Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just spoke to Kodi Burns...

Started by Flatline, August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

Quote from: drakehog on August 24, 2006, 10:16:58 pm
Quote from: HogHeathen on August 24, 2006, 09:30:53 pm
Otis needs to find a new profession.

actually, the person who told Otis or got the message to Otis that he needed to put this out there is the one that needs to find a new profession, or at least a new job away from Fayetteville.

Don't forget folks that Wally Hall also wrote it in his column Sunday before last. He didn't just make this up, he was told by someone. It wasn't the Burns family.

So is HDN putting that information out there cover himself when he doesn't get Kodi, or is he putting it out there to make Kodi choose Arkansas to show that it isn't true?  Or, is HDN putting it out there so people will quit bitching about him starting ROJO?  The man is the biggest liar in Arkansas.  He needs to go.

northsideHog03

Quote from: Hawgon on August 24, 2006, 10:27:49 pm

actually, the person who told Otis or got the message to Otis that he needed to put this out there is the one that needs to find a new profession, or at least a new job away from Fayetteville.

Don't forget folks that Wally Hall also wrote it in his column Sunday before last. He didn't just make this up, he was told by someone. It wasn't the Burns family.

So is HDN putting that information out there cover himself when he doesn't get Kodi, or is he putting it out there to make Kodi choose Arkansas to show that it isn't true?  Or, is HDN putting it out there so people will quit bitching about him starting ROJO?  The man is the biggest liar in Arkansas.  He needs to go.

LOL! Where is HDN coming in with all of this?

Richard_white

psst..another Hatfield situation. 

Hawgon

Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 24, 2006, 10:29:21 pm

See the quoted material, dummy.  Someone is feeding the same information to Otis and Wally.  Someone they both trust enough to put that information out to the public as gospel.  There aren't too many people who could do that and there aren't any who could do it without the approval of the Nuttster.

Hawgon

Quote from: Richard_white on August 24, 2006, 10:29:56 pm

psst..another Hatfield situation. 

That is what I am afraid of and what I predicted last year.  You would think that of all people, Frank Broyles would have learned not to make the same mistake twice in a lifetime. 

SPAL

Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 24, 2006, 10:29:21 pm

HDN is the reason we dont have kodi at this very second...if it werent for his ineptness at guiding and coahcing the QB, kodi woudlnt have to explore his options.

cmakrzrbak

dont feel like I needed to do this, but, +1 for the post.  Those that smite, please smite me now so I can win this game of chess.  And, yes, I have had a couple, its my birthday.

cmakrzrbak

aka Chad Mackey
aka partner-owner of Hogwild Pizzeria, Fayetteville, AR
aka proud father of a new baby girl, Gabrielle Eve,
aka proud husband of my wife, Ania, my hero
aka dedicated supporter of my Team and my State
aka not scared to hide behind a screen name
aka proud to know Hog fans who have the balls to speak the truth to Hog nation.  MI - thanks for staying true over all these years...
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

idochog

Quote from: Feralhog on August 24, 2006, 10:17:45 pm
Come on people.  If this didn't come from the Burns family, who the hell else could it be?  Otis may be a toadie but he ain't stupid.  He wouldn't pass this type of info along if it didn't come from someone that he thinks is pretty damn reliable.

Its Easy, HDN is feeding him this just like he feeds everything else to ODUS that he somehow regurgitates into print.

Im sure HDN is feeding ODUS this b/c he is preparing the excuses about dirty recruiting as to why we might lose Kodi to Auburn.

It is called a Red Herring.  The real truth of the matter is Kodi may not want to come here b/c of HDN.  I figure if Kodi is saved it will be only b/c Woods/Mahlzan saved us.  Let me remind you what our recruiting was like until Gus was brought on last yr. 
I love Jesus!

PulledPork

with this plane idea.....would Odus need a container that large to fit into?  How bout nuttin much bigger than a bread basket?

Pulled out...

hogpowr

Welcome Coach Bielema!

hogsmaster

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 24, 2006, 10:33:49 pm

HDN is the reason we dont have kodi at this very second...if it werent for his ineptness at guiding and coahcing the QB, kodi woudlnt have to explore his options.

I know you are a hater, but I don't get your post.  I know he is the head coach, but he is not the QB coach and is no longer the offensive coordinator.  I just don't see your rational.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogsmaster on August 24, 2006, 11:33:53 pm

I know you are a hater, but I don't get your post.  I know he is the head coach, but he is not the QB coach and is no longer the offensive coordinator.  I just don't see your rational.

