Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns

Started by Hawgon, August 22, 2006, 10:30:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgon

Did Otis really say that Kodi Burns was waiting to see if we would play a black QB?  WTH?  Somebody needs to send Quinn Grovey to talk to that kid.  Our best QB of the last 3 decades was a Grovey.  WTH?  I am tired of this kind of Shiite.  Just go on and go somewhere else Kodi if you think it is going to come down to that.  If you come and you are good enough, you will start.

RhodeHog

You really think Grovey was the best from the last 30 years?  He was definately one of them.

CiriusPorker

..You really trust anything that comes out of Otis' mouth?

bigred7987

Sadly, Auburn has been playing that card very well that RoJo has been disciminated against here, and you could certainly make the case for that

Hawgon

Yeah, probably.  Almost as fast and elusive as Jones, but with a much better arm.  Definitely right there, close.

Porkatarian

Kodi has been hearing that from the Auburn coaches.  It's called negative recruiting.  They're telling him to look at Jason Campbell at Auburn, and then see how Arkansas threw their black QB under the bus last season (Rojo).

It's the spin being put out by the Auburn coaches, but the 17 year old's perception is his reality.

Porkatarian
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Feralhog

Quote from: bigred7987 on August 22, 2006, 10:34:19 pm
Sadly, Auburn has been playing that card very well that RoJo has been disciminated against here, and you could certainly make the case for that

Don't friken go there.  I'll Shiite can this thread
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hollywood_HOGan

Hopefully thats not true.

thats freakin ridiculous if it is true but it did come from Otis.

Hawgon

ROJO sucked and sucked badly last year.  End of story.  Black, white, purple it wouldn't have made a difference.

SquirrelMasterFunk

How they stuck with him for 7 games last year, and have named him the starter for the season opener.
There are a lot of things about HDN I don't like, but I don't think  he is a racists.
:razorback:
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Immensehog

It really does'nt matter.  Burns will play alot of positions if he plays at Arkansas, but it will not be QB.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

An old hog fanatic

August 22, 2006, 10:37:16 pm #11 Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 10:39:33 pm by mid-georgia-hogfan

Horse hockey!  Rojo didn't perform...period!!  I'm sick of this race card crap.  The kid stunk up the place but lost his job because of the color of his skin?  That just stinks...and NO you can't make a case that he was discriminated against.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Porkatarian on August 22, 2006, 10:34:53 pm
Kodi has been hearing that from the Auburn coaches.  It's called negative recruiting.  They're telling him to look at Jason Campbell at Auburn, and then see how Arkansas threw their black QB under the bus last season (Rojo).

It's the spin being put out by the Auburn coaches, but the 17 year old's perception is his reality.

Porkatarian

More reasons to hate Auburn. Trying to brainwash the kid. We gave RJ every chance in the world last year and guess freaking what? He's the starter this year too!!

how bout that!

I cant stand people playing the race card. If you're good enough, you'll play no matter what color your skin is.

Totally ridiculous.

HatfieldHog

If I am not mistaken, I think that we're gonna start a QB of Color on Sept. 2nd, aren't we?

That should say something!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Feralhog

Anyone claiming fans are unhappy with RJ starting because he's black, are just reaching for darn. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Feralhog on August 22, 2006, 10:39:27 pm
Anyone claiming fans are unhappy with RJ starting because he's black, are just reaching for Shiite. 

racial claims are only well backed up when equal competence has been demonstrated...that has not been the case..the dislike of rojo is a thing of competence.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Immensehog on August 22, 2006, 10:36:58 pm
It really does'nt matter.  Burns will play alot of positions if he plays at Arkansas, but it will not be QB.
WRONG! kodi is a QB and a dang good one. we need him here. he will be a great backup for the immediate future and a great starter in 4 or 5 years.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Feralhog on August 22, 2006, 10:39:27 pm
Anyone claiming fans are unhappy with RJ starting because he's black, are just reaching for Shiite. 

Unreal.
People in this state just about worship QUINN GROVY!!!! He is one of the best QBs in Razorback football history!!!

I swear some people...........

James K. Pork

Hope someone gets in touch with Kodi Burns and informs him that Auburn regularly pulled the plug on Jason Campbell in favor of Daniel Cobb before his senior season.

If anything, Tuberville delayed Campbell's progress.  Borges saved him.

northsideHog03

Auburn has been playing the race card with Kodi.  Immensehog, Kodi will be playing QB wherever he goes.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on August 22, 2006, 10:35:30 pm
Hopefully that's not true.

that's freakin ridiculous if it is true but it did come from Otis.

