Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Clothing/Gear No-No's for the USC game

Started by Sao Ming, May 17, 2006, 08:45:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: toshortrock on May 17, 2006, 09:07:06 am
man,for one i still wear sandals and socks,who in the hell cares what u wear,why u care anyway,whats up with this,,if some clown want s to go naked,have at it,don't let some gru head try and tell u what to wear,whats up with that anyway
That was painful.  Have you considered using a PERIOD?

return2glory

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 09:15:52 am
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on May 17, 2006, 09:11:39 am
7. Wear shoes that will allow you to stand the entire game.
7a.  If you do not plan to stand, don't get mad if the person in front of you does.
7b.  If rule 7a is unacceptable, give your ticket to someone else.

Ok I agree and disagree with this.  If you are the only person in a section standing then that is kind of rude.   Now I'll stand all game if that's what the crowd is doing, but I'll also have respect to sit down when the situation calls for it. 

I take exception to this. Last year I went to the Auburn game and some guy behind me got so pissed because I wanted to stand up and cheer.

THIS IS FOOTBALL NOT THE FREAKIN OPERA!!! You're supposed to be loud and even sometimes obnoxious. If you aren't excited enough to stand up and support your team...STAY HOME!!!

Standing up and yelling are part of what makes the atmosphere electric and part of what gives the "home field advantage". 

I'm all for common courtesy, and I definitely see your point hogfan, but if someone wants to watch the game sitting down, I think they should stay home and watch it on tv. Chances are they'll get a better view anyway.

Standing at football games should be mandatory for all those capable of standing. If you aren't capable, enjoy the game from the handicap seats or your sofa.

Not trying to be mean, just getting sick of lazy 45 year old washed up pricks dictating whether or not I should stand at the game.

hogfan064

Quote from: return2glory on May 17, 2006, 10:13:26 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 09:15:52 am
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on May 17, 2006, 09:11:39 am
7. Wear shoes that will allow you to stand the entire game.
7a.  If you do not plan to stand, don't get mad if the person in front of you does.
7b.  If rule 7a is unacceptable, give your ticket to someone else.

Ok I agree and disagree with this.  If you are the only person in a section standing then that is kind of rude.   Now I'll stand all game if that's what the crowd is doing, but I'll also have respect to sit down when the situation calls for it. 

I take exception to this. Last year I went to the Auburn game and some guy behind me got so pissed because I wanted to stand up and cheer.

THIS IS FOOTBALL NOT THE FREAKIN OPERA!!! You're supposed to be loud and even sometimes obnoxious. If you aren't excited enough to stand up and support your team...STAY HOME!!!

Standing up and yelling are part of what makes the atmosphere electric and part of what gives the "home field advantage". 

I'm all for common courtesy, and I definitely see your point hogfan, but if someone wants to watch the game sitting down, I think they should stay home and watch it on tv. Chances are they'll get a better view anyway.

Standing at football games should be mandatory for all those capable of standing. If you aren't capable, enjoy the game from the handicap seats or your sofa.

Not trying to be mean, just getting sick of lazy 45 year old washed up pricks dictating whether or not I should stand at the game.

You are more than welcome to stand up and cheer.  There is nothing wrong with that and that's not what I'm saying.  When the Hogs are doing good then most everyone is standing.  When there is a key point in the game then stand. 

What I'm calling rude is the guy that is standing up by himself when its 52-10 and Arkansas is playing SMS or some nobody and all we're doing is handing the ball off to 3rd teamers.    When 95% of the stadium is sitting there really is no point to stand.  I mean you can yell sitting down.  Yes, you should be passionate at a football game, but being rude to others around you isn't being passionate.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 08:45:32 am
First let me say that attending sporting events in Dallas can be both comical and maddening.  Case in point, while attending the Byron Nelson last week I saw dudes in thier Ashworth shirts, Oakley's and spiked golf shoes on roaming all over the damn place. 

What?? Spiked golf shoes? Did they think they were going to get to step out of the gallery and take over for Chad Campbell or Ernie Els at some point? That's hilarious. They might as well bring their clubs with them too.

Rey Pygsterio

"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

Sao Ming

Quote from: MCPeePants on May 17, 2006, 10:18:38 am
Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 08:45:32 am
First let me say that attending sporting events in Dallas can be both comical and maddening.  Case in point, while attending the Byron Nelson last week I saw dudes in thier Ashworth shirts, Oakley's and spiked golf shoes on roaming all over the damn place. 

