Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 14, 2006, 10:35:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Kodi just called me a few minutes ago. Here's a few notes.

* Still down to Arkansas and Auburn and both are pretty much even.

* He will be at the USC game.

* Still looks like Kodi and Lee Ziemba will commit to the same school but may be at different times.

* Kodi says he will commit when he feels right about it. No time frame.

* His decision won't be swayed by what Mitch does this season.

I feel real good about Arkansas' chances on getting Kodi. Hopefully we'll know more after the USC game.

pioneerhog

With the atmosphere that is gonna go with the USC game I think he might commit then and there. This could be wishful thinking but I think this game is gonna leave a big impression on the recruits that attend it.

Hawgz4Life

Unfortunately, that could go either way.

JIHawg

Great report, TRG.  Clear concise information, then your opinion, all we could expect from a recruiting guru.

MM-gohogs

the atmosphere is going to be great, it could be greater, ripping in roaring under a condition or two, but yes i think it could go our way if the condition was right, but also it could be bad if our team doesn't show up on 9/2

GO HOGS
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

PigPusher

Very informative always. Thanks.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Cresthog

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

northsidegrizzly06

You have got to be kidding me.. they will try anything to get a player these days

willie Cutts

was Kodi at the scrimmage saturday? there was someone on the sidelines who was not dressed out who was throwing  to some of the receivers. He was african american and left handed so I thought it might have been Kodi.

BigPapaHawg

Thanks again TRG for the great report.
WOO PIG

DirectorM

Great update.  Thanks for the info.

blake

Quote from: pioneerhog on August 14, 2006, 10:40:42 pm
With the atmosphere that is gonna go with the USC game I think he might commit then and there. This could be wishful thinking but I think this game is gonna leave a big impression on the recruits that attend it.
I hope your right.

SpareRib

TRG - Thanks for clear, concise, factual info.  You're appreciated.

Pork Out
WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Tejano Jawg

I'm doing some work with an OU alum. He just told me they're interested in Kodi now that Bomar is out of the picture. Don't know if any anyone has talked or not...but from the above conversation, it looks like Oklahoma is not on his list right now. So, do we need to fear them getting in the mix?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Arazorbackguy1

I thought he was really interested in A&M as well?   He has the 12th man as his number one friend on MySpace. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

SbrokeskiAg

From what I understand he had eliminated the Aggies as a choice.  I would think the longer he delays his decision the more likely he could open his options back up.  I'm still holding out hope to get him at College Station.

bighog77

Quote from: Tomcat on August 15, 2006, 07:35:21 am
Did I see someone mention that Auburn is urging Kodi to see how the Nutt treats RJ this year?  Like playing Kodi would be a race issue?  ???
\

Lets dont bring the race card in here. Also dont post stuff you dont know to be factual.

howboutthemhawgs

QuoteLets dont bring the race card in here. Also dont post stuff you dont know to be factual.

Actually it's been reported on several reliable recruting boards that this matter HAS been brought up to Kodi by Auburn recruiters.  Whether it's 100% reliable who can say but when credentialed reporters are quoting sources it's about as good as we can do without having Kodi say it himself.
It's not the size of the Hog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the HOG!

The real Hogules

OU got in on the Kodi Burns sweepstakes too late to make a serious push for his signature, IMHO.
Burns seems very focused on TWO teams and both schools are in the SEC.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Mohawk

hope he's got a strong back.............

Tomhog™

Quote from: bighog77 on August 15, 2006, 11:21:19 am
Did I see someone mention that Auburn is urging Kodi to see how the Nutt treats RJ this year?  Like playing Kodi would be a race issue?  ???
\

Lets dont bring the race card in here. Also dont post stuff you dont know to be factual.

You're one post is one too many.  How am I bringing up the race card when I am asking what I've seen posted in here?  This forum is a place to ask questions as well as posting facts. If you are that sensitive, I'd suggest finding somewhere else to go...

Corkscrew Johnson

i hope i hope i hope.  that would be a kick in the balls to have two players of that caliber from our own backyard defect to the enemy.

MF

As much as I would like to "build a fence" around our homegrown talent, I just don't see a player of Kodi's caliber coming into a situation where he knows he isn't going to play for at least 3 years (Redshirt, RS Fresh, Soph years).
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

J.A.Y.

Quote from: willie Cutts on August 15, 2006, 08:31:33 am
was Kodi at the scrimmage saturday? there was someone on the sidelines who was not dressed out who was throwing  to some of the receivers. He was african american and left handed so I thought it might have been Kodi.

Kodi is right handed,

Probably Jerrell Norton, left handed former high school quarterback not yet cleared to practice.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

The real Hogules

Quote from: jayloot on August 15, 2006, 01:38:01 pm
Quote from: willie Cutts on August 15, 2006, 08:31:33 am

Kodi is right handed,

Probably Jerrell Norton, left handed former high school quarterback not yet cleared to practice.

You are dead on with your Jerrell Norton guess.
It was him throwing a football around on the sidelines.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

TennesseeRaz

Yep Norton was throwing passes to my kids last Friday morning before practice.  He has a significantly better arm than their old man....

Razorback_Z71

August 15, 2006, 04:23:04 pm #28 Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:25:14 pm by Razorback_Z71
Quote from: MF on August 15, 2006, 01:29:37 pm
As much as I would like to "build a fence" around our homegrown talent, I just don't see a player of Kodi's caliber coming into a situation where he knows he isn't going to play for at least 3 years (Redshirt, RS Fresh, Soph years).
The way our QBs are getting banged up theses days, kodi may start a lot earlier. But if not, he will have a great chance to learn everything before he takes the field.  This will put kodi in great position to be successful and draw a lot of NFL attention.

A good example would be matt Learheart at USC.  Learned a lot under carson palmer and became very sucessful the moment he first steped on the field.

RhodeHog

Here that boys?  No booing at the USC game, unless it's the Trojans or the Refs!

porknpine

Outta curiosity, what gives ya the good vibes on Kodi?

Thanks -

sowmonella

Isn't OU is looking at a possible NCAA cloud on the horizon?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

bighog77

Quote from: Tomcat on August 15, 2006, 01:01:33 pm
\

You're one post is one too many.  How am I bringing up the race card when I am asking what I've seen posted in here?  This forum is a place to ask questions as well as posting facts. If you are that sensitive, I'd suggest finding somewhere else to go...

Your the one that implied that Auburn is telling Kodi watch how HDN treats RJ.  Then say like playing Kodi would be a race issue.  Keep that out it doesnt need to be here.  Also even if Auburn is telling him to watch how HDN treats RJ doesnt make it a race issue like you imply.  Why say that.

Tomhog™

Quote from: bighog77 on August 15, 2006, 11:59:37 pm
\

Your the one that implied that Auburn is telling Kodi watch how HDN treats RJ.  Then say like playing Kodi would be a race issue.  Keep that out it doesnt need to be here.  Also even if Auburn is telling him to watch how HDN treats RJ doesnt make it a race issue like you imply.  Why say that.

Quit smokin' your dope and pay attention, little person.  I did not 'imply' anything.  I remembered reading a thread about this a week ago and was asking if this was true.  It was ALSO brought up in that thread that it was a race issue.  I DID NOT make it out to be a race issue to begin with.  I was following up on what I had read earlier.  I guess you are also calling out the poster talking about Batman Carroll getting beat by whites in a 'race' issue.  I have no problem with race.  Evidently you do...

bighog77

Quote from: Tomcat on August 16, 2006, 08:50:46 am
Quote from: bighog77 on August 15, 2006, 11:59:37 pm
\

Quit smokin' your dope and pay attention, little person.  I did not 'imply' anything.  I remembered reading a thread about this a week ago and was asking if this was true.  It was ALSO brought up in that thread that it was a race issue.  I DID NOT make it out to be a race issue to begin with.  I was following up on what I had read earlier.  I guess you are also calling out the poster talking about Batman Carroll getting beat by whites in a 'race' issue.  I have no problem with race.  Evidently you do...

Whatever kid. Im not a little person.

dj

Kodi Burns, I Got 3 names to tell you about, Tavarius Jackson,Jason Cambell,and Robert Johnson what do they have in common? Two of them played in Alabama. and two of them made to the NFL ,Advice to the young man is simple. Go where you can play as well,go where fans support you as you develop. Good Luck.

Hawgballz

Quote from: dj on August 16, 2006, 11:05:23 am
Kodi Burns, I Got 3 names to tell you about, Tavarius Jackson,Jason Cambell,and Robert Johnson what do they have in common? Two of them played in Alabama. and two of them made to the NFL ,Advice to the young man is simple. Go where you can play as well,go where fans support you as you develop. Good Luck.

Huh,  ??? ??? ???  Are you counting their high school careers.  I am not sure what your point is?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dj

Auburn and Alabama State,in lew of the Robert Johnson situation and how people are dissin the guy,you know what I mean. We have had a underline history History....going back to Robert Reed. Seems like Certain Run and Pass QB'S don't fit on the hill.

Hawgballz

Quote from: dj on August 16, 2006, 12:45:31 pm
Auburn and Alabama State,in lew of the Robert Johnson situation and how people are dissin the guy,you know what I mean. We have had a underline history History....going back to Robert Reed. Seems like Certain Run and Pass QB'S don't fit on the hill.

OK, I see what you are saying, but I would say Quinn Grovey did all right for him self.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

cbjagman

Ever thought that certain qbs, black or white, might not have fit the system for whatever reason(s)? Why would any coach in his right mind purposely let a player who could win for him go just because of the color of his skin. IMHO a truly stupid argument.

PORK CHOP

if race  is an issue on the hill then why are 80-90% of the players black............. stoop

LRCentralTiger

Watching Kodi's interview last night shows he is definitely likes Auburn.  :puke: 
I hope he likes the Hogs more.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Tomhog™

Question now is, how is Auburn's QB situation?  How many do they have?  Did they get a good one in the '06 class?  Who else are they in on this year?

Since we are down to Mustain and Johnson, it might be more appealing for Burns to come to Arkansas.  Casey Dick probably won't factor in anymore.  He'll be so far behind from the injury, I just don't feel he'll be the best we have to offer. 

Kodi could work himself into second team as a true freshman.  I'd say that's a good deal.  I don't take him as one to want to redshirt his first year...

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Tomcat on August 17, 2006, 08:25:46 am
Question now is, how is Auburn's QB situation?  How many do they have?  Did they get a good one in the '06 class?  Who else are they in on this year?

Since we are down to Mustain and Johnson, it might be more appealing for Burns to come to Arkansas.  Casey Dick probably won't factor in anymore.  He'll be so far behind from the injury, I just don't feel he'll be the best we have to offer. 

Kodi could work himself into second team as a true freshman.  I'd say that's a good deal.  I don't take him as one to want to redshirt his first year...

Brandon Cox is a junior and Blake Field is a sophomore.  Cox is the starter and I do not know much about Field.  These two are all they show on the roster.

The_Bionic_Pig

August 19, 2006, 10:10:51 am #44 Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 11:18:17 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: TennesseeRaz on August 15, 2006, 02:31:58 pm
Yep Norton was throwing passes to my kids last Friday morning before practice.  He has a significantly better arm than their old man....

Jerrell Norton has been very dominant in practice since he was clearned a few days ago to play.  Coach Herring is very impressed and according to the Defensive Coordinator he may work his way into the starting Nickel Spot.

Kodi Burns has lined up a official visit to Auburn and will use the Arkansas -vs- USC as a unofficail then utilize Arkansas @ Auburn as a Official which will leave it open to attend another Arkansas game as a Official....by the way here is his highlight reel - 

click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on August 19, 2006, 10:10:51 am
Kodi Burns has lined up a official visit to Auburn and will use the Arkansas -vs- USC as a unofficail then utilize Arkansas @ Auburn as a Official which will leave it open to attend another Arkansas game as a Official....by the way here is his highlight reel - 

click me

holy piss... talk about an ATHLETE.  he's a pretty damn good QB too.  out of that whole video clip the 50 yard bomb off of his back foot with seemingly little arm motion was super sweet.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

mtownhog

Quote from: Tomcat on August 17, 2006, 08:25:46 am

Auburn got a pretty good qb in last years class named neil caudle

northsidegrizzly06

Kodi IS a great quaterback....and for those that don't believve me take the trip to Mayo Thompson stadium on friday nights and you'll see.

gopigsgo

+1 Kodi is awsome, notice how defenders look like they are about to or should get him and can't quite get there. He also looks downfield to throw all the way up to the last second before committing to run, then note the field coverage,not as fast but reminds me of MJ in how he uses the whole field.