Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well Vandy thinks they're going to win......

Started by pimphog, September 11, 2006, 12:14:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pimphog

I hope we beat the ever living crap out of them..........I hope D Mac rushes for 200 yards and Mustaion passes for 180.  This offense has to gel soon.......aaaaahhhh...I'm pissed and fired up...... >:(

hogfan064

The Hogs are winning this game.  I have no doubt about it.

tulsahog36

what their fans think mean nothing.   Alot of our fans thought we were going to beat USC.   Fans opinons mean nothing.    What happens on the field means everything.

HogFaninGA

Vandy should be confident.  Any team should be confident against Arkansas.  Arkansas hasn't won enough games the past few years to get anyone's respect.  Thank Nutt for that.

chiefsfan

Quote from: tulsahog36 on September 11, 2006, 12:24:01 pm
what their fans think mean nothing.   Alot of our fans thought we were going to beat USC.   Fans opinons mean nothing.    What happens on the field means everything.

exactly...   and they arent near the underdogs to us that we were to USC...   
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

King-Tusk

Why shouldn't they think they'll win?  We're worried about losing this game. 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 11, 2006, 12:27:13 pm
Quote from: tulsahog36 on September 11, 2006, 12:24:01 pm
what their fans think mean nothing.   Alot of our fans thought we were going to beat USC.   Fans opinons mean nothing.    What happens on the field means everything.

exactly...   and they arent near the underdogs to us that we were to USC...  

We were 8.5 underdogs to USC, they are 5.5 underdogs to us.

strawhog

Can you blame Vandy for thinking that they will beat us.  UofA hasnt proved much to the rest of the country so far this season.

strawhog

Re: Who is pumped for Arkansas????   Reply
Vandy will win. Hopefully Nutt will be fired the following day.

Posted on 9/11 12:30 PM | IP: Logged

Even Vanderbilt fans dont like NUTT.  That gave me a good laugh.  Thanks 101st Gopher

jackwalker

Vandy has fans?!

I mean besides players, graduated players, and students. Oh and the families of those 3 categories....Vandy has fans!?
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

pikehog

Quote from: pimphog on September 11, 2006, 12:16:01 pm

I hope we beat the ever living crap out of them..........I hope D Mac rushes for 200 yards and Mustaion passes for 180.  This offense has to gel soon.......aaaaahhhh...I'm pissed and fired up...... >:(

Who is this Mustaion, of which you speak?

jackwalker

HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

strawhog

hogsNbeer

I dont' think we'll win either..... that's sad...... We need a new coach.......a compentent coach, no less..

jwaldhog

Quote from: jackwalker on September 11, 2006, 12:38:09 pm
Vandy has fans?!

I mean besides players, graduated players, and students. Oh and the families of those 3 categories....Vandy has fans!?

They have fans they are just mysteriously clad in the clothing of whatever opposing team the Dore's are playing that week.

jvegashawg

How can either Vandy fans or Arkansas fans feel very good about their team going into this game?  Seriously, both teams are coming off losing seasons, both teams looked less than impressive in their first two games, and the two teams were involved in a 28-24 game last year.  How can either rationally think they're that much better than the other?

Hawgon

Vandy fans are just giddy about the possibility of an SEC win.  Which is exactly where we will be, those of us left around anyway, in a couple of years if we don't get this ship turned around.

James K. Pork

They used to have a strong fanbase loaded with people living in Middle Tennessee who picked them up as a second favorite team.  They would support Vandy in every game but the one they played against their favorite.  It worked well for Vandy.  They kept the stadium at or near capacity back in the 1970s and 1980s.  George McIntyre created some fine passing offenses in those seasons.  They were an exciting team to watch in what was a very run-dominant SEC.

Then a new athletic director came along and said he didn't want this kind of fan in the stadium.  That alienated a large number of people who were regular contributors and season ticket holders to that program.  The subsequent years of futility combined with the arrival of the Titans has made it much more difficult to win that particular kind of fan back to Vanderbilt.

wooo

I actually hope they do win...

...it would be a nail in the coffin

hogfan064

Vandy has fans?!

I was in Nashville for a Vandy game(don't ask) about 7 years ago when Woody Woodenhoffer(sp?) was coach.  Vandy of course got beat and some little kid(about 6) turned to his dad and asked "Daddy are they going to fire Woody"  his dad looked down at him and said "Not sure".   I thought to myself what a bastard that man was for raising his kid to be a Commodore.  For the rest of that kid's life he'll pull for a loser.

