Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just spoke to Kodi Burns...

Started by Flatline, August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DirkPiggler

Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 26, 2006, 04:04:59 pm

Just for future reference GUV,  Goober down at the fillin' station IS NOT a credible source.    Now that we've got that straight,  feel free to carry on.

I would add that the voices in his head don't count either. 
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

Hawgballz

Quote from: drakehog on August 25, 2006, 11:19:50 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 10:57:00 pm
Quote from: Oliverhogman on August 25, 2006, 10:39:58 pm
Regarding Herb Grigsby.  I will have to take up for Nutt here. 

Coach Nutt DID NOT pull Herb Grigsby sxholarship offer. 

The Nuttless wonderboy told Grigsby HS coach to tell the kid that his offer was being pulled. 

Get your facts straight. LOL!!!

Get your facts straight? You've got to be kidding! That schollie offer to Herb Grisby was made
without authorization from H. Nutt and without his Knowledge. That offer should never have been made. The assistant who made it was way out of line and was fired for it.

George Pugh wasn't fired for any offers he may have made that Otis and anyone else now say were made without the head coach's blessing. His "recruiting coordinator" efforts were the least of his problems and why he left the staff.

If the only reason Pugh was fired was because he was have too much extra curricular activities, then we would have to let some other esteemed athletic staff members on the hill go.  Not just in the football and I have not seen any of them shown the door so I have to believe there were other issues that also led to Pugh's leaving.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

WilsonHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 26, 2006, 04:37:57 pm

The Nuttless wonderboy told Grigsby HS coach to tell the kid that his offer was being pulled. 

Get your facts straight? You've got to be kidding! That schollie offer to Herb Grisby was made
without authorization from H. Nutt and without his Knowledge. That offer should never have been made. The assistant who made it was way out of line and was fired for it.

George Pugh wasn't fired for any offers he may have made that Otis and anyone else now say were made without the head coach's blessing. His "recruiting coordinator" efforts were the least of his problems and why he left the staff.

If the only reason Pugh was fired was because he was have too much extra curricular activities, then we would have to let some other esteemed athletic staff members on the hill go.  Not just in the football and I have not seen any of them shown the door so I have to believe there were other issues that also led to Pugh's leaving.

I'm thinking that at least one of the esteemed staff members to whom you are referring has a built in "get-out-of-jail free" card.

Hawgballz

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 26, 2006, 04:41:37 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on August 26, 2006, 04:37:57 pm

I'm thinking that at least one of the esteemed staff members to whom you are referring has a built in "get-out-of-jail free" card.

It is nice to have one of those, I wish I could draw one from the community chest.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

MrSpook1352

Quote from: drakehog on August 25, 2006, 11:46:52 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:26:15 pm

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most of the people I've talked to believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

Guv, I'm going to make you feel really proud of yourself for a moment and tell you that you are partly right: George Pugh was indeed given by Coach Nutt a choice of resigning and also searching for another job in the interim and his resignation not be announced immediately, or be fired. But if you think it was because he may have offered a scholarship without the head coach's blessing, you are as wrong as can be. So basically, Guv, you have it half-right, which goes right along with you going off half-cocked.

You keep guessing, though, or ask all the people at the farm what they think, and get back to us, and I promise I'll confirm when you get it right.

Is this mention of "the farm" intended to be a slur on rural people?

MrSpook1352

Quote from: drakehog on August 26, 2006, 12:06:04 am
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:55:35 pm

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most of the people I've talked to believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

Guv, I'm going to make you feel really proud of yourself for a moment and tell you that you are partly right: George Pugh was indeed given by Coach Nutt a choice of resigning and also searching for another job in the interim and his resignation not be announced immediately, or be fired. But if you think it was because he may have offered a scholarship without the head coach's blessing, you are as wrong as can be. So basically, Guv, you have it half-right, which goes right along with you going off half-cocked.

You keep guessing, though, or ask all the people at the farm what they think, and get back to us, and I promise I'll confirm when you get it right.

You keep insisting that I'm wrong about George Pugh yet you never provide any evidence to the
contrary. Present your confirmating evidence and I might change my mind.

Guv, I am certain 100 percent that of this "overwhelming majority" of people at the farm that you talk with about the goings on at the UA, not one of them is any of the people we have discussed in this thread, not related to the people discussed in the thread, not even neighbors with the people discussed in this thread.
Until you come back here with some credible evidience to show you even know a Shiite about anything, I'm going to assume you don't. You obviously have no clue as to why Pugh left here. You haven't even come close to even hinting at it. All you do know is a bunch of nothing. I would guess you're one of those fools at the Razorback Clubs who stands up leading the ovations for Nutt and make sure to cozy up to him before he hightails it out of there, sputtering out something like "C-C-C-Coach, it sure was great to see you tonight. You're doing a great, er great job coach. Keep up the gggggggrrrrrreat work. Can I sh-sh-sh-shine your shoes before you have to leave?"
Gawd this is going to be one interesting football season on this board.

And are you intentionally making fun of people stuttering here?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on August 26, 2006, 05:18:59 pm

I think he might have been referring to the "funny farm" or State Hospital or however one might refer to the asylum. ;)
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

MrSpook1352

August 26, 2006, 05:24:28 pm #207 Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 05:26:43 pm by MrSpook1352
Quote from: Albert Einswine on August 26, 2006, 05:21:43 pm

I think he might have been referring to the "funny farm" or State Hospital or however one might refer to the asylum. ;)

And do those people stutter too? And look at the rest of the conversation and tell me if you think he was referring to the "funny farm." 

bythelake

When I first starting reading this thread it was troublesome to say the least.  But as the story unfolds we see a lot of insinuations and assumptions being parlayed into arguements about nothing.  Seems nobody really knows.  Case closed.

Kilgor

Lot's of arrogance being thrown around in here.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

dana caldwell

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 01:10:56 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on August 26, 2006, 01:06:08 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 12:59:21 pm
Quote from: dana caldwell on August 26, 2006, 10:26:03 am
"As in Razorback Belles?   Do tell."

believe i just did.

Oh I believe what you're saying about the Belle's is true, and is part of the reason
why he was asked to leave. But I don't believe it's the MAIN reason.

In terms of a logical, well-constructed, well-supported argument, exactly why do you believe it wasn't the MAIN reason? 

The fact that you don't want it to be the main reason doesn't suffice.

Lets just say it's what my sources tell me. I'm not stating it as fact, just what I've
been told and believe.

many sources -- all quite credible -- told us it was the reason. all off the doggone record, of course. i believe it much to be true.

as for personal stuff and coaches leaving, don't for a second think beaudreaux left to get into business.

Jim Harris

absolutely not. Some of my bestest friends are rural people. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on August 26, 2006, 05:21:16 pm

You keep insisting that I'm wrong about George Pugh yet you never provide any evidence to the

Guv, I am certain 100 percent that of this "overwhelming majority" of people at the farm that you talk with about the goings on at the UA, not one of them is any of the people we have discussed in this thread, not related to the people discussed in the thread, not even neighbors with the people discussed in this thread.
Until you come back here with some credible evidience to show you even know a Shiite about anything, I'm going to assume you don't. You obviously have no clue as to why Pugh left here. You haven't even come close to even hinting at it. All you do know is a bunch of nothing. I would guess you're one of those fools at the Razorback Clubs who stands up leading the ovations for Nutt and make sure to cozy up to him before he hightails it out of there, sputtering out something like "C-C-C-Coach, it sure was great to see you tonight. You're doing a great, er great job coach. Keep up the gggggggrrrrrreat work. Can I sh-sh-sh-shine your shoes before you have to leave?"

No, certainly people including myself, in the presence of a god-like personality like, Guv's case, Houston Dale Nutt, tend to bow down and stammer over themselves when trying to make conversations.
But, as I think about it, why am I even having to explain this to you? Is the name Mr.Spook some sort of bigoted racial reference?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

MrSpook1352

August 28, 2006, 11:04:44 am #214 Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 11:08:57 am by MrSpook1352
Quote from: drakehog on August 28, 2006, 10:41:46 am
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on August 26, 2006, 05:21:16 pm

No, certainly people including myself, in the presence of a god-like personality like, Guv's case, Houston Dale Nutt, tend to bow down and stammer over themselves when trying to make conversations.
But, as I think about it, why am I even having to explain this to you? Is the name Mr.Spook some sort of bigoted racial reference?

No, it's not - just a reference to my birth on Hallow's eve.  But thanks for "explaining" you've certainly cleared my conceptions. (Not sure I can call it misconceptions.) ;)