What?? Spiked golf shoes? Did they think they were going to get to step out of the gallery and take over for Chad Campbell or Ernie Els at some point? That's hilarious. They might as well bring their clubs with them too.

Can't make this stuff up man.  It will be worse at the Colonial this weekend.  Thats a funny scene man.  The ratio of hot chicks and titty dancers out there will flat out amaze you.  It helps to counterbalance those who have a yardage booklet in thier back pocket hoping a caddy lost thiers.  Well worth the sun burn to go to the Byron.  So many laughs, so much arse.

HOGLUVIN

Sao Ming

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on May 17, 2006, 10:20:03 am
Sao Ming, how about sending me an e-mail?

Ive tried a few times.  here is mine in case the last I had for you was incorrect in my address book.  hit me!  mphillipsinc@aol.com

hogfan064

Something that really bothers me is parents that bring infants to games.  Now come on.  It can't be healthy to have a 6 month old baby in the hot sun for 4 hours. 

Also, don't bring a kid to a game that you know is going to act like a brat all game.   And if you do bring them don't let that kid crawl all over me!! 

Also, if your kid has a pom pom don't let it hit me in the head the entire game.  At Auburn 2 years ago I had some Auburn girl about 8 years old continue all game long to beat me in the head with a pom pom and her dad would say nothing to her

HOGLUVIN

I love the guy behind me letting his farggin "spit cup" spill all over me, my programs, my food, my drink. I have to step in it for 2 hours.

I get from him. "My bad" and 1/2 a napkin.

Wait til he gets back from the restroom and his sweater is crumpled up in his seat and my area is clean and clear.

Say sumthing.

hogfan064

Quote from: Fresh Legs on May 17, 2006, 10:32:48 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:29:32 am
Something that really bothers me is parents that bring infants to games.  Now come on.  It can't be healthy to have a 6 month old baby in the hot sun for 4 hours. 

Also, don't bring a kid to a game that you know is going to act like a brat all game.   And if you do bring them don't let that kid crawl all over me!! 

Also, if your kid has a pom pom don't let it hit me in the head the entire game.  At Auburn 2 years ago I had some Auburn girl about 8 years old continue all game long to beat me in the head with a pom pom and her dad would say nothing to her

So why didn't you say something to her dad?

Yes, I did.  I was polite as possible because I didn't want to be rude infront of an 8 year old girl.  But he would say something to her, but she would continue and he would continue to really ignore the situation.  Take the damn pom pom's away dad!!

Sao Ming

Funny about the spit cup.  Ever see the dad who is collecting souvenir plastic cups with his kids?  Like, 35 of the things?  That's an ender...pull his man card for being so greedy.

hogfan064

Another thinkg that annoys me are those idiots who think they can sit anywhere in the stadium they want. 

Every year I see a couple guys that obviously have never been to a SEC game.  They will sit down about 45 minutes before the game starts and think they have themselves a great pair of lower level seats.  Then when the people who have those seats come into the stands the morons are like "Oh I didn't think anyone would be sitting here"    This is the SEC you morons you can't just sit anywhere!

hogfan064

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 10:37:25 am
Funny about the spit cup.  Ever see the dad who is collecting souvenir plastic cups with his kids?  Like, 35 of the things?  That's an ender...pull his man card for being so greedy.

That guy needs to be shot.  Who needs 35 cups?  Get 3 maybe 4 and walk away.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:34:45 am

Also, don't bring a kid to a game that you know is going to act like a brat all game.   And if you do bring them don't let that kid crawl all over me!! 

Yes, I did.  I was polite as possible because I didn't want to be rude infront of an 8 year old girl.  But he would say something to her, but she would continue and he would continue to really ignore the situation.  Take the damn pom pom's away dad!!

Jerk his arse up and Mitch Slap him. She'll get the point. Tell her what a Mitch Slap is and she will understand and be a better citizen for it.

hogfan064

I just can't stop this morning. 

