Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt to NC State?

Started by PigKahuna, September 12, 2006, 08:19:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigKahuna

www.collegefootballtalk.com has info that says Nutt's agent has contacted NC State about their impending opening.

I find this interesting since Herring was there...

it's under the rumor mill section.

JAR

I was just called by a relative in Nashville who says that the morning talk radio sports show in Nashville is reporting that Nutt put out "feelers" about the North Carolina State head coaching job.  I have no idea where the radio show got its information, but I thought someone might look into it. 

hogfan13

hogfan13

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogfan064

This can't be true. To early in the season

Deuce Pigelow

I've got the cardboard boxes.

hogfan064

OK, this is being reported on 2 media outlets.  Once I see it on ESPN I'll believe it

badIntentions

I can talk better than Lou Holtz with spoonfull of peanut butter in my mouth.

311Hog

PigKahuna

Before everyone throws a party,

1.  no matter if it happens or not, you're still looking at the end of the season.

2.  these are reports of interest and nothing more

SPAL

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 12, 2006, 08:31:27 am
All I can say is "I told you so."

not so fast my well rested friend....I dont see how in the world they woudl wanna hire nutt, i dont think he will get that job,But i think it does mean that Nutt has been told his chances to be retained are slim and none and slim just walked out the door.

Cure

Quote from: JAR on September 12, 2006, 08:20:59 am
I was just called by a relative in Nashville who says that the morning talk radio sports show in Nashville is reporting that Nutt put out "feelers" about the North Carolina State head coaching job.  I have no idea where the radio show got its information, but I thought someone might look into it. 
Didn't this same thing happen last year?
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

razorduck

Good, then we can bring some other dip s@#$ in here to tell you the same stories...tell you we have to rebuild...tell you this will take awhile...and probably lose half of our team to transfers. This would be wonderful wouldn't it?????
Hit that line, Hit that line, keep on going....

HBTHogs

It makes sense.  Herring was successful there so he should have an, "in."  Moe (Nutt), Larry (Markuson), and Curly (Herring), can go to Carolina, for all I care.  In fact, I've got a pickup, I'll help'em move.

Oliver

If this were true, NC State will get the ultimate ZING!  That would be like us hiring Chuck Amato to replace Houston Nutt after he left.

hogfan064

NC State will first look to Bill Cower for its opening.

BTW what did Nutt say about NC State the other day?

AFWarrior83

Since he loves our helmet so much, maybe he will do us a favor and rid himself from Arkansas! Nutt's time has passed, WE WANT BUTCH DAVIS!!
Hogville member since 2005.

B Ray

Somebody needs to go ahead and put the for sale sign in HDN front yard...let's go ahead and sell that house for you

BILLYBOB

I heard Mike Dubose is looking for a Tight Ends coach at Opp High...in Opp Alabama.  Housotn is putting out feelers.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

dana caldwell

wow! this is really interesting. makes sense on lots of levels (good call, fresh, on the NC quote from saturday).

could it be possible that an early season switch could happen at both schools? seems a stretch but amatto is obviously done and if there's any teeth at all to this, so is nutt.

has anyone in the arkansas press reported this? JFB may actually be behind encouraging and helping him find another job. but if not, he is going to be furious upon learning this, if true.

it actually seems like this will be over much sooner than later.

PigKahuna

Can someone post the information and NC State quote people are referring to??

PiggoBitttys

Please let this happen and I'll never do anything bad in the world again, I PROMISE!!

dana caldwell

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 12, 2006, 08:46:32 am

don't remember it verbatim, but it was like this: "Well, North Carolina State would love to trade places with us."

stupid, of course. but upon reading this, classless. a shot at the coach whose job he apparently now wants as a safety net. not surprising, tho.

hogwildinhouston

I continue to believe this is why Nutt is being allowed to revert back to his offense.  JFB has made it apparent to him that he will not be at Arkansas next season, so in turn, Nutt has asked to be allowed to run the show his way in order to land another job next season.  JFB and Gus are probably just obliging him.

Otherwise, I think you'd have seen Malzahn walk away by now.

Just my guess though.

brooks74

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 12, 2006, 08:25:07 am

NC State just got beat by a 1-AA team.  Barring a miraculous comeback Amato is toast at the end of the year.

HBTHogs

Quote from: PigKahuna on September 12, 2006, 08:46:32 am

NC State lost to Akron Saturday.  After our game Nutt said a lot of teams around the country would love to be us right now, then he mentioned NC State by name.

People were upset that he would call another team out.  People were also wondering why he would have known that considering he should have been preparing for our game during the time when NC State was playing.  It's starting to make sense now.  Nutt was keeping up with NC State for a reason.

hogfan064

I'll call into PacMan's Southern Fried Pigskin show out of Charlotte  this afternoon and see if he's heard anything on it.  Lots of NC State "insiders" call in that show. 

Ugly Uncle

Everyone please stop...

I think there (from what I heard) is some "legs" to this  rumor.  However, if this becomes a big story and gets thrown around...we could kill this baby before it is ever born.

I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO MESS THIS UP!  Maybe we should just stop talking about this to each other and just go to prayer with it...that it would happen....

Now, if you would all bow your heads...
Retired Radio Host

hogfan064

Quote from: brooks74 on September 12, 2006, 08:54:04 am

NC State just got beat by a 1-AA team.  Barring a miraculous comeback Amato is toast at the end of the year.

Akron is not 1-AA.  They are actually the defending MAC Champs and were in a bowl last year

hogpops

I got a HARD ON when I saw this post!!!!!  please be true

hogfan064

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 12, 2006, 08:56:13 am
Everyone please stop...

I think there (from what I heard) is some "legs" to this  rumor.

As long as those "legs" are fresh we'll all be happy

oldbooniehog

Don't get too happy. I am not an HDN supporter. But don't get too happy just yet.

Even if HDN leaves for NC State, exactly who would come to coach at Arkansas with JFB still running the show up there?

Who?

What, gonna hire another fairly cheap, unknown "up and coming" coach?

Or maybe go dig up the fossilized remains of some old, broken down, burned out used-to-be coach?

As long as JFB is in charge up there, Arkansas is not ever going to get a proven, successful, D-I football coach who actually prefers to run his own team his way.

With JFB calling the shots, you will only get more of the same that you've been getting for the past 16 years.

oldbooniehog

dana caldwell

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on September 12, 2006, 08:52:57 am
I continue to believe this is why Nutt is being allowed to revert back to his offense.  JFB has made it apparent to him that he will not be at Arkansas next season, so in turn, Nutt has asked to be allowed to run the show his way in order to land another job next season.  JFB and Gus are probably just obliging him.

Otherwise, I think you'd have seen Malzahn walk away by now.

Just my guess though.

if they are sacrificing these kids' season over a head coach ... never mind. who the hell knows?

the scrapping should start at the top. but i think all us 5 percenters would just be relieved with a new staff.

it's coming to a head, folks. really, if JFB did not encourage nutt to put out feelers and he has, broyles will freak. may fire him as soon as he can confirm it. i'm serious -- he was FURIOUS about the LSU deal.

HBTHogs

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 12, 2006, 08:56:13 am
Everyone please stop...

I think there (from what I heard) is some "legs" to this  rumor.  However, if this becomes a big story and gets thrown around...we could kill this baby before it is ever born.

I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO MESS THIS UP!  Maybe we should just stop talking about this to each other and just go to prayer with it...that it would happen....

Now, if you would all bow your heads...

True.  If the rumor gets too big, all parties involved will have to deny it.  If they deny it adamently enough for long enough, it will be hard for them to go through with it in the end.  Lips zipped and fingers crossed.

oinkgirl

Just remember, if our prayers have been answered and HDN leaves Arkansas, he does do well with someone else's recruits.  Yes, we'll have to go through a rebuilding year.  But then at least things will get better.  We'll at least be guarenteed of that. :razorback:

brooks74

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 12, 2006, 08:57:06 am
Quote from: brooks74 on September 12, 2006, 08:54:04 am

Akron is not 1-AA.  They are actually the defending MAC Champs and were in a bowl last year

My mistake, still a game they should have won at home.

HedgeDweller

Looks like a really reputable site.  I put a lot of stock in sites that have 'Sexy girls want to talk to you' ads.

HBTHogs

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 12, 2006, 08:58:04 am
Don't get too happy. I am not an HDN supporter. But don't get too happy just yet.

Even if HDN leaves for NC State, exactly who would come to coach at Arkansas with JFB still running the show up there?

Who?

Or maybe go dig up the fossilized remains of some old, broken down, burned out used-to-be coach?

As long as JFB is in charge up there, Arkansas is not ever going to get a proven, successful, D-I football coach who actually prefers to run his own team his way.

With JFB calling the shots, you will only get more of the same that you've been getting for the past 16 years.

oldbooniehog

Butch Davis wants the job and I think that's pretty much common knowlegde by now.

hogsNbeer

Could I be so lucky!!!!!!!!??????     C'mon BUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback: :razorback:

hogfan064

Quote from: HedgeDweller on September 12, 2006, 09:01:39 am
Looks like a really reputable site.  I put a lot of stock in sites that have 'Sexy girls want to talk to you' ads.

Yeah the Croom comment is a little absurd

Ugly Uncle

I'm sorry...you lost me.
Retired Radio Host

dana caldwell

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 12, 2006, 08:58:04 am

Who?

oldbooniehog

i dunno, booniehog. i've tossed out davis as interim scenarios that i think are very plausible. that could happen starting now if overtures have been made and accepted. i would be surprised if there is not a backup plan in place. that's the one that makes the most sense. have him come in and try it out thru the remainder of the season to see if he can handle JFB and the job. or if he still wants it afterward.

i could see this happening.

HBTHogs

This is the year to get Butch too.  Rumors are floating that Miami may be looking to replace Larry Coker with the man he replaced.  If Butch Davis goes to Miami he'll be in the hunt for the NC every year and we'll never hear the end of it around this place.

dana caldwell

do u dismiss metro sports sections that include strip-joint ads?

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: Tomcat on September 12, 2006, 08:48:53 am
Maybe 3rd time is a charm.  Nebraska, LSU, then NC State...

Nah, he's probably just fishing for another pay increase...  Let's bump him up to 2 mill or more a year, then maybe he'll take us to the promiseland - woohoo!!! (Note sarcasm...)
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.