Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You're either with me or against me....

Started by twistitup, November 06, 2017, 07:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

CBB has pulled a kind of 'tough guy' attitude about the team...fans, media, and everyone that is a 'negative thinker' is not welcome - they belong on the outside.....only positive thoughts allowed.

CBB has totally changed his approach to the fans and his responsibilities as the head coach. The thin skinned, tough guy approach doesn't work in life and it doesn't work in coaching. Being accountable is the best approach and winning is the answer - acting like a jackass only makes it tougher for him to get the next gig

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RME

4 threads started today alone.

We get it. Most of us are ready for him to go. We know his time is up.

Again. We get it.

twistitup

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 06, 2017, 07:11:30 pm

Again. We get it.

4? Wow you are good....

oldhog63

The us against the world/them is a sign of desperation. It is nonsense to even hint the fans are against the team. Everyone wants the program, team, individual players, and coaches all to be successful. If we didn't care, then no one would be saying anything. People are frustrated because they DO care and nothing seems to be being done by the administration to fix the problems. CBB didn't work out. Move on. But don't say the team is on its own and the fans are against them.

rhames

Isn't that what Anakin Skywalker said before obi wan owned him?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: twistitup on November 06, 2017, 07:09:38 pm
CBB has pulled a kind of 'tough guy' attitude about the team...fans, media, and everyone that is a 'negative thinker' is not welcome - they belong on the outside.....only positive thoughts allowed.

CBB has totally changed his approach to the fans and his responsibilities as the head coach. The thin skinned, tough guy approach doesn't work in life and it doesn't work in coaching. Being accountable is the best approach and winning is the answer - acting like a jackass only makes it tougher for him to get the next gig
I agree.  Most people are likeable when things are going well.  True character is revealed in times of adversity.  Now that I see him for who he is, I don't like him at all.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

JaketheSnake

A coach trying to keep negativity out of the program???  FIrE him immediately!  We ONLY need negative thoughts to beat LSU this week!

Seriously, who cares?  He is still trying to do his job and protect the kids.  He's terrible on saturdays and needs to go.

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Pork Ranger

Again. We get it.

Yeah, pretty sure Twist is unemployed

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

DoubleReedHawgCaller

He's a meat head. He's going to do meat head things.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: rhames on November 06, 2017, 07:40:43 pm
No silly, it was what W said to the UN.

sickboy

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 06, 2017, 07:42:26 pm
I agree.  Most people are likeable when things are going well.  True character is revealed in times of adversity.  Now that I see him for who he is, I don't like him at all.

Christ. He has to live with Arkansas fans every day of his life. Cut him some slack.

hawgdavis

zuko

Against. BB is the outsider who has come to us with promises of glory and success and all he has shown us is reversed progress. He took over a better team than he built and his has a lot of balls referring to people who criticize that as outsider. OK then I'm an outsider but I ain't no loser who makes promises and no matter what BB will walk away from here a rich man which is the biggest reason he came here anyhow and the money that made him rich was paid in by the outsiders of Arkansas.

rzrbaxfan

"outsiders"

"You're either with us or you're against us"

If he gets another win and says "one more for the good guys", then I know he's been watching some late 90's WCW.

Razorbackers

Quote from: HeathWimp on November 06, 2017, 08:02:48 pm
Only Sith deal in absolutes.

Have you ever heard the tale of Darth Bert the obtuse?

Hog Fan...DOH!

The personal attacks on every single word CBB says are exhausting. And I'm really directing that at the media and radio personalities.   

He's either going to win out or he isn't coaching here soon.  Regardless, he probably isn't coaching here.  Why the vitriol?  It's like Election '16 all over again.  Enough.   

casken

I would agree it is time to make a change. To be honest, however,...I am not sure what he could say now that would not result in being critiqued. Sorta darned if you do, darned if you don't thing.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 06, 2017, 07:53:57 pm
A coach trying to keep negativity out of the program???  FIrE him immediately!  We ONLY need negative thoughts to beat LSU this week!

Seriously, who cares?  He is still trying to do his job and protect the kids.  He's terrible on saturdays and needs to go.

This... Hell, Let's all pull together, pray they win out and help Bret and family pack before they move.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

Quote from: casken on November 07, 2017, 09:03:37 am
I would agree it is time to make a change. To be honest, however,...I am not sure what he could say now that would not result in being critiqued. Sorta darned if you do, darned if you don't thing.

