Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How good is Booty?

Started by hogfan1, August 23, 2006, 01:52:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

werehog

Radovich is probably going to be the left guard.

werehog

August 24, 2006, 03:14:38 am #51 Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:42:35 am by werehog
Let's put this way -- USC has four very good quarterbacks. John David Booty was the Mitch Mustain of his day. Like RoJo, he is a red shirt junior, but any similarity ends there. The second string quarterback is Mark Sanchez and many Trojan observers think he will be the best ever at QBU. Sanchez is a red shirt freshman. Mike MacDonald is a red shirt soph and a walk on. He could start for many D1 teams. Garrett Green is a true frosh from Sherman Oaks Notre Dame. Green, a rare three start recruit at USC, has looked like a five start recruit in fall practice. The Trojans have a verbal from Aaron Korp, a five star recruit from Orange County Lutheran and they have a verbal from another four star recruit. They also have verbals from Marc Tyler, the top running back prospect in the 2007 class) and Mark Gallipo, the top lineback in the 2007 class. That pretty much defines USC football and its prospects from many years to come.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: werehog on August 24, 2006, 03:14:38 am
Let's put this way -- USC has four very good quarterbacks. John David Booty was the Mitch Mustain of his day. Like RoJo, he is a red shirt junior, but any similarity ends there. The second string quarterback is Mark Sanchez and many Trojan observers think he will be the best ever at QBU. Sanchez is a red shirt freshman. Mike MacDonald is a red shirt soph and a walk on. He could start for many D1 teams. Garrett Green is a true frosh from Sherman Oaks Notre Dame. Green, a rare three start recruit at USC, has looked like a five start recruit in fall practice. The Trojans have a verbal from Aaron Korp, a five star recruit from Orange County Lutheran and they have a verbal from another four star recruit. They also have verbals from Marc Tyler, the top running back prospect in the 2007 class) and Mark Gallipo, the top lineback in the 2007 class. That pretty much defines USC football and its prospect from many years to come.

Is USC both TBU and QBU now?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pork Twain

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 23, 2006, 03:43:38 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on August 23, 2006, 03:09:26 pm
He was at least as heralded as Mustain out of highschool and he has been a back-up in the most successful system in college football for four years.  I'd rather be in their shoes than ours.
at least? did he take the triple crown on NPOY awards? if you check rivals, he is listed as an urrated. dont get stars in your eyes, USC is not superhuman! i hope are players arent as chickensh@#t as some of us are. telling yourself how good they are and how much less you have than them is the quickest way to get ran off the field. we're just as good, just as fast, just as capable. respect USC, but let's quit bowing down to them.
Rivals is not current on Booty.  He was a 5***** out of High School.  That is a fact.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BattleHawg

Quote from: arkbengal on August 23, 2006, 02:50:51 pm
Dad (Johnny) played QB at Woodlawn High/Shreveport which was the HS of Terry Bradshaw and Joe Ferguson among others.

proud Woodlawn Knight Alum here... Class of '88

others include: Trey Prather(QB who many thought was better than Ferg or Bradshaw; he died during 'Nam war)

Robert Parrish(pro bask)
Fred Harris(pro fb)
Robert Pennywell(pro fb)
the list goes on and on, and Woodlawn is a school that is destroyed by retarded districting, gang wars, coaching merri-go-rounds, etc... or you'd hear their name more often in football.

they once dominated HS football in La.(60's-70's), especially in the north part of the state.  sad how some teams fall apart and never recover.

BH

BattleHawg

and btw, Booty is damn good.

I takein a few Evangel games a year and what I saw of him is no different than what one usually sees in ECA football players:

good athleticism, great coaching, incredible fan support, etc.

BH

HotRodHog

Let me answer the question this way: He will be able to make good throws to Smith and Jarrett, but not quite as well as ML. So, I guess the passing game will be about   about 80% of what it was last year. This, of course, is good for us. Also, he won't have Bush to throw to - thank goodness. USC does throw a lot of dumps and screens to all of their backs, and I would be curious to know if anyone has seen film on Booty making these type of passes. If so, how does he look making them?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

marshog

From my experience,  when Johnson goes against Booty,  Johnson gets dirty and Booty gets a little sore.  Johnson is the winner, but its not pretty. Same story for Dick vs Booty.

Trojanfan55

Booty has a stronger arm than Leinart but he also has a three quarter release.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Johnson's been inserted, our Dick is hurt and Nutt is behind him against Booty.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Tylerhog

Can we talk about Booty some more.

hawaiianhogster

Booty will be as good as we let him. Hopefully they all will suck.

hogman64

Quote from: 98Hog on August 23, 2006, 04:47:34 pm
Pete Carroll said he feels more comfortable going to Booty than he felt going to ML before he started, that should tell you something right there.  Just like any QB, we gotta make him un-comfortable!

I think he is going to suck and will be replaced during the game.................Of course I have no basis for saying that, just that someone needs to take the other side..........but I do really have a hunch he isnt going to have a great game.........

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Hawgon on August 23, 2006, 03:09:26 pm
He was at least as heralded as Mustain out of highschool and he has been a back-up in the most successful system in college football for four years.  I'd rather be in their shoes than ours.

I don't remember Booty being the Gadorade and Parade Player of the Year.

werehog

Booty won't suck, but if he does they'll put Mark Sanchez in the blink of an eye.Pete Carroll is a laid back sort of guy who wants alums and parents to come to USC practices. He is loyal, but he isn't sentimental. If Booty can't cut it, he'll be replaced To answer the question about is USC TB U as well as QB U, the answer is yes. There is a history of great running backs that dates back at least to the Jaguar John Arnette and C.R. Roberts days. In case the memory of this board needs jogging -- Sam "The Bam" Cunningham ran all over both Notre Dame and Alabama when both teams were supposedly at their peak. Then there is the Anthony Davis five touchdown day he had in the 55-24 beat down of Notre Dame. Then there is the USC athletic director (Mike Garrett) who bagged a Heisman.

Charles White, L. Allen and Reggie Bush were all Heisman Trophy winners Stafon Johnson and Grable are outstanding freshman backs. If they land both Mark Tyler, the No. 1 running back prospect on both Rivals and Scout plus Broderick Greenv-- it is Reggie Bush and LenDale White all over again. USC's real prizes are Gallipo from Orange County Servite -- he is the No. 1 ranked LB in this year's class plus Aaron Korp of Orange County Lutheran who is one of the top seven QBs in this year's class and many think he will be better than Jimmy Clausen.

That said they are replacing an enormous amount of talent (12 USC players went to the NFL) this year. This is their first game just like it is our first game. This is our best chance to beat them for the foreseeable future. I hope our guys aren't so sky high they make dumb mistakes. Our starting twenty-two have talent and yes that includes RoJo, but I hope HDN pulls him and puts in Mitch Mustain. Michigan's starting QB took over the Wolverines QBing as a true freshman and he has only gotten better. I would love to see us win, but if we don't it is not the end of the world. I believe we will have a surprising good year if we can keep our starters from getting hurt because we don't have the depth that a USC, Ohio State, Texas, OU or Florida does. Go Hogs Go!

Calling All Hogs

Reports are that Booty was limping yesterday in practice and had a sore butt. As I understand it, while this was a team
injury, it did not occur on the field. This has caused Pete Carroll to have his important position starters wear green jerseys
while taking showers in the locker room which means they cannot be tackled even if they drop the soap and bend over to
pick it up!  :D