Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest Clothing/Gear No-No's for the USC game

Started by Sao Ming, May 17, 2006, 08:45:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelHawg

If your name isnt John Daly the mullet isnt acceptable

Rooka

May 17, 2006, 04:34:48 pm #101 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 06:31:05 pm by Death by Hog
For me the biggest rule of what not to do for guys is never jump up when the fight song plays and swing that cheap pom pom on a stick in synke with the music.  Might as well wear a name tag that says hello I'm Queer.

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 11:53:19 am
i agree man, this stuff is pretty funny.  I am still pictuing a fat guy calling te hogs while patting his belly.  Oddly mesmarizing - how do you do that?
Of course this only accounts for 67% of the fans in the Stadium

arkhogdog61

i think anybody that starts a post about what you can and can't wear to the game is goofy as hell with to much time on their hands!
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

HotRodHog

If you paint your OTHER snout red, keep it to yourself and in the barn...
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something" Dick Butkus

UofA Alumnus

Sonofahog

My favorite is the Arkansas Razorback tennis shoes.  Or,  maybe the guy wearing the old #7  Barry Lunney jersey with the huge Hogs on the shoulder.   
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

arkhogdog61

why don't some of you in the no tell everyone the perfect attire to wear to a hog game.

sowmonella

As long as the 2 chicks that sit 2 rows in front of me in 107 keep wearing the low rider jeans and the red thongs that mesmerize me when they sit down.....I'm OK with anything.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

big boes

noprayerfornutt

No tube tops.

No Confederate Flag shirts or dew rags.

cmakrzrbak

...and dudes should never, ever wear capri pants.  Not even in Italy...
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

Sao Ming

Quote from: arkhogdog61 on May 17, 2006, 05:44:41 pm
i think anybody that starts a post about what you can and can't wear to the game is goofy as hell with to much time on their hands!

Tool:  Anyone who wouuld get through 103 posts of pure comedy reading and post this drivvle is more than likely one who has shown up to a game in all Top 12 No/No's !!  You get ridiculed by girls dont you.  It's Ok.  There are still boys to love.

Landonhog

May 17, 2006, 10:16:14 pm #112 Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:39:52 am by Landonhog
Quote from: toshortrock on May 17, 2006, 12:49:16 pm
all of a sudden u guys want suits and ties,,well,,,well,,,

There will never be anything wrong with dressing nicely to an SEC football game.  It's just a Southern class thing....  I can still remember thinking my grandfather looked like the most important man in the world when we would go to games when I was a very small child... 
All I can say or plead, is that everyone try to avoid the stereotypical "Arkansas hillbilly" attire....  I'm not talking specifically about the USC game, because that would appear as if I actually cared about Cali...  This goes for all UofA events... :razorback:

Sao Ming

LandonHog wins.  This is what I have been waiting for.

HatfieldHog

Sao Ming, you haven't been tempted to watch anymore NBA Basketball tonight have ya?  I skipped across it while channel surfing, and it gave me such full body shivers that I almost dropped the remote.  But, about that time, a light shone from above, and it gave me the strength to continue changing the channel's....

Wow, that was refreshing....     See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Sao Ming

Quote from: HatfieldHog on May 17, 2006, 10:50:32 pm
Sao Ming, you haven't been tempted to watch anymore NBA Basketball tonight have ya?  I skipped across it while channel surfing, and it gave me such full body shivers that I almost dropped the remote.  But, about that time, a light shone from above, and it gave me the strength to continue changing the channel's....

Wow, that was refreshing....     See ya

84-80 Spurs at the moment.  Watching every minute.  Give it a chance Hatfield.

HatfieldHog

It's sad to say, but I'd kinda like to know how many Duncan's throwing down tonight....I'm slipping!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Sao Ming

at half he was 11-11 for 28 i think - he is unstoppable.  Parker is on fire as well.  With 8 to go in the 4th we are down by 2, 86-84.  With all the bolo's thrown by SA the mavs are in this.  I love our chances.

