Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Formal Introduction

Started by Pugnacious Pig, April 01, 2010, 03:16:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pugnacious Pig

April 01, 2010, 03:16:31 pm Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:37:00 pm by Pugnacious Pig

Hi Y'all.

I'm a over 50 "born-n-raised" Razorback fan.  Grew up in LA near the black gold fields but have lived the past 30+ in the belly button of Arkansas.  I thought that today, April 1st, 2010 would be a good day to just say "Howdy" and to offer each of you a chance to buy direct from me a genuine Swiss Spaghetti Tree Kit.

Free Spaghetti Trees

:razorback:
GHG!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things ... even though checked by failure ... than to rank with those poor spirits who live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt

-30-

NeverYield

Welcome, we're all glad to have you!  +1 to ya sir.
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

Thunderhog Jr

Welcome to Hogville..........

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Pugnacious Pig

Thanks for the welcome.  And +1 to all.  If you are still reading this thread ... permit me a chance to at least make it worth your while.

It was a particularly tough football game, and nerves were on edge. The home team had been the victim of three or four close calls, and they were now trailing the visitors by a touch-down and a field goal. When the official called yet another close one in the visitors' favor, the home quarterback blew his top.

How many times can you do this to us in a single game?" he screamed. "You were wrong on the out-of-bounds, you were wrong on that last first down, and you missed an illegal tackle in the first quarter."

The official just stared.

The quarterback seethed, but he suppressed the language that might get him tossed from the game. "What it comes down to," he bellowed, "is that you STINK!"

The official stared a few more seconds. Then he bent down, picked up the ball, paced off 15 yards, and put the ball down. He turned to face the steaming quarterback.

The official finally replied, "And how do I smell from here?"

"Far better is it to dare mighty things ... even though checked by failure ... than to rank with those poor spirits who live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt

-30-

NeverYield

Sounds bout like Arkansas vs. Florida in 2009!
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

Pugnacious Pig

Man you got that right.  That game was worse and it was no joke (except on us) ... the personal foul wasn't a close call ... it was just a plain bad call.

There was only one thing that was "foul" about it.

-30-
- Theodore Roosevelt

-30-

RazorHud

Slowly pushing towards 10, Welcome to hogville
God bless the pessimist, for he brings extra ammo.