Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trojanfan back to chat, 4 days and counting

Started by Trojanfan55, August 29, 2006, 02:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:47:18 pm
Hoghillbilly,

PC won't go anywhere but the NFL.  He has too good of a thing going in LA.  The consensus is that he may go to the expansion LA NFL team, what do you think?

Send his butt to the NFL so we don't have to worry about him anymore............Do yall want Nutt ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

dana caldwell

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:45:10 pm
Dana,

Thank you.  Many people have that misconception about the PAC 10.  We will see on Saturday.  ESPN's afternoon lineup:

1.  Cal vs. Tennessee
2.  USC vs. Arkansas

Can you say awesome!

hey, that is intriguing. i love these NON-regional matchups. i usually think of Big Ten vs. SEC, but this is a great trend, too.

Trojanfan55

Hog,

If you are a true college football fan then you know that the Irish get most of the calls no matter where they play.  Everyone wants the Irish to win except for the fans of the team they are playing.  I can go on and on about this one, I hate the Irish!  It was about time taht we got a call to go our way.  I think the refs honestly missed that one, if it happens again this year they will make the pushing call and we lose.

Trojanfan55

Hog,

If you are a true college football fan then you know that the Irish get most of the calls no matter where they play.  Everyone wants the Irish to win except for the fans of the team they are playing.  I can go on and on about this one, I hate the Irish!  It was about time taht we got a call to go our way.  I think the refs honestly missed that one, if it happens again this year they will make the pushing call and we lose.

dana caldwell

thanx for stopping by, trojan55. look forward to it again.

got to go to happy hou ... er, batton down the hatches for ernesto (i'm in fort myers).

nwarazfan

And Wazzu at AU and Az at LSU.  How did we end up with this PAC10-SEC Challenge and we have all home games out of it?  One thing about the PAC 10, they'll schedule solid OOC opponents.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:52:13 pm
Hog,

I'm a Hog Fan first.....But an Irish fan second only because my brother went to school there

Trojanfan55

Nwarazfan,

Good to hear from you again.  Truthfully, I am scared about Booty's durability.  He has not been hit hard but has missed significant time because of injury.  But I think sanchez is awesome.  Interesting analysis.  I am not sure how our 3-4 will work out but our lb's are studs.  Our defense may confuse themself.

dana caldwell

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 29, 2006, 02:53:33 pm
And Wazzu at AU and Az at LSU.  How did we end up with this PAC10-SEC Challenge and we have all home games out of it?  One thing about the PAC 10, they'll schedule solid OOC opponents.

man, that is a KILLER SEC-PAC-10 lineup. guess we'll know lots about where the SEC (and PAC-10) stand after saturday.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:54:56 pm
Nwarazfan,

Good to hear from you again.  Truthfully, I am scared about Booty's durability.  He has not been hit hard but has missed significant time because of injury.  But I think sanchez is awesome.  Interesting analysis.  I am not sure how our 3-4 will work out but our lb's are studs.  Our defense may confuse themself.

TF55...........Is there a chance Sanchez could come in if we stir Booty up too much ?

Trojanfan55

Nwarazfan,

I used to not be that way.  We used to have pancakes on our schedule before the PC days...San Jose State, San Diego Sate, Fresno State (before now) etc...  That is what I love about PC, he will play anyone anytime.  You also have to love that about Nutt, he agreed to play SC at SC while SC was on top.  You have to beat the best to be the best.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:54:56 pm
Nwarazfan,

Our defense may confuse themself.

One of my glimmers of hope-lol.  And it must be nice to have that kind of depth.

Trojanfan55

Dana,

Thanks again, hope to chat with you later.  Good luck.

Trojanfan55

Hog,

sanchez will play if Booty screws up early.  The race has been that close throughout camp.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:57:27 pm
Nwarazfan,

I used to not be that way.  We used to have pancakes on our schedule before the PC days...San Jose State, San Diego Sate, Fresno State (before now) etc...  That is what I love about PC, he will play anyone anytime.  You also have to love that about Nutt, he agreed to play SC at SC while SC was on top.  You have to beat the best to be the best.

Well, truth be told, our series was scheduled many years ago either right before PC or right after he got to SC.  You were on about the level of Oregon St or Az St when this was scheduled. 

HogHillbilly

TF55...........What about Washington.........Heard he was at practice today doing really well..........Is he going to play ?

Trojanfan55

Ok, but you still have got to be excited about the game coming to your town.  When was the last game to be played in your house of this caliber (outside of the SEC)?  I mean, we are ranked high but you guys are 22.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 03:02:01 pm
Ok, but you still have got to be excited about the game coming to your town.  When was the last game to be played in your house of this caliber (outside of the SEC)?  I mean, we are ranked high but you guys are 22.

22...........You mean 30

nwarazfan

Quote from: dana caldwell on August 29, 2006, 02:56:38 pm
Quote from: nwarazfan on August 29, 2006, 02:53:33 pm

man, that is a KILLER SEC-PAC-10 lineup. guess we'll know lots about where the SEC (and PAC-10) stand after saturday.

Lines:

So Cal -8
AU -14.5 after opening at 18
Tenn -1.5 after opening at +2
LSU/Az is next weekend

Interesting to follow the money on these.

Trojanfan55

Hog,

Washington has been practicing since Friday but PC has said that if he does not go a full week then he won't play.  My guess is that he will play but won't start.  CJ Gable will start.  Gable is quick and can make moves but he is not durable so you will see many different looks at tailback.  Here is the lineup at tb:

1.  CJ Gable
2.  Chauncey Washington
3.  Desmond Reed or Allen Bradford
5.  Stafon Johnson or Emmanuel Moody

Everyone is a high school all american but they don't have experience (except DR).

Trojanfan55

Hog,

Depends on the poll.  I have seen them as high as 22.

Trojanfan55

HogHillbilly

Was'nt Reed the one that came into our game last year ?

Trojanfan55

Yeah,  Reed played a little but he was mostly used for kickoff returns alongside Bush.  He was the guy (#22) who was hurt against Notre Dame on a kickoff.  The grass was too high and he blew out his knee turning to get the ball.  Another reason why I hate Notre Dame!

Trojanfan55

What is the word on DMac?  Is he still doubtful for the game?  Or is he out for sure?

nwarazfan

August 29, 2006, 03:14:20 pm #75 Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 03:17:35 pm by nwarazfan
Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 03:05:50 pm
Nwarazanfan,

what are your predictions?

SC in an entertaining, good football game.  I think it could be similar to what you went throught vs VT in that Kickoff Classic or whatever a couple of years ago. 

Tenn- Because its in Knoxville.  Something about playing in front of 110,000 or however many they are squeezing in there now will allow the Vols to get off early and it will be just enough.  I think too many are underestimating UT this year especially with Cut back as OC.

AU- I've always like Wazzu.  Talk about a program with a limited recruiting base yet still has had success.  I just don't think Doba is close to the class of coach as Price and the program has been slipping.  AU out physicals them.  But following the money, I think its more competitive than what the experts will pick.

LSU- I just don't see how Stoops has rebuilt enough to win in BR.

Basically if these game were played on a neutral field, I could see it being 2-2.  If they were in PAC 10 stadiums, I could see 3-1 PAC 10.  I just can't see Wazzu and Az winning down here vs AU's and LSU's talent.  I think Cal-UT is a tossup.

Trojanfan55

Nfan,

Good analysis.  The PAC 10 is down this year, take it from me the ultimate PAC 10 fan.  Cal is the only legit team next to USC.  I think we lose them all except the SC game.  Cal has a shot to win but Longshore has to stay healthy and not turn the ball over.  If Longshore goes out then the game is definitely over.  Levy nor Ayoob can do the job just look at last year.  UofA will be solid this year but they are still one or two years away before being a top notch program.  Wazzu just does not have the horses and Doba is not Price and never will be.  I love Price, he got a raw deal with Alabama but I am sure they are not disappointed with Shula.  Actually, Price would be a great coach for you guys if Nutt does not work out.  I would go after Ed Orgeron hard though.

Trojanfan55

Got to jump into a meeting.  As always, it has been great talking with you all.  If SC does not do it this year, than I hope you guys get to enjoy what I have been enjoying recently.  you guys deserve it, after being down recently, you all stay loyal.  I admire that, stay strong and let's enjoy the 2006 college football year.  Fight On!  Or as you say it, woo piiig sooie.

nwarazfan

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 03:19:15 pm
Nfan,

Good analysis.  The PAC 10 is down this year, take it from me the ultimate PAC 10 fan.  Cal is the only legit team next to USC.  I think we lose them all except the SC game.  Cal has a shot to win but Longshore has to stay healthy and not turn the ball over.  If Longshore goes out then the game is definitely over.  Levy nor Ayoob can do the job just look at last year.  UofA will be solid this year but they are still one or two years away before being a top notch program.  Wazzu just does not have the horses and Doba is not Price and never will be.  I love Price, he got a raw deal with Alabama but I am sure they are not disappointed with Shula.  Actually, Price would be a great coach for you guys if Nutt does not work out.  I would go after Ed Orgeron hard though.

I would love Price.  He would be one of my first calls.  But you have to consider our conservative, bible belt state.  Nutt maintains strong support with many despite losses because he's a good, Christian family man. 

And Bama did a fantastic job of surrounding Shula with experienced, solid football men like Dave Rader and Joe Kines.  Shula can be the pretty boy ex Bama qb face-of-the-program while the old guys get the job done.

I know Ed came through SC but I have my reservations.  He reminds me of an ex-DC we had here named Burns who also came through SC.  He's a wait and see in my book.

SPAL

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 29, 2006, 02:38:31 pm
Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:34:59 pm
Now, Now boys.  Calm down, remember you are both on the same side.  

I have no doubt Sir Pig is a Hog Fan..............But some people on here want Arkansas to lose just so they can get rid of Nutt...........

i would never advocate the hogs losing just to see nutt lose. I hope we win every game, regardless who the coach is.