Cornhogio

Quote from: Landonhog on May 17, 2006, 10:16:14 pm
There will never be anything wrong with dressing nicely to an SEC football game.  It's just a Southern class thing....  I can still remember thinking my grandfather looked like the most important man in the world when we would go to games when I was a very small child... 
All I can say or plead, is that everyone try to avoid the stereotypical "Arkansas hillbilly" attire....  I'm not talking specifically about the USC game, because that appear as if I actually cared about Cali...  This goes for all UofA events... :razorback:

I understand what you're saying, and I don't really care for the perception of Arkansas that exists in most places.  That said, I've also realized that as that perception changes, the mofo's keep moving here.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

younghawg

Quote from: taintlint on May 17, 2006, 08:55:02 am

Actually, only white trash or goobs will wear a jersey anyway. I mean......come on.....if you are over 4 years old and have a jersey on, you need to just let your wife pick out your clothes. To make matters even worse, the jersey is typically a 1994 Starter or Champion jersey! Just don't wear them.

Yes, Right on dude.

go hogues

My favorite attire at the games are the double-knit, homemade red pants that the older generation of hog fans wear.  Usually you will find these same people wearing flimsy white shoes with a small razorback on the side.  It is something that I could never possibly wear in the heat of half our season but I respect the old timers for rockin' the double knits into the new century!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on May 17, 2006, 09:11:39 am
7. Wear shoes that will allow you to stand the entire game.
7a.  If you do not plan to stand, don't get mad if the person in front of you does.
7b.  If rule 7a is unacceptable, give your ticket to someone else.

I 100% agree!!!
I dont know why the fans at RRS insist on sitting down the majority of the game....or if we are behind. If you dont want to get into it,stay home, let someone have the tickets that will yell and scream, and call the hogs.
I actually had a man sitting directly in front of me at the Texass game 2 years ago........GUESS WHAT?        He asked me if my friends and I (all 240+ ) would not yell so loud and try to hold it down because it was bothering his wife!
C'mon man, I just dont understand the crowd up here in Fayeteville.
Also, I made a post about a month ago stating that the jumbo-tron is also a distraction instead of a motivator. Nobody really wants to watch "Great moments in Razorback history" during a time-out. That thing needs to play music,or tell the crowd to stand up and scream.....SOMETHING!!!!
I'm frustrated, going to bed! Goodnight!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

Louis-Hogfan

There is 1 thing I hate at any game, especially a Razorback game, and that is the wave.  I am sure it has been brought up in the past, but unless we are winning by triple digits, then the wave should never, EVER, be done.  Here in Louisville, the crowd starts it in the 1st quarter, while it is still a close game.    I nearly got into a fight because someone tried to start it during a Hockey playoff game, and I yelled "Hey Waveboy! Sit Down!" I should have picked a better venue to stage my outrage at "the wave." but it was prevented, none the less.

By eliminating the wave, we also help with the serious spread of the B.O. previously mentioned.  We also get the opportunity not to be serious "dumb a$$e$" who found the wave cool once, and must do it over and over.

Smithian

Also, don't bring kids who don't care about the game. I was at the MSU game in Little Rock and bought tickets down there so I was sitting where I wasn't ever before. I was sitting behind a couple 13-14 year old kids who were running around with friends and some girls. Around the third quarter, they sat down and were like, "Wow, that #5 game is good. Too bad were losing by this much." I almost died.

My horrow story is this guy behind our seats and one over last year who cheered a bit here and there, but not really and 3 times knocked over my groups drinks. No apology even once. He just shrugged his shoulders.

At the Alabama game two years ago, some guy had his 7 year old with him. He let him jump up and around and yell random things and try to talk to people the entire time. Then he got upset when noone would do the wave.

Arkiejared

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 08:45:32 am
2.  No men over the age of 12 are allowed to wear a replica helmet.   

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 09:10:50 am
-Guys don't wear tight Jean Shorts. 

All I can say about these is...dang.  :/

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 17, 2006, 08:56:59 am
2. Guys that are above college age don't paint your faces.  Yeah it was cool when you were in a frat, but don't be like Elaine's boyfriend on Seinfeld.  Unless you are that bald Georgia fan that has the Bulldog painted on his head.  Now that's just cool

As for this one, I kinda like the crazy guys that sit in the South endzone.  The "RazorKiss"  or "RazorGwar" dudes are pretty cool.

Big Papa Satan

This was taken at a Hogville tailgate.

If you're a woman and you have the figure, tube tops are A-OK.

Sao Ming

She's smokin, but would be much better in heels and not those lame flip flops.  Are you shocked I got that far south?

arkhogdog61

SM sounds like you have had a little practice dressing up. LMAO

Brutalis

I hate seeing fans on tv or whatever with maroon on, that is not our school color..
God, please let the my Hogs be just half as good as my Spurs. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh meeennnnnnnnnnn

hoggystyle78

If you have man boobs please by all means wear a shirt, and I don't mean an under armour shirt.

Stateline Hawg

If you spend hours out on the golf course at wms before a game in august (the UNLV game), please bring a second or even a third shirt.  This was the first game my wife ever attended.  While the band was on coming onto the field, a trio sat down in front of us.  The guy in front of my wife was just covered in sweat, there wasn't a dry spot on his shirt.  I guess my wifes knee was touching his back ever so slightly cause when we all stood for the anthem, she had sweat circle on here knee where she had been touching that guy.

PHill94

Quote from: Sao Ming on May 17, 2006, 09:02:21 am
Oh i completely agree...a hot chick with a flat tan tummy can tie a jersey in a knot ALL day long.  In fact, that should be a condition on the back of the ticket.

I vote for MAN LAW!

Sao Ming

Today is a good day to bump this.

Read it, learn it, live it.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteIf you have man boobs please by all means wear a shirt, and I don't mean an under armour shirt.

And wear a bro...or a manzeere, whichever you want to call it!
(sorry a little Seinfeld humor)

Good post to bump!  ;D

Izual65

Are we actually gona be sober enough to care about what we're wearing?

A sleeveless "beat texas" t-shirt with blue jeans and my Arkansas hat should do..

beatnikluv

Now I don't have anything to wear to the game :(

TH98

This is by far the best thread on here

I can't stop freakin laughing my arse off

PigMan

Everyone should up dress. Men in coats and ties. Women with dress hat and white gloves.  Believe it or not this used to be the dress of the day. I wore a suit many times to games.

rzrback6

QuoteShe's smokin, but would be much better in heels and not those lame flip flops.  Are you shocked I got that far south?

I prefer the lame flip flops and a light coat of oil myself...

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 18, 2006, 10:08:35 pm

Motion to exempt this girl from all rules.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

HamShank

If you allow your wife to wear anything with glitter or puff-paint on it, or any "homemade" Razorback gear of any kind, you will both immediately be removed.

strathog

can i wear my black cap? it's adidas,it has a razorback on it,bought it at bud walton. come on tell me it's okay!!

FLKeysGuy

I didn't want to read all four pages of rules, can I just get wardrobe
authority to tell me whether or not this is okay to wear to the game?

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 18, 2006, 10:08:35 pm

Good Lord J.F... Where'd you get that?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

hogken

wow yall just covered everything i own? what now? can I wear my fannie pack?
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

hog trouter

man,for one i still wear sandals and socks

Go stand in the corner and think about what you just said.

too funny!! lol kids asked what is wrong dad!!

Redemption_Kings

BEAT USC shirts..................I'm wearing that

beatnikluv

It was discussed last year/earlier this year . . .that was not taken at an ARkansas tailgate. . .it was an ACC school, IIRC. . . .just FYI. . . SHE'S NOT A HOG FAN.

Sao Ming

Quote from: KEYS on August 30, 2006, 05:19:34 pm
I didn't want to read all four pages of rules, can I just get wardrobe
authority to tell me whether or not this is okay to wear to the game?

Boy Keys, everything looks fine.  Oh, no smoking in the stadium though.  Other than that, good to go.

Junkyard Hog

I say no tank tops for men.  It's not very fun to sit beside an overweight, hairy man when you are constantly calling the hogs.