Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trojan Fan back looking to chat about game

Started by Trojanfan55, August 24, 2006, 06:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojanfan55

Looks like Chauncey Washington will not be starting against you guys.

Izual65

Yeah well I'll tell you what, wouldn't it be great if both of our starting running backs were healthy?

Trojanfan55

Lucky for you guys, one of our true Freshman.  Probably CJ Gable.  How is your quarterback situation coming along, still Johnson as the starter?

Trojanfan55

Izual,

Not really, I would give up Washington for McFadden being out as well.  McFadden is a proven stud whereas Washington has not done anythign yet.

CDubyaP

I doubt that is a serious problem for your guys trojan....you simply say, "Next!".

We would take a our deep snapper and plug him into the RB position.

razorrichard

Izual65

Yup, Johnson vs booty. Coulda been Dick vs booty though, but our Johnson will do just fine. Pun intended.

Trojanfan55

Cdubya,

I would guess that some of our freshman will be better than Washington eventually but they are still true freshman.  Can you say fumble?

bigred7987

Trojanfan55

NOt coming to the game unfortunately.  Labor day weekend is tough for me to get away.  I must say that last year you guys were very respectful fans.  I actually tailgated with some of you at the UCLA game before our game.  Double header, you got to love it!

Trojanfan55

Bigred,

I read the same thing this morning.  I don't understand as well.  I can tell you that CJ Gable and Allen Bradford have been doing a great job on our first string defense recently.  I think Stafon did something to upset PC.  Great question.

marshog

Hey Trojanfan55,
So we are now on year 2 without Chow as OC,  do you feel your offense might take a step back?  Im assuming that last year since you had the core together under chow for 2-4 yrs its not the set back year.  Have you seen what happened to BYU after Chow's 2nd year of departure?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

You know, Trojan, we have a great chat room if you really want to chat.  It can get pretty crazy in there, but it is a lot of fun.

Usually later at night is the best time.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

trufanofhogs

Did you realize that USC has never faced an Arkansas team that won more than 6 games, and Arkansas has never faced an SC team that won fewer than 10?

Trojanfan55

Sorry,

I'm back.  Marshog, I got to tell you that even though our offense was great last year I still saw a major difference without Chow.  Case in point, fourth and one against Texas.  We don't have Bush in the game even as a decoy?  Does not make sense.  We will see with the new quarterback.  Chow is so good at developing players.  Time will tell.

Trojanfan55

Trojanfan55

I don't get it?  Almost a week away to the game and you guys don't want to chat to a Trojan fan!  I heard McFadden is definitely out for the game.  Is that true?

gwddog

back 2 back 2 back

Trojanfan55

It will be interesting to see.  We changed our defensive alignment from a 4-3 to a 3-4.  You guys will be our first test, I expect some holes on defense but we have studs at linebacker.

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 24, 2006, 06:54:50 pm
Not,

Where and when should I be chatting?

We can get a chat going, say around 8 CST...which would be 6 yours...I think..

or 9 CST, whatever you prefer
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

marshog

chat link is on the top nav bar,  password is Wooooooo!

Trojanfan55

Usually a good time for me but tonight I have a softball game.  I just read that your linebacker is on the Butkus watch list.  Must be a tough guy for only being 5'9".  How many tackles did he have last year?

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PiggoBitttys

Olajubutu (or 'Butu for short) had 110 tackles last season, led the SEC I believe.

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on August 24, 2006, 07:21:57 pm
Olajubutu (or 'Butu for short) had 110 tackles last season, led the SEC I believe.

But his most impressive tackle came earlier this Spring....

Ouch.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 24, 2006, 07:23:07 pm

Ouch.

No doubt...

It was a shot heard all the way into fall.

Bacon out...

jman

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 24, 2006, 06:35:32 pm
Cdubya,

I would guess that some of our freshman will be better than Washington eventually but they are still true freshman.  Can you say fumble?
Trojan, can you say Houston Nutt?  The biggest fumble of all!

Corganist

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 24, 2006, 06:35:32 pm
Cdubya,

Freshmen backs don't necessarily have to fumble more than anyone else, and they can most definitely make an impact early. Last year Arkansas didn't play their talented true freshman RBs much in a couple early season games because of fears that they'd fumble, and it (probably) ended up costing the team at least one win. Sometimes you'll be surprised at what freshmen can do when you give them the chance.

But that said, I surely would not mind if the young Trojan backs got a case of freshman fumblitis instead of them coming out to be the next freshman superstars like Felix Jones and Darren McFadden were for Arkansas last year.

ColinRagan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 24, 2006, 07:34:55 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 24, 2006, 07:23:07 pm

Ouch.

No doubt...

It was a shot heard all the way into fall.

Bacon out...

Yeah and he said he eased up on Dick

HoopS

Porkerpower

Hey trojanfan, how do you feel the game will go offensively for you guys?  Do you ecpect to see power running as the game plan, then mixing in some passes?  Or do you think it will be more like last year, throwing it 75% of the time?

Trojanfan55

I am back to chat.  To answer the question, I think we throw more because we have proven receivers (Jarrett and Smith).  Our starting tailback will be a true freshman, probably CJ Gable, Allen Bradford has an outside chance.  Both are true freshman so I expect a lot of mistakes...fumbles scare me.  How will your secondary hold up to Jarrett?

Lanny

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 24, 2006, 06:36:53 pm
NOt coming to the game unfortunately.  Labor day weekend is tough for me to get away.  I must say that last year you guys were very respectful fans.  I actually tailgated with some of you at the UCLA game before our game.  Double header, you got to love it!

I went to both games last year.  I enjoyed the UCLA game, didn't care much for watching the Razorbacks lose 70-17.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Trojanfan55

No Hog fan wants to chat about the game?  8 Days and counting down, is anyone as excited as me?

Trojanfan55

HSV,

I went to both games as well.  I parked on the golf course next to some Hog fans.  They had a razorback logo on the side of the driver door, was that you?  I know you did not like the SC score but what a great day!  Two college football games on the same day.

SultanofSwine

How much pressure have your QB's faced in scrimmages? In other words how well is the OL protecting vs. the straight rush and against blitz's?

Lanny

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:20:39 am
HSV,

I went to both games as well.  I parked on the golf course next to some Hog fans.  They had a razorback logo on the side of the driver door, was that you?  I know you did not like the SC score but what a great day!  Two college football games on the same day.

We were on the golf course too.  It was a great day to watch two college football games.  Hot as hell too

Al Bundy

Trojanfan55

We have three new starters on the Oline, they all have game experience but they were backups last year.  OUr stud on the Dline has been hurt (Lojack) so we have been experimenting with a 3-4 lineup.  QB's have been pressured and have not preformed well until Sunday's scrimmage

Trojanfan55

HSV,

I must say that you guys were very nice, hope we return the same regardless of the outcome.

Lanny

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:23:48 am
HSV,

I must say that you guys were very nice, hope we return the same regardless of the outcome.

ha, we had nothing to say, the Razorbacks had their asses handed to them.

This will be a different game, this isn't the same Arkansas team you saw last year.

Al Bundy

SultanofSwine

It would certainly help if we could get pressure without having to wholesale blitz. How well did the coverage units play in the last scrimmage? I seem to remember that they had been giving up some pretty big returns. Eventhough I expect them to kick away from Jones, it would be nice to have the opp for decent field position every once in a while.

Trojanfan55

I agree, look at my comments on this chat.  I think the final score will be around 28-17.  Is McFadden definitely out for the game?

Trojanfan55

We have a new punter, new return guy.  I cannot comment on our special teams but I will say that we have some HS studs returning kicks in scrimmage.  One guy ran a 10.3 100 yards dash in HS.

aspivey

Hey Trojan,

If Booty goes down, then what has Sanchez got to bring to the table.
The Great Dale Divider

HogHillbilly

We read this morning on one of yalls boards, that your defense isn't doing to well stopping the run this fall.............What do you think ?
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

pikehog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 24, 2006, 06:47:34 pm
You know, Trojan, we have a great chat room if you really want to chat.  It can get pretty crazy in there, but it is a lot of fun.

Usually later at night is the best time.

That's because later here is miller time there.

pikehog

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:28:34 am
I agree, look at my comments on this chat.  I think the final score will be around 28-17.  Is McFadden definitely out for the game?

Yes

pikehog

Quote from: Trojanfan55 on August 25, 2006, 11:28:34 am

I mean no!!!!