Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trojanfan back to chat, 4 days and counting

Started by Trojanfan55, August 29, 2006, 02:05:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojanfan55

It looks like we will have a corps of freshman tailbacks playing.  Chauncey Washington is still only probable for the game.  How will freshman stack up against your defense?

Ross U (HDHF)

From what I gather, our front 7 should be pretty good at stopping the run this year.  What remains to be seen is if the LB's can avoid injuries, and if the secondary can cover the recievers long enough for a pass rush to get to the QB.  We've definitely got some hosses up front. 

Trojanfan55

We are very concerned about the noise, our freshman have not experienced that type of environment.  PC has brought in loud speakers during practice to simulate the noise, what is the stadium like when it is at its best?

ferrellhog

do you think that USC is overconfident?70 to 17 is  a shellacking yes but ,for trojan fans to be bad mouthing SEC defensens and offenses is just plain stupid try playing a regular seaon schedule that has perrenial top 10 teams ,and the most team speed of any conference and .Then tell me the SEC isnt the best conference from top to bottom end of argument.YOur vaunted 36 game winning streak would be impossible in conference where even the patsies sre hungry

Conway Cool Daddy

Believe it or not, I don't think we'll have a problem stopping the run.
It's the big Wrs that are going to give us fits.

willkhitey

If you can get your hands on film of the Hogs/Texas game from '04, take a look.

Suffice to say, it'll be rockin'.
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

Kevin

i think the key is your offensive line, in regard to your running game, can booty make enough right reads to burn us for us not to stack the line.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

berg

Pumping in noise is one thing but there is no emotion involved.  I really believe that the noise hurts but it is when you combine that w/ a racing heart and 100 different things going through your head that you mess up.  I sure hope your players are nervous early and make some mistakes as this will only bring more noise and more mistakes in my opinion.

elksnort

Trojanfan55, please, you seem like a really polite, good guy, but the sandbagging!
You've got the superior team. Our boys are going to have to everything right. There is little margin for error for the Hogs.

doo-ran

Quote from: berg on August 29, 2006, 02:12:58 pm
Pumping in noise is one thing but there is no emotion involved.  I really believe that the noise hurts but it is when you combine that w/ a racing heart and 100 different things going through your head that you mess up.  I sure hope your players are nervous early and make some mistakes as this will only bring more noise and more mistakes in my opinion.
Good point.

Trojanfan55

Please give us a little more credit than that Ferrelhog.  Remember, we came into SEC territory three years ago with a rookie qb and rookie tailbacks and beat Auburn 23-0.  They were ranked preseason number one in many polls before we came to town.  Now to address your question.  We are not over confident.  We had a very different team last year, this year is filled with a lot of freshman.  I will say it again, our freshman could easily choke in that environment and we will find us playing catch up early.  If you can take that early momentum, who knows.  I still think we win by 10.  My prediction on this chat has been 28-17.  

fire_hog

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:05:48 pm
It looks like we will have a corps of freshman tailbacks playing.  Chauncey Washington is still only probable for the game.  How will freshman stack up against your defense?

D-line is actually looking pretty good, LB's look OK, although we can't lose Olajubutu. Once they break through to the secondary, it could spell trouble for us. I'm not nearly as concerned about the run game as I am passing. If Booty is playing well, he could have a highlight filled night.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

SPAL

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:11:01 pm
We are very concerned about the noise, our freshman have not experienced that type of environment.  PC has brought in loud speakers during practice to simulate the noise, what is the stadium like when it is at its best?

you guys score quick u will take the fans out. You guys have played at oregon, we pale in comparison to oregon. Crowd noise will be a non-issue after the first 8 minutes or so....it will be loud and rockin at the start of the game, but when booty hits DJ on an 80 yard fly, it will get quiet pretty quickly.

doo-ran

Auburn definitely started slow that year. Too bad you didn't get a shot at LSU. It may have been more of a game.

Trojanfan55

Elksnort,

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the more talented team.  Just look at our past recruiting.  I think player for player we are better but we are also less experienced and playing in a hostile environment.  Any Trojan fan that thinks this will be a cake walk like last year is a fool.  I think we win but by a narrow margin.

Trojanfan55

Dooran,

I would have preferred taking a shot against Auburn in the Orange Bowl rather than Oklahoma

berg

Kevin

never know how freshman are going to react.  i think thaqt is a big reason mitch is watching and not playing.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogHillbilly

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 29, 2006, 02:16:11 pm

you guys score quick u will take the fans out. You guys have played at oregon, we pale in comparison to oregon. Crowd noise will be a non-issue after the first 8 minutes or so....it will be loud and rockin at the start of the game, but when booty hits DJ on an 80 yard fly, it will get quiet pretty quickly.

You should change your name to TrojanFan55 #2
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

SPAL

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 29, 2006, 02:19:55 pm

classic...cant combat the truth so you resort to sayin im not a fan..typical.

ferrellhog

I realize that my post sounded like an attack .Ive just been watching and reading interviews with USC players and they sound like they are over looking this game .I know that you guys went into auburns house and won a few years back ,that is not my point .Week in week out of an sec schedule we play the auburns,bamas,georgias,tennesee,lsu ,florida.If you really think that you could accumulate a win streak like 36 games with that kind of schedule,well lets just say id like to see it .I know that USC is a top teir program and I respect petecarrol as one hell of a football coach ,But I dont beleive that USC faces SEC level talent In there conference schedule with the exception of cal or USC and scrappy oregon teams ,YOU guys dont play anyone of note .THE ONLY CONFERENCE MORE TOP HEAVY IS THE BIG 12 . All this being said ,I think its going to be a hell of a seaon opener ,my apologies if I ruffled your feathers ....ROOT HOG OR DIE

HogHillbilly

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 29, 2006, 02:22:25 pm

How is it the truth................It has'nt even happened yet...........Can you see into the future or something ?

dana caldwell

good to see u back, trojan55.

i agree with conway. i think arkansas will stack the line and stop the run. my concern is the big WRs, too.

arkansas MUST put heat on booty (again, that sounds bad!).

i'm liking that USC freshmen RBs will be picking up the blitzes. or trying to.

how is USC's O-Line, trojan?

RBLtoHOG

Im not worried about our D holdin yal... I just hope WE can put some points on the board.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

return2glory

Quote from: ferrellhog on August 29, 2006, 02:24:01 pm
I realize that my post sounded like an attack .Ive just been watching and reading interviews with USC players and they sound like they are over looking this game .I know that you guys went into auburns house and won a few years back ,that is not my point .Week in week out of an sec schedule we play the auburns,bamas,georgias,tennesee,lsu ,florida.If you really think that you could accumulate a win streak like 36 games with that kind of schedule,well lets just say id like to see it .I know that USC is a top teir program and I respect petecarrol as one hell of a football coach ,But I dont beleive that USC faces SEC level talent In there conference schedule with the exception of cal or USC and scrappy oregon teams ,YOU guys dont play anyone of note .THE ONLY CONFERENCE MORE TOP HEAVY IS THE BIG 12 . All this being said ,I think its going to be a hell of a seaon opener ,my apologies if I ruffled your feathers ....ROOT HOG OR DIE

Unless you count the Big LEast. After WVU and Louisville there is NOTHING!!!

Trojanfan55

Kevin,

MM will not be watching for long.  I think Johnson will give way to MM soon.

SPAL

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 29, 2006, 02:25:17 pm

How is it the truth................It has'nt even happened yet...........Can you see into the future or something ?

ive been to alot of games, lots of non conf and sec games...we havent beaten anybody of note under nutt at fayetteville since 99. The only reason fans stayed in the texas game is because it was texas and we were in it to the end.  I cant see the future, but the past is a very good indication and if a team jumps on us at fayetteville, the fans sit on their hands.

HogHillbilly

I hope the D-linemen can put the heat on booty with out a lot of help from the linebackers...........It will be a ong night if we have to blitz to keep booty stirred up

Trojanfan55

Ferrell,

I will be the first to say that the SEC is the best conference top to bottom.  But I also think the PAC 10 does not get enough credit.  Look at our Bowl record.  We always come away with great records.  The problem is that most of our games are played while you guys are sleeping.  My ranking is SEC, Big 10, PAC 10, Big 12.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 29, 2006, 02:30:44 pm

ive been to alot of games, lots of non conf and sec games...we havent beaten anybody of note under nutt at fayetteville since 99. The only reason fans stayed in the texas game is because it was texas and we were in it to the end.  I cant see the future, but the past is a very good indication and if a team jumps on us at fayetteville, the fans sit on their hands.

All I can say to that is.........Never forget the past, But don't live in the past !

Trojanfan55

Dana,

Good to be back.  PC says that our Oline is better today than it was at this time last year and I believe him.  We lost a lot (three starters) but we also have a lot of players with game experience.  The problem is our D tackles.

SPAL

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 29, 2006, 02:31:57 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 29, 2006, 02:30:44 pm

All I can say to that is.........Never forget the past, But don't live in the past !

i hope im wrong

Hawgasaurus

A hot knife and butter seem to spring to mind...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Trojanfan55

Now, Now boys.  Calm down, remember you are both on the same side.  

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 29, 2006, 02:34:36 pm

Nope............The defense is ready this time

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 29, 2006, 02:36:02 pm
Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 29, 2006, 02:34:36 pm

Nope............The defense is ready this time

We had better be.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Trojanfan55

Your defense does not have to face two heisman trophy winners either.  Of course you will have a better showing but will your defense give up less points than your offense scores?  If you are going to do it, this is the time.  We have a young team and it is early and we are playing in your house.  Still think we win by 10 or 11.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:34:59 pm
Now, Now boys.  Calm down, remember you are both on the same side.  

