccoar

From the NCAA's perspective, every program under scrutiny is guilty until they prove otherwise.  Look at Fat Boy Phil.  He gave up Alabama on a silver platter, told everybody else it was us, and Tennessee rode off into the sunset with no questions asked.

HogHillbilly

September 14, 2006, 09:20:17 pm #47 Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 11:44:07 am by HogHillbilly
Quote from: BeoPig on September 14, 2006, 09:03:43 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 14, 2006, 09:02:03 pm

Has the NCAA ever punished a school for a player taking money from an AGENT without them knowing???

Uh yeah..............If they prove that he took the money, then they rule him ineligible..............
Which means they forfiet every game he played in last year as well as his Heisman Trophy...........I would say that punishes the school, would'nt you ?

RazorPig

It makes things a little easeir for us to swallow knowing that we were beaten by one of the very best semi-professional teams in the US.......damn, we're really pretty good.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government. " -- Patrick Henry

RazorPig

It makes things a little easeir for us to swallow knowing that we were beaten by one of the very best semi-professional teams in the US.......damn, we're really pretty good. :razorback:
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government. " -- Patrick Henry