Let me see if I can explain.  HDN may not be OC by title or QB coach by title right now, but how are any of us including Kodi going to believe anything has changed with him till we see it?  How does Kodi know that Alex and Gus are truly having positive impacts till he sees it?  If HDN weren't here, Kodi wouldn't have to worry that he was still meddling or controlling the offense.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 24, 2006, 11:45:56 pm

Let me see if I can explain.  HDN may not be OC by title or QB coach by title right now, but how are any of us including Kodi going to believe anything has changed with him till we see it?  How does Kodi know that Alex and Gus are truly having positive impacts till he sees it?  If HDN weren't here, Kodi wouldn't have to worry that he was still meddling or controlling the offense.

I wonder if Kodi has talked to Ben Cleveland.....

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogsmaster

Yes, Houston has veto power, but I just don't see how Gus, with his personality, would let Houston sabotage his offensive reputation without causing hell.  But as far as coaching the QB, it is Wood's job, and he has a very good reputation.  Unless, Kodi is concerned that Wood is only here short-term.

hogsmaster

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 24, 2006, 11:51:59 pm

And so you believe it's Houston idea to move him to WR?  Even Gus has said that Ben has not lined up in a 3-technique since the 9th grade.

PulledPork

Quote from: hogsmaster on August 24, 2006, 11:57:20 pm
Yes, Houston has veto power, but I just don't see how Gus, with his personality, would let Houston sabotage his offensive reputation without causing hell.  But as far as coaching the QB, it is Wood's job, and he has a very good reputation.  Unless, Kodi is concerned that Wood is only here short-term.
it is referred to as "Insubordination."

Pulled out...

hogsmaster

Quote from: PulledPork on August 25, 2006, 12:01:45 am
Yes, Houston has veto power, but I just don't see how Gus, with his personality, would let Houston sabotage his offensive reputation without causing hell.  But as far as coaching the QB, it is Wood's job, and he has a very good reputation.  Unless, Kodi is concerned that Wood is only here short-term.

Pulled out...

Yes, but if you were promised to have control of the offense and found out it is not true, then wouldn't you be PO and want to do something about it like resigning or taking it higher up.

PulledPork

Quote from: hogsmaster on August 25, 2006, 12:04:56 am
Quote from: PulledPork on August 25, 2006, 12:01:45 am

Pulled out...

Yes, but if you were promised to have control of the offense and found out it is not true, then wouldn't you be PO and want to do something about it like resigning or taking it higher up.
that would be with total faith that "promises" wouldn't be broken....remember, he is the guppy in the pond and JFB holds the net!

Pulled out...

Richard_white

Quote from: hogsmaster on August 25, 2006, 12:00:31 am

And so you believe it's Houston idea to move him to WR?  Even Gus has said that Ben has not lined up in a 3-technique since the 9th grade.

Didn't HDN wanted Mallet to line up at TE at camp?

SPAL

August 25, 2006, 12:37:56 am #69 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:39:28 am by sir-pigs-a-lot

It has nothing to do with being a hugger or a sider.It is about results. Nutt took Stoerner, a Ford recruit mind you and won with him....since clint, our passing attack has been at the bottom of not only the SEC, but the Nation. Matt Jones SAVED Houston nutt with his ability because he was a freak, and he is playing WR in the NFL. Name me one QB aside from matt, that Houston has recruited that has developed into a decent QB at Arkansas.Lets face it, we havent had any. It is houstons job to get the best QB coaches in the system and he hasnt been able to do that. Dont tell me its cause we cant afford to get the best either...we have JB Hunt, Tyson, and Wal Mart within spittin distance if they wanna get somebody. As NWA said, it is yet to be seen if Alex and Gus are those guys. And if you dont think houston is responsible for the qb;s over the past 8 years, who is?....its his insept play callin that doesnt give a QB a chance to succeed.

nwarazfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 25, 2006, 12:44:56 am
Gentlemen, could we keep this thread devolving into yet another "Nutt sucks" "No, Nutt rules" thread? There are plenty of those already on the board, no reason to sully this thread that contains information straight from Kodi Burns.

Just lock it.  Nothing new is going to get posted here.  Odus lied probably based on info from 'someone close to the program'.  AU is doing a good job of making their case to Kodi without BSing.  And Kodi is playing wait and see with our offense.

Albert Einswine

Gentlemen, could we keep this thread from devolving into yet another "Nutt sucks" "No, Nutt rules" thread? There are plenty of those already on the board, no reason to sully this thread that contains information straight from Kodi Burns.

But Scott,  Nutt sucks!   No,   Nutt rules!..........at sucking! ;) ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hawgon

Wasn't Malzahn his coach and o-coordinator in high school?  Why do you think that Malzahn suddenly thinks that the most important thing is for a tight end to line up in a 3-point technique?  That sounds more like the influence of HDN doesn't it?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: nwarazfan on August 25, 2006, 12:48:35 am
Gentlemen, could we keep this thread devolving into yet another "Nutt sucks" "No, Nutt rules" thread? There are plenty of those already on the board, no reason to sully this thread that contains information straight from Kodi Burns.

Just lock it.  Nothing new is going to get posted here.  Odus lied probably based on info from 'someone close to the program'.  AU is doing a good job of making their case to Kodi without BSing.  And Kodi is playing wait and see with our offense.
How the heck do you know what AU is saying to Kodi?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Feralhog

August 25, 2006, 08:32:25 am #74 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 08:47:27 am by Feralhog
Quote from: Yindao on August 25, 2006, 07:56:28 am

How the heck do you know what AU is saying to Kodi?

Can you clarify your post?  You posted in the thread and seemed to accept the original premise.  The original poster posted that he spoke to Kodi.  His credentials for making an insider post was confirmed by the top admin. on this board in THIS THREAD.  We may not know what the heck AU is saying, but we sure as hell know what they're not saying!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

blake

I took SF word for it yesterday, and so should you, and let it rest.

RazorRedneck

August 25, 2006, 09:34:12 am #76 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:40:34 am by RazorRedneck
Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm
Kodi was at the Jr. High Jamboree tonight in Fort Smith.  I pulled him off to the side and talked to him about what Otis said.  Kodi said that this was a lie and that he did not know where that had came from.  Kodi also said that he will take official visits to Arkansas and Auburn during the season and will probably not a make a decision until after the season.  I asked Kodi if I could tell the guys on Hogville this and he said "Yes, I want them to know the truth".  There is your answer straight from the man himself.

NATEHOGG216

Oh well if wally said it, damn Im taking it to the bank, cuz we all know that wally is the most factual writer the demacrap has.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oliverhogman on August 24, 2006, 10:14:48 pm
MLH,
Don't worry so much about getting smited.

KEEP POSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never let the smites keep me down.  You can smite me but you will never break me!!!
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgon on August 25, 2006, 07:11:09 am

Wasn't Malzahn his coach and o-coordinator in high school?  Why do you think that Malzahn suddenly thinks that the most important thing is for a tight end to line up in a 3-point technique?  That sounds more like the influence of HDN doesn't it?

Hawgon, I think you're confused. HDN and GM are moving BC out of the 3-point technique into
a stand up WR spot.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawgballz

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:05:16 pm
Otis said that Kodi was not going to Arkansas because of the way they treat black QB's.

That is not even close to what I heard Otis say on the radio and if you heard something different then I want to know when & where.  Otherwise don't shovel the BULLSHITE.  Somebody please tell Kodi what Otis really said so that he doesn't hold this bunch of bullcrap against the UofA.  This is exactly why message board posters should be very careful about talking to recruits. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

GuvHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 25, 2006, 10:34:17 am
Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:05:16 pm
Otis said that Kodi was not going to Arkansas because of the way they treat black QB's.

That is not even close to what I heard Otis say on the radio and if you heard something different then I want to know when & where.  Otherwise don't shovel the BULLSHITE.  Somebody please tell Kodi what Otis really said so that he doesn't hold this bunch of bullcrap against the UofA.  This is exactly why message board posters should be very careful about talking to recruits. 

Great Post! +1

DirkPiggler

August 25, 2006, 10:40:11 am #82 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:44:06 am by DirkPiggler
I hate to interrupt a good Otis-bashing session, but he's not the only one reporting (regurgitating?) this.  Dudley has also mentioned this.  Sounds like they're listening to the same parrot.

For those who aren't adept at reading between the lines, Nutt or someone close to him is telling the mouthpieces of the program that Auburn is playing the race card against us.  This information (misinformation) is being spread as a pre-emptive excuse in the event that Kodi decides to go to Auburn.  The fact that they've resorted to planting such stories must mean the staff believes that the chances of Kodi leaving are better than average.  I mean, it can't be because they're better than us and have the best QB coach in the country, can it?  There's got to be a more sensational and less rational explanation than that, right?
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DirkPiggler on August 25, 2006, 10:40:11 am
I hate to interrupt a good Otis-bashing session, but he's not the only one reporting (regurgitating?) this.  Dudley has also mentioned this.  Sounds like they're listening to the same parrot.

Odious and Diddly?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Richard_white

August 25, 2006, 10:50:59 am #84 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:53:57 am by Richard_white
What does Dale have to gain if he is the one spreading these rumors?  A lot of people on this board say that Dale will be here for a long time, maybe being the AD when Frank retires.  He doesn't need to do much when he has job security.

GuvHog

For those who aren't adept at reading between the lines, Nutt or someone close to him is telling the mouthpieces of the program that Auburn is playing the race card against us.  This information (misinformation) is being spread as a pre-emptive excuse in the event that Kodi decides to go to Auburn.  The fact that they've resorted to planting such stories must mean the staff believes that the chances of Kodi leaving are better than average.  I mean, it can't be because they're better than us and have the best QB coach in the country, can it?  There's got to be a more sensational and less rational explanation than that, right?

+1 on your first paragraph, the rest is BS.

Root Hog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 24, 2006, 09:47:24 pm
Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:43:43 pm
Let me correct this Otis did say that Auburn was using this tactic but that Kodi was buying it.  Does that sound better.

Then Kodi shouldn't be offended at Otis, he should be offended that the Auburn people
would say that.

By the way, I was listening and Otis said Kodi Wasn't buying it.

How would Otis know that?   Did Tommy Tuberville call Otis and say, "By the way, I'm spreading the rumor that HDN is a racist?"   Maybe Auburn is crafty enough to know that dumb ol' Otis would repeat something like that.

DirkPiggler

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 10:53:10 am

Shove your +1.  No BS comes from these lips (or this keyboard). 

Who do you think is spreading the misinformation? 
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

GuvHog

Quote from: DirkPiggler on August 25, 2006, 12:22:43 pm

What I think doesn't matter. The fact is I don't know who is spreading this misinformation
and neither do you. To state that it is a fact that HDN did it is totally irresponsible
and ridiculous. Having an opinion about it is one thing but stating it as fact is quite another.

hogfan47

damn now Nutt is spreading the rumors .
it is amazing the garbage that comes from the dark side
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 12:31:56 pm
Quote from: DirkPiggler on August 25, 2006, 12:22:43 pm

What I think doesn't matter. The fact is I don't know who is spreading this misinformation
and neither do you. To state that it is a fact that HDN did it is totally irresponsible
and ridiculous. Having an opinion about it is one thing but stating it as fact is quite another.

Nutt doesn't have to spread the misinformation, he is just gonna pull his scholly at the last second if he doesn't think he is coming here and THEN tell everyone he had an attitude problem, oh wait, he already did that with slick,  think it will work twice?
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 12:43:56 pm

and amazing the amount of koolaid the sunshine can drink up

hogfan47

i watched slick play at south side Arkansas lost nothing
Arkansas did not need another batman..........
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 12:53:02 pm
i watched slick play at south side Arkansas lost nothing
Arkansas did not need another batman..........

Are you smoking crack? I would LOVE another batman.  Both kids could play.  It does suck that we don't have a coach that can get the kids to respect him so we just bail on the kids that have some problems.

TulsaHogFan

Can you offer me a believable alternative to who would be spreading the rumor if it were not the Burns family?

Seriously.

Who else would do that?  Who else has something to gain by making Auburn look like the bad guy in that recruiting situation.

I will await your response.

hogfan47

Tulsa samething back at you show me proof that he is all i hear is conjecture..
when all is said and done that is worthless
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

TulsaHogFan

Hogfan47 I didn't ask for proof did I ?

I am waiting on you.

I asked for a Believable alternative to who could possibly gain from spreading this rumor which has caused harm to the Burns family.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 01:08:30 pm

I am waiting on you.

I asked for a Believable alternative to who could possibly gain from spreading this rumor which has caused harm to the Burns family.

Okay...I started the rumor.  I can't take it anymore...I had to come clean.

Seriously...I would like to know who had the most to gain from this.

Wonder if it is the same coach that leaked the "story" of the coaches having problems and things having to be settled by FB.  I just wonder if it isn't the same "source"
Retired Radio Host

SPAL

Quote from: uglyuncle on August 25, 2006, 01:12:29 pm
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 01:08:30 pm

I am waiting on you.

Okay...I started the rumor.  I can't take it anymore...I had to come clean.

Seriously...I would like to know who had the most to gain from this.

Wonder if it is the same coach that leaked the "story" of the coaches having problems and things having to be settled by FB.  I just wonder if it isn't the same "source"

my question is....who is the suprise commit this season and who will be the mystery commit...we are bound to have those rumors flyin around again....oodus loved those type of rumors.

Feralhog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 12:58:12 pm

Can you offer me a believable alternative to who would be spreading the rumor if it were not the Burns family?

Seriously.

Who else would do that?  Who else has something to gain by making Auburn look like the bad guy in that recruiting situation.

I will await your response.

There's only two options if it didn't come from the Burns family.  Either Otis took it upon himself to say something that he knows is total BS, or someone that Otis trusts said AU was race baiting.  I guess there is a third option.  Otis could be talking to crack heads on the street then broadcasting it as insider knowledge.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent