Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just spoke to Kodi Burns...

Started by Flatline, August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Quote from: drakehog on August 25, 2006, 11:19:50 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 10:57:00 pm
Quote from: Oliverhogman on August 25, 2006, 10:39:58 pm
Regarding Herb Grigsby.  I will have to take up for Nutt here. 

Coach Nutt DID NOT pull Herb Grigsby sxholarship offer. 

The Nuttless wonderboy told Grigsby HS coach to tell the kid that his offer was being pulled. 

Get your facts straight. LOL!!!

Get your facts straight? You've got to be kidding! That schollie offer to Herb Grisby was made
without authorization from H. Nutt and without his Knowledge. That offer should never have been made. The assistant who made it was way out of line and was fired for it.

George Pugh wasn't fired for any offers he may have made that Otis and anyone else now say were made without the head coach's blessing. His "recruiting coordinator" efforts were the least of his problems and why he left the staff.

No fair using facts.

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:26:15 pm

The Nuttless wonderboy told Grigsby HS coach to tell the kid that his offer was being pulled. 

Get your facts straight? You've got to be kidding! That schollie offer to Herb Grisby was made
without authorization from H. Nutt and without his Knowledge. That offer should never have been made. The assistant who made it was way out of line and was fired for it.

George Pugh wasn't fired for any offers he may have made that Otis and anyone else now say were made without the head coach's blessing. His "recruiting coordinator" efforts were the least of his problems and why he left the staff.

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most people believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

You ever hear what happens the majority of the time when people assume things, especially considering your memory on past incidents?  Think about it before you answer.

Richard_white

Is there anyway we can find that in the Demo Gazette, Guvy?

GuvHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 11:29:24 pm

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most people believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

You ever hear what happens the majority of the time when people assume things, especially considering your memory on past incidents?  Think about it before you answer.

The overwhelming majority of the people I've talk to think what I've said is exactly what happened.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:36:30 pm

The overwhelming majority of the people I've talk to think what I've said is exactly what happened.

Do those people possess the same degree of acumen that you do?

pseudorabies

Does that make it true?  The overwhelming majority of people on the earth at one time thought you would fall off it if sailed too far out across the ocean.

GuvHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 11:40:10 pm

Does that make it true?  The overwhelming majority of people on the earth at one time thought you would fall off it if sailed too far out across the ocean.

I could also say the same thing about those who believe HDN was forced to hire GM and AW.
The same thing applies to them.

Jim Harris

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most of the people I've talked to believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

Guv, I'm going to make you feel really proud of yourself for a moment and tell you that you are partly right: George Pugh was indeed given by Coach Nutt a choice of resigning and also searching for another job in the interim and his resignation not be announced immediately, or be fired. But if you think it was because he may have offered a scholarship without the head coach's blessing, you are as wrong as can be. So basically, Guv, you have it half-right, which goes right along with you going off half-cocked.

You keep guessing, though, or ask all the people at the farm what they think, and get back to us, and I promise I'll confirm when you get it right.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:43:23 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 11:40:10 pm

I could also say the same thing about those who believe HDN was forced to hire GM and AW.
The same thing applies to them.

You can and have.  You will have your proof on that soon enough.  Just don't do something too drastic when have your head pulled out of the sand.

Oklahawg

Some believe that HDN would never say or do anything towards a recruit that was below the belt or unprofessional. These are the same folks who refuse to accept that the pay gurus are handed a list of recruits by a staffer per the request of HDN.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GuvHog

Quote from: drakehog on August 25, 2006, 11:46:52 pm

Sorry I don't buy it. It's not purely coincedental that he was asked to leave right after that happen. Most of the people I've talked to believe he was given the option of resigning or being fired.

Guv, I'm going to make you feel really proud of yourself for a moment and tell you that you are partly right: George Pugh was indeed given by Coach Nutt a choice of resigning and also searching for another job in the interim and his resignation not be announced immediately, or be fired. But if you think it was because he may have offered a scholarship without the head coach's blessing, you are as wrong as can be. So basically, Guv, you have it half-right, which goes right along with you going off half-cocked.

You keep guessing, though, or ask all the people at the farm what they think, and get back to us, and I promise I'll confirm when you get it right.

You keep insisting that I'm wrong about George Pugh yet you never provide any evidence to the
contrary. Present your confirmating evidence and I might change my mind.

Oklahawg

Personally, I don't know that Houston is so base that he'd play the race card. Danny is, though, and he has an established pattern of flapping his gums and revealing sensitive info that would best serve the program by being silenced.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 11:55:35 pm

You keep insisting that I'm wrong about George Pugh yet you never provide any evidence to the

Says the man who has yet to prove anything on this board. 

GuvHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on August 25, 2006, 11:56:52 pm

Says the man who has yet to prove anything on this board. 

I've quit stating things as fact, I only state opinions. Therefore I have nothing to prove.

Jim Harris

August 26, 2006, 12:06:04 am #164 Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:12:33 am by drakehog

Guv, I am certain 100 percent that of this "overwhelming majority" of people at the farm that you talk with about the goings on at the UA, not one of them is any of the people we have discussed in this thread, not related to the people discussed in the thread, not even neighbors with the people discussed in this thread.
Until you come back here with some credible evidience to show you even know a Shiite about anything, I'm going to assume you don't. You obviously have no clue as to why Pugh left here. You haven't even come close to even hinting at it. All you do know is a bunch of nothing. I would guess you're one of those fools at the Razorback Clubs who stands up leading the ovations for Nutt and make sure to cozy up to him before he hightails it out of there, sputtering out something like "C-C-C-Coach, it sure was great to see you tonight. You're doing a great, er great job coach. Keep up the gggggggrrrrrreat work. Can I sh-sh-sh-shine your shoes before you have to leave?"
Gawd this is going to be one interesting football season on this board.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 06:15:03 pm
Tulsa 1st I have a life after internet so i don't spend my life at the keyboards .
2nd your 1 sided hate for Nutt makes any points you make baseless.
smite if you wish but back up your facts

LOL,  Thats funny.

See you make it sound like you were off doing something else when i posted what i did.

Well lets backtrack and look at things a bit shall we?

I posted this at 12:58 pm

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 12:58:12 pm
damn now Nutt is spreading the rumors .
it is amazing the garbage that comes from the dark side

Can you offer me a believable alternative to who would be spreading the rumor if it were not the Burns family?

Seriously.

Who else would do that?  Who else has something to gain by making Auburn look like the bad guy in that recruiting situation.

I will await your response.

I then posted this at 1:08 pm

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 01:08:30 pm
Hogfan47 I didn't ask for proof did I ?

I am waiting on you.

I asked for a Believable alternative to who could possibly gain from spreading this rumor which has caused harm to the Burns family.

You failed to respond to this comment, however you had no problems responding to other threads for 10 more minutes.

Here you are posting minutes after my post

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 01:14:52 pm
Kines was good allway felt he was done dirty

I guess your life outside the internet is on this site or am i missing a reason why you failed to respond.  Probably just didn't see it right?

Ok well here is your chace.

I am still waiting on a VIABLE alternative to a person who would spread this rumor and cause these problems.

Feel free to take your time in replying.

GuvHog

Quote from: drakehog on August 26, 2006, 12:06:04 am

Guv, I am certain 100 percent that of this "overwhelming majority" of people at the farm that you talk with about the goings on at the UA, not one of them is any of the people we have discussed in this thread, not related to the people discussed in the thread, not even neighbors with the people discussed in this thread.
Until you come back here with some credible evidience to show you even know a Shiite about anything, I'm going to assume you don't. You obviously have no clue as to why Pugh left here. You haven't even come close to even hinting at it. All you do know is a bunch of nothing. I would guess you're one of those fools at the Razorback Clubs who stands up leading the ovations for Nutt and make sure to cozy up to him before he hightails it out of there, sputting out something like "C-C-C-Coach, it sure was great to see you tonight. You're doing a great, er great job coach. Keep up the gggggggrrrrrreat work. Can I sh-sh-sh-shine your shoes before you have to leave?"

BS, I'm still waiting on your proof that I'm wrong. No I'm not one of those Hog meeting people
you described. I'm a middle of the roader, who says if HDN doesn't win this year (and I don't
mean7-5), he's gone. Period. No more excuses.

pseudorabies

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 12:12:08 am
Quote from: drakehog on August 26, 2006, 12:06:04 am

Until you come back here with some credible evidience to show you even know a Shiite about anything, I'm going to assume you don't. You obviously have no clue as to why Pugh left here. You haven't even come close to even hinting at it. All you do know is a bunch of nothing. I would guess you're one of those fools at the Razorback Clubs who stands up leading the ovations for Nutt and make sure to cozy up to him before he hightails it out of there, sputting out something like "C-C-C-Coach, it sure was great to see you tonight. You're doing a great, er great job coach. Keep up the gggggggrrrrrreat work. Can I sh-sh-sh-shine your shoes before you have to leave?"

BS, I'm still waiting on your proof that I'm wrong. No I'm not one of those Hog meeting people
you described. I'm a middle of the roader, who says if HDN doesn't win this year (and I don't
mean7-5), he's gone. Period. No more excuses.

I know no one would ever describe you like this but some people on here have developed something known as credibility.  Just in case it's not in your vocabulary:

Credibility:  the quality or power of inspiring belief. When applied to an information source, credibility centres on three factors: opportunity (is the source in a position to know?) ability (does the source have the skill and competence?) dependability (is the source responsible and trustworthy?).

Knowing drakehog, I could answer yes to all three of those questions if it were applied to him.

Oliverhogman

Guv,
Let me give you a hint on why Pugh left. 

Remember that show "Leave it to BEAVER"

WilsonHog

Guv, you are out of your league here. If we were talking cards instead of sources drake would be holding a royal flush.

You would be trying to see if you had any Ones.

No one ever made any headway arguing against someone with better information, better sources, and the capacity for logical thought.

Richard_white

Honest question here.  Could there be away for Otis to leave if Dale decides to move on.  Could you see a coach like Butch working with Otis?

WindyCityHog

hogfan47

[applaud] / [smite]

I love Swimming

Re: I just spoke to Kodi Burns...
« Reply #181 on: Today at 12:09:10 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 06:15:03 PM
Tulsa 1st I have a life after internet so i don't spend my life at the keyboards .

LOL,  Thats funny.

See you make it sound like you were off doing something else when i posted what i did.

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 12:58:12 PM

Can you offer me a believable alternative to who would be spreading the rumor if it were not the Burns family?

Seriously.

Who else would do that?  Who else has something to gain by making Auburn look like the bad guy in that recruiting situation.

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 01:08:30 PM

I am waiting on you.

I asked for a Believable alternative to who could possibly gain from spreading this rumor which has caused harm to the Burns family.

You failed to respond to this comment, however you had no problems responding to other threads for 10 more minutes.

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 01:14:52 PM

I guess your life outside the internet is on this site or am i missing a reason why you failed to respond.  Probably just didn't see it right?

I am still waiting on a VIABLE alternative to a person who would spread this rumor and cause these problems.

Re

tulsa your a idiot on the same page has him and fire num nutts if that gets me banned so be it ... you join the other 2 has the only folks i have ever put on ignore for worthless babble
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Albert Einswine

I think this would be a good analogy for this situation.

The Dale Nutt and MSM regime equate to the Nixon Administration.

Odius,  Diddley,  Cway and Cluck are akin to Liddy,  Ehrlichman,  Colson, and Dean.   The Plumbers,  Dales dirty tricksters. 

Just sayin'.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

MrSpook1352

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 26, 2006, 12:20:55 am
Guv, you are out of your league here. If we were talking cards instead of sources drake would be holding a royal flush.

You would be trying to see if you had any Ones.

No one ever made any headway arguing against someone with better information, better sources, and the capacity for logical thought.

No one ever made any headway arguing against someone with trite, cliched, hackneyed put-downs. ;)

pseudorabies

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 26, 2006, 08:10:30 am

[applaud] / [smite]

I love Swimming

Re: I just spoke to Kodi Burns...
« Reply #181 on: Today at 12:09:10 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 06:15:03 PM

LOL,  Thats funny.

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 12:58:12 PM

Seriously.

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 25, 2006, 01:08:30 PM

I am waiting on you.

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 25, 2006, 01:14:52 PM

Re

tulsa your a idiot on the same page has him and fire num nutts if that gets me banned so be it ... you join the other 2 has the only folks i have ever put on ignore for worthless babble

Leave the name calling out of this forum.  Just to let you know though, you can't ignore Mods or Admins.

dana caldwell

"What I think doesn't matter. The fact is I don't know who is spreading this misinformation
and neither do you. To state that it is a fact that HDN did it is totally irresponsible
and ridiculous. Having an opinion about it is one thing but stating it as fact is quite another."

having dealt with nutt several hundred times about several hundred subjects, this is exactly the way he works when he wants something out there.

do i know he tossed this info out there? no. did i immediately jump to the conclussion? oh, yeah.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: dana caldwell on August 26, 2006, 09:31:57 am
"What I think doesn't matter. The fact is I don't know who is spreading this misinformation
and neither do you.
To state that it is a fact that HDN did it is totally irresponsible
and ridiculous. Having an opinion about it is one thing but stating it as fact is quite another."

having dealt with nutt several hundred times about several hundred subjects, this is exactly the way he works when he wants something out there.

do i know he tossed this info out there? no. did i immediately jump to the conclussion? oh, yeah.

Right on Dana,  we do know that it's not the Auburn coaches or the Burns family.   Who does that leave?   Hmmmm.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

dana caldwell

August 26, 2006, 09:49:25 am #178 Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:55:30 am by dana caldwell

drake is right. weird personal conduct is why he's gone. something about ringing, um, Belles.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: dana caldwell on August 26, 2006, 09:49:25 am

drake is right. weird personal conduct is why he's gone. something about ringing, um, Belles.

As in Razorback Belles?   Do tell.

dana caldwell

"As in Razorback Belles?   Do tell."

believe i just did.

dana caldwell

"Uh, uh...the next time I...uh, sees you, Dana Caldwell...I. uh, uh am a gonna slap yo face!  A-Biddly, biddly, biddly...that's all folks!!!

-- Otis Kirk"

don't start that terrifying stuff again.   ;D

Oklahawg

OK is enough to make you hate Kobe Bryant and the Lakers. If you don't already.

Tusks

Don't worry Dana....you could take Grit....he'd be out of breath and pass out after one swing.

As far a Pugh goes....there's two things that smell like fish.....and one of them is fish.

Thank you...thank you....don't forget to tip you waitress.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GuvHog

Quote from: dana caldwell on August 26, 2006, 10:26:03 am
"As in Razorback Belles?   Do tell."

believe i just did.

Oh I believe what you're saying about the Belle's is true, and is part of the reason
why he was asked to leave. But I don't believe it's the MAIN reason.

Oliverhogman

A married coach with a daughter who was attending the University.  Messing around with the Belles

Your probably right Guv.
It probably was NOT the main reason that Nutt got rid of him.  If that was the case, Nutt might have to fire at least one more.

WilsonHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 12:59:21 pm

believe i just did.

Oh I believe what you're saying about the Belle's is true, and is part of the reason

In terms of a logical, well-constructed, well-supported argument, exactly why do you believe it wasn't the MAIN reason? 

The fact that you don't want it to be the main reason doesn't suffice.

GuvHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 26, 2006, 01:06:08 pm

believe i just did.

In terms of a logical, well-constructed, well-supported argument, exactly why do you believe it wasn't the MAIN reason? 

Lets just say it's what my sources tell me. I'm not stating it as fact, just what I've
been told and believe.

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 01:10:56 pm

believe i just did.

Lets just say it's what my sources tell me. I'm not stating it as fact, just what I've
been told and believe.

Is it the same source that told you that Barnes would be the play by play man.  When are you going to realize that your sources are wrong. 

WilsonHog

believe i just did.

been told and believe.

Wow, Guv. I don't know when I've seen such a well-articulated and well-structured argument. I bow to your obvious intellect and capacity for abstract thought.

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on August 26, 2006, 01:13:03 pm

believe i just did.

been told and believe.

Is it the same source that told you that Barnes would be the play by play man.  When are you going to realize that your sources are wrong. 

Nobody told me that BARNES would be the play by play man. Where did you get that?

Oliverhogman

I have to ask "Is this Guvhog, the FAMOUS Dudley".

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 01:18:34 pm

believe i just did.

been told and believe.

Nobody told me that BARNES would be the play by play man. Where did you get that?

Steve Sullivan

idochog

Quote from: miles22 on August 25, 2006, 10:03:38 pm
I really think the idea that Houston Nutt  provided Otis and Dudley with this rumor is insane.  We are weeks away from playing one of the best teams in the country and you think Houston Nutt is spending his time making up rumors about a recruit?  Furthermore, you think he secretly spread the rumor to specific members of the media? That seems a little farfetched to me.  Say what you want about Houston as a coach, but to immediately assume that he is behind this rumor is ridiculous.  There are no facts to substantiate the claim that Houston is responsible.  If Nutt was in the business of spreading rumors like this why didn't Nutt spread negative rumors about Notre Dame when it seemed like we were going to lose Mitch?  The bottom line is none of us know who started this rumor and predictably some people on this board have somehow convinced themselves that it is "logical" to assume that Nutt is to blame.

HDN has said negative things before about players he thought was going elsewhere.  HDN has angered many high school coaches by his tactics.  The problem never was the clould, it was how HDN handled his recruiting business.  Sucky hires like Ealy and Vaugh and that other dude that was our recruiting coordinator are some of the reasons for these problems.

Its time to face the music, HDN needs to go.
I love Jesus!

fire_hog

Guv, have you ever stopped, taken a step back, and looked at every thing you believe and don't believe concerning the inner workings on the hill? Do you think it is a coincidence that every story you choose to believe defends HDN? Or that every story you choose not to believe discredits him? That's pretty funny, don't you think?

Now I haven't gotten into this particular discussion simply for the fact that I don't know enough about the subject. My advice to you would be to do the same. There are many people on here that know far more about this situation than you or I, and it just makes an uninformed poster look foolish.

Sorry for the rant. I'll hang up and lick the Cheeto dust from my fingers.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

HogISH™

Quote from: nutted on August 26, 2006, 11:30:31 am
Don't worry Dana....you could take Grit....he'd be out of breath and pass out after one swing.

As far a Pugh goes....there's two things that smell like fish.....and one of them is fish.

Thank you...thank you....don't forget to tip you waitress.

i have seen dana fight.. grit has no chance!

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

GuvHog

Quote from: fire_hog on August 26, 2006, 01:38:45 pm
Guv, have you ever stopped, taken a step back, and looked at every thing you believe and don't believe concerning the inner workings on the hill? Do you think it is a coincidence that every story you choose to believe defends HDN? Or that every story you choose not to believe discredits him? That's pretty funny, don't you think?

Now I haven't gotten into this particular discussion simply for the fact that I don't know enough about the subject. My advice to you would be to do the same. There are many people on here that know far more about this situation than you or I, and it just makes an uninformed poster look foolish.

Sorry for the rant. I'll hang up and lick the Cheeto dust from my fingers.

No, I actually think HDN has made far more than his share of mistakes, and one of the
biggest was hiring Roy Wittke. He needs to admit it when he's wrong and give credit were
credit is due.

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on August 26, 2006, 01:31:40 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 26, 2006, 01:18:34 pm

believe i just did.

been told and believe.

Steve Sullivan

The search isn't over yet.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogfan47 on August 26, 2006, 08:10:30 am

This is hilarious, you call this information GARBAGE, yet in your two opportunities to explain yourself and offer a viable alternative solution, you resort to name calling and saying you will ignore me.  I guess we found out who is full of it pretty quickly in this argument.  I have been waiting for over 24 hours for your response after you titled this thread "garbage" and you have offered nothing.

Trust me if i could ban you, you would have been gone a lonnnnnnng time ago.

Albert Einswine

believe i just did.

been told and believe.

Just for future reference GUV,  Goober down at the fillin' station IS NOT a credible source.    Now that we've got that straight,  feel free to carry on.