It might help him to just admit failure...don't blame media, fans, players, coaches, negativity,etc... - just be a big guy and say "I have failed, I apologize - we will try to end this season on a high note"

Sometimes it's better to not be a B.S. type - just being straight with the fans will work at this point. Don't lie about the starting qb, don't downplay the TJ situation, don't sugarcoat a bad win - just be straight

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: twistitup on November 07, 2017, 11:02:18 am

It might help him to just admit failure...don't blame media, fans, players, coaches - just be a big guy and say "I have failed, I apologize - we will try to end this season on a high note"

Yeah I might not use the word failed but you could say apologize for the sub par performance say the fans and players deserve better. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: rhames on November 06, 2017, 07:40:43 pm

Do the movies ever show Anakin? Or are you pulling from books?

twistitup

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 07, 2017, 11:04:58 am
Yeah I might not use the word failed but you could say apologize for the sub par performance say the fans and players deserve better. 

true.

maybe failed was a little brutal...maybe

1highhog

Quote from: longpig on November 06, 2017, 07:44:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J581XFa9ec0

If we could ride people out of town on a rail that would be epic for Bielema,,, however, finding enough big ole boys to lift Bielema and carry him out of town on a rail would be another matter entirely.

HogimusMaximus

El Puerco Grande

He is the Head Coach. I love the Hogs, therefore I am with him. I also want him to be anywhere but Arkansas at season's end.
How 'bout them hogs?

KennyForAD

Again. We get it.

Lanny,

Why is it that I have to read some jackass thread cop BS like this in nearly every thread?  If this were my board, I would put a stop to it.  Just a suggestion.

NFAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: 1highhog on November 07, 2017, 11:59:48 am
If we could ride people out of town on a rail that would be epic for Bielema,,, however, finding enough big ole boys to lift Bielema and carry him out of town on a rail would be another matter entirely.

You got one volunteer right here, as long as we can tar and feather Jeff Long at the same time.

KennyForAD

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 06, 2017, 08:06:34 pm
Yeah, pretty sure Twist is unemployed an asset to Hogville and always a pleasure to read, unlike you thread cops

RME

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 01:04:52 pm
Lanny,

Why is it that I have to read some jackass thread cop BS like this in nearly every thread?  If this were my board, I would put a stop to it.  Just a suggestion.

NFAD

Crying to the adults now, are we?

It's not your board. Therefore, you have no power or influence over the board.

Further, I can post as much stupid darn as I like, and you can continue to post stupid darn like you already do.

If the mods wanna kick me out for expressing my annoyance at the same recycled threads with the same recycled bull popping up ad nauseam, they can do so.

Carry on.

Next1_04

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 01:15:25 pm

Further, I can post as much stupid darn as I like, and you can continue to post stupid darn like you already do.

If the mods wanna kick me out for expressing my annoyance at the same recycled threads with the same recycled bull popping up ad nauseam, they can do so.

Carry on.

+1

KennyForAD

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 01:15:25 pm

Carry on.

I've always agreed with that and support zero censorship.  But man, you thread cops take the cake.   Is there any way to get you to stop it?

RME

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 01:39:38 pm
I've always agreed with that and support zero censorship.  But man, you thread cops take the cake.   Is there any way to get you to stop it?

There sure is, my man. Stop making the same recycled, pointless threads.

Pretty easy fix, really.

KennyForAD

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 01:41:03 pm
There sure is, my man. Stop making the same recycled, pointless threads.

Pretty easy fix, really.

RME

KennyForAD

We have a snake for an AD and a Baboon for a coach.  We got kicked around on Homecoming by 1-8 Coastal Carolina.

If you think people aren't going the shout to the heavens, you are INSANE.

DeltaBoy

It is us vs Jeffrey Integrity Long and Bret Uncommon Wins Bulimia !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KennyForAD

Our stadium was EMPTY on homecoming as we got whipped by Coastal Carolina.  We are one of the worst teams in the NCAA, and the worst in Razorback history, and there are people here pretending that we are over-reacting to the Long/BB train wreck.   The amount of Jeff Long virtual minions is shocking.

sowmonella

I'm against you.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

KennyForAD

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 07, 2017, 01:53:16 pm
No we need more of these recycled threads, the more the better.    Hey Jeffie Long, I know you read HOGVILLE do us all a big favor and get the hell out of Arkansas and take lard-ass with you.   Loser!

Yes.  And we need to write letters to donors, never buy a ticket, don't go to games, and above all, do NOT donate money.

26.2Hog

Quote from: twistitup on November 07, 2017, 11:02:18 am

just be a big guy and say "I have failed, I apologize - we will try to end this season on a high note"

He's halfway there, cause he's already done the "be a big guy" part of that.

hassettsportsman

Along with giving up as the head coach of the Razorbacks, his worst achievement is that he has given up on himself.  His demeanor says it all.  I think he wants to be fired or negotiate his dismissal.  Jeff Long should be so obvious!

twistitup

sowmonella

Quote from: twistitup on November 07, 2017, 03:36:46 pm
Sweet, I thrive when people are against me

Then Hogville must really get you goin.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Wants2Win

no one respects the guy....not even his players. he made a boatload of cash in his 5 years of epic fail. time to move on.