Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy at +6.5

Started by _Collin1, September 12, 2006, 11:17:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

_Collin1

I have to make this bet for Vanderbilt.  They covered the spread against Michigan and Alabama...  ALMOST beat Bama.  Those teams are arguably better than us.  6.5 points?  Chalk up Vandy as the winner.

I will make some money on the Hogs one way or another.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Conway Cool Daddy

Never, ever bet against or for the Hogs.
It will always break your heart.

:razorback:

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

hogfan064

I'm not sure if Bama is better than the Hogs.  They struggled against a bad Hawaii team at home. 

HogFaninGA

I would bet on Vandy also.  They are not as bad as some people think.  Their offense sucks, but guess what, so does ours.  Their defense did a pretty good job against 2 teams that are (not arguable) better than us.  Maybe deep down I'm hoping Vandy beats us.  I can't believe I said that, but if that is what it takes to get rid of Nutt, then in the long term it will be better for our program.  Nutt is a cancer that need to be removed.

hogfan064

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 12, 2006, 11:22:26 am
I would bet on Vandy also.  They are not as bad as some people think.  Their offense sucks, but guess what, so does ours.  Their defense did a pretty good job against 2 teams that are (not arguable) better than us.  Maybe deep down I'm hoping Vandy beats us.  I can't believe I said that, but if that is what it takes to get rid of Nutt, then in the long term it will be better for our program.  Nutt is a cancer that need to be removed.

If you honestly hope Vandy beats us then that's just sick.  If you don't like HDN then that's fine, but you should support our players and team and want what is best for Arkansas.  Losing to Vandy isn't what's best. 

Vandy won't be able to score enough to keep up with us.  While our offense isn't great we do have playmakers.  DMac alone can win us this game b/c Vandy won't score over 10

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 11:17:32 am
I have to make this bet for Vanderbilt.  They covered the spread against Michigan and Alabama...  ALMOST beat Bama.  Those teams are arguably better than us.  6.5 points?  Chalk up Vandy as the winner.

Yeah, someone said the same thing last week with the spread against Ut St. Siad we'd be pissed and would kill the spread.

Ooops.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 12, 2006, 11:28:35 am

If you honestly hope Vandy beats us then that's just sick.  If you don't like HDN then that's fine, but you should support our players and team and want what is best for Arkansas.  Losing to Vandy isn't what's best. 

Vandy won't be able to score enough to keep up with us.  While our offense isn't great we do have playmakers.  DMac alone can win us this game b/c Vandy won't score over 10

You are right, I'am sick. Sick of mediocrity and bad coaching.  I support our players 100% and I think that a loss to Vandy will make them better players.  How?  Hopefully a loss to Vandy will be enough to get rid of Nutt, and allow us to hire a competent coach who can actually make our players better.  Nutt takes great recruits and makes them play at below their capabilities b/c he can't coach.  The only way our young players will ever reach their full potential, will be when Nutt is gone and another (hopefully Butch) takes his place.

Big Hawg 21

Some fan you are..hoping that they lose?   Pitiful..

_Collin1

Quote from: Big Hawg 21 on September 12, 2006, 11:59:12 am

Some fan you are..hoping that they lose?   Pitiful..

I disagree.  There are circumstances keeping us from winning.  It seems there is only one thing to cure the cancer.  A loss to Vandy would surely cut the cancer out of our Razorback system..... 

GuvHog

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 11:17:32 am

I disagree. Michigan is no where near the powerhouse they used to be and that's why
Lloyd Carr is on the hot seat. They're average at best. Alabama, as I've predicted, is
just beginning to feel the effects of their probation. They're mediocre at best and that's
pushing it. Hawaii is just plain bad. Hogs will beat both Vandy and Bama.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

jackwalker

Vandy is one of the best coached teams in the SEC. They will be ready to play.  They will give the Hogs all they can handle.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

TulsaHogFan

Guv didn't you predict a win against USC too?

I am taking Vandy and I would do it with no points too

_Collin1

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on September 12, 2006, 12:28:06 pm

I am taking Vandy.  No way we beat them by a Touchdown.  If Utah State can push the D around and Vandy can hang tight in the Big House????

Mula for Big C.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Big Hawg 21 on September 12, 2006, 11:59:12 am

Some fan you are..hoping that they lose?   Pitiful..

HE IS NOT A FAN OF THE RAZORBACKS, he may be a fan of some team, but it is obvious that he is not a fan of the hogs.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

john boy

I can't believe that people actually think that even if nutt was to be fired, that they would hire a new coach during the season, they would wait until the season's end, and then go looking for someone else, in the meanwhile they would just use one on the coaching staff as a interm coach. Personally I do not care if it is nutt, Butch, of a monkey as long as we win ball games.

Conway Cool Daddy

Tulsa, are you really taking Vandy straight up?
I value your opinion, if you truely feel this way then my confidence in the Hogs  is really going to take a hit. I just can't see us losing to those guys two years in a row. I would take the Hogs +7. I guess it's a good thing I don't gamble anymore.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: john boy on September 12, 2006, 12:44:19 pm
I can't believe that people actually think that even if nutt was to be fired, that they would hire a new coach during the season, they would wait until the season's end, and then go looking for someone else, in the meanwhile they would just use one on the coaching staff as a interm coach. Personally I do not care if it is nutt, Butch, of a monkey as long as we win ball games.

They most likely would not use someone that is on staff like Herring, Gus, ect..  They would hire an interim HC like Butch in my opinion.

WILL CLINTON

Take Vandy and the points.  Vandy is 7-1 ATS in September.  This doesn't mean you think Vandy will win, or you are betting against the Hogs to win, it just means you think Vandy will lose by less than 6.5.  Oh, and if you can get a total, take the under, Arkansas is 10-2 for the Under off back to back ATS losses.

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

_Collin1

Quote from: dubyacee on September 12, 2006, 12:51:07 pm
Take Vandy and the points.  Vandy is 7-1 ATS in September.  This doesn't mean you think Vandy will win, or you are betting against the Hogs to win, it just means you think Vandy will lose by less than 6.5.  Oh, and if you can get a total, take the under, Arkansas is 10-2 for the Under off back to back ATS losses.

As a person thats bets... Thats a great post Dub.

northsidegrizzly06

You guys are ridiculous..... hoping we lose to Vandy so hdn can be fired. If u were a true hog fan then you would never hope we lose to anyone especially vandy.Your hatred for nutt is overriding your love for the razorbacks.this is pitifful

GuvHog

I origionally predicted that the Hogs would go 9-3 with losses to USC, Auburn, and LSU,
but when I predicted a final score for USC, I mistyped and said the Hogs would win. I had
forgotten about my earlier pick.

jackwalker

Quote from: northsidegrizzly06 on September 12, 2006, 01:02:39 pm
You guys are ridiculous..... hoping we lose to Vandy so hdn can be fired. If u were a true hog fan then you would never hope we lose to anyone especially vandy.Your hatred for nutt is overriding your love for the razorbacks.this is pitifful

You are the first person to ever post something like that. Really.

::)

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: dubyacee on September 12, 2006, 12:51:07 pm

Do you think Vandy is 7-1 against the spread because so many people think they suck? My point is Vandy is usually horrible in September, thus the lines tend to be bigger than they should, almost a reverse Notre Dame.
I don't think people look at them as being quite so bad this year. Normally I would think the line would have been higher. Just a thought.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 12, 2006, 11:18:58 am
I'm not sure if Bama is better than the Hogs.  They struggled against a bad Hawaii team at home. 

Not any worse than struggling against Utah State at home..
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

GuvHog

Quote from: jackwalker on September 12, 2006, 12:20:19 pm
Vandy is one of the best coached teams in the SEC. They will be ready to play.  They will give the Hogs all they can handle.

There's only ONE problem with that Jack, Vandys offense stinks as bad or worse than Miss States offense. They'll be lucky if they're even able to kick a field goal against the Hogs.

_Collin1

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 12, 2006, 01:08:12 pm

There's only ONE problem with that Jack, Vandys offense stinks as bad or worse than Miss States offense. They'll be lucky if they're even able to kick a field goal against the Hogs.

If they do kick a field goal can we have their kicker?

GuvHog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 12, 2006, 01:07:54 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on September 12, 2006, 11:18:58 am

Not any worse than struggling against Utah State at home..

I wouldn't say the Hogs struggled against Utah State. Where they flat? Yes.
Did they struggle? NO.

GuvHog

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 01:09:21 pm

If they do kick a field goal can we have their kicker?

Good point. Hopefully the Hogs kicker will straighten himself out.

stlouiesooie

Quote from: northsidegrizzly06 on September 12, 2006, 01:02:39 pm

Its called tough love!

TOM "tbw1"

Define struggle. 

For the record, please discuss what Alabama did and did not do against Hawaii.  Did you listen to or watch the game?  Are you just comparing scores?
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Hogeye_Pierce

Yeah, but since we have a kicker who struggles with XPs (let alone FGs) AND your offense has a bad tendency to turn the ball over then you can be in for real trouble.

Even the WORST offense can usually put points on the board if you give them the ball inside their opponent's red zone.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

WILL CLINTON

You think Arkansas' defense is tougher than Bama's at home???  We will be going to Vandy, and our defense hasn't shown me anything in the first two games that makes me think we should be able to hold them. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

darkhogfan

Guys there are 3 factors that you are not taking into account.

1)Jay Cutler will not be playing.  How Vandy got a QB like that I'll never know.  He was very good and thus made their offense a thousand times better.  

2)D-mac is playing and not D'Arrius Howard.

3)Mitch is our Qb.

We are a different team, at least a little a better than last year.  They are a lot worse.  That equals a win for the Hogs.  
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

jackwalker

First, Vandy could beat Miss St this year.  Second, I didn't say anything about their talent. I said they were well coached. And even the most talent depraved teams can still hang with a superior team if they have a smart diciplined coach (which we do not have).  I would trade Bobby Johnson over Nutt in a heartbeat.  I would rather watch a pissed off Steve Martin than a flamboyent yutz.

_Collin1

Quote from: superhogfan on September 12, 2006, 01:30:13 pm

1)Jay Cutler will not be playing.  How Vandy got a QB like that I'll never know.  He was very good and thus made their offense a thousand times better.  

3)Mitch is our Qb.

We are a different team, at least a little a better than last year.  They are a lot worse.  That equals a win for the Hogs.  

And logic has led you to our other results? 

*USC lost a ton of players to the NFL
*They lost 85% of their touchdowns
*Their secondary is weaker than last year
*The Razorbacks are returning everybody

This equals a score WAY better than 70-17.

WRONG.  How about less than 17 and almost 70.

pseudorabies

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 12, 2006, 11:18:31 am

Unless you take USC and give 20 points.  That one pays off every time.

GuvHog

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 01:33:12 pm

3)Mitch is our Qb.

Wrong. Turnovers wouldn,t have mattered last year. they made the difference this year.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: pseudorabies on September 12, 2006, 01:35:25 pm
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 12, 2006, 11:18:31 am

Unless you take USC and give 20 points.  That one pays off every time.
You still get your heart broken. You just have more money for alcohol to drown your tears. In the long run you end up drunk and depressed.

Burnt Orange Sucks

The Hogs will convincingly beat Vandy!

Mark my words, by at least 2 touchdowns!!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

TOM "tbw1"

I would suggest to those who think turnovers made the difference that they go back and chart the game.  See what USC did on first and second down on a consistent basis that showed they were stronger and more well coached than Arkansas.  Then compare what Arkansas did to show they were stronger and more well coached than USC.

Don't just be an observer, become a student of the game
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

darkhogfan

3)Mitch is our Qb.

Are you comparing Vandy to USC?  C'mon those guys are stacked at every position with 5 guys behind the starters just as good.  Everyone knew JDB was at least half as good as Leinart, which is saying something. The QB at Vandy is nowhere the caliber of a senior like Cutler, at least not yet.  Face it without Cutler those guys don't win the game last year.  Period.  Without Leinart USC probably still would've  killed us.  
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

Conway Cool Daddy

Superhogfan, I know where you are coming from. BUT, I think this years Vandy defense is light years better than last years. Their offense isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks as well. Our defense has yet to show they can stop a team 3 and out.
This will be a dog fight if we don't come to play.

I still think we win 28-17.

darkhogfan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 12, 2006, 01:47:53 pm
Superhogfan, I know where you are coming from. BUT, I think this years Vandy defense is light years better than last years. Their offense isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks as well. Our defense has yet to show they can stop a team 3 and out.

I have not heard of any offensive weapons Vandy has, are they under the radar?

_Collin1

Quote from: superhogfan on September 12, 2006, 01:43:27 pm

3)Mitch is our Qb.

Are you comparing Vandy to USC?  C'mon those guys are stacked at every position with 5 guys behind the starters just as good.  Everyone knew JDB was at least half as good as Leinart, which is saying something. The QB at Vandy is nowhere the caliber of a senior like Cutler, at least not yet.  Face it without Cutler those guys don't win the game last year.  Period.  Without Leinart USC probably still would've  killed us.  

Im just using your Logic.  YOUR logic said we should beat Vandy this week.  There have been ALOT of weeks that Logic says we win and we havent.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: superhogfan on September 12, 2006, 01:50:05 pm

Against Bama
Chris Nickson 15-23 140 yards passing, 11 carries 40 yards rushing. Probably the best offensive weapon they have. He threw two interceptions or Vandy would have beaten Bama. Considering our defense has yet to cause a TO I think we could be in trouble if we don't contain this guy. Note - Bama's defense looked like a normal Joe Kines defense, very good.

darkhogfan

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 01:51:46 pm
Quote from: superhogfan on September 12, 2006, 01:43:27 pm

3)Mitch is our Qb.

Im just using your Logic.  YOUR logic said we should beat Vandy this week.  There have been ALOT of weeks that Logic says we win and we havent.

I can't dispute that.  We've lost a lot of games we've should have won under the curent administration.  I did the calculations a while back and just a little over 50% of the games we should have won, that weren't cupcakes, we did.  I still think we should beat Vandy, though I can't gurantee it.  

darkhogfan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 12, 2006, 01:57:24 pm

Against Bama
Chris Nickson 15-23 140 yards passing, 11 carries 40 yards rushing. Probably the best offensive weapon they have. He threw two interceptions or Vandy would have beaten Bama. Considering our defense has yet to cause a TO I think we could be in trouble if we don't contain this guy. Note - Bama's defense looked like a normal Joe Kines defense, very good.

OK, now I'm a little worried...

GuvHog

Quote from: tbw1 on September 12, 2006, 01:42:46 pm
I would suggest to those who think turnovers made the difference that they go back and chart the game.  See what USC did on first and second down on a consistent basis that showed they were stronger and more well coached than Arkansas.  Then compare what Arkansas did to show they were stronger and more well coached than USC.

Don't just be an observer, become a student of the game

I suggest that you go watch the USC-Arkansas game film. Every time the Hogs turned
the ball over they had been moving the ball well just before (with the exception of MMs interception). I don't believe the Hogs would have won the game without the turnovers, but it would have been MUCH, MUCH CLOSER.

GuvHog

Quote from: superhogfan on September 12, 2006, 02:01:50 pm
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 12, 2006, 01:57:24 pm

Against Bama

OK, now I'm a little worried...

I'm not, it's easy for a defense to look good against Vandys offense minus Cutler.