Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weems to A&M ?

Started by hogtusk, July 28, 2006, 10:05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

August 02, 2006, 08:45:55 am #50 Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:50:21 am by hog_fan_08
Quote from: Razr on July 28, 2006, 10:24:24 am
Andre wanted to play for Nolan. He backed out after Nolan was fired. You can't fault the kid for that. Some kids want to play for a school, some want to play for a coach.

Now signing and then changing your mind when nothing drastic has happened is bull and they should be held to it.

Well said,  I seem to believe that if Gus MAlzhan wouldn't have been hired as OC at the UofA then I bet Mustain probably would have gone to Weis and ND. I think that Mustain came bc of Malzhan.  Anyone not agree with me should think it over again bc he was feeling strong about Notre Dame until Malzhan was announced as OC. Also, look how close Florida was to getting Damian Williams.  Thats the same as Mustain.

:razorback: WOOOOO PIG SOOIE !!! :razorback:
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

oswilliams

Next years basketball team will need all the help it can get. I sure hope that Weems makes it to the hill. I think he could be a good contributor. It will be interesting to see who will lead the basketball team next year. Brewer and Modica will be hard to replace for a while.

clew

glad I didn't have to take college algebra or trig...

of course Cal I - Cal III and differential equations was pretty tough... :)

Pure as the dawn

blake

Quote from: silvertip on July 28, 2006, 01:34:22 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 28, 2006, 10:10:52 am
Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2006, 10:08:21 am
Would not surprise me.  I have it on good info that he will may not pass his last summer classes to get elg at the UA.  If this happens though, I hope the UA holds his feet to the fire on his loi.  If he wants to go elsewhere he would have to sit out a year.  I am tired of kids signing, then backing out.  I really dont care what the reasons are either. 

Weems will pass from what I hear and the only person I hear not going to make his grades in the past 24 hours is Freddie Barnett in the football arena of sports.  All Sonny Weems has left to complete is a course in Algebra.

Well hey, if he's struggling in algebra, it may not be too late to get that covered with a correspondence course thru Auburn. I hear it only takes about a week & don't even have to go to class.
That's funny, good one.

Razorback88

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on July 28, 2006, 11:44:03 am
Quote from: jvegashawg on July 28, 2006, 10:15:16 am
Would not surprise me.  I have it on good info that he will may not pass his last summer classes to get elg at the UA.  If this happens though, I hope the UA holds his feet to the fire on his loi.  If he wants to go elsewhere he would have to sit out a year.  I am tired of kids signing, then backing out.  I really dont care what the reasons are either. 

Weems will pass from what I hear and the only person I hear not going to make his grades in the past 24 hours is Freddie Barnett in the football arena of sports.  All Sonny Weems has left to complete is a course in Algebra.

I would be in trouble

Me too.
Took it 5 times before I passed.
Two F's, Two drops, and an A the final time.

It took five tries to find the right person to sit by? :P

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: Razorback88 on August 02, 2006, 11:22:55 am
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on July 28, 2006, 11:44:03 am
Quote from: jvegashawg on July 28, 2006, 10:15:16 am

I would be in trouble

Me too.
Took it 5 times before I passed.
Two F's, Two drops, and an A the final time.

It took five tries to find the right person to sit by? :P

No, five times to figure out I needed to enroll at Auburn. :P

_Collin1

Quote from: clew on August 02, 2006, 09:27:34 am
glad I didn't have to take college algebra or trig...

of course Cal I - Cal III and differential equations was pretty tough... :)

Yes, I also had Cal 1 through 3, Diff E, Numerical Methods, and Linear Algebra.  College Algebra is a joke.  I know alot of students have problems with it because its a multiple choice test (at least it was when I was on Campus in the late 90's).  I dont mean answers A-D, its multiple choice like 1 through 10.

Its impossible to get partial credit on a math test when you are in front of a computer picking 1 of 10 answers.  Thats what makes it hard.  The material is taught in 7th and 10th grade math class.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Big Papa Satan

I'd be SOL if I was Weems.  I can't pass a bull course like algebra.

Guess I need to enroll at Youfus.

hog caller

ugh i hated algebra and can't say that i have ever used it in my entire life passed and don't ever have to take it again. don't ask for my grade though.

i thought Sonny Weems was a done deal.

SbrokeskiAg

Quote from: cameltoe on July 28, 2006, 11:01:48 pm
Quote from: LedZepHog on July 28, 2006, 10:58:56 pm
Ahem  -  Forgive me for sticking to the point..........I thought he was a done deal (and our future).

I think the point of the tread is that the UA does not transfer D's.  A&M obviously does.  If weems has a D he will be a credit shy from being eligible.  If that scenario holds true A&M may be his backup plan.  Hopefully, this is a little to do about nothing.
I transferred in to A&M and I'm pretty sure the D's I did have didn't transfer.  Anyways, back to Sonny Weems.
All I know is the pub I've heard around here and I'd love to seem him play for Billy Clyde and his former coach again. This year's class is shaping up nicely so I'll be that guy and say if we get him its a bonus and if we don't then its because we didn't want him....ha.  Pretty snobby eh.  Just havin' fun.

Josef