Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trojan Fan back looking to chat about game

Started by Trojanfan55, August 24, 2006, 06:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pikehog

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:28:34 am
I agree, look at my comments on this chat.  I think the final score will be around 28-17.  Is McFadden definitely out for the game?

I mean I don't know!!!!!

pikehog

I agree, look at my comments on this chat.  I think the final score will be around 28-17.  Is McFadden definitely out for the game?

You didn't really think we would tell you did you? After all the first rule of super secret inside info razorback message board is that you don't talk about super secret inside info razoerback message board.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: pikehog on August 25, 2006, 11:34:27 am

I mean I don't know!!!!!

That's best answer I've heard yet
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Trojanfan55

Spivey,

Sanchez has a better arm but less experience with this offense.  I really think he is more suited for the position and will be a better quarterback in teh future.  My only question is whether he is smart enough to pick up the defense.  Similar situation to you guys, MM will be a better quarterback than Johnson but is he ready?

pikehog

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:36:22 am
Spivey,

Sanchez has a better arm but less experience with this offense.  I really think he is more suited for the position and will be a better quarterback in teh future.  My only question is whether he is smart enough to pick up the defense.  Similar situation to you guys, MM will be a better quarterback than Johnson but is he ready?

HDN says he is so it must be true.

Trojanfan55

HOg,

YOu are correct, I think the defense is having a tough time because of a couple of reasons:

1.  We have a couple of studs out (Lawrence Jackson to begin with); and
2.  We are experimenting with a new 3-4 alignment.

Honestly, I am more concerned with our pass defense.  Three new starters in the secondary.  Our front seven will hold their own in the game in my opinion especially with McFadden out.

HogHillbilly

Trojanfan55

Gotta, my mistake.  How do you think you guys will do with the new offense?  I know it will eventually be better than what you had but are you ready?  Honestly, you guys were very predictable last year on offense, some calls I did not understand like 3 and 6, run up the middle that did not work all game.

HogHillbilly

What about the rumor that PC is bringing the players out here on Tuesday or Wednesday to get them acclimated to the humidity because he is concerned about their endurence during the game ?

Trojanfan55

Yeah, I read this morning that they are going to practice tomorrow then take Sunday off and then travel to Arkansas.  I think PC is concerned because we have a lot of freshman that will be playing.  It is a new team with a lot of young players. 

Trojanfan55

15 minutes then I have to jump into a meeting...any questions or comments about the game?

aspivey

3 and 6 and run up the middle. That was our specialty play last year. It was Houston's favorite. That one and 3 and 8 and throw a 2 yard pass.
The Great Dale Divider

Trojanfan55

Spivey,

So, you have to be excited about Gus, correct?  My question is how do you think your offense will do in its first game?  Honest assessment.

HoopS

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:43:30 am
Gotta, my mistake.  How do you think you guys will do with the new offense?  I know it will eventually be better than what you had but are you ready?  Honestly, you guys were very predictable last year on offense, some calls I did not understand like 3 and 6, run up the middle that did not work all game.

we've thought this for years, my friend. 

HogHillbilly

I think I asked this last time............Has PC made any comments on the Hogs at all ?

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:49:43 am
Spivey,

So, you have to be excited about Gus, correct?  My question is how do you think your offense will do in its first game?  Honest assessment.

I think you will see a 60 - 40 run pass this time........Instead of 90 - 10 up the middle like last time........We have some GREAT receivers waiting on this one............And of course some secret squirrell plays

Trojanfan55

Hog,

YOu are not going to like my answer but no comments from what I have read.  But like I said before, he usually does not make comments about other teams.  That is his MO.  He beleives taht his team gets more competition in practice than in the game.  Call it arrogance or whatever but he sets teh practice up like games.  He makes his players compete in practice for playing time.  He will sit a 5th year senior over a true freshman if the freshman out performs the senior.  That is what has attracted a lot of kids to the program.  They know that if they are good enough they will play.  Winning also helps.

aspivey

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 11:52:37 am
Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:49:43 am
Spivey,

I think you will see a 60 - 40 run pass this time........Instead of 90 - 10 up the middle like last time........We have some GREAT receivers waiting on this one............And of course some secret squirrell plays
Couldn't have said it better myself Hillbilly. I totally agree.
The Great Dale Divider

Trojanfan55

Yeah, Monk scares me.  You guys did not use him enough last year but I guess we also doubled teamed him a lot.  Johnson will have some open receivers due to inexperience, can he get the ball to them is the question.  How has he looked in practice?  Honestly, I would be very nervous if MM was a sophomore with a year experience.

HoopS

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:55:31 am
Yeah, Monk scares me.  You guys did not use him enough last year but I guess we also doubled teamed him a lot.  Johnson will have some open receivers due to inexperience, can he get the ball to them is the question.  How has he looked in practice?  Honestly, I would be very nervous if MM was a sophomore with a year experience.

good question about Robert Johnson.  Word is, he looked good in practice.  The problem for many here is that he looked good in practice last year.  He started off ok against USC but at some point, was hit hard and many believe he never was the same after that.  Mitch will get his chance soon enough.... when?  We would all like to know.

HogHillbilly

The rumor is that Johnson has become deadly up to 20 or 30 yards..........The long ball however is a different story............MM has a deadly long ball, but is still learning the short game with the speed he needs.........Give him time in the pocket, and he will kill a defense

Trojanfan55

Yeah, i think MM starts by the middle of the year.  Too much talent and too familiar with the offense.  Don't you agree?

Trojanfan55

NOt good.  My secondary scares me.  Johnson could have a field day.  I really think you need the pass to set up the run rather than the other way around.

Trojanfan55

Gotta to go.  Take care and I will talk with you all later. 

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 12:00:39 pm
Yeah, i think MM starts by the middle of the year.  Too much talent and too familiar with the offense.  Don't you agree?

Oh yeah....................And unless RoJo is killing yall..............You will probably see MM in that game at some point

AFWarrior83

I just want the Hogs to upset USC so bad, so I can watch the ESPN analists cry about how they were wrong on TV!
Hogville member since 2005.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on August 25, 2006, 12:05:20 pm
I just want the Hogs to upset USC so bad, so I can watch the ESPN analists cry about how they were wrong on TV!

+1 for you................I agree.........I want to hear all the excuses of all those people who said the Hogs didn't have a chance........

AFWarrior83

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 12:07:21 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on August 25, 2006, 12:05:20 pm

+1 for you................I agree.........I want to hear all the excuses of all those people who said the Hogs didn't have a chance........

The season has not even started, and they are already predicting USC and Texas to go undefeated and playing in the NC game again! Made me sick, and I just thought to my self, lord please let the Hogs stomp a mud-hole off in the condems arse! It's time Razorback nation has something to cheer about again, the past 5-10 years Football and Basketball have been horrible!
Hogville member since 2005.

GuvHog

Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 11:59:45 am
The rumor is that Johnson has become deadly up to 20 or 30 yards..........The long ball however is a different story............MM has a deadly long ball, but is still learning the short game with the speed he needs.........Give him time in the pocket, and he will kill a defense

One major difference between MM and RJ is this: What happens when all recievers are covered?

MM gives you 2 choices: 1. throw the ball away  2. Take a sack.

RJ gives you 3 choices: 1. throw the ball away.  2. Take a sack. 3. If he gets a couple of blocks
is capable of tucking the ball and making something out of nothing with his speed.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogHillbilly

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 12:13:51 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 11:59:45 am

One major difference between MM and RJ is this: What happens when all recievers are covered?

MM gives you 2 choices: 1. throw the ball away  2. Take a sack.

RJ gives you 3 choices: 1. throw the ball away.  2. Take a sack. 3. If he gets a couple of blocks
is capable of tucking the ball and making something out of nothing with his speed.

I agree............Just hope that Alex has been teaching him this

pikehog

hog caller

i'm excited 7 days and a wake up. r u ready,  get er done, lay some wood on someone. make him look back to see who hit him.the force is with you. GO Hogs

Biggus Piggus

The coaching matchup here is really rough, Nutt vs. Carroll.  Pete Carroll is just so darned experienced.  His offensive coordinator, Lane Kiffin, has good bloodlines (Monte Kiffin used to coach under Frank Broyles), but this is his second season as a coordinator, he's very young to be a coordinator, and he has to replace Leinart, Bush and White.  And a monster offensive tackle IIRC.

There's the potential for Kiffin to miscalculate, and Carroll's a defensive guy so he can't help much on that end.  It'll be interesting to see how Kiffin reacts if some of the new USC starters cough up turnovers.

It's hard to believe the Trojans offense will be 1/2 as effective without the timing of Leinart and the incredible defense-stretching ability of Bush.  You're without it, period, only be a pale facsimile of it.  Even as a sophomore Leinart threw for 38 TDs, with three backs behind him who ran for 5 yards a carry or better.

I'm sure USC has great receivers, just not sure about the QB being half of what Leinart was.  Plus you have three new Oline starters.  They may be good, but lines usually don't start as well as they finish.  If the Hogs can take away the run part of the time, the game will be interesting.

I just don't believe in our ability to move the ball against the USC defense.  We averaged 4 yards a play last year (vs. 5.3 in the rest of our games) against a less talented Trojans D that had a lot of injuries too.  Our offense would be improved fer shur by midseason, but with the first game of a new coordinator + McFadden out + some true freshmen playing, it's hard to expect prime performance.  Some imaginative fans like to remember us moving the ball against USC, but all around we sucked.

This year we're supposed to throw the ball better, but man I wish we were playing this game in week three.  McFadden would have had a nice run/catch role in the offense, and RJ's supposed to establish his rebuilt confidence against a team like USC?  Aargh.

It's going to be a great soap opera on the Arkansas sidelines, watching who's calling plays and how well it goes.  This is the patented instance where Houston Nutt would play shell-game offense and wait for mistakes.  If that happens early in this game, you'll hear 70,000 boos ringing through the Ozarks.  And I'm not sure that would be the right reaction.  It's the predictable one.
[CENSORED]!

Trojanfan55

Who's making the offensive play calls on saturday?  Gus or Nutt?

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: Izual65 on August 24, 2006, 06:35:03 pm
Yup, Johnson vs booty. Coulda been Dick vs booty though, but our Johnson will do just fine. Pun intended.
We have  a dick,a johnson, and 2 nutts...how can we lose?

Trojanfan55

Im back for about another hour, let's chat.  What do you guys think about the game.  We're excited in LA.

Trojanfan55

No Hog fans want to chat?  Will McFadden play on Saturday?

cmh_hog

Dude, I am so excited about this game I really seriously dont think I am going to make it the next 8 days, the anticipation is killing me. Truly, havent done crap at work but read news and its all I talk about with the wife, I think she is about ready to kill me and the season hasnt started yet.

8 more days

cmh_hog

DMAC wont play on Saturday, no way.

If he does step on the field it will only be as a decoy... Lucky for you guys.. hehe

Trojanfan55

So am I!  This is the second time today that I have logged on to your chat.  Too much smack talking on the SC chat rooms for me.  Bandwagon jumpers all over the place in LA.  Are you goign to the game?

Skip Foreplay

D mac will likely be out for another 3weeks from everything I've heard. just hurting too bad to be a factor.

Trojanfan55

How mad are you guys about the whole bar fight situation?  How did it happen?

cmh_hog

Hell yeah, had season tickets for the past 12 years.

I think from your other posts you are going to be there, right before the kickoff they are doing a flyover with 3-4 F16's, last time I saw that was Texas in 05 IIRC and it was the most amazing thing ever. Should get everyone in the stadium totally pumped up!

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 04:56:11 pm
So am I!  This is the second time today that I have logged on to your chat.  Too much smack talking on the SC chat rooms for me.  Bandwagon jumpers all over the place in LA.  Are you goign to the game?
I'll chat , go to the chat room

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pig in a Poke on August 25, 2006, 04:42:53 pm
Quote from: Izual65 on August 24, 2006, 06:35:03 pm
Yup, Johnson vs booty. Coulda been Dick vs booty though, but our Johnson will do just fine. Pun intended.
We have  a dick,a johnson, and 2 nutts...how can we lose?
Sounds like an evolutionary abnormality to me.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HoopS

I have to confess, I'm going and I bought my tix thru the SC ticket office.   I'm in section 510.  Are you going 55?

Any other Hogs in second 510? 

Trojanfan55

CMH,

Sounds awesome.  No, I am not going to be there, Labor day weekend is tough...family before SC but taht is the only thing.  Good to see long time fans no matter what team.

Trojanfan55

Going to chat room with pig in a poke, welcome others to chat about the game

cmh_hog

I'm not mad, just disappointed in DMAC that he would put himself or, let his freakin brother, put him in that situation. The day the news came out was like "am i really reading this" type thing. It was almost shock for the first day. Still cant believe it....