Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt to NC State?

Started by PigKahuna, September 12, 2006, 08:19:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

September 12, 2006, 05:48:22 pm #150 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:51:42 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
gah lee, if this is true how bad wil our recruiting class look?

This may explain the poor effort in recruiting.

excoach

I saw where Expedia has a ticket special for the Murry State Mafia.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on September 12, 2006, 05:48:22 pm
gah lee, if this is true how bad wil our recruiting class look?

This may explain the poor effort in recruiting.

How bad would it have looked if Malzahn would have stayed at Springdale?

pigture perfect

I don't believe Gus wanted to stay at Springdale. They were and did split the school.

As for this other rumor, I will stand by the old adage that; I. Heard and They Said are the two biggest liars in the world.

If it's true that's fine, but we really don't and can't know anything until it happens.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

wishyjoshy

I'm not saying that he would have ever stayed, I'm just saying that he brought A LOT of talent with him.  Didn't Wood bring in a safety?  Sad when the brand new guys make or break your recruiting class.

momahog

Razorduck you are a big pessimist. What in the heck makes you think 1/2 the team would transfer even if we don't get Butch Davis.  That's stupid. to say. What makes you think the powers that be will make the same collosal mistake again and hire another incompetent like Nutt?

It's so called fans like you that will keep us in this mediocrity. You are afraid of your own shadow. Be like LSU and if a Coach sucks, fire him in 2-3 years and go get another one until you find the right one like Saban. The Razorback Foundation has the money to do this if they will.

All I know is this fact, if Nutt were given 30 years to build his so called National Title Under Construction, he would never even win an SEC title much less a NT.

dishhog10

HDN is no longer happy at the UA.   He has been forced to do things he is not happy with.   The fans no longer want him here.    The coach staff is reported to be in chaos.  FBJ is reported to be helping with deciding who is going to call what plays.   If you job were like that, would you stay or would you start to send out resumes?    HDN loves Arkasnas, always has.   But at point does the ability to control your own program your way factor into his decision.   Hatfield left because he didn't want to work for Broyles any longer.   Same for Lou Holtz.  Same for Eddie Sutton.    Under the current situation, no one could blame Nutt for sending out resumes.   Anyone in his position would.
Lets band together and back BP

Arkstfan

Quote from: dishhog10 on September 12, 2006, 07:20:55 pm
Hatfield left because he didn't want to work for Broyles any longer.   Same for Lou Holtz.  Same for Eddie Sutton.    Under the current situation, no one could blame Nutt for sending out resumes.   Anyone in his position would.

Lou has said he was run off.

HDN now has the third longest tenure in the history of the program.

He will catch Lou Holtz in wins two wins from now. Win the next two and he will have taken 101 games to match Lou's total after 83 games. It took 91 games to match Ken Hatfield's total after 73 games. To equal Broyles he has to go 87-21 over the next 108 games to tie Broyles.

Fans aren't going to compare a coach to Ford or Crowe, they will compare to the successful coaches and they don't like the results. If you've got a thin skin and rabbit ears being in his shoes would make you miserable.

WilsonHog

Quote from: dishhog10 on September 12, 2006, 07:20:55 pm
HDN is no longer happy at the UA.   He has been forced to do things he is not happy with.   The fans no longer want him here.    The coach staff is reported to be in chaos.  FBJ is reported to be helping with deciding who is going to call what plays.   If you job were like that, would you stay or would you start to send out resumes?    HDN loves Arkasnas, always has.   But at point does the ability to control your own program your way factor into his decision.   Hatfield left because he didn't want to work for Broyles any longer.   Same for Lou Holtz.  Same for Eddie Sutton.    Under the current situation, no one could blame Nutt for sending out resumes.   Anyone in his position would.

Just to clarify.....Holtz left because JFB told him that he could either resign or be fired.  Holtz did not want to leave UA, and said that in all of his years at UA JFB never said one negative thing to him.

I was sitting in a room with Lou Holtz three weeks ago and heard him say it.

Butchforheadcoach

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 12, 2006, 08:19:38 am
www.collegefootballtalk.com has info that says Nutt's agent has contacted NC State about their impending opening.

I find this interesting since Herring was there...

it's under the rumor mill section.

Nutts just tryin to get a contract extension and a raise.  It worked once before.

RazorRaider

Quote from: Butchforheadcoach on September 12, 2006, 07:49:00 pm
Quote from: PigKahuna on September 12, 2006, 08:19:38 am
www.collegefootballtalk.com has info that says Nutt's agent has contacted NC State about their impending opening.

I find this interesting since Herring was there...

it's under the rumor mill section.

Nutts just tryin to get a contract extension and a raise.  It worked once before.

True, but he was not coming off back to back losing seasons either. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Butchforheadcoach

Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 12, 2006, 08:41:46 am
I heard Mike Dubose is looking for a Tight Ends coach at Opp High...in Opp Alabama.  Housotn is putting out feelers.

