Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple of Questions From a Trojan

Started by mbtrojan, August 15, 2006, 05:01:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGINAPOKE

There is a new place having a grand opening sat nite the 2nd of Sept  at 11.00 pm. CROWS EAT PLACE.

A great story in itself. Seems this once homeless guy named Bellflower Billy, The name was givin to him because he lived in a box under a bridge overpass at the 91 frwy and Bellflower Blvd.

One day a trucker from J.B. HUNT saw this poor fellow dressed in rags and sportin a USC hat.Hunkered down. Ashamed.

He stopped and tossed this reakin guy into the back of the rig and drove to N.W. Arkansas.

The rest is history..Come join Billy for his, All you can eat crow fest sat night on Dickson.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Yoko Oinko

Don't stay in Lowell.  Its is run by a Guatemalen drug cartel from Rancho Dominguez.  Lots of gang activity.  Lowell is like a smaller Carson.  Stay clear of Springdale---Crips/Blood activity.  Think Compton with minor league baseball.  There is a Florence and Normandie there....Remember Reginald Denny?  When you think of NWA, think Los Angeles county.....

Stay in our version of Orange County called Mena.
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

PigPusher

Quote from: mbtrojan on August 15, 2006, 05:20:25 pm
Thanks for the advice:  Quick recap:

1) Stay at the Ramada in Lowell; not the Super 8 in Springdale
2) Skip the BBQ, find somewhere on Dickson Street Friday night
3) Get to the game when you want (between 12 and 3), but warm up on Dixon Street

Any good sports bars to watch Game Day on Saturday morning?

Looking forward to seeing you on Dickson Street Friday night and Saturday morning.

However if any on of your ten touched our school flag as it was being rudely thrown up through the crowd in the Trojans area, you will need to wear hardhats. The hail around here is fearsome and as big as softballs. We did not like that at all.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Yoko Oinko

Also, 540 is our 710 Freeway.  All trucks and traffic.  To get around and avoid sniper fire, take 71B from Alma and get off on the Rudy/Chester exit.
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

PigPusher

Ozark has great barbeque.  About 30 minute drive out of Fayetteville.  But be sure to take the scenic back road though.  That is well worthwhile.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: John Basedow on August 15, 2006, 07:39:55 pm
Also, 540 is our 710 Freeway.  All trucks and traffic.  To get around and avoid sniper fire, take 71B from Alma and get off on the Rudy/Chester exit.

Good Lord...a +1 if I ever saw one.

Bacon out...

Bucksnort

Jose's street side on Friday night.  Best Margarita's in town...  Just follow the noise!

Dittos . . . Jose's is the place for the best margaritas on the planet!!!  And their salsa and chips has just been moved to the top of the food pyramid in my book.

Yoko Oinko

Look SoCal brothers.  I'm just trying to help.  When you get to Mountainburg, after you pass the rusted out 1952 Olds abandoned on the right side of the road, there is a burned out rock building.  Hunker down in there until you hear the code words, "Warriors, come out to play!"  That'll be me.  I'll drive you to stadium parking in Barling where you'll be safe.

fire_hog

Quote from: PigPusher on August 15, 2006, 07:37:36 pm
However if any on of your ten touched our school flag as it was being rudely thrown up through the crowd in the Trojans area, you will need to wear hardhats. The hail around here is fearsome and as big as softballs. We did not like that at all.

Dude, you need to get over that flag nonsense, it's eating you up. What do you think of planting the AR flag on the turf at Austin? How bout Dale "disrespecting" the hook 'em horns sign?

It's a game. Played by teenagers. Have fun, cheer, and have a beer.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

PigPusher

You are so right fire it is a game.  You need to learn to recognize it when others are doing it. :):)
If you will go to the store and buy the board game called Arkansas /Southern Cal football you will see a pack of cards in the box. Shuffle through them and you will find a card that says, "Opponents flag up through the bleachers."  It is part of the game. :)

clew

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 15, 2006, 05:12:26 pm
Quote from: fire_hog on August 15, 2006, 05:11:28 pm
Damn, you guys type so fast, it just messes me up.

I'm picking myself up outta the floor.  NICE.

Bacon out...

aaarrrggghhh...beer bubbles coming forth from my nose!!! 

that burns...
Pure as the dawn

Immensehog

Attention trojan fans...   this is a warning.  You will see a group of guys in overalls and nothing else.  This is the Sheridan/Clarksville/Mena razorback tailgate contingent.

Don't bother asking these guys for any "grey poupon".

Don't bother these guys period.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Slacker

Go to Doe's Eat Place on Dickson. Southern Food, and the best steak in town, hands down (beside my own of course).

Rogers has many fine eating establishments, and is about a 10 minute drive from where you're staying. 

PigPusher

You may still see some folks still not wearing shoes around.  It is still pretty warm over here.

But y'all com'on ya hear?

moley_russells_wart_hog

sonnys bbq in springdale is better than penquin eds imho
and its not to far if you are staying in lowell its at i540 exit 73
on the east side of i540 by 40th street, the ribs are a dry rub
(which is what i prefer) , its not much on atmosphere but the
food is good

Slacker

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on August 15, 2006, 09:07:54 pm
sonnys bbq in springdale is better than penquin eds imho
and its not to far if you are staying in lowell its at i540 exit 73
on the east side of i540 by 40th street, the ribs are a dry rub
(which is what i prefer) , its not much on atmosphere but the
food is good

Right on. That is good BBQ there. Little hole in the wall. Great food.

thahawg

Yeah come'on and we'll show yall a good ole time down the yonder on Dickson St. I'm gonna where my red overalls with my fine straw hat. And since its such a big occasion i'm gonna where shoes.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: thahawg on August 15, 2006, 09:32:29 pm
Yeah come'on and we'll show yall a good ole time down the yonder on Dickson St. I'm gonna where my red overalls with my fine straw hat. And since its such a big occasion i'm gonna where shoes.

just don't wear them...whatever you do.

Bacon out...

Cold_Roses_80

Nice to know there are some cool USC people out there.
Your gonna get razzed anywhere you go, but everyone here for the most part will be gracious and be more than happy to party with you.
Just dont go to LSU!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on August 15, 2006, 09:38:05 pm
Nice to know there are some cool USC people out there.
Your gonna get razzed anywhere you go, but everyone here for the most part will be gracious and be more than happy to party with you.
Just dont go to LSU!

I hope he doesn't have any "trojan" appendage attached to the back of his van...I hear those might be flammable.

Bacon out...

missippihog

While youre in this half of the country, might as well drive the extra 8 hours on over here to Clarksdale, MS and eat the best BBQ in the USA at Abe's BBQ at the Crossroads. Seriously though, if anyone is ever this way, you have to eat at Abe's. Best you'll ever eat. And no, I'm not related, nor work there.

Doug

Quote from: mbtrojan on August 15, 2006, 05:27:59 pmThere will be 10 of us decked out in Cardnial and Gold.  We travel all over the country to see the Trojans play and look forward to this trip to Fayeteville.  I am sure we will get razed a bit, but hope to meet some courteous Hogs as well...always interesting to compare fan bases as a visitor.  See you soon...I do appreciate the advice.
I'm definitely jealous that you get to travel all over.  This will be my first game in person (I'm flying in from Georgia myself).  I've heard that there IS no electricity at any stadium quite like what goes on at F'ville on gameday... if it's even a HALF truth, we're all in for a real treat this year.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Douglas on August 15, 2006, 09:43:56 pm
Quote from: mbtrojan on August 15, 2006, 05:27:59 pmThere will be 10 of us decked out in Cardnial and Gold.  We travel all over the country to see the Trojans play and look forward to this trip to Fayeteville.  I am sure we will get razed a bit, but hope to meet some courteous Hogs as well...always interesting to compare fan bases as a visitor.  See you soon...I do appreciate the advice.
I'm definitely jealous that you get to travel all over.  This will be my first game in person (I'm flying in from Georgia myself).  I've heard that there IS no electricity at any stadium quite like what goes on at F'ville on gameday... if it's even a HALF truth, we're all in for a real treat this year.

Douglas,

This is really just any old regular run of the mill game.  We all heard you were coming so we've been organizing the "electric" atmosphere for months now in order to show you a dandy right time.

Bacon out...

thahawg

There is some pretty good BBQ down here in Hot Springs too with McClard's, Stubby's, and Rollins'.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: thahawg on August 15, 2006, 09:47:27 pm
There is some pretty good BBQ down here in Hot Springs too with McClard's, Stubby's, and Rollins'.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Stubby's pot o beans.

Bacon out...

thahawg

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 15, 2006, 09:48:39 pm
Quote from: thahawg on August 15, 2006, 09:47:27 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............Stubby's pot o beans.

Bacon out...

Always a good call.

CiriusPorker

We should bring some good ole southern cooking for the USC fans to take with them as a consolation prize after the game.

Footballref

SC fans you need to roll out to the ROAD HOG park where we tailgate we have converted a school bus into
a HOG PARTY BUS with a patio on the back. Fully equipted with four TV's on the side of four game day football waching.
We throw down HOG style

Oklahawg

I sent MBTrojan a PM with info, but I suggested some NWA signatures from the ages: AQ Chicken and Italian food in Tonitown. Also, that great southern tradition, fried catfish at Catfish Hole.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Footballref

The place to eat Catfish is the BACKWOODS BARN off of HWY45. If you have not been you should go
you will never go back to CATFISH HOLE again. But it is only open on Thursday,Friday, and Sat.

mbtrojan

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful responses.....and to those making jokes about gangs, flag stomping etc, I understand it is all tounge and cheek.  We lost our starting FB today which is  a bummer...should be a great game with an unbelievable crowd.  Everyone will be excited for the game.  Look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the gameday atmosphere in Fayeteville.   I will be around the board until a couple days before the game.

Thanks again and Fight On!

Shag66

Quote from: DevilHog on August 15, 2006, 07:30:43 pm
Quote from: Hawgrox on August 15, 2006, 07:28:55 pm
Just for the record....the best BBQ that I ever had is from a place called Jones BBQ on Louisiana Street in Marianna....it's in Eastern Arkansas about 60 miles southwest of Memphis on Highway 79. If anyone gets over that way I suggest you try it. Another place close is Cypress Corner BBQ on Highway 1 right off of Highway 49.

Yeah, but that is an awfully long drive for a sandwich. I think I'd go to Hugo's.

I had Hugo's last week...  You can't beat the Burgers and Sandwiches... 

Shag66

Quote from: Footballref on August 15, 2006, 10:14:21 pm
The place to eat Catfish is the BACKWOODS BARN off of HWY45. If you have not been you should go
you will never go back to CATFISH HOLE again. But it is only open on Thursday,Friday, and Sat.

Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.  Best darn catfish too...  would be SERIOUS culture shock for the Californians though  :)

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: OklahawgItalian food in Tonitown.

The Venesian Inn.

*drool*

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

mikeirwin

Try Foghorns 2175 N. College Fayetteville.
50 flavors of Wings, Tenders, Catfish.
Acid Rain (my favorite) will leaving you crying for your momma.

the donger

Quote from: Bucksnort on August 15, 2006, 07:49:11 pm

Jose's street side on Friday night.  Best Margarita's in town...  Just follow the noise!

Dittos . . . Jose's is the place for the best margaritas on the planet!!!  And their salsa and chips has just been moved to the top of the food pyramid in my book.
THEIR SALSA AND CHIPS SUCK. But the Margs are a different story.

the donger

absolutely!

foghornshog

Thanks for the advice:  Quick recap:

3) Get to the game when you want (between 12 and 3), but warm up on Dixon Street

Looking forward to seeing you on Dickson Street Friday night and Saturday morning.

Come by Foghorn's.  50 flavors of wings and tenders.  Full bar with 6 beers on tap, ESPN Game Plan, Sunday ticket, and live music on the patio Friday Sept. 1 with Jeff Fox.  Plenty of tvs and an outdoor covered patio.  Just off Dickson Street about 2 miles North.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: foghornshog on August 15, 2006, 11:57:41 pm
Thanks for the advice:  Quick recap:

Come by Foghorn's.  50 flavors of wings and tenders.  Full bar with 6 beers on tap, ESPN Game Plan, Sunday ticket, and live music on the patio Friday Sept. 1 with Jeff Fox.  Plenty of tvs and an outdoor covered patio.  Just off Dickson Street about 2 miles North.

Damn man, why did you have to post this, now i am freaking starving.

Man i want some wings right now.

Lando Calrissian

No kidding.

Ever notice how these "food" threads start to pick up steam late at night?

I could eat about 5 lbs of wings right now.

foghornshog, make it happen.

foghornshog

Sorry, us sports bar guys seem to be on late at night.  I will do a Hogville special very soon.  Just need some insight on where to start the thread and what date, and I can make the good deals appear.  I don't want to spam the site as I have said before.  I only bring it up when it seems appropriate.  I come here for the same conversation as you guys.  It is actually the exact same conversations I have every night with my customers.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: foghornshog on August 16, 2006, 12:23:16 am
Sorry, us sports bar guys seem to be on late at night.  I will do a Hogville special very soon.  Just need some insight on where to start the thread and what date, and I can make the good deals appear.  I don't want to spam the site as I have said before.  I only bring it up when it seems appropriate.  I come here for the same conversation as you guys.  It is actually the exact same conversations I have every night with my customers.

We Hogvillians, like Hobbits, are a hearty folk.  I doubt you'll find much resistance any time the topics of food (especially chicken wings) and "good deals" are brought up.

foghornshog

If it is ok for me to start a thread on it for ideas of dates and times, let me know, and I will handle the details.  I can do Friday if you guys want.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Immensehog on August 15, 2006, 05:16:35 pmNo self-respecting Arkansan would dare eat BBQ north of the Arkansas River.

I'd put our BBQ from here in NEA up against anything you LA unwashed have to offer.

SultanofSwine

They should look for HiM as I figure he will have a couple of bottles of his finest Champipple on hand for the tailgate.

Immensehog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on August 16, 2006, 12:38:27 am
Quote from: Immensehog on August 15, 2006, 05:16:35 pmNo self-respecting Arkansan would dare eat BBQ north of the Arkansas River.

I'd put our BBQ from here in NEA up against anything you LA unwashed have to offer.

NEA? Please.

See:
1. McClard's
2.Stubby's
3. Pit Pit in Caddo Valley(a real gem)
4. Hog wild in Pine Bluff.
5. Sandy's in malvern.
6. Smokin in style in Hot Springs.

I could go on...      You've been served.

Life is short.  Act accordingly.

SultanofSwine

If you put McClards at the top of your list you served yo own self.

See...
Craigs
Cypress Corner
Jones
Shaddens
Rays

Please don't ever try to tell a guy from the Delta about BBQ when you live in the hills.

Hawgasaurus

Pig Pit in Caddo Valley is the real deal!!!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

HogISH™

Quote from: the donger on August 15, 2006, 11:54:27 pm
absolutely!

agree, and they server BEER!!!

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.