Hey dads when I'm in a bar in Auburn don't bring your 10 year old daughter in with you and spend 5 hours in the bar with her.   I'm sorry, but I don't think a bar is a place for a 10 year old.   And also don't leave her alone at the bar!!!    Good God some people are just stupid

SupaCrawf

Please wear deodorent, and make sure you know how to do the hog-call properly.  Neither one of these things is that hard, but if you screw either up, I'm libel to beat your face in with cat like accuracy and quickness...
I'm kind of a big deal.

hogfan064

Quote from: HOGLUVIN on May 17, 2006, 10:40:10 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:34:45 am

Jerk his arse up and Mitch Slap him. She'll get the point. Tell her what a Mitch Slap is and she will understand and be a better citizen for it.

I've gotten in 1 bad confrontation at a football game.  That was in Lexington a couple years ago with 2 inbred UK fans.  The 2 guys were being very rude around a grandad and his young grandson who were Hog fans.  I didn't appreciate the rudeness and got into it with the 2 little punks.  The confrontation ended with Stadium security taking the 2 UK fans out of the Arkansas section.

hogfan064

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 17, 2006, 10:42:05 am
Please wear deodorent, and make sure you know how to do the hog-call properly.  Neither one of these things is that hard, but if you screw either up, I'm libel to beat your face in with cat like accuracy and quickness...

I saw some fat old guy call the Hogs while patting his belly.  Is this acceptable?

HOGLUVIN

Also Dad's, if you daughter is 10 or 11 dont bring her into the mens restroom.

Im standing right up to a full length urinal...head back... doing my thing and I look over and standing right next to me... yep a 10 year old girl... ponytails and all. EEEEEEK! ...

Sooo now I talk 4 STEPS FORWARD! And am standing inside the urinal! Thanks ahole.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:43:42 am

I saw some fat old guy call the Hogs while patting his belly.  Is this acceptable?
? was there a UA cheerleading in his overalls? He may have just been trying to tell her it was time to start! bwahahahaha!

hogfan064

May 17, 2006, 10:49:03 am #71 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 10:52:53 am by hogfan064
Quote from: HOGLUVIN on May 17, 2006, 10:43:58 am

Im standing right up to a full length urinal...head back... doing my thing and I look over and standing right next to me... yep a 10 year old girl... ponytails and all. EEEEEEK! ...

Sooo now I talk 4 STEPS FORWARD! And am standing inside the urinal! Thanks ahole.

You should've asked her if she wanted to hold it for you. :)

Ok smite me for that.  I was wrong in saying that. 

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:49:03 am

I don't think Hogluvin is ready for prison lovin. 

I agree with #8.  PLease no camo, none whats so ever.   Guys this  is as bad a USC fans wearing Socks with those Jesus Sandels.  You look like Hillbilies.

HOGLUVIN

FO SHO!

Sao Ming

Quote from: bigrod155 on May 17, 2006, 11:13:55 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 10:49:03 am

I agree with #8.  PLease no camo, none whats so ever.   Guys this  is as bad a USC fans wearing Socks with those Jesus Sandels.  You look like Hillbilies.

hillbillies dont wear sandals, those are shoes with the toes worn out dont you know?

HOGLUVIN

hogfan064

What if you are a hillbilly, should you not dress like one? 

rzrbaxfan

Just wanted to weigh in on the "to stand or not to stand" discussion.

I too had a similar experience in the Auburn game.  It seems like I always sit in front of the [CENSORED] of people that don't want to stand, EVER! I have been asked to sit, asked to quit yelling so someone can hear their cell phone, and asked to scoot down when I've already been scooted out of my seat.

Speaking of the cell phone...I know its not a fashion thing, but can we please quit standing and waving while on our phones saying "can you see me?"

hogfan064

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on May 17, 2006, 11:40:37 am
Just wanted to weigh in on the "to stand or not to stand" discussion.

I too had a similar experience in the Auburn game.  It seems like I always sit in front of the [CENSORED] of people that don't want to stand, EVER! I have been asked to sit, asked to quit yelling so someone can hear their cell phone, and asked to scoot down when I've already been scooted out of my seat.

Speaking of the cell phone...I know its not a fashion thing, but can we please quit standing and waving while on our phones saying "can you see me?"

OH I hate those people!!! Why does it make people so happy when someone they just saw 30 minutes earlier tailgating can see them at the game? 

First fans "Hey I'm in section 110 next to the fat guy in the Hog hat.  You see me"

Second fan "Yeah I see you!!!"

First Fan "Wow I see you too, I'm waving"  insert girly giggle

jeffrey271991

no mullets, this goes without question
guys, do not remove your shirt unless you have a complete tan
if you have a complete tan then no manscaping
refrain from wife beaters (especially if stained) or flanels without the sleaves
and unless you are a smoking hot chick do not and i repeat do not wear cut off jean shorts

SupaCrawf

That will work.  I had to sit next to a guy at the Vandy game who was:
1) wearing a puffy shirt.  Yeah, like the one on Seinfield.
2) reeking of horrible BO
3) Butchering the hog call.  He kept saying "Arkansas razorbacks" after each 'verse', which resulted in 2 extra fist pumps per call, thus more BO in my face
I'm kind of a big deal.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 17, 2006, 11:46:46 am

3) Butchering the hog call.  He kept saying "Arkansas razorbacks" after each 'verse', which resulted in 2 extra fist pumps per call, thus more BO in my face

I dont want to be a Pirate!

hogfan064

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 17, 2006, 11:46:46 am

LMAO, that's some funny stuff.  THis thread is killing me. 

If you're a hog fan you definitley better not have BO.  Calling the Hogs is just to risky if you do

Cresthog

Quote from: legman on May 17, 2006, 09:04:26 am
6. Don't complain the whole game that "Houston just isn't letting Gus run the offense". You might think your commentary is insiteful, but really , seriously, you are ruining the game for at least one person around you.

Thats funny bc all last season I yell "HOUSTON YOUR AN IDIOT! OPEN UP YOUR JR HIGH OFFENSE!"  And people all around me loved it!!!

Legman...you might need to wipe your face, it seems as if there is a brown substance around your nose

Sao Ming

i agree man, this stuff is pretty funny.  I am still pictuing a fat guy calling te hogs while patting his belly.  Oddly mesmarizing - how do you do that?

Cornhogio

You mean like some 20-something prick trying to dictate what to wear?  :D
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

PAHog

On the issue of standing: it is a football game not a croquet match.  If you have someone in front of you who stands the entire game and don't like it, ask to have your seats moved.  I stand pretty much the entire game except TOs, halftime, and calls under review.  People who sit a majority of the game (that do not have some health issue) don't understand what kind of factor a stadium full of standing, cheering, rowdy fans can have on a game.  On a related point, don't yell and make a bunch of noise when it's 3rd down and WE have the ball--you're an idiot that knows little-to-nothing about football if you do this.

On the Dress Code: one of my favorite activities during down time and waiting in lines at games is commenting to those around me on the fashion sense of some of the game's attendees.  "Look at the guy with the mandals (AKA dress sandals)."  Who doesn't enjoy pointing out to their friends that the guy in the line next to them has a gut that not only hangs over his belt, but also out from underneath his shirt?  One exception: if you are wearing paraphernalia of another college team (one of the more popular ones is a ND hat) you need to either leave, or accept the beating you deserve.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

hogfan064

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 11:53:19 am
i agree man, this stuff is pretty funny.  I am still pictuing a fat guy calling te hogs while patting his belly.  Oddly mesmarizing - how do you do that?

He was a fat old guy.  It was in Columbia in 2004.  Very nice man, but never seen anyone call the Hogs like that.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: Cornhogio on May 17, 2006, 11:55:45 am

You mean like some 20-something prick trying to dictate what to wear?  :D

touche'!

I luv it!

toshortrock

all of a sudden u guys want suits and ties,,well,,,well,,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

qakhed

grey sweats with an elastic band. The legs pulled up to your knees and your t-shirt tucked in was out in the 80's, but yet you'll see one or two every game.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

4th and 1

yeah dont wear the printed jersey's or wind pants...i saw a arkansas fan doing that in hollywood...it was sad, especially since it was a grown man.  Where a collared shirt and some kahki's or if your just kickin it the wear some jeans and a razorback t shirt....basically....LOOK NORMAL.

T-Bag Hawg

Is my a$$ length mullet and wifebeater still acceptable?
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

T-Bag Hawg

I'm an idiot, didn't see the mullet and wifebeater rule above.  My bad.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on May 17, 2006, 02:56:03 pm
I'm an idiot, didn't see the mullet and wifebeater rule above.  My bad.

I guess the answer was in the question...eh?  ;)

T-Bag Hawg

Sao Ming

Hey man, don't let it get you down.  Your admission is just a cry for help man.  It's not too late.  It's NOT too late (shaking your shoulders).  If you don't get help from Hogville, please, get help somewhere.