It is true and Otis got one right. SURPISED ?

Immensehog

Quote from: mbgrulz on August 22, 2006, 10:41:06 pm
It really does'nt matter.  Burns will play alot of positions if he plays at Arkansas, but it will not be QB.
WRONG! kodi is a QB and a dang good one. we need him here. he will be a great backup for the immediate future and a great starter in 4 or 5 years.

I agree he is a good QB.  But college rosters are filled with guys who were good  QB's in college, but play other postitions.  His height (5'9) is a major problem.

forrest city joe

Let me go on record right now. if kodi  burns said that then as far as i can he can go to Auburn. Arkansas does not have to apologize for the QB it plays. i could care less if the guy is black or green. race has nothing to do with this. im as black as RJ. and no one should give me anything because of my color.just ask former Auburn RB brandon jacobs the great auburn. if otis said this and it's true, we need to be looking at other HS QB's folks.

northsideHog03

Quote from: Immensehog on August 22, 2006, 10:44:50 pm

I agree he is a good QB.  But college rosters are filled with guys who were good  QB's in college, but play other postitions.  His height (5'9) is a major problem.

Kodi Burns is not 5'9.  I'm 5'10 and he's about 4 inches taller than I am.

HatfieldHog

Does anyone know what Kodi's High School coach is telling him about this
situation?

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

northsideHog03

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 22, 2006, 10:45:08 pm
                                  Let me go on record right now. if kodi  burns said that then as far as i can he can go to Auburn. Arkansas does not have to apologize for the QB it plays. i could care less if the guy is black or green. race has nothing to do with this. im as black as RJ. and no one should give me anything because of my color.just ask former Auburn RB brandon jacobs the great auburn. if otis said this and it's true, we need to be looking at other HS QB's folks.

Uh...Kodi wasn't the one saying it.  AUBURN recruiters is telling Kodi all this stuff.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 22, 2006, 10:45:08 pm

The Auburn coaches said it.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Hawgon on August 22, 2006, 10:30:56 pm
Did Otis really say that Kodi Burns was waiting to see if we would play a black QB?  WTH?  Somebody needs to send Quinn Grovey to talk to that kid.  Our best QB of the last 3 decades was a Grovey.  WTH?  I am tired of this kind of Shiite.  Just go on and go somewhere else Kodi if you think it is going to come down to that.  If you come and you are good enough, you will start.

Greg Thomas played with Quinn, too.  He was a year ahead, i believe.  He was a very good black QB.  It was really one of the best QB duos that i can remember here.

Immensehog

Quote from: northsideHog03 on August 22, 2006, 10:46:03 pm

I agree he is a good QB.  But college rosters are filled with guys who were good  QB's in college, but play other postitions.  His height (5'9) is a major problem.

You know better than I,  Emfinger's had him  at 5'9(probably old info).  But in today's recruiting, they put that dreaded "athlete" tag on guys who are QB's.  It is their way of saying he will be a reciever or DB in college.

bigguy551122

I agree he is a good QB.  But college rosters are filled with guys who were good  QB's in college, but play other postitions.  His height (5'9) is a major problem.

[/quote]

kodi burns is 6'2
perfection is all i expect.

Yo Huckleberry

I think we get Ziemba to Arky, but Burns is going to Aubbie or maybe evn OU. He's noy gonna want to compete w/Mitch, IMHO.

cubbie

Jason Campbell had one good year at AU as a Fifth Year senior. That is old for college age kids 22 or 23.  By this time the top talent in college has been in the NFL for a year. I mean all the juniors that go pro early. I also have not seen campbell to anything at Washington.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

forrest city joe

It's this simple folks, either kodi burns, wants to come here or he does not. race wont be the thing that makes him leave. it will just be used as an excuse. Auburn is not the first school to use race,and wont be the last. do not sink this season with RJ, just to get burns. we never should have recruited one QB. this is not about race.PERIOD! and if burns cant see it, so be it. this sounds like otis was saying shut up about RJ or you wont get kodi burns. i say, so be it. im going to call it like i see it.

