Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WAIT'LL OTIS SEES US...HE HATES US!!!

Started by Sao Ming, September 12, 2006, 03:25:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gohawgzgo

Quote from: cbad on September 12, 2006, 06:25:52 pm
:(
Now we are Pinheads.
Does Odus have cottonballs in his mouth?
:razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:

FIXED it for ya
F#ckem if they can't take a joke.

_Collin1

Post the number in here, lets give it a call
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Reaganite

No Chuck... NUTT won't let Gus do his thing... not the frickin' callers!  LOL

WilsonHog

Now we are Pinheads.
Does Odus have cottonballs in his mouth?

Sure.....some redneck hayseed who is lucky to have a high school diploma is gonna call someone else a pinhead.

williamsB

You guys are all English majors I see.

And you act like Otis does not get onto Nutt and that is a lie.

And you also act like Otis did not do well with recruiting before Nutt was there. He worked with coaches long before Nutt got there.

And I love the way you say you like our players but that they are not very good players and Otis said they were.

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

JIHawg

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 06:27:03 pm
They are only taking calls from homers now.

All 3 of them.  ;)
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

_Collin1

See...  they are taking people that say Chuck Nail is calling the games....  great way to have a good show is have bubba from ho dunk talk about Chuck Nail.

Reaganite

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: williamsB on September 12, 2006, 06:28:06 pm

And you also act like Otis did not do well with recruiting before Nutt was there. He worked with coaches long before Nutt got there.

And I love the way you say you like our players but that they are not very good players and Otis said they were.

hello bruce from clarksville

nwarazfan

Here is the top suspect for that earlier caller.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: gohawgzgo on September 12, 2006, 06:27:30 pm
Now we are Pinheads.
Does Odus have cottonballs NUTTS in his mouth?

FIXED it for ya

;)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

_Collin1

You obviously didnt here Otis talk about giving Anthony Brown a shot at Linebacker.  Hell lets give him a stab at QB,TE, and SS while were at it.

WilsonHog

Aw, these folks ain't even thought about squirming yet........

..........like they will in a few weeks.  ;D

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: HotRodHog on September 12, 2006, 06:19:46 pm
Just shot this off to Sports Wrap, crank-it-up boys.

Chuck,

We know Arkansas was playing Utah State, please tell Otis to quit patronizing the fans. Additionally, Otis Kirks' "Flight of Fancy" concerning how many points we could have scored versus the reality of the score is really amusing, nothing more. This ship is clearly sinking.

Question to Otis:
Since clearly unprofessional media-types are trying to get Nutt fired, why not out them right here - right now - on radio? You don't like what they are doing to our program, so give us some names to attach to these guys. If you going to play this game - play it right, give them an opportunity to rebut you.

Chuck - two of your three cohorts are quite good, Otis is like the algae eater in the tank.

Algae eater! I love it!

mikeirwin

I'm not listening to the show but I'm puzzed as to how a person in the media could get HDN fired.
We don't have that kind of power.
A lot of coaches have been fired on the Hill in my 31 years of covering the various programs. I don't know of single one who was fired because of the media.
Coaches are fired by JFB.
He has never consulted with anyone I know in the media before firing a coach.

gohawgzgo

Quote from: cbad on September 12, 2006, 06:30:04 pm
Quote from: gohawgzgo on September 12, 2006, 06:27:30 pm
Now we are Pinheads.
Does Odus have cottonballs NUTTS in his mouth?

FIXED it for ya

;)

+1

Reaganite

If the screener was smart, he'd be loading up on GOOD callers that want to really get into it with them.

That's what drives ratings and makes good radio.  The lovefest kills it.

Landonhog

I know we have plenty of rednecks in Oklahoma, but these accents are cracking me up....!

First time listener... (online)

HotRodHog

Chuck knew this guy had to be unscrewed from the ceiling, so he has given him softballs and oxygen during the break. It must not be over. I was just about to ..... myself and they go and take their marbles.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

HedgeDweller

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 12, 2006, 06:28:43 pm
Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 12, 2006, 06:25:12 pm
Otis is correct about one thing...  All this negative stuff being spewed will effect recruiting.  So we can't complain about it come February.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THE LAST RECRUITING CLASS HAD GUS NOT BEEN HIRED!  Nutt & Co. can't recruit period.
Please take your time when you read the post, and think for a moment about what it says.
The post is referring to the coming recruiting class, and the negativity that is going on NOW.  No reference to Nutt, Gus and last year.

williamsB

Otis is correct about one thing...  All this negative stuff being spewed will effect recruiting.  So we can't complain about it come February.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THE LAST RECRUITING CLASS HAD GUS NOT BEEN HIRED!  Nutt & Co. can't recruit period.

That is a mute point because they did hire Gus. If we had done this or that in some games last year, we would have won them.....but you can not say that.

JIHawg

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 12, 2006, 06:30:44 pm
I'm not listening to the show but I'm puzzed as to how a person in the media could get HDN fired.
A lot of coaches have been fired on the Hill in my 31 years of covering the various programs. I don't know of single one who was fired because of the media.

Otis coming up with some rumors and conspiracy theories of his own. 

nwarazfan

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 12, 2006, 06:31:52 pm

Please take your time when you read the post, and think for a moment about what it says.
The post is referring to the coming recruiting class, and the negativity that is going on NOW.  No reference to Nutt, Gus and last year.

Talking about the class where we are once again beating out CUSA, WAC and MWC schools for players?  Yep, its our fault.  Go back to Grit's board.

Reaganite

Quote from: williamsB on September 12, 2006, 06:33:06 pm

That is a mute point because they did hire Gus. If we had done this or that in some games last year, we would have won them.....but you can not say that.

Obviously you're not an english major either... It's MOOT.

Tusks

You insinuate that Otis is a professional journalist that doesn't suck up to the coaches or cross a journalist ethical line between covering a program or being too involved in one.  There's difference between covering the news or conspiring to make the news.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 12, 2006, 06:30:44 pm

You should call in and set them straight... ;)

Bacon out...

Reaganite

Sports Rap:

In Central Arkansas 433-8255 or statewide toll-free 1-866-275-TALK or 1-866-275-8255.

hogomatic

Otis is that you??? btw sentences do not start with And

HedgeDweller

Quote from: nwarazfan on September 12, 2006, 06:34:03 pm
Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 12, 2006, 06:31:52 pm

Talking about the class where we are once again beating out CUSA, WAC and MWC schools for players?  Yep, its our fault.  Go back to Grit's board.
Grit has a board?  Sorry, I don't subscribe.
The negative comments and 'boos' (as commented on by Ziemba) do have an effect. 

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: Reaganite on September 12, 2006, 06:34:06 pm
Otis is correct about one thing...  All this negative stuff being spewed will effect recruiting.  So we can't complain about it come February.

HOW WOULD YOU RATE THE LAST RECRUITING CLASS HAD GUS NOT BEEN HIRED!  Nutt & Co. can't recruit period.

What's a mute point??
Is that kind of like how we loosed to USC??  ;)

bigguy551122

perfection is all i expect.

gohawgzgo

Quote from: Reaganite on September 12, 2006, 06:34:06 pm

no he meant the point was silent.  as I the TV made a mute point after I muted it.  Or similar to a MOO point.  Which is a cow's oppinion and doesn't matter

Reaganite

News flash for Barrett and Kirk:

People listen to you for entertainment value.

Oh, you say, that's great.

It's the entertainment value in listening to undying spin in the face of undeniable truth.

It's frickin' hillarious!

TulsaHogFan

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

whatsshakinbacon

I'm sorry, but is Chuck bashing on Wally right now?  Says he only comes to Fayetteville 4-5 times a year when it's not a game.  Otis being compliantly quiet.

Wow.

Bacon out...

williamsB

I was just wondering what all of you have done for the Hogs that can touch all the good that Otis has done. Sure he has flaws but I was wondering how perfect some of you are..... :D

football17

I cannot believe Chuck is bashing wally.. I believe everything wally supposedely said... totally unprofessional for Church to bash wally.. THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

Reaganite

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 12, 2006, 06:40:11 pm
I'm sorry, but is Chuck bashing on Wally right now?  Says he only comes to Fayetteville 4-5 times a year when it's not a game.  Otis being compliantly quiet.

Wow.

Bacon out...

They have these things called telephones.  I bet a few people on the Hill have his number too.

Reaganite

Quote from: football17 on September 12, 2006, 06:41:16 pm
I cannot believe Chuck is bashing wally.. I believe everything wally supposedely said... totally unprofessional for Church to bash wally.. THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

He's deflecting attention from Grit right now.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: williamsB on September 12, 2006, 06:01:23 pm
many more like him than don't. He does as good a job as anyone in the recruiting business, but that is a very much of a guessing business.
Quote from: BloodRedHog on September 12, 2006, 06:01:23 pm
Otis does not quite understand that no one with any intelligence respects his opinion...
LOL!! A perfect post sequence to to illustrate the difference between Hugger and Darksider.

Reaganite

Now he's debating whether we'll be an above .500 team.  After two losing seasons?  That illustrates the unacceptable situation this program is in.

hogman64

You know things are getting bad when the homers are bashing each other....like rats on a sinking ship..........

williamsB

do you guys really think that your superior attitude over Broyles, coaches and the media people, means any of them will lose any sleep tonight or not get a pay check?

Some of you posted that ticket sales would be way down this year because of Nutt.

Your records are not so dependable  ;)

_Collin1

Quote from: pseudorabies on September 12, 2006, 06:34:00 pm
Did they happen to pimp my shirts for me? 

The black shirts at the Alabama game have been talked about in hour 1.

gohawgzgo

September 12, 2006, 06:44:53 pm #198 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:47:54 pm by gohawgzgo
What difference does it make whether or not Wally goes to Fa yetville during the week?  A blind dog in a Meat house could see Markuson has issues with Mahlzahn.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: williamsB on September 12, 2006, 06:40:39 pm
I was just wondering what all of you have done for the Hogs that can touch all the good that Otis has done. Sure he has flaws but I was wondering how perfect some of you are..... :D

Its not what Otis has or hasn't done for the program . . . its what the program is doing for the state. I don't want another losing season, finishing 3rd or 4th in the division. Bottom line, if HDN is tying gus's hands then he needs to stop it and lets see what happens when we open up. Otis is defending HDN to the bitter end, regardless of the consequences.