Mr. Prozac

I don't know if I can take Vandy fans talking smack. That pretty much takes the cake.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on September 11, 2006, 01:12:30 pm
I don't know if I can take Vandy fans talking smack. That pretty much takes the cake.

I think I'm going to be sick.

I mean I understand that, yes, it's a possibility.  But they're talking smack about beating us?  Surely we won't lose to them again. :(
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Cold_Roses_80

why shouldnt Vandy think they're going to win?

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on September 11, 2006, 01:19:36 pm
why shouldnt Vandy think they're going to win?

Still disturbs me--I think I could take it from Miss. State better than Vandy (or Kentucky).

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 11, 2006, 12:32:33 pm
If I were Vandy, I'd expect to beat us. 

I don't see us beating Vandy on Saturday.  How sad is this....

and yet you are still going.  I hope you get a shirt from pseado(sp?)
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

lilredheadedlady

I can't believe that we'd take it from any miss. school, either.  

SURELY we can pull out a win against Vandy this year.  You'd think we've at least made SOME progress since last year.  :(

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 11, 2006, 01:27:46 pm

I didn't mean that I'd like it, it just wouldn't distrurb me as much.

Now if Vandy wants to talk smack about admission ACT scores, graduate school admission rates, etc., I'd have to concede...but football?

longtimeHogfan

I truly believe that if we lose to Vandy HND will be fired.  That's the ONLY good thing I can see coming out of our pending struggle with the SEC powerhouse 'Dore's'.   :'( :'( :'(
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

jman

That is what the great houston nutt has sculpted for us hog fans.  Lets give nutt credit, hell I didnt even used to think about the vanderbilt game or the kentucky game but thanks to nutt, now me and all hog fans are tuned in closer to these tuff games like vanderbilt. 

HDN, you lost to vandy, whats your response? "Aint nothin like it" 

What do you think about your D giving up 50 to the condoms and then pitching the goose egg on provo junior high? " its precious and special" 

Coach, what are your thoughts on the vanderbilt game coming up this saturday?  "hope to keep it close until the 4th quarter"

Final question coach, will we see any passing this weekend?  "yes, you usually dont have much choice, we'll have to pass while our bus is enroute to the football stadium"  "Might I also add that as much as we hate to pass, sometimes it is neccessary"

Thank you HDN for your time... " wait guys, before you go, as HC of the hogs I'd like to make a statement to our fans".  Ok coach, go ahead.   "I just want to tell our fans that anytime you go on the road in the SEC, its sooooo hard to win, especially against a great team like Vanderbilt.  I just wanted to let everyone know that the next 10 games are gonna be hard, but there is hope"  And what is that Houston "WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!"

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 11, 2006, 01:04:51 pm
I was in Nashville for a Vandy game(don't ask) about 7 years ago when Woody Woodenhoffer(sp?) was coach.  Vandy of course got beat and some little kid(about 6) turned to his dad and asked "Daddy are they going to fire Woody"  his dad looked down at him and said "Not sure".   I thought to myself what a bastard that man was for raising his kid to be a Commodore.  For the rest of that kid's life he'll pull for a loser.
I hope you don't have kids since nutt is a loser in the SEC.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on September 11, 2006, 01:39:29 pm
I was in Nashville for a Vandy game(don't ask) about 7 years ago when Woody Woodenhoffer(sp?) was coach.  Vandy of course got beat and some little kid(about 6) turned to his dad and asked "Daddy are they going to fire Woody"  his dad looked down at him and said "Not sure".   I thought to myself what a bastard that man was for raising his kid to be a Commodore.  For the rest of that kid's life he'll pull for a loser.
I hope you don't have kids since nutt is a loser in the SEC.

Very true.  I wonder if a USC fan thought the same thing if he over heard a father saying that to his 6 yo son at the Arkansas game.

HogasaurusRex

Well, so what; Reggie thought we'd sneak-up on USC.......wait a minute, What I meant was, HDN said he would let Gus do his thing.....& it's on TV too, oohh the humanity! :-\

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on September 11, 2006, 01:32:05 pm

Now if Vandy wants to talk smack about admission ACT scores, graduate school admission rates, etc., I'd have to concede...but football?

Well if Vandy beats us, it's a good conclusion that 'Bama will, too.  I mean, if we lose to Vandy it's going to be ANOTHER dismal season.  We won't even be mediocre this year.  We'll be at the bottom half of the SEC barrel again, won't we?

:(

Nashville Fan

If the Hawgs want respect on the football field, then they have to earn it. I can't blame Vandy, Hawgs are beatable. But, so are they. Their record proves it.
Pittman or Bust!

Hong Kong Sooey

Vandy has fans?!

Look's like alot of sons in Arkansas should resign themselves to a similar fate.

Jim Harris

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 11, 2006, 12:24:50 pm
Vandy should be confident.  Any team should be confident against Arkansas.  Arkansas hasn't won enough games the past few years to get anyone's respect.  Thank Nutt for that.

I agree. Even Mississippi and Mississippi State should be confident they could at least beat Arkasnas right now. We're doing a great immitation of McNeese State right now.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Pig Power

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on September 11, 2006, 03:04:56 pm
Quote from: Mr. Prozac on September 11, 2006, 01:32:05 pm

Well if Vandy beats us, it's a good conclusion that 'Bama will, too.  I mean, if we lose to Vandy it's going to be ANOTHER dismal season.  We won't even be mediocre this year.  We'll be at the bottom half of the SEC barrel again, won't we?

:(
We've been at the bottom for a couple of years now! It's pathetic now to worry if we can beat Vandy.. Vandy!!! Oh, how low can it get?  Imagine the pulse of Hog Nation should the Dores win this game..

SultanofSwine

sethhog

Vandy has fans?!

I was in Nashville for a Vandy game(don't ask) about 7 years ago when Woody Woodenhoffer(sp?) was coach.  Vandy of course got beat and some little kid(about 6) turned to his dad and asked "Daddy are they going to fire Woody"  his dad looked down at him and said "Not sure".   I thought to myself what a bastard that man was for raising his kid to be a Commodore.  For the rest of that kid's life he'll pull for a loser.

And so who are you raising your son to be a fan of?

pikehog

Quote from: jvegashawg on September 11, 2006, 12:51:32 pm
How can either Vandy fans or Arkansas fans feel very good about their team going into this game?  Seriously, both teams are coming off losing seasons, both teams looked less than impressive in their first two games, and the two teams were involved in a 28-24 game last year.  How can either rationally think they're that much better than the other?

Because Vandy beat us last year.

OKhogfan1959

Sad time in Arkansas football. I don't know how much worse we could get to be honest. I sure don't feel confident that we will beat Vandy. We have not shown anything and that includes Mr Herring. The defense go pushed around by Utah State for goodness sakes. It's hard to take the shape our program is in. I think it's time to clean house and that includes Mr Broyles. Nutt is his man and he's destroyed Arkansas football.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Pig Power on September 11, 2006, 03:50:10 pm
We've been at the bottom for a couple of years now! It's pathetic now to worry if we can beat Vandy.. Vandy!!! Oh, how low can it get?  Imagine the pulse of Hog Nation should the Dores win this game..

Imagine if we lose to vandy and Nutt is still here next year?  :(

Jim Harris

Quote from: SultanofSwine on September 11, 2006, 03:51:29 pm
What have you got against McNeese State?

nothing at all. I like McNeese. I like Lake Charles. McNeese every year is one of the best I-AA teams around. We should schedule them, but it might not be pretty. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

strawhog

we will kill vandy we got MUSTAION.  Thats Houstons secret weapon.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: strawhog on September 11, 2006, 05:41:41 pm
we will kill vandy we got MUSTAION.  Thats Houstons secret weapon.

It might be if he'd actually utilize him to his potential.  I haven't noticed so much of that going on, though. :(

Root Hog

And why wouldn't they?  They beat us last year - in Arkansas.  Have we improved?  We are a team in disarray.  Absolute chaos.  I say they beat us too.

strawhog

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: Root Hog on September 11, 2006, 05:44:10 pm
And why wouldn't they?  They beat us last year - in Arkansas.  Have we improved?  We are a team in disarray.  Absolute chaos.  I say they beat us too.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll let Gus call the plays?

Or maybe this will be the game that they really unleash and start using Gus's offense.  Maybe the defense will eat their wheaties and Herring will learn how to coach? 

*looks hopeful*