Calling All Hogs

Sadly enough many in Arkansas did not trust a black to be quaterback and surprisingly this lasted into the early
1980's. Greg Thomas played but had to be aware of this Bull Shitte. Quinn Groovey came and enlightened
and changed the mind of even the worst racist and this has not even been an issue for over 20 years. No one
holds Rojo's race against him. This is unbelievable. If the goofy NCAA wants to have any real meaning it should outlaw
this kind of baseless recruiting. You can poison a mind without consequence but can't give give them $5.

bigred7987

August 22, 2006, 10:55:20 pm #34 Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 10:57:17 pm by bigred7987
I guarantee you to an 18 year old looking at 2 colleges if one uses that slant it COULD work..all I said they could make a case for that.
Number of INT's for each player Robert in 8 games vs. Clearly superior competition to Casey, 6 interceptions.  Casey Dick in 4 games, 4 Interceptions
Ya know what, since I'm liking the stats arguement tonight I'll keep going, In 7 games (USC, Auburn, Georgia, Vandy, Alabama, La Monroe, Mizzoo State,  vs. Clearly superior competition, Robert averaged 125 yards per game in the air. 
Casey Dick in games vs. South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU averaged 145 yards per game. 
20 yards more per game yet Robert Johnson playing is absolutely unacceptable.
Look at Roberts games that he lost
Vandy WE SCORED 24 POINTS, I don't care who you are that should be enough to win a game against VANDY, everyone is too busy hating Robert that they forget how awful our defense was in that game in the 2nd half. 15 points in the 4th quarter, any SEC Game where you do that..YOU LOSE
USC- forget it we weren't winning it anyways but he was having a good night until his injury
Alabama- I admit, Robert had a very bad game here and this is where he showed the deer in headlights syndrome however Alabama's defense was good all year and if you look at how many points they gave up in order on their schedule 7,21,14,13,3,10,3,3,0,16 in a loss, 28 in a loss, and 10 to Texas Tech.  So the only teams to score in the twenties on them was Southern Miss and Auburn hmmm yet all the blame is on RJ, how quickly do we forget the 4th down where we left a WR uncovered when we lined up in that game that made it 24-13.
Georgia- quite frankly I don't know how we lost this game, but if you recall Greg Blue's INT was RIDICULOUS how high he jumped, never thought he could make that play.  Robert was 11/19 for 116 yards and that 1 INT so not like he was awful.  Robert Johnson was sacked 6 times in that game as well. Oh yeah does anybody remember running right 8 times even on 4th down? Oh yeah I forgot must be Roberts fault or something that indirectly points to him? 

Then Casey Dick entered and put up a whopping 10 points vs. South Carolina Defense, had a very good 2nd half vs. Ole Miss, either that or Ole Miss collapsed whatever way you look at it as we were losing that game badly until 2nd half, then threw for 124 yards vs. Mississippi State with 2 INT's and 2 TD's
next was LSU where Casey Dick was 12/28 for 148 yards...thats not even 50% completion rating yet you guys claim he is so much better 1 TD and 1 INT.  And did he lead us in a comeback of the LSU game?  NO but you weren't ready to crucify him like you were Robert after Georgia. 

Robert is deemed horrible by the fans while Casey is considered a very good QB?  Those stats dont back that up. 

* Most of this is from earlier posts that I have made

Immensehog

Joe brings it to the table, as always.

Yo Huckleberry

we've been recruiting! It is way too late to get in on another big time QB. We'd better prect MM w/a shark Cage for a couple of years.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Immensehog on August 22, 2006, 10:51:09 pm

You know better than I,  Emfinger's had him  at 5'9(probably old info).  But in today's recruiting, they put that dreaded "athlete" tag on guys who are QB's.  It is their way of saying he will be a reciever or DB in college.

Maybe you should google search more.
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=2392446
Top 10 nationally. Hardly a D-Back or receiver.
The kid hasn't been 5'-9" in a long time.

