Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just spoke to Kodi Burns...

Started by Flatline, August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatline

Kodi was at the Jr. High Jamboree tonight in Fort Smith.  I pulled him off to the side and talked to him about what Otis said.  Kodi said that this was a lie and that he did not know where that had came from.  Kodi also said that he will take official visits to Arkansas and Auburn during the season and will probably not a make a decision until after the season.  I asked Kodi if I could tell the guys on Hogville this and he said "Yes, I want them to know the truth".  There is your answer straight from the man himself.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm
Kodi was at the Jr. High Jamboree tonight in Fort Smith.  I pulled him off to the side and talked to him about what Otis said.  Kodi said that this was a lie and that he did not know where that had came from.  Kodi also said that he will take official visits to Arkansas and Auburn during the season and will probably not a make a decision until after the season.  I asked Kodi if I could tell the guys on Hogville this and he said "Yes, I want them to know the truth".  There is your answer straight from the man himself.

Thanks for the report.  Kodi seems like a good kid.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Flatline

He is a good kid that is very upset that Otis would say this.  I could tell by his body language and facial expressions when I brought it up.

Atreyu

Forgive me for being dumb, but what did Otis say?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

hog caller

it hard when you have to fill up somuch space with nothing to say of value so just start a rumor.

Flatline

August 24, 2006, 09:05:16 pm #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:44:42 pm by MLH
Otis said that Kodi was not going to Arkansas because of the way they treat black QB's.

Let me correct this Otis did say that Auburn was using this tactic but that Kodi was buying it.  Does that sound better.

Hollywood_HOGan

Otis is a pure idiot. One of our biggest obstacles in recruiting the best football players in the USA.

Kodi does seem like a good kid from what Ive read and heard.

Hope we are lucky enough to get his sig in Feb despit that bufoon Otis.

Oliverhogman

Wouldn't it be "Special" if Kodi would call in and ask Otis to repeat what he said?  Then tell him on the radio air waves that Otis is a liar. 

That is "IF" this thread is legit.

RAZ FAN

Sounds like a good young man. Hope we can sign him. And that he looks at the program and school not the reporters. Go Hogs

Richard_white

Anyway we can ship Otis wherever the Murray St Mafia goes?

Flatline

August 24, 2006, 09:09:21 pm #10 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:11:08 pm by MLH
It is and you can asked Scott Faldon if you don't believe me.  I was a volunteer coach at Northside and know everyone of those kids very well.

hogfan13

SPAL

GuvHog

I understood Otis to say that's what Auburn was telling Kodi. Who knows, I could've heard him wrong.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

northsideHog03

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:05:16 pm
Otis said that Kodi was not going to Arkansas because of the way they treat black QB's.

You made it so blunt.  It's not even the way it went.  Otis said the coaches at Auburn is playing the race card.  He said the Auburn coaches told Kodi how they treated RJ and how Jason Campbell turned out there.  Didn't know any truth to this, but that's what Otis said.

WilsonHog

I would be surprised if Otis thought of that angle himself.

The Recruiting Guy

I hope to talk to Kodi in the near future.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 08:58:32 pm

Thanks for the information, MLH.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HogHeathen

Otis needs to find a new profession.

GuvHog

Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 24, 2006, 09:28:58 pm

You made it so blunt.  It's not even the way it went.  Otis said the coaches at Auburn is playing the race card.  He said the Auburn coaches told Kodi how they treated RJ and how Jason Campbell turned out there.  Didn't know any truth to this, but that's what Otis said.

If NorthsideHog03 is correct, MLH should make sure his info is correct before talking to
Kodi. Misinformation can do serious damage.

Flatline

You see the problem is that what I said up top is how Kodi took it.  That is why he is upset. 

TRG     I am sorry that I jumped the gun on you.  I asked him if he had spoken to anyone about it today before we got into a conversation. 

I also told Kodi this.  I told him to do what is best for Kodi Burns and no one else.  I told him that I would love to see him play for the Razorbacks but would understand if he decided to go to Auburn.  I then told him that if he did that I hoped that the Hogs would take his head off when we played him.  We had a good laugh. 

Thanks for the Smite.  Just telling the freaking truth.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 24, 2006, 09:35:16 pm
Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 24, 2006, 09:28:58 pm

If NorthsideHog03 is correct, MLH should make sure his info is correct before talking to
Kodi. Misinformation can do serious damage.

MLH is legit and someone I trust.

Flatline

Let me correct this Otis did say that Auburn was using this tactic but that Kodi was buying it.  Does that sound better.

GuvHog

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:36:16 pm
You see the problem is that what I said up top is how Kodi took it.  That is why he is upset. 

TRG     I am sorry that I jumped the gun on you.  I asked him if he had spoken to anyone about it today before we got into a conversation. 

I also told Kodi this.  I told him to do what is best for Kodi Burns and no one else.  I told him that I would love to see him play for the Razorbacks but would understand if he decided to go to Auburn.  I then told him that if he did that I hoped that the Hogs would take his head off when we played him.  We had a good laugh. 

Thanks for the Smite.  Just telling the freaking truth.

Thanks.

GuvHog

August 24, 2006, 09:47:24 pm #24 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:49:10 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:43:43 pm

Then Kodi shouldn't be offended at Otis, he should be offended that the Auburn people
would say that.

By the way, I was listening and Otis said Kodi Wasn't buying it.

Tejano Jawg

August 24, 2006, 09:47:36 pm #25 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:51:14 pm by Tejano Jawg
This comment is more suited for earlier threads on this subject...but it's ludicrous to think UA has any issues playing, or starting, black quarterbacks. Arkansas coaches, I think, have always been fair...where color was no factor whatsoever. Especially now.

Our history: RJ was the chosen starter for over half of last season. Robert Reed (is that the right name?) was the starter to open the 95 season...until Barry Lunney took over and had a great senior season. But no one ever beat Greg Thomas or the great Quinn Grovey out of their starting jobs. Plenty more had their shot. Suck on that Auburn.

This is madness. But good report MLH.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Factual Fiction

What movie is the from? "Otis, my man!"

Oklahawg

There is a correlation between the average hog fan's thoughts on HDN and their thoughts on Otis. Those wanting HDN gone want Otis gone also. I suspect that if the former exits the latter is stuffed in a steamer trunk and tossed in the cargo hold of the plane hauling the Nuttster away.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Flatline

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 24, 2006, 09:47:24 pm

Then Kodi shouldn't be offended at Otis, he should be offended that the Auburn people
would say that.

Kodi said that none of this is true.  Auburn has not tried this tactic and he would not ever think that Arkansas is against black QB's.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

What would it be like to be GuvHog for one day.....? Hmmmm.... 

"The sky is always blue, we will always win, everyone is great, there are no problems, Nutt will win the NC, we will all win the lottery, today someone will find a cure for death, what are all those strange voices in my head?"

'Til one day reality sits in and all that bottled up "serenity now" explodes and he goes postal...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Factual Fiction

Maybe Otis was talking about the golf team.............

GuvHog

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 09:51:00 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 24, 2006, 09:47:24 pm

would say that.

Kodi said that none of this is true.  Auburn has not tried this tactic and he would not ever think that Arkansas is against black QB's.

Hey, I was just quoting Otis. I didn't say it was true.

Flatline

August 24, 2006, 10:00:50 pm #32 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:52:02 pm by MLH
 :)

thahawg

Thanks MLH, I appreciate the info very much!

Richard_white

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 10:00:50 pm
Don't worry about this post.  I have had two people smite me for giving you information that is true.  I will not post anything about Kodi to anyone on this board again.  I can not believe how some people act.

The only reason I see why poster would smite ya only because your talking about good ole Otis and Nutt supporters don't like it.  +1 for your info

GuvHog

Don't worry about this post.  I have had two people smite me for giving you information that is true.  I will not post anything about Kodi to anyone on this board again.  I can not believe how some people act.

Thanks for the Info, I'm not one of those who smited you.

jdhoover

Otis is a reporter and report what he hears.  Sometimes I think he doesn't get enough sources, but when you deal with recruiting, most of this is just rumors anyway.  I honestly believe Otis was told that Auburn was trying to play the race card and honestlly believe him when HE said Kodi wasn't biting.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

Kilgor

I gave you a +1 because it seems to make you happy, but do smites really matter? ???
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Porkahontas

Yet ANOTHER reason to get rid of this ridiculous karma crap. Someone who has some real information says they won't post again because they got -2'ed.

I don't know what's worse, the man who started this post even noticing his karma thing changed or that someone would go through the trouble of clicking that little button under his name to manipulate the deal.

+1 for the man who took the deal off to begin with, and -1 to the person who brought it back.

Feralhog

Quote from: jdhoover on August 24, 2006, 10:09:30 pm
Otis is a reporter and report what he hears.  Sometimes I think he doesn't get enough sources, but when you deal with recruiting, most of this is just rumors anyway.  I honestly believe Otis was told that Auburn was trying to play the race card and honestlly believe him when HE said Kodi wasn't biting.

I don't think there's any doubt that Otis was told this.  The question is, who told him and why, when obviously it's BS!?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Richard_white

August 24, 2006, 10:12:34 pm #40 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:19:07 pm by Richard_white
I guess being a reporter you need to trust your source before putting your credibility on the line.  I am not a reporter but wouldn't you want to do more background before releasing it for the readers?

CiriusPorker

Quote from: jdhoover on August 24, 2006, 10:09:30 pm

My feeling on Otis is that he knows very little about sports reporting.  I know I may get slammed for that one.  I know mikeirwin may disagree.  I've been listening to him on SportsRap lately and it's painfully obvious how little he knows about a)talking on the radio and b) making logical analytical thought about the sports he attempts to report.

Oliverhogman

MLH,
Don't worry so much about getting smited.

KEEP POSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Porkleone

Who cares about the smites...if you have relevant info (like I believe you posted here) post it!
Thanks!!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HedgeDweller

Now wait a minute, I'm not defending Otis here, but is that what OTIS thought and said, or was he just reporting what he heard AUBURN was saying?  Either way, it's a lie, but is it OTIS'S lie or whoever told him that.  And I certainly wouldn't put it past someone at AU to say some crap like that....

Jim Harris

Quote from: HogHeathen on August 24, 2006, 09:30:53 pm
Otis needs to find a new profession.

actually, the person who told Otis or got the message to Otis that he needed to put this out there is the one that needs to find a new profession, or at least a new job away from Fayetteville.

Don't forget folks that Wally Hall also wrote it in his column Sunday before last. He didn't just make this up, he was told by someone. It wasn't the Burns family.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Feralhog

Come on people.  If this didn't come from the Burns family, who the hell else could it be?  Otis may be a toadie but he ain't stupid.  He wouldn't pass this type of info along if it didn't come from someone that he thinks is pretty damn reliable.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Flatline

I am not an insider and don't try to be a big person that breaks stories.  I notice that everyone went crazy the other day when this came out.  I figure that when someone smites me they are calling me a liar.  I have issues with that.  I just want people to calm down and let Kodi breath a little.  I am sorry that I got upset and yes I pay attention to the karma.  To me the karma has a lot to do with the person personality on this site.  I take this site very seriously.

Richard_white

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 10:20:07 pm
I take this site very seriously.

So true. Something we all should do.

Lanny

Quote from: MLH on August 24, 2006, 10:20:07 pm
I am not an insider and don't try to be a big person that breaks stories.  I notice that everyone went crazy the other day when this came out.  I figure that when someone smites me they are calling me a liar.  I have issues with that.  I just want people to calm down and let Kodi breath a little.  I am sorry that I got upset and yes I pay attention to the karma.  To me the karma has a lot to do with the person personality on this site.  I take this site very seriously.

Don't take the Karma personally or this site.  This is a fan message board
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy