Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would you rather beat USC or Auburn?

Started by tiltinghog, August 14, 2006, 09:24:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Fan

Play well against the Trojans - win or lose. Beat the he!! out of Auburn and the USC that matters Unv or S. Carolina.
Pittman or Bust!

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsNbeer on August 15, 2006, 10:04:22 am
Conference games are the most important...Period, end of story......
Since we are dreaming here...  I would rather finish 12-1 with that one loss being to Auburn and beating the snot out of USC on ESPN.  Us beating Auburn has never gotten us much attention in the past.  Heck we are 4-4 against them and who talks about those victories???  We beat USC on NATIONAL TV and I promise you recruits will know about it and people will talk about it for years to come.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoopS

I just think that beating Auburn would help get us into the SEC Championship game which would be one of 3 games on Championship Saturday and possibly put us into a BCS game, which I don't even need to remind anyone how many times we have been there.   To me, beating USC would be wonderful.  Similar to beating Texas a few years ago.  If given the oppurtunity that year, I think I would have strongly considered trading that win for the Auburn game.  Just my opinion.

Pork Twain

Quote from: hoophogs on August 15, 2006, 10:14:24 am
I just think that beating Auburn would help get us into the SEC Championship game which would be one of 3 games on Championship Saturday and possibly put us into a BCS game, which I don't even need to remind anyone how many times we have been there.   To me, beating USC would be wonderful.  Similar to beating Texas a few years ago.  If given the oppurtunity that year, I think I would have strongly considered trading that win for the Auburn game.  Just my opinion.
If we beat USC on ESPN and finish out 12-1 it would be hard to keep us out of a BCS bowl.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Queen Hog

Of course I would like us to beat both, but since Auburn is a conference game, I have to go with that one. 
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

HoopS

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HoopS

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsNbeer on August 15, 2006, 10:04:22 am
Conference games are the most important...Period, end of story......
Would you rather beat Texass this year or LSU?

jpghog

USC--first game of the season, national tv, no prayer from any commentators.  Recruiting would receive a huge boost.  I think we will be better this year, but I am not disillusioned.  We need a couple of more good recruiting classes to be competitive.

whatsshakinbacon

August 15, 2006, 01:50:41 pm #61 Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:36:49 pm by whatsshakinbacon
Quote from: JeffSpicoli on August 14, 2006, 10:31:26 pm
USC, recruiting would skyrocket.

Agreed...our sideline is going to be full of blue-chip recruits for this game.  And, a loss to Auburn on the road wouldn't hurt our momentum.

But, this is all hypothetical anyway...I'd rather beat USC and worry about Auburn next.  And if we DO beat USC, there's not a reason in the world why this team wouldn't be rolling enough to beat Auburn there.

Bacon out...

hogfan47

C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

maxsl8er

Quote from: THROWITDEEP on August 14, 2006, 10:02:23 pm
By far, I would always have to go with the conference opponent, but this is an exception.  They beat us too bad last year. 

USC

I agree.

Razorback_Z71

August 15, 2006, 04:40:25 pm #65 Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 04:43:10 pm by Razorback_Z71
I would have to say Auburn.   

Take USC to the wire and run all over Auburn.   When we start beating Auburn on the field, we will start beating them in the recruiting battles.

If we beat USC, most meda would call the game a fluke, and we got lucky.  If we lose to Auburn this year, we may also lose LZ and KB. 

leavenworth1

Beating USC would do so much for morale, recruiting, excitement, redemption way beyond what a conference win would do.  I know conference games are important, but not as overall important as beating USC with Kodi Burns, Ziemba, and probably several other recruits in attendance.  I'll take USC on this one. 

whatsshakinbacon

One other reason I want USC is that right now I can't see past them.  I am so focused on this single game that everything...I mean EVERYTHING else pales in comparison.  This game unveils a new offense, it unveils a much improved defense from when we played them last year, and it has revenge written all over it for me.  I can't help myself.

Bacon out...

Razorback_Z71

Quote from: Razorback_Z71 on August 15, 2006, 04:40:25 pm
I would have to say Auburn.   

Take USC to the wire and run all over Auburn.   When we start beating Auburn on the field, we will start beating them in the recruiting battles.

If we beat USC, most meda would call the game a fluke, and we got lucky.  If we lose to Auburn this year, we may also lose LZ and KB. 
I changed my mind.... were going to give both of them an A$$ woopin this year.   

Sir Kam of Luap

I just pray we aren't embarassed on national television against USC, and that we can keep it interesting against Auburn.

I'm more concerned about the Mississippi's and Vanderbilt right now.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 15, 2006, 04:47:13 pm
One other reason I want USC is that right now I can't see past them.  I am so focused on this single game that everything...I mean EVERYTHING else pales in comparison.  This game unveils a new offense, it unveils a much improved defense from when we played them last year, and it has revenge written all over it for me.  I can't help myself.

Bacon out...

Aha!!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

AFWarrior83

USC, we won't get a shot at them next year! Also it would be a great start to the season, and could provide some motivation to beat Auburn.
Hogville member since 2005.

hoggytonk

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 15, 2006, 08:39:29 pm

Bacon out...

Aha!!!!!!!

Bacon!  I am not going to let this go...go back and edit that "Bacon Bit"...add a little tabasco, brotha!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 15, 2006, 10:19:45 pm

Bacon out...

Aha!!!!!!!

Bacon!  I am not going to let this go...go back and edit that "Bacon Bit"...add a little tabasco, brotha!

Hey notshavin...let me tell you one thing "brutha".  I think we're gonna win that game.  And I think Sunday morning when we read the papers Razorback Nation will have a new hero...Mitch Mustain.  Whether or not he takes the first snap is immaterial.  WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE!

;D ;D ;D

Bacon out...

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on August 15, 2006, 10:24:28 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 15, 2006, 10:19:45 pm

Bacon out...

Aha!!!!!!!

Hey notshavin...let me tell you one thing "brutha".  I think we're gonna win that game.  And I think Sunday morning when we read the papers Razorback Nation will have a new hero...Mitch Mustain.  Whether or not he takes the first snap is immaterial.  WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE!

;D ;D ;D

Bacon out...

Man...I got chills just thinking about it...

Can you imagine this board if we win that game?

I still believe in my small brain that the best way to go is with Mitch, but once 7:35 p.m. hits....the brain goes OUT THE DOOR...and the HEART GOES NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Not Nutts)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WPS, with ya brotha on the SAME SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Porkleone

August 15, 2006, 10:27:29 pm #77 Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 11:52:54 pm by Yindao
Quote from: JeffSpicoli on August 14, 2006, 10:31:26 pm
USC, recruiting would skyrocket.

It would improve REGIONALLY from the exposure....don't count on many 4 star athletes from San Diego or Los Angeles moving to Fayetteville..

I would much rather beat Aurburn. 

I believe a tougher decision would be:

1.  Would you rather beat USC and loose to Auburn
2.  Would you loose 70-17 vs. USC and defeat Auburn

:)
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogsmaster

So who's in the lead?  Should've done a poll.

Calling All Hogs

Auburn with Kodi and Lee Ziemba looking on in the stands wearing Razor Red!

Pork Twain

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 16, 2006, 06:25:44 am
Auburn with Kodi and Lee Ziemba looking on in the stands wearing Razor Red!
If we beat USC Kodi and Lee might commit before the Auburn game.

NATEHOGG216

if we wouldn't get embarrassed in the USC game then I would want to beat Auburn
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.