Nutts not qualified for that job.  He does not know what  TE is.

lyon98

Quote from: Butchforheadcoach on September 12, 2006, 07:53:27 pm
Quote from: BILLYBOB on September 12, 2006, 08:41:46 am
I heard Mike Dubose is looking for a Tight Ends coach at Opp High...in Opp Alabama.  Housotn is putting out feelers.

Nutts not qualified for that job.  He does not know what  TE is.

Dubose is head coach at millsaps college. Last year he was DC and they did better. This year his record is about like nutts but he can't schedule a rent a win.

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

fatman423

Quote from: louisianahawg on September 12, 2006, 05:25:58 pm
I agree with razorhog.  This will set the program back another 10 years.  We will never be a top tier program again if we lose Nutt in this fashion.  What we really need to do is get rid of Broyles.  He really needs to retire.  HELL HE'S 100 YEARS OLD.  JFB has done the UofA good but he is invloved a little too much with coaches.  JFB should GO!!!!!!!!   Nutt would have been fine if JFB wouldn't have suggested so many changes to the coaching staff.  Its the same pattern with Heath.  The only one that stood up against the old fart was Richardson and you see what happened to him.  Oh well I am officially an LSU fan now.
Why are you here?

hogman64

I predict  Nutt will never have another job that pays him what he is making now.........he has petered out........he knows it......

Golfer

If I remember correctly, there was a rumor (and some here took it to be fact) that Coach Nutt was going to Colorado.. How did that work out for you? 

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: Golfer on September 12, 2006, 11:47:35 pm
If I remember correctly, there was a rumor (and some here took it to be fact) that Coach Nutt was going to Colorado.. How did that work out for you? 

I think we all know the percentages of this rumor panning out.  But, he didn't ask his agent to contact Colorado.   Oh, & trust me I was @ the USC game, it didn't work out well enough for us! ;D

DukeOfPork

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 12, 2006, 09:16:34 amNot necessarily, but looking at that site smacks more of reading the 'National Enquirer' than a metro sports section.  Referring to Croom having a 'bruised [CENSORED]'?  Come on!

That deal about Croom's [CENSORED] has been confirmed by my inside sources.  And my sources are SOLID.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: dana caldwell on September 12, 2006, 03:07:24 pm
Quote from: HoginHeat on September 12, 2006, 11:36:39 am
One thing we all may be missing is the fact that the rumors are starting to be generated in places other than the arkansas internet boards and local media. He may not be going to NCSt; however, this may be the beggining of him going somewhere other than Arkansas. Maybe he has been told or sees the writting on the wall. Either way, this sounds promising that he will be gone at the end of the year!

will anyone in the arkansas media report on this and do some serious following up and questioning of nutt, sexton, JFB, amato and the NC State AD?

or at least toss out the speculation in column form?

surely? right? maybe?

I actually don't want our media to report this because then all parties will have to unequivocally deny it and thus kill the potential deal.  If there is any truth to this at all, I'd rather it simmer and then become reality.

Razorbacks#1

For all those wanting to see Nutt go, my solution which I expressed somewhere earlier, I think. I think if Mitch and Damien stated they were transferring next year, that would probably do the trick. Of course just stating the fact and not doing it is what we need. Mustain  and Gus is the reason Nutt still has his job. You people wanting the hogs to lose so he will get fired is a non starter to me regardless of the crap I am currently going through.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Dugann

Like how you put it dishog10.  Think you might have something there.  Looking at it from HDN's side of it if he was forced to hire Gus, turn over duties, tension with in staff, FJB yanking strings, and being forced to turn over something that He felt was a key part of how you coach, and not to mention that you can not tell me he doesn't know the talk behind his back in the state and whispers in the wind. Why would he not start sending out feelers.  I not Pro nutt no more or againest him I just want to win, the rumors to stop, and put a quality product on the field.  At this point I don't feel HDN is getting it done.  But looking at like you put it dishog10 to me it makes sense for HDN to do some prospecting to find what the market is for him out there ATM.  And I don't blame him.   :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

dana caldwell

Quote from: momahog on September 12, 2006, 07:07:01 pm
Razorduck you are a big pessimist. What in the heck makes you think 1/2 the team would transfer even if we don't get Butch Davis.  That's stupid. to say. What makes you think the powers that be will make the same collosal mistake again and hire another incompetent like Nutt?

It's so called fans like you that will keep us in this mediocrity. You are afraid of your own shadow. Be like LSU and if a Coach sucks, fire him in 2-3 years and go get another one until you find the right one like Saban. The Razorback Foundation has the money to do this if they will.

All I know is this fact, if Nutt were given 30 years to build his so called National Title Under Construction, he would never even win an SEC title much less a NT.

i covered bob knight's firing. everyone on that team said they would transfer.

none did.

RedSatinHog

I don't think any of us blame him for shopping around for jobs.  Heck, I for one hope he has a good season and uses it as a springboard to go elsewhere.  If it's NC State, that suits me to a tee, mainly because I work with a few smartass NC State fans.  It would be great to see them wallow in newfound ineptness.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd