Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trojan Fan back looking to chat about game

Started by Trojanfan55, August 24, 2006, 06:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojanfan55

Im sitting with my daughters, they can't believe that I am chatting with Arkansas fans.  Show them the love from Arkansas, give them a woo piiig sooie.

doo-ran

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 06:30:32 pm
Im sitting with my daughters, they can't believe that I am chatting with Arkansas fans.  Show them the love from Arkansas, give them a woo piiig sooie.
Woo PIG Sooie!

doo-ran

doo-ran

Trojanfan55

Thanks for the love.  My daughter wants to know, what is your prediction?  8 days and counting.

doo-ran

PorkSoda

August 25, 2006, 06:36:18 pm #106 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:38:53 pm by PowderHawg
Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 12:15:08 pm
Quote from: GUVHOG on August 25, 2006, 12:13:51 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on August 25, 2006, 11:59:45 am
The rumor is that Johnson has become deadly up to 20 or 30 yards..........The long ball however is a different story............MM has a deadly long ball, but is still learning the short game with the speed he needs.........Give him time in the pocket, and he will kill a defense

One major difference between MM and RJ is this: What happens when all recievers are covered?

MM gives you 2 choices: 1. throw the ball away  2. Take a sack.

RJ gives you 3 choices: 1. throw the ball away.  2. Take a sack. 3. If he gets a couple of blocks
is capable of tucking the ball and making something out of nothing with his speed.

I agree............Just hope that Alex has been teaching him this
Hopefully they can teach him what to do, because last year when the recievers were covered he

A: threw the ball away...down the sideline to be intercepted

B:  Ran backwards like he was running for his life only to be tackled 10-15 yards behind where he would have been if he would have taken the sack.

We can only pray that Wood can teach him what he is supposed to do in such a situation.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Trojanfan55

Agreed but cannot actually believe that Johsnon throws the ball better than MM.

doo-ran

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 06:34:46 pm
Thanks for the love.  My daughter wants to know, what is your prediction?  8 days and counting.
Gosh, I honestly don't know...Of course I hope we win but I would either hope we get blown away completely or win by at least 1. A loss like we had against Texas in 2004 would stink. Also, I don't want to see stupid mistakes. In the Texas game we scored two of their points on that darn safety!

Trojanfan55

I have said it before and I will say it again, throw the ball first than set up the run.  It will be tough to run on our front seven

doo-ran

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 06:40:22 pm
I have said it before and I will say it again, throw the ball first than set up the run.  It will be tough to run on our front seven
Oh I agree, throw first then run. The problem is that the only thing we have thrown lately are the games! Did you know we lost something like 4 games by a total of 13 points last year? We can't kick our way out of a wet paper bag! It's not the players it has been the "nut" on the sideline. We have been just too darn predictable...I swear, it's become a chant around here...Up the middle, Up the middle, Passsss, Punt!!! Up the middle, up the middle, Passsssss, Punt!!! and so on.
Of course, losing those games by such a small margin can be attributed to a defense which improved each week.