forrest city joe

Quote from: bigred7987 on August 22, 2006, 10:55:20 pm
I guarantee you to an 18 year old looking at 2 colleges if one uses that slant it COULD work..all I said they could make a case for that.
Number of INT's for each player Robert in 8 games vs. Clearly superior competition to Casey, 6 interceptions.  Casey Dick in 4 games, 4 Interceptions
Ya know what, since I'm liking the stats arguement tonight I'll keep going, In 7 games (USC, Auburn, Georgia, Vandy, Alabama, La Monroe, Mizzoo State,  vs. Clearly superior competition, Robert averaged 125 yards per game in the air. 
Casey Dick in games vs. South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU averaged 145 yards per game. 
20 yards more per game yet Robert Johnson playing is absolutely unacceptable.
Look at Roberts games that he lost
Vandy WE SCORED 24 POINTS, I don't care who you are that should be enough to win a game against VANDY, everyone is too busy hating Robert that they forget how awful our defense was in that game in the 2nd half. 15 points in the 4th quarter, any SEC Game where you do that..YOU LOSE
USC- forget it we weren't winning it anyways but he was having a good night until his injury
Alabama- I admit, Robert had a very bad game here and this is where he showed the deer in headlights syndrome however Alabama's defense was good all year and if you look at how many points they gave up in order on their schedule 7,21,14,13,3,10,3,3,0,16 in a loss, 28 in a loss, and 10 to Texas Tech.  So the only teams to score in the twenties on them was Southern Miss and Auburn hmmm yet all the blame is on RJ, how quickly do we forget the 4th down where we left a WR uncovered when we lined up in that game that made it 24-13.
Georgia- quite frankly I don't know how we lost this game, but if you recall Greg Blue's INT was RIDICULOUS how high he jumped, never thought he could make that play.  Robert was 11/19 for 116 yards and that 1 INT so not like he was awful.  Robert Johnson was sacked 6 times in that game as well. Oh yeah does anybody remember running right 8 times even on 4th down? Oh yeah I forgot must be Roberts fault or something that indirectly points to him? 

Then Casey Dick entered and put up a whopping 10 points vs. South Carolina Defense, had a very good 2nd half vs. Ole Miss, either that or Ole Miss collapsed whatever way you look at it as we were losing that game badly until 2nd half, then threw for 124 yards vs. Mississippi State with 2 INT's and 2 TD's
next was LSU where Casey Dick was 12/28 for 148 yards...thats not even 50% completion rating yet you guys claim he is so much better 1 TD and 1 INT.  And did he lead us in a comeback of the LSU game?  NO but you weren't ready to crucify him like you were Robert after Georgia. 

Robert is deemed horrible by the fans while Casey is considered a very good QB?  Those stats dont back that up. 

* Most of this is from earlier posts that I have made
Let me put it to you this way. im a black man who watched all of RJ's starts. he was terrible. pure and simple. and i dont think for one moment his race is the reason a lot of people dont think he can get it done. it's his play.

bigred7987

Do the stats support that? no

Feralhog

August 22, 2006, 11:08:09 pm #40 Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:11:11 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: CallMeHog on August 22, 2006, 10:54:36 pm
Sadly enough many in Arkansas did not trust a black to be quaterback and surprisingly this lasted into the early
1980's. Greg Thomas played but had to be aware of this Bull Shitte. Quinn Groovey came and enlightened
and changed the mind of even the worst racist and this has not even been an issue for over 20 years. No one
holds Rojo's race against him. This is unbelievable. If the goofy NCAA wants to have any real meaning it should outlaw
this kind of baseless recruiting. You can poison a mind without consequence but can't give give them $5.

It wasn't just Arkansas and it wasn't designated to college football either.  Doug Williams tore down the myth when he lead the Skins to a Super Bowl win over the Broncos.  It was discussed openly during the days building up to the game, whether or not a black QB could win in the NFL, or rather, the discussion was that there were still NFL fans in the 80's that had this mindset.   

Yo Huckleberry

pelting Marcus Monk in the back (v. Aubbie) don't show up in the stat book. You know what they say about statistics? There ya have it.

mbgrulz

Quote from: mikeirwin on August 22, 2006, 11:01:51 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on August 22, 2006, 10:51:09 pm

Maybe you should google search more.
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=2392446
Top 10 nationally. Hardly a D-Back or receiver.
The kid hasn't been 5'-9" in a long time.
as early as they start recruiting kids now, he might have been 5'9" when they started watching him. nonetheless KB is as good a QB as there is in the class of 07. he is not an "athlete" like some try to make him out to be. yeah, he can make a play when things go bad, but he has a cannon of an arm and is a pocket passer for the most part. didnt he throw it like 74 yds at some QB competition? i heard the top guy in the NFL threw 72. QB all the way through...being a good athlete just helps.

Temprees

It really does'nt matter.  Burns will play alot of positions if he plays at Arkansas, but it will not be QB.
Burns has NFL talent as a QB.  You obviously don't know Talent when you see it.  

Immensehog

Quote from: Temprees on August 22, 2006, 11:10:25 pm
Burns has NFL talent as a QB.  You obviously don't know Talent when you see it.  

I did'nt say anything about my thoughts on his QB prospects at Arkansas.  I just know what we do with Qb prospects at Arkansas.

Flatline

August 22, 2006, 11:13:47 pm #45 Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:23:45 pm by MLH
First of all the tactic being used by Auburn is of desperation but smart on their part. They were losing Kodi and knew it.  With situation involving Jackson going pro after leaving Arkansas and the problems with RoJo.  I don't like it one bit and it is the farthest thing from the truth.  Unfortunate this is the world we live in today, deception and lies. 

Second is that Kodi is 6'2 and maybe even taller.  His speed is faster than they show on scout and rivals also.   

Third is that he is a great QB not good.  He is just as talented as MM was in high school.  We will have to see what type of college QB he becomes.  I think with Wood coaching he could be a great one. 

Forth thing is this.  I know Kodi and I have watch him mature into a polite and smart young man.  Do not bash him for anything.  It is not far for anyone on here to pass judgement on this young man.  Most of you don't know him and you damn sure are not in his shoes. 

Smite me if you like but Kodi is a very special kid to me just like Matt Jones was.  I only hope the best for him and I do want him to be a hog.  We as fans have to respect these kids and give them a chance to decide what is best for them.

bigguy551122

yeah the most impressive thing about kodi is that he is a good pocket passer , he doesnt just give it 2 seconds and then scramble , he stick in the pocket and checks off every option
perfection is all i expect.

Feralhog

August 22, 2006, 11:23:11 pm #47 Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:25:33 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: MLH on August 22, 2006, 11:13:47 pm
First of all the tactic being used by Auburn is of desperation but smart on their part. They were losing Kodi and knew it.  With situation involving Jackson going pro after leaving Arkansas and the problems with RoJo.  I don't like it one bit and it is the farthest thing from the truth.  Unfortunate this is the world we live in today, deception and lies. 

Second is that Kodi is 6'2 and maybe even taller.  His speed is faster than they show on scout and rivals also.  

Third is that he is a great QB not good.  He is just as talented as MM was in high school.  We will have to see what type of college QB he becomes.  I think with Wood coaching he could be a great one. 

Forth thing is this.  I know Kodi and I have watch him mature into a polite and smart young man.  Do not bash him for anything.  It is not far for anyone on here to pass judgement on this young man.  Most of you don't know him and you damn sure are not in his shoes. 

Smite me if you like but Kodi is a very special kid to me just like Matt Jones was.  I only hope the best for him and I do want him to be a hog.  We as fans have to respect these kids and give them a chance to decide what is best for them.

I don't think anybody is judging Kodi.  What some are saying is, if Kodi said what was implied in the original thread, then I don't want him to be a hog.  Same goes if a white kid said something to that effect. 

If Kodi is as good a kid as you say, I doubt he's having those kinds of thoughts.  In fact, if he's as good a kid as you say, I'd have to think it would have the opposite effect on Kodi, if Auburn was using race to stir Shiite up.

Flatline

Quote from: Feralhog on August 22, 2006, 11:23:11 pm
Quote from: MLH on August 22, 2006, 11:13:47 pm

I don't think anybody is judging Kodi.  What some are saying is, if Kodi said what was implied in the original thread, then I just assume he not be a hog.  Same goes if a white kid said the same something to that effect. 

If Kodi is as good a kid as you say, I doubt he's having those kinds of thoughts.  In fact, if he's as good a kid as you say, I'd have to think it would have the opposite effect on Kodi, if Auburn was using race to stir Shiite up.

He is and his father will see right through all this crap.  Everyone needs to chill a little.  Give him some breathing room and wait.  It sucks but we had to do the same last year and it worked out.

nwarazfan

What AU is pointing out and what Kodi is seeing is a qb who was handicapped by an inept coach in an inept system being criticized mercilessly by our fans.  What they are pointing out is that our latest version of the Golden Boy is waiting in the wings and that the fans are ready to toss RJ aside.  What Kodi and AU are discussing is the fact if Kodi comes here he'll be constantly compared to the Golden Boy and if he has to wait his turn, will have to follow Golden Boy.  Why would he want to put up with our shallow ignorant fan base who love finding their homer heroes?  He could escape this, play for a proven top notch SEC OC in a Top Ten program.  Forget about race.

Besides staying close to home, not sure why Kodi would want to play here.  Our last Golden Boy got what he wanted and that was to play QB.  We lost a potentially very good qb due to Nutt's incompetent offense yet TJack gets the blame and MJ could do no wrong.  Why would Kodi want to go through that with Mitch here?