I have no doubt Sir Pig is a Hog Fan..............But some people on here want Arkansas to lose just so they can get rid of Nutt...........

ferrellhog

that sounds like a good analyisis of football conferences .Again I m sorry if im soundin antagonistic just getting hyped up for the game .You are a true fan of the game trojanfan 55 and I respect the way you write your thoughts ,YOU guys gotbeat in the rose bowl for the sam ereason we got beat in your house ,sepping back and watching A 1 of a kind college football player seemingly work magic .by the way I lost 20 bucks to my longhorn friend damnit .after the bezting yall gave us I didnt think that anyone could stop reggie bush .but the same could be said for Vince young

Trojanfan55

Hog,

Would that be such a bad thing?  Who knows, maybe you could get PC back.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:31:27 pm
Ferrell,

I will be the first to say that the SEC is the best conference top to bottom.  But I also think the PAC 10 does not get enough credit.  Look at our Bowl record.  We always come away with great records.  The problem is that most of our games are played while you guys are sleeping.  My ranking is SEC, Big 10, PAC 10, Big 12.

i was in a discussion with a washington (huskies) fan about just this and it was a learning experience. afterward i did the research and the Pac-10 is lots better than what most of us southerners perceive.

it's not just USC and/or UCLA anymore.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: ferrellhog on August 29, 2006, 02:38:59 pm
that sounds like a good analyisis of football conferences .Again I m sorry if im soundin antagonistic just getting hyped up for the game .You are a true fan of the game trojanfan 55 and I respect the way you write your thoughts ,YOU guys gotbeat in the rose bowl for the sam ereason we got beat in your house ,sepping back and watching A 1 of a kind college football player seemingly work magic .by the way I lost 20 bucks to my longhorn friend damnit .after the bezting yall gave us I didnt think that anyone could stop reggie bush .but the same could be said for Vince young

I lost 20 bucks on the Notre Dame / USC game

dana caldwell

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:33:54 pm
Dana,

Good to be back.  PC says that our Oline is better today than it was at this time last year and I believe him.  We lost a lot (three starters) but we also have a lot of players with game experience.  The problem is our D tackles.

man, if D-mac was around to run through them.

oh, wait a minute ...

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:39:39 pm
Hog,

Would that be such a bad thing?  Who knows, maybe you could get PC back.

Wishful thinking...............But I'd bet USC wouldn't let him go

Trojanfan55

Ferrell,

VY is a freak of nature but he is not a true qb.  After leaving the Texas vs. Michigan rose bowl game the year before with my Texas friend, I said, VY would never be able to run against my team like he did that day against Michigan.  I was wrong.  I don't want to go there, in 4 days we start a new year and I am pumped.  I think you guys have a great chance to do big things this year.  You have a talented defense, and they are very quick.  PC compares your defense to Va Tech two years ago.  I was at that game, they were good.  They shut down our talented offense and could have won if it was not for the President.  However, I don't think you will go as far with Johnson.  MM needs to get in the game and take you to the promise land.  Many will say that he is too young, I say he has been in the system with Gus for many years.  He just needs to get the timing down and be able to read defense a little better.  What do you say?

Trojanfan55

Dana,

Thank you.  Many people have that misconception about the PAC 10.  We will see on Saturday.  ESPN's afternoon lineup:

1.  Cal vs. Tennessee
2.  USC vs. Arkansas

Can you say awesome!

Trojanfan55

Hoghillbilly,

Yeah but we covered every other time except for the Texas game and ASU game.  It is hard to win by two touchdowns everytime.

Trojanfan55

Hoghillbilly,

PC won't go anywhere but the NFL.  He has too good of a thing going in LA.  The consensus is that he may go to the expansion LA NFL team, what do you think?

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 29, 2006, 02:46:07 pm
Hoghillbilly,

Yeah but we covered every other time except for the Texas game and ASU game.  It is hard to win by two touchdowns everytime.

I know yall won a hard fought game...............But there were some calls at the end I thought were just wrong, and would've given the Irish the win...........Oh well

nwarazfan

Keys to the game:

Booty's accuracy: If he is accurate, our secondary is probably toast.  That's not because they aren't good college football players but more to SC's offense and wr talent.

Pressuring Booty:  Our front 7 has to pressure him without gimmicky support from our secondary.  Force him into mistakes or see above.

Recognizing SC's defense:  Our offense has to recognize SC's on field personnel, what defense they are in and what they are tending to do out of this.  They'll morph from a 3-4 into a 4-3 and variations of the sort.  The positive thing about Gus' no huddle is it will allow him to see what is happening and send in the right personnel and hopefully plays to combat it.  This is a tough D to start a new offense against with inexperienced qb's(RJ is inexperienced in the passing game thanks to HDN) not just because of their athleticism/football skills but also because of what they can do to confuse.